Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Suggestions
1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 282 283
A section in the Elemental flight area that you can click on to show you what familiars are native to your flights habitat.

Familiars that can only be found by gathering/digging/scavanging in that specific flights element after level 10 or something.

etc Gathering fish in Shadow might give you a mirelight fish (a made up angler fish that lives in shadowland swamps)

more craftable familiars from meat prey (ex: say I have 99 of the gembond snake, taking that and crafting it into a familiar version called Domesticated ____, etc)
A section in the Elemental flight area that you can click on to show you what familiars are native to your flights habitat.

Familiars that can only be found by gathering/digging/scavanging in that specific flights element after level 10 or something.

etc Gathering fish in Shadow might give you a mirelight fish (a made up angler fish that lives in shadowland swamps)

more craftable familiars from meat prey (ex: say I have 99 of the gembond snake, taking that and crafting it into a familiar version called Domesticated ____, etc)
Can we please get one of these beauties? [emoji=ridgeback love size=1] Just a normal-looking hornet, pls, no fantastical or alien elements, just a big ol hornet. [img]https://objects.liquidweb.services/images/201803/bonnie_bell_41041847212_5ccdcbaf7c_b.jpg[/img]
Can we please get one of these beauties? Just a normal-looking hornet, pls, no fantastical or alien elements, just a big ol hornet.

bonnie_bell_41041847212_5ccdcbaf7c_b.jpg
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
It just dawned on me: we should totally get Joxar recolours of these current Zodiac familiars and have them all coloured like completely normal animals. For example, the Shining Cancer recoloured into a normal starless crab with the colours of a Sally lightfoot crab [item=shining cancer] [img]https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/sally-lightfoot-crab-steve-allenscience-photo-library.jpg[/img] Then the Crackling Leo recoloured into the colours and pattern of a Marozi spotted lion [item=crackling leo] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dd/3b/f8/dd3bf8b3d5c218f9fcfe4e30b0486cb4.png[/img] The Burning Virgo could be recoloured like a coral snake [item=burning virgo] [img]https://texashillcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/Eastern-Coral-Snake-660x400.jpg[/img] the Enchanted Libra recoloured like a golden wolf [item=enchanted libra] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Golden_wolf_small.jpg/2560px-Golden_wolf_small.jpg[/img]
It just dawned on me: we should totally get Joxar recolours of these current Zodiac familiars and have them all coloured like completely normal animals.

For example, the Shining Cancer recoloured into a normal starless crab with the colours of a Sally lightfoot crab

Shining Cancer

sally-lightfoot-crab-steve-allenscience-photo-library.jpg

Then the Crackling Leo recoloured into the colours and pattern of a Marozi spotted lion

Crackling Leo

dd3bf8b3d5c218f9fcfe4e30b0486cb4.png

The Burning Virgo could be recoloured like a coral snake

Burning Virgo

Eastern-Coral-Snake-660x400.jpg

the Enchanted Libra recoloured like a golden wolf

Enchanted Libra

2560px-Golden_wolf_small.jpg

Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Here's an idea that I know, for a fact, would take a LOT of effort. However, I think the outcome would be pretty neat. [b]Awakened familiars have different sprites, that makes them [size=4]LOOK[/size] awakened.[/b] By this I mean change the sprites so they look more... powerful? I suppose? I'll run some examples to show what I mean [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/621.png[/img] This is the [b]Cloud Chaser[/b] familiar. Imagine if, once it became awakened, it had green wind-colored clouds billowing around it, or more intricate armor or larger wings. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/21661.png[/img] This is the [b]Wasteland Collector[/b]. For this one, it could have spikier shoulder fur, visible claws, or even a more menacing necklace. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/22407.png[/img] Of course, not everything has to be menacing. This [b]Chipskink[/b] could have more innocent eyes, or a cute flame-tipped tail(or even just making the tail tip red). [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/20177.png[/img] And not everything has to go one way or the other! Things can just change, and make things look different. In the case of the [b]Enduring Goblin[/b], it could have a pose change and a smile put on it's face along with some mild color changes or variation with the horns. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the familiar designs on the site! It's just that it takes a long, [i]long[/i] time to get them awakened. (Three months... I guess that's not too bad. but that means one dragon can only awaken 4 familiars a year!). And after staring at the designs every day for three months... Well, they become a bit [i]boring[/i]. I think introducing new designs for their awakened forms would be a breath of fresh air. Another suggestion I have would be to do what was done with the [b]Phoenix[/b] familiar, and give them multiple images! Even just a pose change would keep us from staring at the same image every day for three months. Welp, there's my suggestion. I love the familiars on this site and really just the site in general. thanks for reading!
Here's an idea that I know, for a fact, would take a LOT of effort. However, I think the outcome would be pretty neat.

