Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More Elemental Enemies During Festivals?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-11-22 17:56:19"]I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests[/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2014-11-22 17:56:19:
I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-11-22 17:56:19"]I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests[/quote] ^This^
DragonSage wrote on 2014-11-22 17:56:19:
I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests

^This^
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
All the support
All the support
I would prefer if they just increased the festival currency drop rate. Same result, less error-prone fiddling with percentages. And making the enemy chances different between festival and non-festival times would make it harder for the people working out what the actual percentages are.
I would prefer if they just increased the festival currency drop rate. Same result, less error-prone fiddling with percentages. And making the enemy chances different between festival and non-festival times would make it harder for the people working out what the actual percentages are.
Support! :D Especially for the idea of Festival familiars appearing and having the chance to drop Festival Currency and Chests (maybe a slightly higher chance than that of 'normal' Coli enemies?) but not the familiars version of themselves.
Support! :D Especially for the idea of Festival familiars appearing and having the chance to drop Festival Currency and Chests (maybe a slightly higher chance than that of 'normal' Coli enemies?) but not the familiars version of themselves.
kbqBOtG.png
@nika

Not a bad suggestion, but simply increasing the currency drop rate wouldn't solve the venue/element balance problem. It's super boring to have to grind the Arena over and over and over every festival. With a higher drop rate, you'll only be glued to that one venue even more.

Hmm, I don't believe it would be too difficult to figure out new Coli percentages.
Since they cycle in and out with their Holiday, two sets of charts for enemy chances would probably need to be made.
"Normal" and "Festival".
The "Festival" chart would be the same as the base normal one, but with the extra "festival mob" chances added.

The simplest way to implement this suggestion would probably be to add a group of new enemies (such as the previously suggested holiday Familiars) that show up during the Holiday... instead of just making all of the "X element" enemies have a higher encounter rate.
@nika

Not a bad suggestion, but simply increasing the currency drop rate wouldn't solve the venue/element balance problem. It's super boring to have to grind the Arena over and over and over every festival. With a higher drop rate, you'll only be glued to that one venue even more.

Hmm, I don't believe it would be too difficult to figure out new Coli percentages.
Since they cycle in and out with their Holiday, two sets of charts for enemy chances would probably need to be made.
"Normal" and "Festival".
The "Festival" chart would be the same as the base normal one, but with the extra "festival mob" chances added.

The simplest way to implement this suggestion would probably be to add a group of new enemies (such as the previously suggested holiday Familiars) that show up during the Holiday... instead of just making all of the "X element" enemies have a higher encounter rate.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
@Zenzic Maybe I don't understand the first post, but how does your suggestion make people less glued to the Arena? If you increased the chance of elemental enemies everywhere, the Arena would still be the best place to grind. Unless you're suggesting increasing it only in the places that currently aren't good to grind in, to even things out?

About the Coli percentage difficulty: the difficulty comes from the fact that the different enemy groups actually show up at different frequencies, and to get good data on those frequencies you need to do a lot of battles. And now you'd only be able to use the data from that particular festival. But it could be done in a way that would minimize the problem, such as having one extra set of new enemies showing up together rather than mixed with the old ones, maybe.
@Zenzic Maybe I don't understand the first post, but how does your suggestion make people less glued to the Arena? If you increased the chance of elemental enemies everywhere, the Arena would still be the best place to grind. Unless you're suggesting increasing it only in the places that currently aren't good to grind in, to even things out?

About the Coli percentage difficulty: the difficulty comes from the fact that the different enemy groups actually show up at different frequencies, and to get good data on those frequencies you need to do a lot of battles. And now you'd only be able to use the data from that particular festival. But it could be done in a way that would minimize the problem, such as having one extra set of new enemies showing up together rather than mixed with the old ones, maybe.
@nika

Yeah, balancing it out is the idea.

Indeed. Regular enemies need not be mixed in with proposed festival ones, it'd probably be much simpler to have the festival enemies appear in their own unique groups.

My original suggestion was along the lines of "make it easier to encounter existing elemental enemies" but I like the suggestion of adding unique enemies much better, it seems like it would be easier to balance out the venues that way.

Whatever works best, I say.
@nika

Yeah, balancing it out is the idea.

Indeed. Regular enemies need not be mixed in with proposed festival ones, it'd probably be much simpler to have the festival enemies appear in their own unique groups.

My original suggestion was along the lines of "make it easier to encounter existing elemental enemies" but I like the suggestion of adding unique enemies much better, it seems like it would be easier to balance out the venues that way.

Whatever works best, I say.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
All my support on both discussed ideas. c: The latter one would make the dull grinding more interesting, to say the very least.
All my support on both discussed ideas. c: The latter one would make the dull grinding more interesting, to say the very least.
9cjDdGL.png
I'm Australian so I'm 15 hours ahead of the FR clock. I apologise if I am asleep when you reply :c
Support because some elements are a lot more prominent then others (Yesterday I got a lot of Nature, Light and plague rather then non-elemental and Earth).
Support because some elements are a lot more prominent then others (Yesterday I got a lot of Nature, Light and plague rather then non-elemental and Earth).
Yt4sddf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8