Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150
I'm not sure about account-locking dragons, but barring them from the AH where they can be mistaken for the opposite sex would be reasonable. Generally CR exchanges involve a more thorough look at the dragon than a user puts into casual AH browsing.

There's also no real reason to stop a user from exalting a dragon with their image changed, jut like there's no reason to prevent permababies from being exalted. I still don't know why the staff thought that was a good idea. Who wants to pay actual money for a dragon they can't get rid of if they change their mind.

A removal scroll would be good but besides keeping them out of the AH, appearance-changed dragons don't need any restrictions, and I think the restrictions on permababies should be removed too. They only inhibit gameplay.
I'm not sure about account-locking dragons, but barring them from the AH where they can be mistaken for the opposite sex would be reasonable. Generally CR exchanges involve a more thorough look at the dragon than a user puts into casual AH browsing.

There's also no real reason to stop a user from exalting a dragon with their image changed, jut like there's no reason to prevent permababies from being exalted. I still don't know why the staff thought that was a good idea. Who wants to pay actual money for a dragon they can't get rid of if they change their mind.

A removal scroll would be good but besides keeping them out of the AH, appearance-changed dragons don't need any restrictions, and I think the restrictions on permababies should be removed too. They only inhibit gameplay.
sBdLZtA.png
First "sex change scroll" I've seen that I'm actually in support of even though I dunno if I'd actually use it. Having it just be appearance-based like the hatchies is a great idea, and it wouldn't mess with the breeding mechanics whatsoever, so sweet.

Support.
First "sex change scroll" I've seen that I'm actually in support of even though I dunno if I'd actually use it. Having it just be appearance-based like the hatchies is a great idea, and it wouldn't mess with the breeding mechanics whatsoever, so sweet.

Support.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
This does sound like a good solution to the problem. Support.
This does sound like a good solution to the problem. Support.
I like this much better than previous suggestions. I have many non binary dragons, and it would be a huge show of support for that entire community.
I like this much better than previous suggestions. I have many non binary dragons, and it would be a huge show of support for that entire community.
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
No support.

I see where you're coming from, but no.

FR is a breeding sim first and foremost. Sure, so there are user-controlled RP elements, but coding new stuff around RP elements such as this is a waste of time that could be better spent working on games, new content and fixing endless bugs.
No support.

FR is a breeding sim first and foremost. Sure, so there are user-controlled RP elements, but coding new stuff around RP elements such as this is a waste of time that could be better spent working on games, new content and fixing endless bugs.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2014-08-16 16:52:41"]No support. I see where you're coming from, but no. FR is a breeding sim first and foremost. Sure, so there are user-controlled RP elements, but coding new stuff around RP elements such as this is a waste of time that could be better spent working on games, new content and fixing endless bugs.[/quote] I can only agree with Greyjoy on this. RP is [b]NOT[/b] a main element of FR and the time coding something like this could be better spent elsewhere. If ([i]for example[/i]) I wanted/had a male dragon that feels female then I'd dress up the male and give them an appropriate bio. Easily done.
Greyjoy wrote on 2014-08-16 16:52:41:
No support.

I can only agree with Greyjoy on this. RP is NOT a main element of FR and the time coding something like this could be better spent elsewhere. If (for example) I wanted/had a male dragon that feels female then I'd dress up the male and give them an appropriate bio. Easily done.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
No support, I have so many reasons why I dislike this idea- I just don't have the energy to list them.
Useless suggestion, as Greyjoy said, RP is not the main element of Flight Rising in the game itself- and dealing with skins and accents for (example: Female Imperials), when the female has been altered to look like a male, would just mess up the whole system completely..
No support, I have so many reasons why I dislike this idea- I just don't have the energy to list them.
Useless suggestion, as Greyjoy said, RP is not the main element of Flight Rising in the game itself- and dealing with skins and accents for (example: Female Imperials), when the female has been altered to look like a male, would just mess up the whole system completely..
ar_shop_sig_by_hanjamuffin-dazwfrr.png
[quote name="Hanjamuffin" date="2014-08-16 18:00:58"]No support, I have so many reasons why I dislike this idea- I just don't have the energy to list them. Useless suggestion, as Greyjoy said, RP is not the main element of Flight Rising in the game itself- and dealing with skins and accents for (example: Female Imperials), when the female has been altered to look like a male, would just mess up the whole system completely..[/quote] I agree with what they said, including Greyjoy's statement. This is just... so complicated for something that's not even vital to the game. Seriously. Just RP and use head canon and be done with it. There are MANY, much more important things the developers need to spend time coding than this. Sorry to sound harsh, but this stuff is getting old.
Hanjamuffin wrote on 2014-08-16 18:00:58:

I agree with what they said, including Greyjoy's statement.

This is just... so complicated for something that's not even vital to the game. Seriously. Just RP and use head canon and be done with it. There are MANY, much more important things the developers need to spend time coding than this.
Sorry to sound harsh, but this stuff is getting old.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
Support, just to be able to mix up the poses of dragons, and for the other reasons people have stated too.
Support, just to be able to mix up the poses of dragons, and for the other reasons people have stated too.
tumblr_nmexfndQ7S1r5z40vo1_500.png
[quote name="conduitoftime" date="2014-08-15 14:48:56"]No support. This would be hell to code and would require re-coding a hell of a lot of pages. Weeks of work. Revamping the whole breeding system.[/quote] Breeding system? This would just change the generated pictures. There are a few problems code-wise that I can see, but they're fairly solvable: make it occupy the skin slot. Clothes would still change to fit the dragon's actual apperance, but accents and skins would be impossible to equip, saving the programmers the time needed to code in something that checks what pose a dragon has before applying a skin.
conduitoftime wrote on 2014-08-15 14:48:56:
No support.

This would be hell to code and would require re-coding a hell of a lot of pages. Weeks of work. Revamping the whole breeding system.

Breeding system? This would just change the generated pictures. There are a few problems code-wise that I can see, but they're fairly solvable: make it occupy the skin slot. Clothes would still change to fit the dragon's actual apperance, but accents and skins would be impossible to equip, saving the programmers the time needed to code in something that checks what pose a dragon has before applying a skin.
tumblr_inline_o7nbjtedUu1r0eb29_540.png FR tumblr
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150