Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Population Control
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
If there is one single issue that really needs to be taken care of it's the sheer amount of dragons on the site. I know people are trying but fact is that it's next to impossible the way things stand.

There are a few ways I myself can think of to help.

Is there a way to cut the egg laying down? Maybe cut the amount of each tier of rarity is able to lay? The Common Breeds at max being able to lay 3 eggs and the super Rare breeds popping out at most 2 with most nests only having 1? This would help very much in the way of future issues of this type and allow us some time to fix the problem now.

A Quick way to end the issue right now is to have all current Auction house Dragons...go away. Get everyone to name their dragons and put only the exalt bait in the AH and then make all those Dragons just Go to the Gods. The end. No fuss. This along with the Cut in egg laying will very quickly stabilize the whole site.

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not. But frankly there are just too many dragons right now. I haven't bred my dragons in months and that is the only reason I'm on this site. To Breed pretty Dragons and sell them to people so they can have pretty dragons too. And I Can't do that, either no one buys them or they go right to the gods. So whats the point?

If anyone has any thoughts or a better idea I'd like to hear it and maybe we can all figure something out that is possible and doable. Because something HAS to happen.
If there is one single issue that really needs to be taken care of it's the sheer amount of dragons on the site. I know people are trying but fact is that it's next to impossible the way things stand.

There are a few ways I myself can think of to help.

Is there a way to cut the egg laying down? Maybe cut the amount of each tier of rarity is able to lay? The Common Breeds at max being able to lay 3 eggs and the super Rare breeds popping out at most 2 with most nests only having 1? This would help very much in the way of future issues of this type and allow us some time to fix the problem now.

A Quick way to end the issue right now is to have all current Auction house Dragons...go away. Get everyone to name their dragons and put only the exalt bait in the AH and then make all those Dragons just Go to the Gods. The end. No fuss. This along with the Cut in egg laying will very quickly stabilize the whole site.

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not. But frankly there are just too many dragons right now. I haven't bred my dragons in months and that is the only reason I'm on this site. To Breed pretty Dragons and sell them to people so they can have pretty dragons too. And I Can't do that, either no one buys them or they go right to the gods. So whats the point?

If anyone has any thoughts or a better idea I'd like to hear it and maybe we can all figure something out that is possible and doable. Because something HAS to happen.
*supports*
*supports*
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.

Edit for clarification: A one-time removal of a large number of dragons has historically done NOTHING for prices. There was a user who once dropped something like 5 million treasure exalting at a loss, clearing out 200+ pages of cheap babies. A week later, it was like nothing ever happened. Heated dom fights can clear out anything up to and including dragons priced at 12k, and a week later it's like nothing ever happened. The problem with the economy is that there's a finite number of lair spaces and a potentially infinite number of dragons, and no attempt at limiting dragons coming in is going to do a thing for the state of the market if there's nowhere for those dragons to go.
No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.

Edit for clarification: A one-time removal of a large number of dragons has historically done NOTHING for prices. There was a user who once dropped something like 5 million treasure exalting at a loss, clearing out 200+ pages of cheap babies. A week later, it was like nothing ever happened. Heated dom fights can clear out anything up to and including dragons priced at 12k, and a week later it's like nothing ever happened. The problem with the economy is that there's a finite number of lair spaces and a potentially infinite number of dragons, and no attempt at limiting dragons coming in is going to do a thing for the state of the market if there's nowhere for those dragons to go.
[quote name="Nenya" date="2014-10-02 09:55:20"]No. What we need is encouragement to exalt, to take dragons OUT of the pool rather than trying to restrict how many dragons go IN.[/quote] [b][u]This.[/u][/b]
Nenya wrote on 2014-10-02 09:55:20:

This.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Yeah, wouldn't change a thing... all the breeding pairs that bred those hatchlings would still exist. A month later, you wouldn't even have put a dent in the dragon prices...
Yeah, wouldn't change a thing... all the breeding pairs that bred those hatchlings would still exist. A month later, you wouldn't even have put a dent in the dragon prices...
No support for reducing nest size the weighted clutch average is 2.7 eggs (mixed breed) or 2.54 eggs (same breed), which is quite reasonable. Reducing clutch sizes impact would be minimal however it would make breeding projects extremely frustrating. For players breeding a relatively narrow range for a project dragon, it can currently take several breedings to reach the goal and reducing the nest size would it even more difficult for players. I say the reason why it wouldn't have much of an effect is because the dragon population has already passed its saturation point.

