Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@CitrusHeart

I see. I'd love to know how those sites compare in size to FR as well as how large their staffs are. It has been confusing for me because my experience tells me replying on suggestions forums isn't normally done by developers and it is just moderators you see when things get heated simply enforcing rules and closing problem threads.

There are two coders, the other being responsible for coli things and the fairgrounds games. I'm wondering if the growth was larger than they'd expected in the time span. There's also the issue of we don't and won't know where there's going to be enough time and resources to hire another coder they can trust with the site. Small internet start ups are run differently than say gaia or neopets. I'm hoping bigger features can roll out soon but I also know they take time and hiring more people isn't just money but also finding people you can trust especially with coding.

The could do better about some things with communication I agree but I'd rather not hear the same answers over and over on some things either. There needs to be a place on the encyclopedia for known bigger coming features and their current status even if it is no time frame it might help some people.
@CitrusHeart

I see. I'd love to know how those sites compare in size to FR as well as how large their staffs are. It has been confusing for me because my experience tells me replying on suggestions forums isn't normally done by developers and it is just moderators you see when things get heated simply enforcing rules and closing problem threads.

There are two coders, the other being responsible for coli things and the fairgrounds games. I'm wondering if the growth was larger than they'd expected in the time span. There's also the issue of we don't and won't know where there's going to be enough time and resources to hire another coder they can trust with the site. Small internet start ups are run differently than say gaia or neopets. I'm hoping bigger features can roll out soon but I also know they take time and hiring more people isn't just money but also finding people you can trust especially with coding.

The could do better about some things with communication I agree but I'd rather not hear the same answers over and over on some things either. There needs to be a place on the encyclopedia for known bigger coming features and their current status even if it is no time frame it might help some people.
i'm gunna stop putting my two sense in here but
1. with my coliseum REFUSING to work i can't involve myself in the dom pushes anymore exalting gives me nothing worth exalting for
2. without the coliseum i'm looking at how little there actually is to the game and now with people causing an uproar over exalting practices anyway Less people are exalting anyway
3, in addition it's impossible to sell for any kind of prices so breeding is at a stand still for myself as well
so, no coli no breeding because of the overmass of dragons granted these are no reason to change how the game works (and these are not my reasons for thinking it needs to be changed there are much more overarching reasons ) but without both of those 10 minutes a day maybe 20 for festival days and there isn't much left to do on the site for me nor a lot of excess cash to do it with i can't sell dragons i can't buy stuff those were the forums i frequented before my coli went down in addition to the dom push thread
so with exalting being the main focus of the profitable site users what if the coli did happen to go down for everyone?
i want the game to be enjoyable again back when there weren't too many dragons and logging in isn't something i have to decide if it's worth it to do.

Brokenglass had a valid idea. There are MANY valid ideas here and all over the site. i agree with the person who commented that the true issue is the admin not looking at thee suggestions, but i keep hearing about how there are only 4 admins. how can you run a growing site that's having problems with 4 admin?

please don't think i'm knocking the site i really enjoy it i'm just laying out my thoughts and i'm not trying to cause issues at all
i'm gunna stop putting my two sense in here but
1. with my coliseum REFUSING to work i can't involve myself in the dom pushes anymore exalting gives me nothing worth exalting for
2. without the coliseum i'm looking at how little there actually is to the game and now with people causing an uproar over exalting practices anyway Less people are exalting anyway
3, in addition it's impossible to sell for any kind of prices so breeding is at a stand still for myself as well
so, no coli no breeding because of the overmass of dragons granted these are no reason to change how the game works (and these are not my reasons for thinking it needs to be changed there are much more overarching reasons ) but without both of those 10 minutes a day maybe 20 for festival days and there isn't much left to do on the site for me nor a lot of excess cash to do it with i can't sell dragons i can't buy stuff those were the forums i frequented before my coli went down in addition to the dom push thread
so with exalting being the main focus of the profitable site users what if the coli did happen to go down for everyone?
i want the game to be enjoyable again back when there weren't too many dragons and logging in isn't something i have to decide if it's worth it to do.

