Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 149 150
cool article! intelligently explained everything. Herehttp://freeromsdownload.com/roms/nintendo-ds, 4 example, everything is cool and clear for me personally, in principle, in terms of games, one of the best resources in terms of both quality and assortment im sure)
cool article! intelligently explained everything. Herehttp://freeromsdownload.com/roms/nintendo-ds, 4 example, everything is cool and clear for me personally, in principle, in terms of games, one of the best resources in terms of both quality and assortment im sure)
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-05-29 18:47:27" ] [quote name="apiarius" date="2020-05-29 18:35:14" ] my main problem with this would be buying on the AH. i had a VERY hard time figuring out what pose went to what gender when i was new, and i ended up buying a fairly expensive dragon thinking she was female. i know for SURE i would make mistakes like that if we had this scroll, because i don't usually check the gender, i know which pose is which, so it doesn't matter. also, it'd be a hassle to buy a dragon that had been pose-changed and pose change it back. other than that, support! [/quote] This is why the General consensus has been to not allow them to be sold on the AH or if they can be sold on the AH (like EY hatchlings can be), make it abundantly clear that it’s been pose changes (icon, filtering options and the like) so it’s quite possible to avoid purchasing them accidentally [/quote] oh, ok! makes sense.
DragonSage wrote on 2020-05-29 18:47:27:
apiarius wrote on 2020-05-29 18:35:14:
my main problem with this would be buying on the AH. i had a VERY hard time figuring out what pose went to what gender when i was new, and i ended up buying a fairly expensive dragon thinking she was female. i know for SURE i would make mistakes like that if we had this scroll, because i don't usually check the gender, i know which pose is which, so it doesn't matter. also, it'd be a hassle to buy a dragon that had been pose-changed and pose change it back. other than that, support!
This is why the General consensus has been to not allow them to be sold on the AH or if they can be sold on the AH (like EY hatchlings can be), make it abundantly clear that it’s been pose changes (icon, filtering options and the like) so it’s quite possible to avoid purchasing them accidentally
oh, ok! makes sense.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

@Yorshka

Yes.

- Desire to preserve dimorphism
- Discomfort with the lack of immediate evidence of gender
- Disagreement with making an unchangeable aspect changeable

Probably a few more, but that's off the top of my head. Nothing that seemed major or unique enough, to me, to record as a new point in the first post, and some of the arguments come down to differences in opinion.
@Yorshka

Yes.

Probably a few more, but that's off the top of my head. Nothing that seemed major or unique enough, to me, to record as a new point in the first post, and some of the arguments come down to differences in opinion.
[quote name="Vely" date="2020-06-01 15:17:29" ] @Yorshka Yes. - Desire to preserve dimorphism - Discomfort with the lack of immediate evidence of gender - Disagreement with making an unchangeable aspect changeable Probably a few more, but that's off the top of my head. Nothing that seemed major or unique enough, to me, to record as a new point in the first post, and some of the arguments come down to differences in opinion. [/quote] thanks so much!
Vely wrote on 2020-06-01 15:17:29:
@Yorshka

Yes.

thanks so much!
Signature.png
Support. For the potential confusion regarding dragons being sold on the AH, they could add an additional filtering option to the dragon search, like "pose changed?" and have it set to "no" by default, along with a fairly noticeable icon indicating it on the dragon's profile and AH listing info, so no one is getting confused and accidentally buying the wrong gender.
Support. For the potential confusion regarding dragons being sold on the AH, they could add an additional filtering option to the dragon search, like "pose changed?" and have it set to "no" by default, along with a fairly noticeable icon indicating it on the dragon's profile and AH listing info, so no one is getting confused and accidentally buying the wrong gender.
LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.pngImE8TtZ.pngoKZOZJE.pngdnRpItE.png
Support- (with a slight suggestion)
It would be nice to make pose change dragons effectively sterile like permahatchlings for the time they are changed.
I have been resisting the urge very hard to not breed Tyrael as I dont want him to be a “mother”.
Him not being able to breed at all and also appear male would be nice
It would be nice to make pose change dragons effectively sterile like permahatchlings for the time they are changed.
I have been resisting the urge very hard to not breed Tyrael as I dont want him to be a “mother”.
gC8Fl1N.png3mRCtgv.pngdO7Qce6.pngo6Tbf9W.png She/They
[quote name="Dis0rderly" date="2020-06-06 00:56:54" ] Support- (with a slight suggestion) It would be nice to make pose change dragons effectively sterile like permahatchlings for the time they are changed. I have been resisting the urge very hard to not breed Tyrael as I dont want him to be a “mother”. Him not being able to breed at all and also appear male would be nice [/quote] [font=Calibri]Oh I love this idea, @Dis0rderly! My main concern with this concept had been that it just felt like trying to get around the staff's clearly stated policy that no gender-swap scrolls would ever be available. Regardless of whether you agree with the decision, it is what it is, and the staff's desire to keep this element of the dragon-breeding challenge is something we should recognize. SO, that's why this is so great! It makes these dragons even more like perma-hatchlings in how they'd function on the site, which makes it super easy to imagine how they'd fit into the site ~ecosystem~, so to speak.[/font]
Dis0rderly wrote on 2020-06-06 00:56:54:

Oh I love this idea, @Dis0rderly!