Making all the current dragons in the AH go away will upset a lot of players, and if they pay exalt payouts, it would result in a huge influx of treasure which would cause economic troubles.

Even combining exalting of dragons for sale with cutting nest size would only have a temporary effect because most players have reached the saturation point in their lairs. They aren't buying enough dragons to compensate the numbers coming in. As such prices will drop quite quickly to current levels because the supply will still outstrip demand.

Prices are set by supply and demand. The reason why dragon prices are so slow is because the supply far outstrips the demand. Dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely; thus by their inherent design they aren't worth much. They were never intended to be a major source of profit. It is quite possible to make a living breeding dragons, although this generally involves finding a niche and being good at marketing.

One of the best ways to 'fix the tanking dragon prices' is to encourage exalting (without increasing treasure payouts) as it removes excess dragons from the game. Its already been shown that doing so improves prices as is evident by how prices rise during a dominance battle. Ways to do this include Fayd's Overhaul or an exalt shop.

It's also possible to reduce the supply by voluntarily having players take dragons out of the breeding population by encouraging eternal youth dragons or adding a new life stage like 'elder' where breeding is disabled (or only possible via an item) but give a benefits such as increased stats or benefits in upcoming features for having a player choose to have a dragon become an elder. Another way to reduce the supply is by having new features that reset the cooldown so that there are options beyond breeding. (Yes you can coli and breed at the same time, but adding new things that requrie a cooldown means players will choose between breeding that dragon this time or using it in the new feature)

Generally its best to use positive encouragement to have an effect rather than have negatives such as fees or taking things away and changing them to that they are less likely which feel like punishment for playing the game.
No support for reducing nest size the weighted clutch average is 2.7 eggs (mixed breed) or 2.54 eggs (same breed), which is quite reasonable. Reducing clutch sizes impact would be minimal however it would make breeding projects extremely frustrating. For players breeding a relatively narrow range for a project dragon, it can currently take several breedings to reach the goal and reducing the nest size would it even more difficult for players. I say the reason why it wouldn't have much of an effect is because the dragon population has already passed its saturation point.

Making all the current dragons in the AH go away will upset a lot of players, and if they pay exalt payouts, it would result in a huge influx of treasure which would cause economic troubles.

Even combining exalting of dragons for sale with cutting nest size would only have a temporary effect because most players have reached the saturation point in their lairs. They aren't buying enough dragons to compensate the numbers coming in. As such prices will drop quite quickly to current levels because the supply will still outstrip demand.

Prices are set by supply and demand. The reason why dragon prices are so slow is because the supply far outstrips the demand. Dragons do not die and do not have to be replaced, they also can produce other dragons indefinitely; thus by their inherent design they aren't worth much. They were never intended to be a major source of profit. It is quite possible to make a living breeding dragons, although this generally involves finding a niche and being good at marketing.

One of the best ways to 'fix the tanking dragon prices' is to encourage exalting (without increasing treasure payouts) as it removes excess dragons from the game. Its already been shown that doing so improves prices as is evident by how prices rise during a dominance battle. Ways to do this include Fayd's Overhaul or an exalt shop.