Brokenglass had a valid idea. There are MANY valid ideas here and all over the site. i agree with the person who commented that the true issue is the admin not looking at thee suggestions, but i keep hearing about how there are only 4 admins. how can you run a growing site that's having problems with 4 admin?

please don't think i'm knocking the site i really enjoy it i'm just laying out my thoughts and i'm not trying to cause issues at all
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
[quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 12:36:23"]1. with my coliseum REFUSING to work i can't involve myself in the dom pushes anymore exalting gives me nothing worth exalting for[/quote] If your coliseum is refusing to work you need to go to the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help]Help Center[/url] or the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=bug]Bug Report Forum[/url]. Odds are if the Coliseum is not working for you, it is not working for someone else as well, and is something that the admins need to address. You will get more prompt attention and help for this issue in one of those two forums. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 12:36:23"]2. without the coliseum i'm looking at how little there actually is to the game and now with people causing an uproar over exalting practices anyway Less people are exalting anyway[/quote] I'm not sure less people are exalting, though maybe a few handfuls are exalting with no names to avoid unintentionally 'harassing' someone. The Fairgrounds gives 75kT a day, if you max it out for 5 days that nets you 375,000T. That's a pretty penny that you can get without stepping into the coli. [quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 12:36:23"]3, in addition it's impossible to sell for any kind of prices so breeding is at a stand still for myself as well[/quote] I know several members in Light who still sell dragons above exalt prices. I sell dragons above exalt prices. Just tossing things on the AH or in your hatchery isn't going to do you any good. You'll need to actually get out into the Dragon Wanted forums and advertise to people interested in the type of dragons you breed. It's definitely [i]not[/i] impossible.
NatsuTaka wrote on 2014-10-02 12:36:23:

If your coliseum is refusing to work you need to go to the Help Center or the Bug Report Forum. Odds are if the Coliseum is not working for you, it is not working for someone else as well, and is something that the admins need to address. You will get more prompt attention and help for this issue in one of those two forums.

I'm not sure less people are exalting, though maybe a few handfuls are exalting with no names to avoid unintentionally 'harassing' someone. The Fairgrounds gives 75kT a day, if you max it out for 5 days that nets you 375,000T. That's a pretty penny that you can get without stepping into the coli.

I know several members in Light who still sell dragons above exalt prices. I sell dragons above exalt prices. Just tossing things on the AH or in your hatchery isn't going to do you any good. You'll need to actually get out into the Dragon Wanted forums and advertise to people interested in the type of dragons you breed. It's definitely not impossible.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 12:36:23"] 3, in addition it's impossible to sell for any kind of prices so breeding is at a stand still for myself as well [/quote] There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt.
There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@wittykitsune They said the player base was a lot smaller than FR's. This was something i read in my own flight from about 3 members who were talking about it. So with player size smaller, it doesn't surprise me that a mod or dev member would chime in a forum.

I like the encyclopedia idea. I think it would help some players be at ease because there would at least be a list of what is soon to come and what we can look forward to.
on a personal note, i know it'd put me at ease. To put it as a mental image, i imagine the communication between the players and the admins going down like a bunch of people in front of a town hall who just want some answers or stuff to be fixed like a sewage pipe or a better way to pay the water bills but the officials locked themselves in town hall wondering either what to say about common issues or what could sedate the town for now.
So a list of what they have seen at least and even a response to that pinned outside the door can at least give some clarity and relief that the town is being listened to.
@wittykitsune They said the player base was a lot smaller than FR's. This was something i read in my own flight from about 3 members who were talking about it. So with player size smaller, it doesn't surprise me that a mod or dev member would chime in a forum.

I like the encyclopedia idea. I think it would help some players be at ease because there would at least be a list of what is soon to come and what we can look forward to.
on a personal note, i know it'd put me at ease. To put it as a mental image, i imagine the communication between the players and the admins going down like a bunch of people in front of a town hall who just want some answers or stuff to be fixed like a sewage pipe or a better way to pay the water bills but the officials locked themselves in town hall wondering either what to say about common issues or what could sedate the town for now.
So a list of what they have seen at least and even a response to that pinned outside the door can at least give some clarity and relief that the town is being listened to.
A few points!

Okay, first of all, the idea that the solution is to take more dragons out of the breeding pool rather than limit the dragons coming in: There are players, a great number of players, who are holding back on their own breeding because of the glut of dragons in the market. If we take dragons out of the market to ease that glut, breeding will increase and the glut will stay exactly the same. This is true on a periodic basis such as when we have exalt pushes, and it would be true on a long-term basis, too. The instant the market starts looking a little bit quicker and full of room, all of those people will be hopping right into their nesting grounds to make new babies. To remove enough dragons from the market that you outstrip how much people want to breed right now would be almost impossible, especially given how many people don't want to make babies just to send them off to exalt. It is essential to do both.

