Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 162 163
Can't remember if I commented on this one already, but as always absolute support. The weird stigma around Unnamed dragons is just... Odd. But the thing is, if you want a 100% Unnamed lair, you're excluded from the Coli altogether. That's kinda sad, and it's weird that people would be forced to name their dragons when there is virtually no reason to impose that on anyone.
Can't remember if I commented on this one already, but as always absolute support. The weird stigma around Unnamed dragons is just... Odd. But the thing is, if you want a 100% Unnamed lair, you're excluded from the Coli altogether. That's kinda sad, and it's weird that people would be forced to name their dragons when there is virtually no reason to impose that on anyone.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
[quote]I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't.[/quote] Echoing everything Jemadar said, but I wanted to add something to this: I've only seen one person (or maybe two? They tend to get fuzzy, but there aren't many is the point) who said it was changed. I've also dug through old forum posts (including in the timeframe that one person said it was changed) and found no references to it whatsoever. There's also the sometime-question about whether we were ever to actually name dragons Unnamed, which I cannot find any evidence that we ever were allowed to do that, either. Far more people who have been around since the beginning say we were never able to do that than those that say the opposite, so I tend to believe that "Unnamed" was never allowed because it's default. Which is, I think, the biggest source of animosity toward it. As long as it's default (and therefore the most likely name to show up in strings on offspring lists), nothing will change. I also suspect that any change to that would have to be retroactive to change the sentiment, too, but we'll never really know.
Quote:
I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't.
Echoing everything Jemadar said, but I wanted to add something to this: I've only seen one person (or maybe two? They tend to get fuzzy, but there aren't many is the point) who said it was changed. I've also dug through old forum posts (including in the timeframe that one person said it was changed) and found no references to it whatsoever. There's also the sometime-question about whether we were ever to actually name dragons Unnamed, which I cannot find any evidence that we ever were allowed to do that, either. Far more people who have been around since the beginning say we were never able to do that than those that say the opposite, so I tend to believe that "Unnamed" was never allowed because it's default.

