Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 162 163
I think people are taking this too seriously. Why does it matter if other people want to have unnamed dragons? The only reason it was banned in the first place was so that sellers couldn't scam players into buying a named dragon thinking it was unnamed, not because of hatchling lists or people's personal preferences.
I think people are taking this too seriously. Why does it matter if other people want to have unnamed dragons? The only reason it was banned in the first place was so that sellers couldn't scam players into buying a named dragon thinking it was unnamed, not because of hatchling lists or people's personal preferences.
tOaCdAC.png2IQhSQn.png
@Unicornponies

Truthfully, I haven't really seen a concrete reason either.

I think that most of it stems from it being the default name and thus the dragon is, as you said 'uloved and unwanted'.

I have the feeling that no matter what the default is, people would be upset if it wasn't changed before the dragon was 'discarded', which brings me to my next point.

I think part of the issue is some players' dislike of exalting itself (not all of it, of course). those players see exalting as 'deleting the dragon' (and boy would they hate Khimeros and Gryffs, where releasing DOES actually delete the pet, and all information) or discarding the dragon and having it be unnamed on top of being tossed aside? It just adds insult to injury in their minds.

I have seen some people who don't really care about 'unnamed' itself (or don't seem to) but rather that they don't want a row of same names on their offspring list. They would be, and often are, as upset when an entire batch of hatchlings are bought and named an exalt name rather than a randomized name.

There are probably a lot of other reasons, but those seem to be the biggest ones I have seen when I have seen people complain about unnamed exalts.

(oh, another reason I have seen isn't so much about unnamed itself, but rather newbie mistakes of selling a dragon without naming it, becaus they didn't realize that exalting unnamed was a thing)
@Unicornponies

Truthfully, I haven't really seen a concrete reason either.

I think that most of it stems from it being the default name and thus the dragon is, as you said 'uloved and unwanted'.

I have the feeling that no matter what the default is, people would be upset if it wasn't changed before the dragon was 'discarded', which brings me to my next point.

I think part of the issue is some players' dislike of exalting itself (not all of it, of course). those players see exalting as 'deleting the dragon' (and boy would they hate Khimeros and Gryffs, where releasing DOES actually delete the pet, and all information) or discarding the dragon and having it be unnamed on top of being tossed aside? It just adds insult to injury in their minds.

I have seen some people who don't really care about 'unnamed' itself (or don't seem to) but rather that they don't want a row of same names on their offspring list. They would be, and often are, as upset when an entire batch of hatchlings are bought and named an exalt name rather than a randomized name.

There are probably a lot of other reasons, but those seem to be the biggest ones I have seen when I have seen people complain about unnamed exalts.

(oh, another reason I have seen isn't so much about unnamed itself, but rather newbie mistakes of selling a dragon without naming it, becaus they didn't realize that exalting unnamed was a thing)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Thank you for clearing that up! It does help me see why people are so against it, but does make me question some of their reasoning. It all comes down to the dragon not being yours after you sell it, and the seller needing to take responsibility if they want a nice looking offspring list. Renaming scrolls are cheap for a reason, so if it gets picked up as non-fodder it'd be fine anyway.

It's amazing that dragons don't actually get deleted when exalted, it would be a pain to look back on logs and would make for some broken links when checking out ID numbers so overall not great, haha. It does make sense that they see it as not caring for the dragon. As for too many same names, I'd say they ought to just name the dragons themselves. If trainers should be able to do it, why can't the sellers do it, too? Doesn't take all that long and most sellers aren't in a rush for a push or the like.

I think that last bit could be solved by adding something into a tutorial? But it may not be the best place for that and not everyone reads them, but it could help lessen some of the confusion and worry over it.
@Jemadar

Thank you for clearing that up! It does help me see why people are so against it, but does make me question some of their reasoning. It all comes down to the dragon not being yours after you sell it, and the seller needing to take responsibility if they want a nice looking offspring list. Renaming scrolls are cheap for a reason, so if it gets picked up as non-fodder it'd be fine anyway.

It's amazing that dragons don't actually get deleted when exalted, it would be a pain to look back on logs and would make for some broken links when checking out ID numbers so overall not great, haha. It does make sense that they see it as not caring for the dragon. As for too many same names, I'd say they ought to just name the dragons themselves. If trainers should be able to do it, why can't the sellers do it, too? Doesn't take all that long and most sellers aren't in a rush for a push or the like.

I think that last bit could be solved by adding something into a tutorial? But it may not be the best place for that and not everyone reads them, but it could help lessen some of the confusion and worry over it.
unicornponies_com.png
@Unicornponies

Yeah, I have long felt that a more comprehensive tutorial, on both dragon naming and dragon selling, would help a lot.

Of course, the problem is, and I have had this on many sites, without actually playing the game, oftentimes the tutorials are just words with no meaning.

When I joined, I was told about the unnamed issue, and it meant nothing to me. I would have named my dragons anyway, but it wasn't until much later that I actually understood it. But, at least something about naming dragons and the potential for both the name being changed or the dragon being exalted unnamed if the player sells the dragon should probably be in the tutorial.
@Unicornponies

Yeah, I have long felt that a more comprehensive tutorial, on both dragon naming and dragon selling, would help a lot.

Of course, the problem is, and I have had this on many sites, without actually playing the game, oftentimes the tutorials are just words with no meaning.

