Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@khayotic yes someone mentioned elders
the limiting of breeding is another way to do that, it would increase the value of the dragons hen people look at them rather than just mass breeding because i can
@khayotic yes someone mentioned elders
the limiting of breeding is another way to do that, it would increase the value of the dragons hen people look at them rather than just mass breeding because i can
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
[quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 11:32:41"]@confectionary i appreciate the the clarification, but clearly mass exalting in addition to the everyday normal exalting and thee exalting because of no space is STILL not helping [/quote] Mass exaltation does not need to be a thing if more people exalt on a regular basis. It's people who breed dragons but refuse to exalt them, or put clauses on their sales saying 'DO NOT EXALT MY SUPER SPESHUL DRAGON,' that are full up on space. Obviously not everyone has the same playstyle, but you can't hoard every dragon you breed and expect not to fill up on lair space. It's just not feasible. Limiting how many eggs User A can produce because user B finds 5 egg nests too much is not fair to User A. Maybe User A breeds specifically to exalt, and those 5 egg nests are mini goldmines to them. Having the site mass-exalt dragons will result in the outcry of many people who view Exalting in a negative manner. Especially if it is via 'all dragons listed on the AH.' [i]Players[/i] can and should choose whether or not to exalt dragons that they own, whether bought or bred by themselves. The site should not do it because other users can't sell their dragons.
NatsuTaka wrote on 2014-10-02 11:32:41:
@confectionary i appreciate the the clarification, but clearly mass exalting in addition to the everyday normal exalting and thee exalting because of no space is STILL not helping

Mass exaltation does not need to be a thing if more people exalt on a regular basis. It's people who breed dragons but refuse to exalt them, or put clauses on their sales saying 'DO NOT EXALT MY SUPER SPESHUL DRAGON,' that are full up on space. Obviously not everyone has the same playstyle, but you can't hoard every dragon you breed and expect not to fill up on lair space. It's just not feasible. Limiting how many eggs User A can produce because user B finds 5 egg nests too much is not fair to User A. Maybe User A breeds specifically to exalt, and those 5 egg nests are mini goldmines to them.

Having the site mass-exalt dragons will result in the outcry of many people who view Exalting in a negative manner. Especially if it is via 'all dragons listed on the AH.' Players can and should choose whether or not to exalt dragons that they own, whether bought or bred by themselves. The site should not do it because other users can't sell their dragons.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Khayotic No support for limited breeding times. Ever. No way I would have ever spent real money on pairs if I knew they would have to stop breeding eventually. There would be no point. Instead, I EY my retired pairs (see Buttered and Popcorn). This ensures that I can keep them, and removed the temptation to breed them. I have the means to buy EY scrolls because I both exalt for profit and occasionally buy gems. I would love for a retired feature to come up, but no forced stop to breeding dragons.
@Khayotic No support for limited breeding times. Ever. No way I would have ever spent real money on pairs if I knew they would have to stop breeding eventually. There would be no point. Instead, I EY my retired pairs (see Buttered and Popcorn). This ensures that I can keep them, and removed the temptation to breed them. I have the means to buy EY scrolls because I both exalt for profit and occasionally buy gems. I would love for a retired feature to come up, but no forced stop to breeding dragons.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
We need more people and more space in our lairs not a clearing of the AH one time and lower egg numbers. We also need people to realize exalting isn't a bad thing.

@CitrusHeart

The admins have stressed that breeding was never meant to be profitable it is the way they want it to be where people can buy genes or buy dragons to breed for their dream dragon. They want it to be a buyers market. This isn't about them not reading the suggestions this about their idea of dragon economy being different from some people on the site's. Do I get to profit from my hatchlings often? No, but I make most of my treasure in the coli farming or exalt training so I've learned to deal with it.

@Khayotic

No. I don't want to have to replace my pairs and I don't want to see people who spend really money on breed changes or genes have that purchase placed on a timer for how many times they get to now breed what they paid for.
We need more people and more space in our lairs not a clearing of the AH one time and lower egg numbers. We also need people to realize exalting isn't a bad thing.

@CitrusHeart

The admins have stressed that breeding was never meant to be profitable it is the way they want it to be where people can buy genes or buy dragons to breed for their dream dragon. They want it to be a buyers market. This isn't about them not reading the suggestions this about their idea of dragon economy being different from some people on the site's. Do I get to profit from my hatchlings often? No, but I make most of my treasure in the coli farming or exalt training so I've learned to deal with it.