Which is, I think, the biggest source of animosity toward it. As long as it's default (and therefore the most likely name to show up in strings on offspring lists), nothing will change. I also suspect that any change to that would have to be retroactive to change the sentiment, too, but we'll never really know.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support! I have a nameless dragon in lore I really want to level up!
Support! I have a nameless dragon in lore I really want to level up!
AND-GOD-SAID.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-10-08 16:13:05" ] [quote name="YuriLeclerc" date="2020-10-08 15:41:17" ] [quote name="SilverSong92" date="2020-10-03 05:03:44" ] No support. It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary. [/quote] What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57994479]here[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57503658]here[/url] if anyone's curious. Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage. So, [b]support[/b]. [/quote] If you want to train a dragon, then why don't you just name it? There's even a randomizer button right there if you don't know what to name it and an item to rename your dragon if you decide you don't like it later. You [i]can[/i] train your dragon to level 25 before you decide on a name for it, so don't complain that you can't. You can. You just choose not to. I believe that allowing unnamed to be able to be trained will just make the problem people have with unnamed bigger and worse than it is currently, and so is categorically not-worth-it to change the current rule. I think that this rule makes things fair for everyone: there are approximately equal parts of unhappiness on both sides (one side wants full control over their dragons' offspring lists but cannot have it, and the other side has a few limitations on the names they can use for their dragon). Every dragon can be trained, even those that are so-importantly unnamed for lore reasons. I have two unnamed dragons for lore, myself. One of them is a level 5. I also think that everyone should know that if you don't want Unnamed dragons on your offspring list, [i]then name them before you sell them[/i]. As pointed out, it's equally as simple for someone selling their dragons' offspring to name them as it is for someone who wants to train a dragon they bought. There's a button for that. Use it. But being able to use unnamed in the coliseum is unnecessary and will make an already annoying problem worse. [/quote] I have a 6 year old unnamed dragon whos lore is going to be based around her being unnamed. I cant get that little icon back if I name her. My lair goal is every dragon that is a permanent member is level 25. There is no way to unname her after I name, level and remove her from the coli. I cant get that little icon showing she is Unnamed back, so leveling her is not a possibility, even though it goes directly against her lore. I have to choose between Unnamed or leveled. I cant even remame her Unnamed, and even if I could that icon wouldn't come back. There is no solution for this at the moment besides me ruining this dragon to fit a goal I am painstakingly working toward. How often do you see dragons who have been unnamed for 6 years or more? What about older dragons? 5 digits, 3 digits? I wouldnt want to name those either, those dragons have gone years without a name and that is just the absolute coolest thing in my opinion, and a lore goldmine. How many 3 digits even exist that are still unnamed on active accounts? Should those be forced to be named too for players to do what they want with them? Coli is the only thing you cant do with an unnamed dragon. In my opinion, forcing players to name a dragon for the coli is no different at all to controlling what other people do with their dragon because they dont want unnamed in their offspring list. Unnamed exalts is the reason people are against it. And this doesn't fix the problem of unnamed exalts, it isnt meant to. If i have to use a renaming scroll to level a dragon I am uncertain of the name, why shouldn't the person who buys a dragon? Nobody is buying dragons purely for their named or unnamed aspect. I agree. It is the breeder's responsibility to manage their dragons offspring list. If they sell a dragon unnamed and it remains unnamed until it is exalted that is because they sold it unnamed. And because of that, I dont think it will make the problem worse by allowing unnamed into the coli, because the problem to me isn't unnamed exalts, the problem is people refusing to name dragons before selling them. As you said, the randomize button is right there, they just choose not to. This is pushing the problem onto players who want to use their dragons how they want to. Personally, I think it'll prevent more unnamed exalts as it'll prompt more people to name before selling. People who exalt unnamed will still exalt unnamed with this. It won't change anything on that front, because it isnt meant to address the unnamed exalt problem. There is only one way to address that, and thats naming before selling. People are selling unnamed at fodder prices, thats inevitable. But what it does allow is tons of players to keep being indecisive with names, allow more options for lore (stillborn hatchlings, unnamed for cruel reasons, lost clan before being named, lost, has gone so long without being named that they reject names, doesn't understand the concept of names, etc.etc.), balance the site in a way that makes sense (why aren't there more drawbacks to unnamed if its a game mechanic and not a feature), let fodder breeders actually level their fodder if they want completely unnamed offspring lists (more treasure). Thats a lot more advantages than the unnamed exalt problem, this suggestion isn't meant to fix.
Almedha wrote on 2020-10-08 16:13:05:
YuriLeclerc wrote on 2020-10-08 15:41:17:
SilverSong92 wrote on 2020-10-03 05:03:44:
No support.

It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary.

What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. here and here if anyone's curious.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage.
So, support.
If you want to train a dragon, then why don't you just name it? There's even a randomizer button right there if you don't know what to name it and an item to rename your dragon if you decide you don't like it later. You can train your dragon to level 25 before you decide on a name for it, so don't complain that you can't. You can. You just choose not to.

I believe that allowing unnamed to be able to be trained will just make the problem people have with unnamed bigger and worse than it is currently, and so is categorically not-worth-it to change the current rule. I think that this rule makes things fair for everyone: there are approximately equal parts of unhappiness on both sides (one side wants full control over their dragons' offspring lists but cannot have it, and the other side has a few limitations on the names they can use for their dragon). Every dragon can be trained, even those that are so-importantly unnamed for lore reasons. I have two unnamed dragons for lore, myself. One of them is a level 5.

I also think that everyone should know that if you don't want Unnamed dragons on your offspring list, then name them before you sell them. As pointed out, it's equally as simple for someone selling their dragons' offspring to name them as it is for someone who wants to train a dragon they bought. There's a button for that. Use it.

But being able to use unnamed in the coliseum is unnecessary and will make an already annoying problem worse.

I have a 6 year old unnamed dragon whos lore is going to be based around her being unnamed. I cant get that little icon back if I name her.
My lair goal is every dragon that is a permanent member is level 25.
There is no way to unname her after I name, level and remove her from the coli. I cant get that little icon showing she is Unnamed back, so leveling her is not a possibility, even though it goes directly against her lore. I have to choose between Unnamed or leveled. I cant even remame her Unnamed, and even if I could that icon wouldn't come back.

There is no solution for this at the moment besides me ruining this dragon to fit a goal I am painstakingly working toward.
How often do you see dragons who have been unnamed for 6 years or more? What about older dragons? 5 digits, 3 digits? I wouldnt want to name those either, those dragons have gone years without a name and that is just the absolute coolest thing in my opinion, and a lore goldmine. How many 3 digits even exist that are still unnamed on active accounts?
Should those be forced to be named too for players to do what they want with them? Coli is the only thing you cant do with an unnamed dragon.