When I joined, I was told about the unnamed issue, and it meant nothing to me. I would have named my dragons anyway, but it wasn't until much later that I actually understood it. But, at least something about naming dragons and the potential for both the name being changed or the dragon being exalted unnamed if the player sells the dragon should probably be in the tutorial.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
As always I am a big fan of this suggestion however if it is added there needs to be a way to par down the coliseum list (many people use unnamed dragons and the show only eligible dragons to keep list shorter) such as a toggle on individual dragons (or even by tab). I also think this suggestion if added would need to be release with some way to hide offspring list so those players who dislike unnamed offspring can hide them
As always I am a big fan of this suggestion however if it is added there needs to be a way to par down the coliseum list (many people use unnamed dragons and the show only eligible dragons to keep list shorter) such as a toggle on individual dragons (or even by tab). I also think this suggestion if added would need to be release with some way to hide offspring list so those players who dislike unnamed offspring can hide them
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Once again I’m here to say yes to unnamed dragons.
Once again I’m here to say yes to unnamed dragons.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2021-01-24 12:22:29" ] As always I am a big fan of this suggestion however if it is added there needs to be a way to par down the coliseum list (many people use unnamed dragons and the show only eligible dragons to keep list shorter) such as a toggle on individual dragons (or even by tab). I also think this suggestion if added would need to be release with some way to hide offspring list so those players who dislike unnamed offspring can hide them [/quote] All of this. But I would only be truly happy if Unnamed dragons were allowed in the coliseum if there was a new default, with ID number being my preferred default. I really only want unnamed dragons allowed in coliseum if we're allowed to name our dragons Unnamed. (Because it would be really disappointing for someone who wanted to train their unnamed dragon and named them so they could, but still wished it were unnamed...)
DragonSage wrote on 2021-01-24 12:22:29:
All of this.

But I would only be truly happy if Unnamed dragons were allowed in the coliseum if there was a new default, with ID number being my preferred default. I really only want unnamed dragons allowed in coliseum if we're allowed to name our dragons Unnamed. (Because it would be really disappointing for someone who wanted to train their unnamed dragon and named them so they could, but still wished it were unnamed...)
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I dont mind Unnamed becoming a valid name, and I agree we should be able to choose from tabs/better search options in the coli (as it is my named dragons are a slog to search through).

I still just want my permanent Unnamed for reasons and sometimes lore, dragons to get leveled.

I might be misunderstanding, but wouldn't ID number be pretty hard to search through though? I mix up numbers a lot and a list of numbers rather than names would be terrible.
I dont mind Unnamed becoming a valid name, and I agree we should be able to choose from tabs/better search options in the coli (as it is my named dragons are a slog to search through).

I still just want my permanent Unnamed for reasons and sometimes lore, dragons to get leveled.

I might be misunderstanding, but wouldn't ID number be pretty hard to search through though? I mix up numbers a lot and a list of numbers rather than names would be terrible.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-01-24 12:53:56" ] I dont mind Unnamed becoming a valid name, and I agree we should be able to choose from tabs/better search options in the coli (as it is my named dragons are a slog to search through). I still just want my permanent Unnamed for reasons and sometimes lore, dragons to get leveled. I might be misunderstanding, but wouldn't ID number be pretty hard to search through though? I mix up numbers a lot and a list of numbers rather than names would be terrible. [/quote] Oh, you're probably absolutely right about that... But it's not as if a hundred dragons all named "Unnamed" are any more distinguishable from one another. The unnamed filter on the AH would still apply, just to dragons with numbers in their name.
Stormfly wrote on 2021-01-24 12:53:56:

Oh, you're probably absolutely right about that... But it's not as if a hundred dragons all named "Unnamed" are any more distinguishable from one another. The unnamed filter on the AH would still apply, just to dragons with numbers in their name.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-01-24 12:56:01" ] [quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-01-24 12:53:56" ] I dont mind Unnamed becoming a valid name, and I agree we should be able to choose from tabs/better search options in the coli (as it is my named dragons are a slog to search through). I still just want my permanent Unnamed for reasons and sometimes lore, dragons to get leveled. I might be misunderstanding, but wouldn't ID number be pretty hard to search through though? I mix up numbers a lot and a list of numbers rather than names would be terrible. [/quote] Oh, you're probably absolutely right about that... But it's not as if a hundred dragons all named "Unnamed" are any more distinguishable from one another. The unnamed filter on the AH would still apply, just to dragons with numbers in their name. [/quote] Thats true! A list of Unnamed fodder (if thats your naming convention) would be harder to spot with IDs though, and it would be harder to search for named dragons in that case. I ve found its easy enough to miss the name "Spice" in a list of hundreds as it is, rather than 56747889 in a list of 56747888 and 59687889 or whatever. Sorting by tabs is probably the best solution for this, ID or Unnamed. I dont keep all my Unnameds together, so the issue would never occur for me, and itd be easier to just select dragons from my "to train" or "fodder" tabs than search through a bunch of IDs or names; so itd help all around for any player rather than just for this specific problem/suggestion.
Almedha wrote on 2021-01-24 12:56:01:
Stormfly wrote on 2021-01-24 12:53:56:

Oh, you're probably absolutely right about that... But it's not as if a hundred dragons all named "Unnamed" are any more distinguishable from one another. The unnamed filter on the AH would still apply, just to dragons with numbers in their name.

Thats true! A list of Unnamed fodder (if thats your naming convention) would be harder to spot with IDs though, and it would be harder to search for named dragons in that case. I ve found its easy enough to miss the name "Spice" in a list of hundreds as it is, rather than 56747889 in a list of 56747888 and 59687889 or whatever.

Sorting by tabs is probably the best solution for this, ID or Unnamed. I dont keep all my Unnameds together, so the issue would never occur for me, and itd be easier to just select dragons from my "to train" or "fodder" tabs than search through a bunch of IDs or names; so itd help all around for any player rather than just for this specific problem/suggestion.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 162 163