@Khayotic

No. I don't want to have to replace my pairs and I don't want to see people who spend really money on breed changes or genes have that purchase placed on a timer for how many times they get to now breed what they paid for.
No support on forcing dragons to get too old to breed. If people want to opt-in, fine. But I have two very specific dragon I'm trying to breed for. One pair hasn't hit their target offspring and I've been at it for months. If they had to retire before I got my target dragon...

Or take my progen. I just got her Bar. If she had been forced to retire, she'd never be able to pass that on to any offspring. And even if I could find a similar dragon--she's still my progen.

And that doesn't even get into the arguments of people who spend real money to gene their dragons. Or people who run hatcheries to make a profit.
No support on forcing dragons to get too old to breed. If people want to opt-in, fine. But I have two very specific dragon I'm trying to breed for. One pair hasn't hit their target offspring and I've been at it for months. If they had to retire before I got my target dragon...

Or take my progen. I just got her Bar. If she had been forced to retire, she'd never be able to pass that on to any offspring. And even if I could find a similar dragon--she's still my progen.

And that doesn't even get into the arguments of people who spend real money to gene their dragons. Or people who run hatcheries to make a profit.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@wittykitsune The issue isn't that breeding isn't profitable enough, near everyone is fully aware of that, the issue is that there's some good ideas to be implemented that have nothing to breeding so instead it's a skill alternative but we get no feed back from the staff.
So far dragons can do 2 things, Breed and Battle.
With an imperial clearly looking into a divining mirror in the scrying workshop, Baldwin with his mixing culdron, Tomo with her quiz and Swipp making items from what you give him (or trade), it's evident dragons can do more than Breed and Battle

I understand it'll take time to implement a proper job system to this game and that is this essentially a "Breed your dream dragon and collect all the pretty dragons" game, i'm just saying we can do more, and some feed back from the staff on the actual thread with something like "this sounds good/not so good/we'll see what we can do and follow up in a news letter"

Maybe i'm asking too much. I don't know
@wittykitsune The issue isn't that breeding isn't profitable enough, near everyone is fully aware of that, the issue is that there's some good ideas to be implemented that have nothing to breeding so instead it's a skill alternative but we get no feed back from the staff.
So far dragons can do 2 things, Breed and Battle.
With an imperial clearly looking into a divining mirror in the scrying workshop, Baldwin with his mixing culdron, Tomo with her quiz and Swipp making items from what you give him (or trade), it's evident dragons can do more than Breed and Battle

I understand it'll take time to implement a proper job system to this game and that is this essentially a "Breed your dream dragon and collect all the pretty dragons" game, i'm just saying we can do more, and some feed back from the staff on the actual thread with something like "this sounds good/not so good/we'll see what we can do and follow up in a news letter"

Maybe i'm asking too much. I don't know
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-10-02 10:44:22"][quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-02 09:57:55"][quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-02 09:55:20"]No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.[/quote] [b][u]This.[/u][/b][/quote][/quote]
gemajgall wrote on 2014-10-02 10:44:22:
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-02 09:57:55:
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-02 09:55:20:
No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.

This.
@CitrusHeart

I've never played a game or been on a site with a suggestion forum where admins replied to every suggestion or for that matter any suggestions. I'd love to know what game sites or other sites you've had that experience for that matter everyone else asking for this. Only thing I don't like is the lack of rules about repeat suggestions and joke suggestions, and lax moderation at times.

Adventure and Baldwin's brew are future things that will give us more to do. There's also maybe the Dragonmeet but I'm not sure that one's coming or not haven't heard much about it personally.

They got put off because of Akiri's accident and optimizations to make the site run better often take precedence but they aren't abandoned coming features. I understand you want more to do, I do too, but it takes a while for features like those to happen because they don't want to break the site when they add them.
@CitrusHeart

I've never played a game or been on a site with a suggestion forum where admins replied to every suggestion or for that matter any suggestions. I'd love to know what game sites or other sites you've had that experience for that matter everyone else asking for this. Only thing I don't like is the lack of rules about repeat suggestions and joke suggestions, and lax moderation at times.

Adventure and Baldwin's brew are future things that will give us more to do. There's also maybe the Dragonmeet but I'm not sure that one's coming or not haven't heard much about it personally.