Possible ways to reduce breeding that have not been mentioned before: make the time on the nest longer--you get the excitement of knowing that your dragons are set up and ready to go, and there will be eggs, but not yet.

(Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates. Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)

Meanwhile, other solutions!

Everyone keeps talking about 'incentives to exalting', but nobody is talking much about what those could be. Monetary? I've got a pair of L25 dragons; it takes me less than ten minutes to level exalt fodder up to 7 or 8, which gives me significantly more than AH exalt fodder prices--compared to the hassle of re-listing the same dragon in the AH every single day for a week or three until it sells for a higher price, leveling and exalting already has me coming out ahead. People aren't refusing to exalt because of the money, they're doing it because of emotion.

Let exalted dragons keep their bios. Maybe make them un-editable, but let them have whatever story they have. A lot of my hatchlings that go to be exalted come from dragons I care about, with distinct backstories, and I'd feel a lot better about sending them off to the Windsinger if I got to make that little record of who and how they were first. FR's servers are already storing the images of every exalted dragon in the game; adding a few snippets of text cannot possibly take up that much more room. (If there's that much data overcrowding the servers already, then reducing the number of dragons born is the only feasible solution.)

Make exaltation reversable, for some kind of enormously, outrageously expensive boon in the gem marketplace. Knowing that I could potentially bring a dragon back would make me more inclined to exalt even though I probably never would. The dragon doesn't have to keep any of their stats or stones, can come back a total blank slate, just like any new hatchling.

Heck, give us multiple levels of exaltation, right, the dragon that's on a pilgrimage to serve the deity and the dragon that's gone and sworn to eternal service. High-level exaltation has a higher payout, isn't reversible, maybe only gets a very brief statement in their bio, and is great for all the total exalt fodder you just don't care about at all. Low-level exaltation sends away the dragons maybe forever maybe not, can be reversed at a high cost, and can maybe be bumped up to high-level exaltation later but it's more lucrative to do it all at once rather than in stages, or something.

Since the problem systematically, consistently seems to be, too many old adult dragons to make room for new babies, maybe split up the lair into a main lair and a nursery. You can always breed more babies into your nursery, you can list the babies in your nursery on the AH, you can move babies into the main lair whenever you want, but if you don't clear out enough space for your hatchlings by the time they age up, they wander off into the world on their own to seek their fortune. (Again, you've got the emotional/story aspect, and however much you want to get sarcastic about people getting too attached to pixel dragons, we're giving them names and bios and breeding pairs, so yeah, people get attached. Imagining that the babies are wandering the world to go off and have a life even if we never get to see it, vs going up a mountain to swear themselves to a deity and never really have any more of a story, would be attractive to some people.)

Aside from everything else, the main problem really does boil down to, what is the nature of Flight Rising as a game. It's set up so that if you have a cool dragon, the thing to do with that dragon is breed it. That's the only thing to do. 'Oh, I guess I ought to breed my dragon', great. There's the Coli, but once you hit L25 there's not really anywhere else to go. And there are looooots of people for whom freeform, forum-based RP is kind of confusing and intimidating. So what else could there be for dragons to do? Do we ever have any kind of game-wide events or challenges or whatever? The biggest interaction between players around here seems to be buying and trying to sell dragons. What else is an option? Aside from the question of the dragon market, the game itself loses appeal and a lot of its longevity if the only thing to do is make more and more dragons.

Especially if the only viable thing to do with those new dragons is to exalt them.
A few points!

Okay, first of all, the idea that the solution is to take more dragons out of the breeding pool rather than limit the dragons coming in: There are players, a great number of players, who are holding back on their own breeding because of the glut of dragons in the market. If we take dragons out of the market to ease that glut, breeding will increase and the glut will stay exactly the same. This is true on a periodic basis such as when we have exalt pushes, and it would be true on a long-term basis, too. The instant the market starts looking a little bit quicker and full of room, all of those people will be hopping right into their nesting grounds to make new babies. To remove enough dragons from the market that you outstrip how much people want to breed right now would be almost impossible, especially given how many people don't want to make babies just to send them off to exalt. It is essential to do both.