My main concern with this concept had been that it just felt like trying to get around the staff's clearly stated policy that no gender-swap scrolls would ever be available. Regardless of whether you agree with the decision, it is what it is, and the staff's desire to keep this element of the dragon-breeding challenge is something we should recognize.

SO, that's why this is so great! It makes these dragons even more like perma-hatchlings in how they'd function on the site, which makes it super easy to imagine how they'd fit into the site ~ecosystem~, so to speak.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
I will say that I absolutely do not support making these dragons sterile. There is really no good reason to, and I really do not want a pose change scroll more associated with being sterile, because for one, that would ruin the 'I want a same sex couple but still want to breed them' idea that I love about this post, and I also don't want to be forced to use a pose change scroll every time I want to remove a dragon from a breeding list.

As for the no good reason, I can understand why permababies are sterile, they are hatchling form and there would be the issue of 'breeding babies!' (look at the coliseum suggestions for permababies), but a pose change scroll would do nothing except change the pose, they would still be adult dragons, and in some people's lore they would still be the same sex as they were before (and according to the site they would be as well), so there really isn't a good reason to associate a pose change with 'sterility'

as for the no-gender swap, that isn't what this is. It is simply a pose change. The dragons would still be the same sex as they were before the change, they would just use the opposite sex's image.
I will say that I absolutely do not support making these dragons sterile. There is really no good reason to, and I really do not want a pose change scroll more associated with being sterile, because for one, that would ruin the 'I want a same sex couple but still want to breed them' idea that I love about this post, and I also don't want to be forced to use a pose change scroll every time I want to remove a dragon from a breeding list.

As for the no good reason, I can understand why permababies are sterile, they are hatchling form and there would be the issue of 'breeding babies!' (look at the coliseum suggestions for permababies), but a pose change scroll would do nothing except change the pose, they would still be adult dragons, and in some people's lore they would still be the same sex as they were before (and according to the site they would be as well), so there really isn't a good reason to associate a pose change with 'sterility'

as for the no-gender swap, that isn't what this is. It is simply a pose change. The dragons would still be the same sex as they were before the change, they would just use the opposite sex's image.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Given that trans people are, in many places, encouraged or required to be sterilized, it would be a terrible look for FR to implement a pose-change scroll that also prevents the dragons from breeding. The pose-change scroll may not be an item explicitly referencing trans people, but the association would definitely be made by the playerbase, especially since some would be using this on their trans dragons. It's too close to painful real-life situations.

I don't see why an aesthetic item like this should have an impact on gameplay functions. It is not inherited and neither are the dragons hatchlings. It does not affect any permanent traits. Canonically, it would be little different from a dragon shifting their posture. Game-wise, there should be absolutely zero penalties to applying an aesthetic item to a dragon. (Eternal Youth can't breed, wear apparel, or participate in coli because no hatchlings can do those things in the first place; it's not unique to that item.)

I do not recall any clearly stated policy against gender-swap items. (IIRC there was something along the lines of "we don't have any plans for this" and that was it?) This suggestion would have zero impact on how dragons breed, which is the main complaint people have with gender-swap suggestions. I suggested it as an option for gender-swapping dragons for whatever reason (pose preference, gay dragons, trans dragons) without impacting gameplay.

If someone would like to prevent their adult dragons from breeding, I think that should be its own unique function, not bundled in with something else.
Given that trans people are, in many places, encouraged or required to be sterilized, it would be a terrible look for FR to implement a pose-change scroll that also prevents the dragons from breeding. The pose-change scroll may not be an item explicitly referencing trans people, but the association would definitely be made by the playerbase, especially since some would be using this on their trans dragons. It's too close to painful real-life situations.

I don't see why an aesthetic item like this should have an impact on gameplay functions. It is not inherited and neither are the dragons hatchlings. It does not affect any permanent traits. Canonically, it would be little different from a dragon shifting their posture. Game-wise, there should be absolutely zero penalties to applying an aesthetic item to a dragon. (Eternal Youth can't breed, wear apparel, or participate in coli because no hatchlings can do those things in the first place; it's not unique to that item.)

I do not recall any clearly stated policy against gender-swap items. (IIRC there was something along the lines of "we don't have any plans for this" and that was it?) This suggestion would have zero impact on how dragons breed, which is the main complaint people have with gender-swap suggestions. I suggested it as an option for gender-swapping dragons for whatever reason (pose preference, gay dragons, trans dragons) without impacting gameplay.

If someone would like to prevent their adult dragons from breeding, I think that should be its own unique function, not bundled in with something else.
@Vely
I agree with your comment on sterility. If we were to implement this, I don't see why they would have to change the function of dragons as well. However, I still wouldn't support because I think the most important part of this game is the breeding aspect and changing the poses assigned to each gender would make this game so much more confusing. I don't want to have to click into each dragon in another person's lair just to see if they are male or female, especially if I'm playing a forum game or in the auction house.
@Vely
I agree with your comment on sterility. If we were to implement this, I don't see why they would have to change the function of dragons as well. However, I still wouldn't support because I think the most important part of this game is the breeding aspect and changing the poses assigned to each gender would make this game so much more confusing. I don't want to have to click into each dragon in another person's lair just to see if they are male or female, especially if I'm playing a forum game or in the auction house.
CUnQdgy.png
1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 149 150