Awakened familiars have different sprites, that makes them LOOK awakened. By this I mean change the sprites so they look more... powerful? I suppose? I'll run some examples to show what I mean

621.png
This is the Cloud Chaser familiar. Imagine if, once it became awakened, it had green wind-colored clouds billowing around it, or more intricate armor or larger wings.

21661.png
This is the Wasteland Collector. For this one, it could have spikier shoulder fur, visible claws, or even a more menacing necklace.

22407.png
Of course, not everything has to be menacing. This Chipskink could have more innocent eyes, or a cute flame-tipped tail(or even just making the tail tip red).

20177.png
And not everything has to go one way or the other! Things can just change, and make things look different. In the case of the Enduring Goblin, it could have a pose change and a smile put on it's face along with some mild color changes or variation with the horns.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the familiar designs on the site! It's just that it takes a long, long time to get them awakened. (Three months... I guess that's not too bad. but that means one dragon can only awaken 4 familiars a year!). And after staring at the designs every day for three months... Well, they become a bit boring. I think introducing new designs for their awakened forms would be a breath of fresh air.

Another suggestion I have would be to do what was done with the Phoenix familiar, and give them multiple images! Even just a pose change would keep us from staring at the same image every day for three months.

Welp, there's my suggestion. I love the familiars on this site and really just the site in general. thanks for reading!
13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
Fiona Feat idea: for awakening all four seasonal sphynxes, you receive a fifth sphynx themed off all four seasons, change, renewal, ect.
Fiona Feat idea: for awakening all four seasonal sphynxes, you receive a fifth sphynx themed off all four seasons, change, renewal, ect.
bBPzQ9y.png
[quote name="Dis0rderly" date="2020-09-12 19:38:16" ] Hear me out: [img]https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/0wRUgCXvg_RaZ2XE6y70MRGjMfSgbzruHNri4zCYpy4-5d15d2b2c720c__880.jpg[/img] [/quote] yes
Dis0rderly wrote on 2020-09-12 19:38:16:
Hear me out:
0wRUgCXvg_RaZ2XE6y70MRGjMfSgbzruHNri4zCYpy4-5d15d2b2c720c__880.jpg
yes
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
I'm gonna throw out everything I'm thinking since a lot of these have probably been suggested already. I checked the list Gaia made but wbiobwbo I didn't read all the pages

General Animals
- A shadow catfish
(Loaches and sturgeons made me want more fishies with whiskers. And since catfish are bottom-feeders, you could play up the idea of a dark catfish that came from the depths!)
- Another kind of mole
(I feel bad that we only eat them.. a star-nosed mole as a pet?? Yes. Or anything with big ol' cute mole claws! Blend it with an anteater if ya want, it'll be fun)
- Hoopoe
(It's one of my favorite birds and hasn't been suggested, I think it'd be cute)
- Giraffe beetle
(I don't even like bugs very much.. but I feel like there's weird or cute potential here.)

Fiona fams
- One for two of the happy sludge/residue fams from Baldwin! Maybe it's rainbow, maybe it's jet black or milky white, maybe it's straight-up transparent like plain gelatin. But something for it would be fun!
- One for the Nekomata... that has fur. It seems like such a forbidden thing I want it
- One for Leafy and Amaranth Moths! It'd likely just be a recolor, but it'd be a Fiona fam more accessible to common/new players who might not have the expensive or rare familiars yet and can't grind in higher venues. (Like an introduction to Fiona's gifts, even.)
- One for the Autumn Sea Dragon and Seaweed Scavenger! Maybe it could be colored like an actual leafy sea dragon? Or if it could be wild, one of those sea horses that looks like coral!
- One for Banded Owlcat/Redwing Owlcat that's based on a snowy owl and a fluffy white cat (Persians? is that the breed?)
- One based on Chocolate Noggle/Strawberry Noggle... the Vanilla Noggle. You can't tell me Neopolitan Noggles Trio doesn't sound great.
- How about one for the Ravenous Cauldron/Curious Kettle that's like a goopy jack-o-lantern? Or maybe this would be a more fun idea around the spooky fams of NotN..
- One for the two Lurefish fams based on a toadfish or a red-lipped batfish. They even have the same grumpy look!
- For the two lamp familiars (Vulpine and Serpentine Lamp.) There's a fox and a snake, so the animal opportunities for the last could be endless, but I imagine something like a fish or bird could be pretty and a change!
- An Animated Statues fam.. carved out of wood. I think I thought of it cause of all the wood-sculpted items I'm sorry