In my opinion, forcing players to name a dragon for the coli is no different at all to controlling what other people do with their dragon because they dont want unnamed in their offspring list. Unnamed exalts is the reason people are against it. And this doesn't fix the problem of unnamed exalts, it isnt meant to.

If i have to use a renaming scroll to level a dragon I am uncertain of the name, why shouldn't the person who buys a dragon? Nobody is buying dragons purely for their named or unnamed aspect.

I agree. It is the breeder's responsibility to manage their dragons offspring list. If they sell a dragon unnamed and it remains unnamed until it is exalted that is because they sold it unnamed.

And because of that, I dont think it will make the problem worse by allowing unnamed into the coli, because the problem to me isn't unnamed exalts, the problem is people refusing to name dragons before selling them. As you said, the randomize button is right there, they just choose not to.
This is pushing the problem onto players who want to use their dragons how they want to.
Personally, I think it'll prevent more unnamed exalts as it'll prompt more people to name before selling.

People who exalt unnamed will still exalt unnamed with this. It won't change anything on that front, because it isnt meant to address the unnamed exalt problem. There is only one way to address that, and thats naming before selling. People are selling unnamed at fodder prices, thats inevitable.

But what it does allow is tons of players to keep being indecisive with names, allow more options for lore (stillborn hatchlings, unnamed for cruel reasons, lost clan before being named, lost, has gone so long without being named that they reject names, doesn't understand the concept of names, etc.etc.), balance the site in a way that makes sense (why aren't there more drawbacks to unnamed if its a game mechanic and not a feature), let fodder breeders actually level their fodder if they want completely unnamed offspring lists (more treasure).

Thats a lot more advantages than the unnamed exalt problem, this suggestion isn't meant to fix.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-10-09 09:12:36" ] [quote]I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't.[/quote] Echoing everything Jemadar said, but I wanted to add something to this: I've only seen one person (or maybe two? They tend to get fuzzy, but there aren't many is the point) who said it was changed. I've also dug through old forum posts (including in the timeframe that one person said it was changed) and found no references to it whatsoever. There's also the sometime-question about whether we were ever to actually name dragons Unnamed, which I cannot find any evidence that we ever were allowed to do that, either. Far more people who have been around since the beginning say we were never able to do that than those that say the opposite, so I tend to believe that "Unnamed" was never allowed because it's default. Which is, I think, the biggest source of animosity toward it. As long as it's default (and therefore the most likely name to show up in strings on offspring lists), nothing will change. I also suspect that any change to that would have to be retroactive to change the sentiment, too, but we'll never really know. [/quote] This is the way I am leaning: Unnamed was never allowed as a name (though it might have been at the very beginning) and unnamed were never allowed in the coliseum.
Almedha wrote on 2020-10-09 09:12:36:
Quote:
I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't.
Echoing everything Jemadar said, but I wanted to add something to this: I've only seen one person (or maybe two? They tend to get fuzzy, but there aren't many is the point) who said it was changed. I've also dug through old forum posts (including in the timeframe that one person said it was changed) and found no references to it whatsoever. There's also the sometime-question about whether we were ever to actually name dragons Unnamed, which I cannot find any evidence that we ever were allowed to do that, either. Far more people who have been around since the beginning say we were never able to do that than those that say the opposite, so I tend to believe that "Unnamed" was never allowed because it's default.