Possible ways to reduce breeding that have not been mentioned before: make the time on the nest longer--you get the excitement of knowing that your dragons are set up and ready to go, and there will be eggs, but not yet.

(Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates. Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)

Meanwhile, other solutions!

Everyone keeps talking about 'incentives to exalting', but nobody is talking much about what those could be. Monetary? I've got a pair of L25 dragons; it takes me less than ten minutes to level exalt fodder up to 7 or 8, which gives me significantly more than AH exalt fodder prices--compared to the hassle of re-listing the same dragon in the AH every single day for a week or three until it sells for a higher price, leveling and exalting already has me coming out ahead. People aren't refusing to exalt because of the money, they're doing it because of emotion.

Let exalted dragons keep their bios. Maybe make them un-editable, but let them have whatever story they have. A lot of my hatchlings that go to be exalted come from dragons I care about, with distinct backstories, and I'd feel a lot better about sending them off to the Windsinger if I got to make that little record of who and how they were first. FR's servers are already storing the images of every exalted dragon in the game; adding a few snippets of text cannot possibly take up that much more room. (If there's that much data overcrowding the servers already, then reducing the number of dragons born is the only feasible solution.)

Make exaltation reversable, for some kind of enormously, outrageously expensive boon in the gem marketplace. Knowing that I could potentially bring a dragon back would make me more inclined to exalt even though I probably never would. The dragon doesn't have to keep any of their stats or stones, can come back a total blank slate, just like any new hatchling.

Heck, give us multiple levels of exaltation, right, the dragon that's on a pilgrimage to serve the deity and the dragon that's gone and sworn to eternal service. High-level exaltation has a higher payout, isn't reversible, maybe only gets a very brief statement in their bio, and is great for all the total exalt fodder you just don't care about at all. Low-level exaltation sends away the dragons maybe forever maybe not, can be reversed at a high cost, and can maybe be bumped up to high-level exaltation later but it's more lucrative to do it all at once rather than in stages, or something.

Since the problem systematically, consistently seems to be, too many old adult dragons to make room for new babies, maybe split up the lair into a main lair and a nursery. You can always breed more babies into your nursery, you can list the babies in your nursery on the AH, you can move babies into the main lair whenever you want, but if you don't clear out enough space for your hatchlings by the time they age up, they wander off into the world on their own to seek their fortune. (Again, you've got the emotional/story aspect, and however much you want to get sarcastic about people getting too attached to pixel dragons, we're giving them names and bios and breeding pairs, so yeah, people get attached. Imagining that the babies are wandering the world to go off and have a life even if we never get to see it, vs going up a mountain to swear themselves to a deity and never really have any more of a story, would be attractive to some people.)

Aside from everything else, the main problem really does boil down to, what is the nature of Flight Rising as a game. It's set up so that if you have a cool dragon, the thing to do with that dragon is breed it. That's the only thing to do. 'Oh, I guess I ought to breed my dragon', great. There's the Coli, but once you hit L25 there's not really anywhere else to go. And there are looooots of people for whom freeform, forum-based RP is kind of confusing and intimidating. So what else could there be for dragons to do? Do we ever have any kind of game-wide events or challenges or whatever? The biggest interaction between players around here seems to be buying and trying to sell dragons. What else is an option? Aside from the question of the dragon market, the game itself loses appeal and a lot of its longevity if the only thing to do is make more and more dragons.

Especially if the only viable thing to do with those new dragons is to exalt them.
I am the world's worst marketer (I just slap them in the AH) and I can still sell dragons for a solid 20,000 at a minimum. And if they don't sell I level them to 8 and exalt for roughly 12,000, which isn't a horrible loss at all. That's not counting all the items I gain from grinding in the Coli with that fodder and selling for profit. Plus the items I get in gathering, the chests from familiars I get having caught them in the coli, all that.

Just sayin' that I'm not a super dedicated player and I can still make a decent profit off the system already in place. Not that we don't need some changes, but I don't think they need to be *this* drastic. I'm really keen on the alternate jobs idea and more exalt incentives. I've heard they're going to make some edits to the dominance system, and I wonder if that might help some with the problem too.

Plus I am working on some dragon projects for myself, and for other people looking for specific colors from my pairs. The RNG has not been kind to even my tightest ranged project pairs. If this (or the limited breeding) was implemented, I would cry. A lot.
I am the world's worst marketer (I just slap them in the AH) and I can still sell dragons for a solid 20,000 at a minimum. And if they don't sell I level them to 8 and exalt for roughly 12,000, which isn't a horrible loss at all. That's not counting all the items I gain from grinding in the Coli with that fodder and selling for profit. Plus the items I get in gathering, the chests from familiars I get having caught them in the coli, all that.