They got put off because of Akiri's accident and optimizations to make the site run better often take precedence but they aren't abandoned coming features. I understand you want more to do, I do too, but it takes a while for features like those to happen because they don't want to break the site when they add them.
@wittykitsune From what i've gathered because i've met some players that say they have been on other pets sites where one or two of the admins would take some time to address especially heated forums. at the very least those. Granted those could be smaller sites.

I know about Akiri's accident though i find it a bit odd for the team to only have one guy that could actually do the more complicated part of the coding. Maybe they never expected the site to get as big as it has. There's a lot of personal stuff going on their side but a little communication does help put people at ease.
Especially while it's still in the development stages and so many things are still buggy and it's being optimized.
@wittykitsune From what i've gathered because i've met some players that say they have been on other pets sites where one or two of the admins would take some time to address especially heated forums. at the very least those. Granted those could be smaller sites.

I know about Akiri's accident though i find it a bit odd for the team to only have one guy that could actually do the more complicated part of the coding. Maybe they never expected the site to get as big as it has. There's a lot of personal stuff going on their side but a little communication does help put people at ease.
Especially while it's still in the development stages and so many things are still buggy and it's being optimized.
[quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-02 11:05:02"][quote name="BrokenGlass" date="2014-10-02 10:47:01"]And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.[/quote] I dunno, it's helped me to an Ancient Lair, enough food to feed my dragons and enough to sell for piles of gems and still chuck stacks at people whose dragons are starving. As DragonSage said, we've hit saturation. All the players that came in on the last window have full lairs. Probably 19 out of every 20 dragons purchased are bought with intent to exalt. I buy hundreds of dragons and exalt them for profit, and I'm more than willing to give coli tips to people who feel reliant on 5k from the AH for their income. [quote name="BrokenGlass" date="2014-10-02 10:47:01"] My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.[/quote] ...and it would take maybe a month for things to go[b] right back the way they were[/b] because no one has room to just buy pretty dragons anymore.[/quote] [quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-02 11:14:59"][quote name="NatsuTaka" date="2014-10-02 11:04:16"]i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work [/quote] Just wanted to point out that you seem to have misunderstood the point being made. Mass exalting [B][I][U]ONCE[/U][/I][/B] would not work. By giving more incentive to exalt, you are getting more dragons out of the site [i]permanently[/i], not just one sweep*. Like sweeping your house every day instead of doing a deep clean every few months. One keeps the house clean constantly, though not [i]devoid[/i] of mess, the other gets things clean for a day or two then mess begins to clutter. *Edited to fix typo[/quote] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-10-02 12:00:34"]No support on forcing dragons to get too old to breed. If people want to opt-in, fine. But I have two very specific dragon I'm trying to breed for. One pair hasn't hit their target offspring and I've been at it for months. If they had to retire before I got my target dragon... Or take my progen. I just got her Bar. If she had been forced to retire, she'd never be able to pass that on to any offspring. And even if I could find a similar dragon--she's still my progen. And that doesn't even get into the arguments of people who spend real money to gene their dragons. Or people who run hatcheries to make a profit.[/quote] These quotes sum up my feelings quite well
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-02 11:05:02:
BrokenGlass wrote on 2014-10-02 10:47:01:
And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.

I dunno, it's helped me to an Ancient Lair, enough food to feed my dragons and enough to sell for piles of gems and still chuck stacks at people whose dragons are starving. As DragonSage said, we've hit saturation. All the players that came in on the last window have full lairs. Probably 19 out of every 20 dragons purchased are bought with intent to exalt. I buy hundreds of dragons and exalt them for profit, and I'm more than willing to give coli tips to people who feel reliant on 5k from the AH for their income.

BrokenGlass wrote on 2014-10-02 10:47:01:
My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.

...and it would take maybe a month for things to go right back the way they were because no one has room to just buy pretty dragons anymore.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-02 11:14:59:
NatsuTaka wrote on 2014-10-02 11:04:16:
i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work

Just wanted to point out that you seem to have misunderstood the point being made. Mass exalting ONCE would not work. By giving more incentive to exalt, you are getting more dragons out of the site permanently, not just one sweep*. Like sweeping your house every day instead of doing a deep clean every few months. One keeps the house clean constantly, though not devoid of mess, the other gets things clean for a day or two then mess begins to clutter.

*Edited to fix typo
gemajgall wrote on 2014-10-02 12:00:34:

These quotes sum up my feelings quite well
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22