It's also possible to reduce the supply by voluntarily having players take dragons out of the breeding population by encouraging eternal youth dragons or adding a new life stage like 'elder' where breeding is disabled (or only possible via an item) but give a benefits such as increased stats or benefits in upcoming features for having a player choose to have a dragon become an elder. Another way to reduce the supply is by having new features that reset the cooldown so that there are options beyond breeding. (Yes you can coli and breed at the same time, but adding new things that requrie a cooldown means players will choose between breeding that dragon this time or using it in the new feature)

Generally its best to use positive encouragement to have an effect rather than have negatives such as fees or taking things away and changing them to that they are less likely which feel like punishment for playing the game.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
The thing is.... Almost every single nest I've ever had on this site is 3-4 eggs. Every time.

And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.

I love the idea of Elders though. That's very much a good way to help.

My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.
The thing is.... Almost every single nest I've ever had on this site is 3-4 eggs. Every time.

And Exalting clearly Does NOT help. That's what we've all been doing and It's gotten Worse not better.

I love the idea of Elders though. That's very much a good way to help.

My idea is mix the in mass exalt and dropping nest size at the same time. Still have pretty dragons in a timely manner but less of them at one time. Basically Daming up the water and then letting out in a trickle instead of a gush.
No support, along with @DragonSage said another way to help encourage exalting would be non-transferrable dominance boosts.

Another idea could be a small bonus for dragons that are off their cooldown. Nothing game changing just a little something for having dragons that are ready to breed but are not being bred.
No support, along with @DragonSage said another way to help encourage exalting would be non-transferrable dominance boosts.

Another idea could be a small bonus for dragons that are off their cooldown. Nothing game changing just a little something for having dragons that are ready to breed but are not being bred.
But I want to Breed my Dragons. That's my whole point. I want to breed pretty dragons and have someone anyone enjoy said dragons. Not for them to be instantly exalted or you know NOT Breed them. I haven't been breeding them for months now and it just makes me sad. I just don't understand why not have less at once? For real, why would it be a bad thing?
But I want to Breed my Dragons. That's my whole point. I want to breed pretty dragons and have someone anyone enjoy said dragons. Not for them to be instantly exalted or you know NOT Breed them. I haven't been breeding them for months now and it just makes me sad. I just don't understand why not have less at once? For real, why would it be a bad thing?
ORRRR rather than just tossing people a carrot you can use the stick AND the carrot drop the max amount of eggs increase exalting maybe also add in elders

instead of just being negative about the idea presented perhaps give critical advice and present your thoughts on how it can be improved
i think dropping how many eggs are in a nest would be a good thing. most of the time having a 5 egg nest WASN'T a good thing for me when i was still breeding i never had enough room and i was participating in the mass exalting of dom pushes

i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work lowering how MANY dragons needed to be exalted would assist in the removal of more dragons rather than leaving the eggs at the same and expecting people to play the way you want them to by exalting MORE the suggestion of lowering how many dragons come into the site AT A TIME would assist in exalting dragons would be valued more if you had to work a little at getting hat you wanted and didn't just have massive amount of dragons handed to you for extremely little actual effort that's why prices are so little now people care more about that space than the dragons if that's not seen as an issue then what is?
ORRRR rather than just tossing people a carrot you can use the stick AND the carrot drop the max amount of eggs increase exalting maybe also add in elders

instead of just being negative about the idea presented perhaps give critical advice and present your thoughts on how it can be improved
i think dropping how many eggs are in a nest would be a good thing. most of the time having a 5 egg nest WASN'T a good thing for me when i was still breeding i never had enough room and i was participating in the mass exalting of dom pushes

i think it's very strange how the same people stressing exalting JUST stated that mass exalting doesn't work lowering how MANY dragons needed to be exalted would assist in the removal of more dragons rather than leaving the eggs at the same and expecting people to play the way you want them to by exalting MORE the suggestion of lowering how many dragons come into the site AT A TIME would assist in exalting dragons would be valued more if you had to work a little at getting hat you wanted and didn't just have massive amount of dragons handed to you for extremely little actual effort that's why prices are so little now people care more about that space than the dragons if that's not seen as an issue then what is?
Always buying MC currency echo me on MC as natsutaka to sell

[img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/c716dd18c34f61b7e531700fd[/img]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22