Just sayin' that I'm not a super dedicated player and I can still make a decent profit off the system already in place. Not that we don't need some changes, but I don't think they need to be *this* drastic. I'm really keen on the alternate jobs idea and more exalt incentives. I've heard they're going to make some edits to the dominance system, and I wonder if that might help some with the problem too.

Plus I am working on some dragon projects for myself, and for other people looking for specific colors from my pairs. The RNG has not been kind to even my tightest ranged project pairs. If this (or the limited breeding) was implemented, I would cry. A lot.
[quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Possible ways to reduce breeding that have not been mentioned before: make the time on the nest longer--you get the excitement of knowing that your dragons are set up and ready to go, and there [i]will[/i] be eggs, but not yet.[/quote] Neutral on this. I don't really care about the incubation period. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"](Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates. [/quote] These are dragons. Not cats, not horses, not dogs. Not real life. They breed by magic. Ergo, magic could mean they can breed until they die. In FR, dragons do not die. That's not something that the Admins wanted to include, and so it doesn't happen. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)[/quote] Hell to the no, friend. There should not be a scroll that puts things [i]back the way they were,[/i] regarding how breeding works. There should be a scroll to change how things [i]can become[/i], but not to change it and then force everyone who joined the site and spent a year on it to pay to play how they played it in the first place. This quote here doesn't make sense to me, though. "if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year" Please tell me how those two things correlate? No dragon on this site is unexaltable when exchanged to another player. Just because [i]you[/i] have an attachment to the dragons you breed, doesn't mean someone else has to. On a completely different note, [i][b]I[/b][/i] am the only one who breeds my dragons. I don't depend on other's sentimentality to breed or not breed them. I don't see where you drew the connection. "The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)" It doesn't matter if there is no market. I would never have spent real money geneing up my dragons if I knew that they'd become infertile a few months down the road. Some I breed to sell, others I breed because I enjoy seeing the offspring and making stories with them. Not [i]everyone[/i] who spends money on dragons breeds to turn around a profit on them. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Everyone keeps talking about 'incentives to exalting', but nobody is talking much about what those could be. Monetary? I've got a pair of L25 dragons; it takes me less than ten minutes to level exalt fodder up to 7 or 8, which gives me significantly more than AH exalt fodder prices--compared to the hassle of re-listing the same dragon in the AH every single day for a week or three until it sells for a higher price, leveling and exalting already has me coming out ahead. People aren't refusing to exalt because of the money, they're doing it because of emotion.[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=261834&p=mb]Please read this thread. It is well over a year old and has been on the front page many a-time.[/url] [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Let exalted dragons keep their bios. Maybe make them un-editable, but let them have whatever story they have. A lot of my hatchlings that go to be exalted come from dragons I care about, with distinct backstories, and I'd feel a lot better about sending them off to the Windsinger if I got to make that little record of who and how they were first. FR's servers are already storing the images of every exalted dragon in the game; adding a few snippets of text cannot possibly take up that much more room. (If there's that much data overcrowding the servers already, then reducing the number of dragons born [i]is[/i] the only feasible solution.)[/quote] No support. Take [i]out[/i] more data for exalts. I would much rather have that space open for new dragon bios. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Make exaltation reversable, for some kind of enormously, outrageously expensive boon in the gem marketplace. Knowing that I [i]could[/i] potentially bring a dragon back would make me more inclined to exalt even though I probably never would. The dragon doesn't have to keep any of their stats or stones, can come back a total blank slate, just like any new hatchling.[/quote] See above. Reversing exaltation means saving bits that currently aren't saved, which means taking up more server space. No support. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Heck, give us multiple levels of exaltation, right, the dragon that's on a pilgrimage to serve the deity and the dragon that's gone and sworn to eternal service. High-level exaltation has a higher payout, isn't reversible, maybe only gets a very brief statement in their bio, and is great for all the total exalt fodder you just don't care about at all. Low-level exaltation sends away the dragons maybe forever maybe not, can be reversed at a high cost, and can maybe be bumped up to high-level exaltation later but it's more lucrative to do it all at once rather than in stages, or something.[/quote] Interesting idea, but again, exalts already take up more space than they need to. This issue also brings to question of "What if [i][b]I[/b][/i] didn't exalt the dragon? Can I still unexalt it?" My answer would be no. If I exalt a dragon it could be for story purposes. No matter how bad someone wants it, it should stay exalted. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Since the problem systematically, consistently seems to be, too many old adult dragons to make room for new babies, maybe split up the lair into a main lair and a nursery. You can always breed more babies into your nursery, you can list the babies in your nursery on the AH, you can move babies into the main lair whenever you want, but if you don't clear out enough space for your hatchlings by the time they age up, they wander off into the world on their own to seek their fortune. (Again, you've got the emotional/story aspect, and however much you want to get sarcastic about people getting too attached to pixel dragons, we're giving them names and bios and breeding pairs, so yeah, people get attached. Imagining that the babies are wandering the world to go off and have a life even if we never get to see it, vs going up a mountain to swear themselves to a deity and never really have any more of a story, would be attractive to some people.)[/quote] Support for there being a nursery, I'd love a place to toss my EY dragons. I think you should have to buy nursery slots the same as regular lair space. I don't know about how I feel with dragons simply wandering off if you haven't got space. That would take more pondering time than I have here at work. [quote name="Agelaius" date="2014-10-02 12:58:19"]Aside from everything else, the main problem really does boil down to, what is the nature of Flight Rising as a game. It's set up so that if you have a cool dragon, the thing to do with that dragon is breed it. That's the only thing to do. 'Oh, I guess I ought to breed my dragon', great. There's the Coli, but once you hit L25 there's not really anywhere else to go. And there are looooots of people for whom freeform, forum-based RP is kind of confusing and intimidating. So what else could there be for dragons to do? Do we ever have any kind of game-wide events or challenges or whatever? The biggest interaction between players around here seems to be buying and trying to sell dragons. What [i]else[/i] is an option? Aside from the question of the dragon market, the game itself loses appeal and a lot of its longevity if the only thing to do is make more and more dragons.[/quote] Game-wide events/challenges could definitely have Dominance battles under it. Coliseum is a huge part of what dragons do, as you can always level up new teams and figure out new builds. There will be more venues, but those take time. There is a crafting feature and adventure mode being built, but again. Time. Takes it. My biggest interaction with other players is my in-flight forum and FRDiscussion. Not breeding. That's a backburner for me, and I'm sure a chunk of the userbase.
Agelaius wrote on 2014-10-02 12:58:19:
Neutral on this. I don't really care about the incubation period.
(Also: I need to state my absolute support for a limit to the number of times dragons can breed. How do you think people breed dogs or horses or cats in real life? If you set up your perfect pair, you take a couple of their offspring and, eventually, set those offspring up with mates to continue the line. Thereby creating a market for mates.
These are dragons. Not cats, not horses, not dogs. Not real life. They breed by magic. Ergo, magic could mean they can breed until they die. In FR, dragons do not die. That's not something that the Admins wanted to include, and so it doesn't happen.
Sure, sell an 'unlimited matings' scroll in the gem marketplace or something, but if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year. The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)
Hell to the no, friend. There should not be a scroll that puts things back the way they were, regarding how breeding works. There should be a scroll to change how things can become, but not to change it and then force everyone who joined the site and spent a year on it to pay to play how they played it in the first place. This quote here doesn't make sense to me, though. "if my dragon's not too special to exalt, then your dragon's not special enough to need to breed thirty times in a year" Please tell me how those two things correlate? No dragon on this site is unexaltable when exchanged to another player. Just because you have an attachment to the dragons you breed, doesn't mean someone else has to. On a completely different note, I am the only one who breeds my dragons. I don't depend on other's sentimentality to breed or not breed them. I don't see where you drew the connection.