Which is, I think, the biggest source of animosity toward it. As long as it's default (and therefore the most likely name to show up in strings on offspring lists), nothing will change. I also suspect that any change to that would have to be retroactive to change the sentiment, too, but we'll never really know.
This is the way I am leaning: Unnamed was never allowed as a name (though it might have been at the very beginning) and unnamed were never allowed in the coliseum.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I think I want to reiterate something I said earlier:
It doesn't matter what the seller thinks of Unnamed in their offspring lists, because its not their dragon anymore.
I agree with everything Stormfly said, these are our dragons, we should be able to do with them what we want.
The seller is giving up all rights to any dragon they sell, if they want to maintain control over their offspring lists, then they need to name before they sell. Keeping the inability to train unnamed is just forcing the problem onto the trainers, which is in essence, forcing trainers to change their playstyle to match someone else's desires. Someone who doesn't even actually own that dragon. Which forgive me, that's ********.
I don't consider making the sellers name their dragons before they sell them to be anywhere near equal to this, they are effectively saying they don't want/cant keep a dragon anymore when they sell it. Once someone buys it, it is no longer theirs. The trainer has no stake in the seller's lists, if the seller actually cares that much about it, then they should name before they sell. If they don't, I'm going to assume they don't actually care all that much.
Unnamed exalts aren't actually a real problem; there's nothing wrong with them, and this possibly increasing the number of unnamed exalts is not actually a valid reason to not have this. The issue is people being careless or sellers being either lazy with dragons while they own them or not understanding that they don't own a dragon anymore, which could probably be solved with an auction house tutorial of sorts which lets them know they should name before they sell if they want to make sure their dragons are named.
As always, total support.
It doesn't matter what the seller thinks of Unnamed in their offspring lists, because its not their dragon anymore.
I agree with everything Stormfly said, these are our dragons, we should be able to do with them what we want.
The seller is giving up all rights to any dragon they sell, if they want to maintain control over their offspring lists, then they need to name before they sell. Keeping the inability to train unnamed is just forcing the problem onto the trainers, which is in essence, forcing trainers to change their playstyle to match someone else's desires. Someone who doesn't even actually own that dragon. Which forgive me, that's ********.
I don't consider making the sellers name their dragons before they sell them to be anywhere near equal to this, they are effectively saying they don't want/cant keep a dragon anymore when they sell it. Once someone buys it, it is no longer theirs. The trainer has no stake in the seller's lists, if the seller actually cares that much about it, then they should name before they sell. If they don't, I'm going to assume they don't actually care all that much.
Unnamed exalts aren't actually a real problem; there's nothing wrong with them, and this possibly increasing the number of unnamed exalts is not actually a valid reason to not have this. The issue is people being careless or sellers being either lazy with dragons while they own them or not understanding that they don't own a dragon anymore, which could probably be solved with an auction house tutorial of sorts which lets them know they should name before they sell if they want to make sure their dragons are named.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Medenadragon" date="2020-10-09 12:08:21" ] I think I want to reiterate something I said earlier: It doesn't matter what the seller thinks of Unnamed in their offspring lists, because its not their dragon anymore. I agree with everything Stormfly said, these are our dragons, we should be able to do with them what we want. The seller is giving up all rights to any dragon they sell, if they want to maintain control over their offspring lists, then they need to name before they sell. Keeping the inability to train unnamed is just forcing the problem onto the trainers, which is in essence, forcing trainers to change their playstyle to match someone else's desires. Someone who doesn't even actually own that dragon. Which forgive me, that's ********. I don't consider making the sellers name their dragons before they sell them to be anywhere near equal to this, they are effectively saying they don't want/cant keep a dragon anymore when they sell it. Once someone buys it, it is no longer theirs. The trainer has no stake in the seller's lists, if the seller actually cares that much about it, then they should name before they sell. If they don't, I'm going to assume they don't actually care all that much. Unnamed exalts aren't actually a real problem; there's nothing wrong with them, and this possibly increasing the number of unnamed exalts is not actually a valid reason to not have this. The issue is people being careless or sellers being either lazy with dragons while they own them or not understanding that they don't own a dragon anymore, which could probably be solved with an auction house tutorial of sorts which lets them know they should name before they sell if they want to make sure their dragons are named. As always, total support. [/quote] But like I care about the unnameds in dragons I'm BUYING tho. Forcing people to name a dragon to drag it through coli means that it cuts down on the percentage of no names site wide which means lower chance of finding a nice adult dragon on the marketplace who's offspring list is giant cluster of unnameds.
Medenadragon wrote on 2020-10-09 12:08:21:

But like I care about the unnameds in dragons I'm BUYING tho. Forcing people to name a dragon to drag it through coli means that it cuts down on the percentage of no names site wide which means lower chance of finding a nice adult dragon on the marketplace who's offspring list is giant cluster of unnameds.

mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote]The seller is giving up all rights to any dragon they sell, if they want to maintain control over their offspring lists, then they need to name before they sell. Keeping the inability to train unnamed is just forcing the problem onto the trainers, which is in essence, forcing trainers to change their playstyle to match someone else's desires. Someone who doesn't even actually own that dragon. Which forgive me, that's ********.[/quote] I mean, if I'd like to name my dragons Cher to train and exalt, I apparently can't do that. That's not passing a problem on to the trainers, that's just a name that's banned. Trainers who buy a dragon unnamed and expect to be able to train it immediately are just buying a problem they know they don't want when they could just as easily buy a named dragon and train it immediately.
Quote:
I mean, if I'd like to name my dragons Cher to train and exalt, I apparently can't do that. That's not passing a problem on to the trainers, that's just a name that's banned. Trainers who buy a dragon unnamed and expect to be able to train it immediately are just buying a problem they know they don't want when they could just as easily buy a named dragon and train it immediately.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I do support this because I have multiple dragons who are Unnamed and I want to stay that way, but also I want to level.

There are 152 Unnamed but leveled dragons, which could be names that the admins reset due to breaking the rules, or dragons levelled unnamed.

https://www1.flightrising.com/search/dragons?page=1&sort=id_asc&name=unnamed&exalted=&progen=&breed=&bodygene=&winggene=&tertgene=&gender=&body=&wings=&tert=&element=&body_range=&wings_range=&tert_range=&age=&rtb=&gen1=&pattern=&id_length=&level_min=2&level_max=25&eyetype=&hibernal_cooldown_status=&ancient=&named=0&hibernal=&silhouette_unlocked=&sort=id_asc&page=1

ETA: Looks like only 10 or so of those would be from the time period that it might have been possible
I do support this because I have multiple dragons who are Unnamed and I want to stay that way, but also I want to level.

There are 152 Unnamed but leveled dragons, which could be names that the admins reset due to breaking the rules, or dragons levelled unnamed.

https://www1.flightrising.com/search/dragons?page=1&sort=id_asc&name=unnamed&exalted=&progen=&breed=&bodygene=&winggene=&tertgene=&gender=&body=&wings=&tert=&element=&body_range=&wings_range=&tert_range=&age=&rtb=&gen1=&pattern=&id_length=&level_min=2&level_max=25&eyetype=&hibernal_cooldown_status=&ancient=&named=0&hibernal=&silhouette_unlocked=&sort=id_asc&page=1

ETA: Looks like only 10 or so of those would be from the time period that it might have been possible
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Can't recall if I've commented in this before, but I would like to say I support this. I previously had an unnamed dragon for lore reasons that I ended up leveling to 25 but named it 'nameless'. It may not seem like a big difference since they mean the same thing, but it gives off a different feeling than having it as 'unnamed'. It's like if you want to replace a dragon with a similar one, but the sentimental value of it not being the original prevents you from doing so.

As for the exalting piece to it, it's far easier to pick up named dragons than unnamed ones because of them needing to be named before putting them in the coli. It's why I name all my fodder as a curtesy, to save them the time it takes to name a dragon. Sure it's only a few seconds, but that can add up if you're minutes away from the end of a push and need to send out as many dragons as possible.

Final point, I've always found lists that match neater and more appealing to look at than ones with tons of different names if the dragon has to have a list at all. I do wonder why people dislike unnamed in the first place. Is it just because it seems like they weren't loved or cared for, or it's just a distasteful name to some? Did scroll a few pages of the thread but either missed or haven't seen a plain reason, and I want to better understand why people are against this.
Can't recall if I've commented in this before, but I would like to say I support this. I previously had an unnamed dragon for lore reasons that I ended up leveling to 25 but named it 'nameless'. It may not seem like a big difference since they mean the same thing, but it gives off a different feeling than having it as 'unnamed'. It's like if you want to replace a dragon with a similar one, but the sentimental value of it not being the original prevents you from doing so.

As for the exalting piece to it, it's far easier to pick up named dragons than unnamed ones because of them needing to be named before putting them in the coli. It's why I name all my fodder as a curtesy, to save them the time it takes to name a dragon. Sure it's only a few seconds, but that can add up if you're minutes away from the end of a push and need to send out as many dragons as possible.

Final point, I've always found lists that match neater and more appealing to look at than ones with tons of different names if the dragon has to have a list at all. I do wonder why people dislike unnamed in the first place. Is it just because it seems like they weren't loved or cared for, or it's just a distasteful name to some? Did scroll a few pages of the thread but either missed or haven't seen a plain reason, and I want to better understand why people are against this.
unicornponies_com.png
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 162 163