Other
- A Beastclan fam based on the myth of the brownie (a fairy-like or gremlin-like mythical spirit that will help with housework or special tasks if respected) I'm not sure which one would be appropriate (or even if it not being Beastclan is a better idea), but I was thinking maybe they can help with magical or alchemical tasks for a bit of fun linking up with Baldwin or Arcane!
- A mirror fam that's cracked or fragmented! You could even make the tag something quippy about bad luck. It and the Cracked Crystal could be best friends.
- Something with pine cones... I thought about the idea of a little pine cone hedgehog and now I can't get it out of my head.
I'm gonna throw out everything I'm thinking since a lot of these have probably been suggested already. I checked the list Gaia made but wbiobwbo I didn't read all the pages

General Animals
- A shadow catfish
(Loaches and sturgeons made me want more fishies with whiskers. And since catfish are bottom-feeders, you could play up the idea of a dark catfish that came from the depths!)
- Another kind of mole
(I feel bad that we only eat them.. a star-nosed mole as a pet?? Yes. Or anything with big ol' cute mole claws! Blend it with an anteater if ya want, it'll be fun)
- Hoopoe
(It's one of my favorite birds and hasn't been suggested, I think it'd be cute)
- Giraffe beetle
(I don't even like bugs very much.. but I feel like there's weird or cute potential here.)

Fiona fams
- One for two of the happy sludge/residue fams from Baldwin! Maybe it's rainbow, maybe it's jet black or milky white, maybe it's straight-up transparent like plain gelatin. But something for it would be fun!
- One for the Nekomata... that has fur. It seems like such a forbidden thing I want it
- One for Leafy and Amaranth Moths! It'd likely just be a recolor, but it'd be a Fiona fam more accessible to common/new players who might not have the expensive or rare familiars yet and can't grind in higher venues. (Like an introduction to Fiona's gifts, even.)
- One for the Autumn Sea Dragon and Seaweed Scavenger! Maybe it could be colored like an actual leafy sea dragon? Or if it could be wild, one of those sea horses that looks like coral!
- One for Banded Owlcat/Redwing Owlcat that's based on a snowy owl and a fluffy white cat (Persians? is that the breed?)
- One based on Chocolate Noggle/Strawberry Noggle... the Vanilla Noggle. You can't tell me Neopolitan Noggles Trio doesn't sound great.
- How about one for the Ravenous Cauldron/Curious Kettle that's like a goopy jack-o-lantern? Or maybe this would be a more fun idea around the spooky fams of NotN..
- One for the two Lurefish fams based on a toadfish or a red-lipped batfish. They even have the same grumpy look!
- For the two lamp familiars (Vulpine and Serpentine Lamp.) There's a fox and a snake, so the animal opportunities for the last could be endless, but I imagine something like a fish or bird could be pretty and a change!
- An Animated Statues fam.. carved out of wood. I think I thought of it cause of all the wood-sculpted items I'm sorry

Other
- A Beastclan fam based on the myth of the brownie (a fairy-like or gremlin-like mythical spirit that will help with housework or special tasks if respected) I'm not sure which one would be appropriate (or even if it not being Beastclan is a better idea), but I was thinking maybe they can help with magical or alchemical tasks for a bit of fun linking up with Baldwin or Arcane!
- A mirror fam that's cracked or fragmented! You could even make the tag something quippy about bad luck. It and the Cracked Crystal could be best friends.
- Something with pine cones... I thought about the idea of a little pine cone hedgehog and now I can't get it out of my head.
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
[b][i]Potoo bird[/b][/i] [img]https://images.boredomfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/12/the-great-potoo-and-the-common-potoo-768x444.jpg[/img]
Potoo bird

the-great-potoo-and-the-common-potoo-768x444.jpg
w3Zfvla.gif -Wishlist
-She/Her
-Pings are ok!
-You matter
”If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.” - Carl Sagan
It might have already been suggested but I think it would be neat for Fiona to get a third Dwarf Unicorn.

Since there is a light one and a dark one maybe the third one could be colored like a paint horse or a leopard appaloosa since then it could utilize both their colors in its color scheme. ^_^ <3
It might have already been suggested but I think it would be neat for Fiona to get a third Dwarf Unicorn.

Since there is a light one and a dark one maybe the third one could be colored like a paint horse or a leopard appaloosa since then it could utilize both their colors in its color scheme. ^_^ <3
So many good games on the horizon! I'm excited. ^_^
some cute foxes?? a clouddd
some cute foxes?? a clouddd
FD1rkPC.png
1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 282 283