"The argument that people need to be able to continue to breed their high-priced pairings to make money in a hatchery doesn't hold water if there isn't a market for any of those hatchlings in the first place.)"
It doesn't matter if there is no market. I would never have spent real money geneing up my dragons if I knew that they'd become infertile a few months down the road. Some I breed to sell, others I breed because I enjoy seeing the offspring and making stories with them. Not everyone who spends money on dragons breeds to turn around a profit on them.

Please read this thread. It is well over a year old and has been on the front page many a-time.
No support. Take out more data for exalts. I would much rather have that space open for new dragon bios.
See above. Reversing exaltation means saving bits that currently aren't saved, which means taking up more server space. No support.
Interesting idea, but again, exalts already take up more space than they need to. This issue also brings to question of "What if I didn't exalt the dragon? Can I still unexalt it?" My answer would be no. If I exalt a dragon it could be for story purposes. No matter how bad someone wants it, it should stay exalted.

Support for there being a nursery, I'd love a place to toss my EY dragons. I think you should have to buy nursery slots the same as regular lair space. I don't know about how I feel with dragons simply wandering off if you haven't got space. That would take more pondering time than I have here at work.
Game-wide events/challenges could definitely have Dominance battles under it. Coliseum is a huge part of what dragons do, as you can always level up new teams and figure out new builds. There will be more venues, but those take time. There is a crafting feature and adventure mode being built, but again. Time. Takes it. My biggest interaction with other players is my in-flight forum and FRDiscussion. Not breeding. That's a backburner for me, and I'm sure a chunk of the userbase.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@confectionary i have posted in the help forum or bugs forum or wherever it was i waited days for ANYONE to respond before giving up entirely
i was making a point about the lack of things to do other than coli not trying to get help for my current issue and about the effort required to make a sale anymore

"There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt." as dragonsage said here i take this to mean 'those who know how to advertise/are good at retail/sales are able to make a living on selling their dragons' i'm not an entrepreneur, i'm a casual player i don't WANT to put a huge amount of effort into advertising and people. i work in retail i sell things to people all night long...i wanna throw my dragons on my hatchery page ping some people and toss em on AH

so if i don't play the way these people play or have time and effort thrown into dragons i NO LONGER BREED because I CANNOT SELL THEM i deserve to not be able to sell my dragons?

ugh ok i know that sounds like i'm angry i'm not i'm annoyed but i came back to say i read through Fayd's OP and i think those are some excellent ideas if it worked well enough (if any ideas were implemented previously ) i don't know that this idea ever would have occurred i'm actually really hoping to see a temple plan (more excited than for crafting) i went ahead and linked brokenglass to that thread i think she'll like it too
@confectionary i have posted in the help forum or bugs forum or wherever it was i waited days for ANYONE to respond before giving up entirely
i was making a point about the lack of things to do other than coli not trying to get help for my current issue and about the effort required to make a sale anymore

"There are quite a few players who make their living on breeding. They are very particular about their pairs, and they advertise well. They also do not drop prices drastically; if the dragons don't sell they exalt." as dragonsage said here i take this to mean 'those who know how to advertise/are good at retail/sales are able to make a living on selling their dragons' i'm not an entrepreneur, i'm a casual player i don't WANT to put a huge amount of effort into advertising and people. i work in retail i sell things to people all night long...i wanna throw my dragons on my hatchery page ping some people and toss em on AH

so if i don't play the way these people play or have time and effort thrown into dragons i NO LONGER BREED because I CANNOT SELL THEM i deserve to not be able to sell my dragons?

ugh ok i know that sounds like i'm angry i'm not i'm annoyed but i came back to say i read through Fayd's OP and i think those are some excellent ideas if it worked well enough (if any ideas were implemented previously ) i don't know that this idea ever would have occurred i'm actually really hoping to see a temple plan (more excited than for crafting) i went ahead and linked brokenglass to that thread i think she'll like it too
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
No support.

This is a breeding game, so numbers are going to be high.
Like others said before, if we help make Exalting seem better, then more people will exalt. Perhaps raise exalt pay out so it isn't a waste of time.

I still buy dragons for 200-700kt or more. So I know everyone can sell expensive dragons too.

And if you want to breed them, then breed them. No one buys them, exalt them. If you don't want to do that, then start a hatchery so people can see your pairs and you might have good sellers. No one can control the market, and I refuse to let a breeding game restrict how much I can breed my dragons, or how many dragons there are.
No support.

This is a breeding game, so numbers are going to be high.
Like others said before, if we help make Exalting seem better, then more people will exalt. Perhaps raise exalt pay out so it isn't a waste of time.

I still buy dragons for 200-700kt or more. So I know everyone can sell expensive dragons too.

And if you want to breed them, then breed them. No one buys them, exalt them. If you don't want to do that, then start a hatchery so people can see your pairs and you might have good sellers. No one can control the market, and I refuse to let a breeding game restrict how much I can breed my dragons, or how many dragons there are.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22