Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More Elemental Enemies During Festivals?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name=Update2]So, with the recent WotW, we know that the FR team is working on rebalancing the elemental distribution and making the Coli a better place for Festivals! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729 [/quote] [quote name=Update] Well, we've gotten the Turkeys and now the Mimics. Event enemies for the Coliseum are definitely something that can be implemented! I'd love to see some added for each Flight holiday! [/quote] In the Coliseum, the ratio and distribution of elemental enemies in each venue is rather unbalanced between the elements. So when it comes to the Festivals, we're left with very few venue choices, or poor choices overall depending on the Element/Holiday. Sure, the Arena is fun to grind in for a while, but it is extremely boring to have to stay in one venue for the entire Holiday just so you have a decent chance at getting currency or a chest. Ever find yourself saying: [i]"Oh boy, the ____ Festival is here, time to grind the Arena for five days."[/i] :P? (If not the Arena, it'll be another single location, such as the Waterway during the Starfall Celebration, or the Kelp Beds during Wavecrest Saturnalia. Good luck with that one, newbies!) [s]I'm proposing that during a Holiday, groups of enemies containing that Holiday's element type could have a [i]slightly[/i] increased chance of appearing.[/s] The reworded and updated proposal is: [b]"Addition of new enemy groups containing a Holiday's element"[/b] The new enemies need not be entirely new art; even simple recolours of existing enemies will do. Placing new enemy groups strategically in every venue opens up the opportunity to [b]rebalance[/b] the elemental distribution, and make more venues viable to grind in during festivals! I understand that the groups containing other elements and neutrals are all part of the "buffer" between currency gathering, otherwise it would be too easy to gather and be worth nothing. So I'm not suggesting there be a big enough increase that you'll encounter them all of the time, but enough that RNG is less frustrating, and some other venues would be more viable to gather currency in, maybe? RNG is totally annoying during Holidays, either way. There's nothing quite like having limited free time to spend at FR during the Starfall Celebration, and then continuously encountering nothing but Threshers and Seals, despite the decent amount of Arcane groups in that venue. XP Thoughts? Opinions? Comments, such as [i]"This is a horrible idea"[/i]?
Update2 wrote:
So, with the recent WotW, we know that the FR team is working on rebalancing the elemental distribution and making the Coli a better place for Festivals!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1482729
Update wrote:
Well, we've gotten the Turkeys and now the Mimics. Event enemies for the Coliseum are definitely something that can be implemented!

I'd love to see some added for each Flight holiday!

In the Coliseum, the ratio and distribution of elemental enemies in each venue is rather unbalanced between the elements. So when it comes to the Festivals, we're left with very few venue choices, or poor choices overall depending on the Element/Holiday.

Sure, the Arena is fun to grind in for a while, but it is extremely boring to have to stay in one venue for the entire Holiday just so you have a decent chance at getting currency or a chest.

Ever find yourself saying: "Oh boy, the ____ Festival is here, time to grind the Arena for five days." :P?

(If not the Arena, it'll be another single location, such as the Waterway during the Starfall Celebration, or the Kelp Beds during Wavecrest Saturnalia. Good luck with that one, newbies!)

I'm proposing that during a Holiday, groups of enemies containing that Holiday's element type could have a slightly increased chance of appearing.

The reworded and updated proposal is:
"Addition of new enemy groups containing a Holiday's element"
The new enemies need not be entirely new art; even simple recolours of existing enemies will do.

Placing new enemy groups strategically in every venue opens up the opportunity to rebalance the elemental distribution, and make more venues viable to grind in during festivals!

I understand that the groups containing other elements and neutrals are all part of the "buffer" between currency gathering, otherwise it would be too easy to gather and be worth nothing. So I'm not suggesting there be a big enough increase that you'll encounter them all of the time, but enough that RNG is less frustrating, and some other venues would be more viable to gather currency in, maybe?

RNG is totally annoying during Holidays, either way. There's nothing quite like having limited free time to spend at FR during the Starfall Celebration, and then continuously encountering nothing but Threshers and Seals, despite the decent amount of Arcane groups in that venue. XP

Thoughts? Opinions?
Comments, such as "This is a horrible idea"?
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Endless Support. But be ready for the rest of the userbase to take to this suggestion like a house on fire.
Endless Support. But be ready for the rest of the userbase to take to this suggestion like a house on fire.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I support this as well. I thought the Thundercrack Carnival was hard to work in, but for this festival, I'm getting near Nada on the shards. Plus, it can help those who don't even coli grind much to have a better chance with the festival (and for newbies as well when ever there is another Open Registration window.)
I support this as well. I thought the Thundercrack Carnival was hard to work in, but for this festival, I'm getting near Nada on the shards. Plus, it can help those who don't even coli grind much to have a better chance with the festival (and for newbies as well when ever there is another Open Registration window.)
I want to now own dragon ID 7291989!
I think it would be nice if there was a temporary enemy who appeared in Venue X during the holiday (maybe that holiday's familiar?) to increase chances of that elemental enemy appearing thus more chances to earn currency.

And I've had good luck farming the Bamboo Falls this holiday. So maybe if the Arena or Waterways is burning you guys out, you could try there?
I think it would be nice if there was a temporary enemy who appeared in Venue X during the holiday (maybe that holiday's familiar?) to increase chances of that elemental enemy appearing thus more chances to earn currency.

And I've had good luck farming the Bamboo Falls this holiday. So maybe if the Arena or Waterways is burning you guys out, you could try there?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! This is a great idea
Support! This is a great idea
slytherin_pride_banner_by_ayume_matsumoto-d4zlw4l_zpshtfhokj2.gif
Support!
Support!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Support! As a person that doesn't grind the Coli much, this would be helpful during the festivals.
Support! As a person that doesn't grind the Coli much, this would be helpful during the festivals.
Support. I hate having to push through semi-high level venues to get what I need.
Support. I hate having to push through semi-high level venues to get what I need.
they/them or he/him please. I'm in FR time.
Bumper Cars for Upcoming Earth festival.
Bumper Cars for Upcoming Earth festival.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests
I've always thought it would be nice to have the holiday familiars past and present appear as enemies in all stages of the coliseum during the festival week. They would NOT drop a familiar version of themselves, their only possible drops would be holiday festival currency and chests
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8