Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 162 163
No support.

It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary.
No support.

It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary.
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
Sorry about that!

I'll edit my previous message
Sorry about that!

I'll edit my previous message
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
I remember at one point I bred my dragons, someone named two of them Starstorm and it was just adorable. Webwing was not quite as cute, but still really cute. I think that training dragons you should be allowed to have them unnamed, one of my siblings just had a dragon who was unnamed and they wanted to train it, they could not think of a name for it so they had to name it randomly. It was a really pretty dragon, but it got named Kittencruncher!!!!! They ended up exalting it because they could not afford a renaming scroll and didn't want to have a dragon named Kittencruncher.

(yep this is kinda random but still)
I remember at one point I bred my dragons, someone named two of them Starstorm and it was just adorable. Webwing was not quite as cute, but still really cute. I think that training dragons you should be allowed to have them unnamed, one of my siblings just had a dragon who was unnamed and they wanted to train it, they could not think of a name for it so they had to name it randomly. It was a really pretty dragon, but it got named Kittencruncher!!!!! They ended up exalting it because they could not afford a renaming scroll and didn't want to have a dragon named Kittencruncher.

(yep this is kinda random but still)
As much as it pains me to say this... Support.

I find exalting Unnamed dragons to be somewhat distasteful (even for lore purposes, I would sooner see a dragon named "Nameless," "Unknown," etc.—as a kind of courtesy to the person who bred them, to show that you put thought into that dragon)....

However.

The scale (the "dragon" scale, heh) has already tilted too far towards a culture of allowing and supporting Unnamed dragons that this last hold-out feels less like a meaningful lore restriction and more like an artificial inconvenience. Heck, I've already seen (as others in this thread have mentioned) my sold dragons go perpetually Unnamed in abandoned lairs, so there's already zero reason for me to not give my hatchlings pleasing names before sending them out into the wilds of the Auction House.

In terms of my experience playing the game, this changes nothing—and I think the same is true for others who feel as I do. We have to fight our instinct to dig our heels in on this issue; we're ultimately just being dogs in the manger about it.

(P.S. I've realized my own bigger issue is less "Unnamed" and more the visual of a line of repeated names in a dragon's lineage! It means I now vary my default exalt fodder name when I see I've picked up siblings, though who knows if anyone but me appreciates that.)
As much as it pains me to say this... Support.

I find exalting Unnamed dragons to be somewhat distasteful (even for lore purposes, I would sooner see a dragon named "Nameless," "Unknown," etc.—as a kind of courtesy to the person who bred them, to show that you put thought into that dragon)....

However.

The scale (the "dragon" scale, heh) has already tilted too far towards a culture of allowing and supporting Unnamed dragons that this last hold-out feels less like a meaningful lore restriction and more like an artificial inconvenience. Heck, I've already seen (as others in this thread have mentioned) my sold dragons go perpetually Unnamed in abandoned lairs, so there's already zero reason for me to not give my hatchlings pleasing names before sending them out into the wilds of the Auction House.

In terms of my experience playing the game, this changes nothing—and I think the same is true for others who feel as I do. We have to fight our instinct to dig our heels in on this issue; we're ultimately just being dogs in the manger about it.

(P.S. I've realized my own bigger issue is less "Unnamed" and more the visual of a line of repeated names in a dragon's lineage! It means I now vary my default exalt fodder name when I see I've picked up siblings, though who knows if anyone but me appreciates that.)
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
[quote name="SilverSong92" date="2020-10-03 05:03:44" ] No support. It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary. [/quote] What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57994479]here[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57503658]here[/url] if anyone's curious. Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage. So, [b]support[/b].
SilverSong92 wrote on 2020-10-03 05:03:44:
No support.

What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. here and here if anyone's curious.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage.
So, support.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
[quote name="YuriLeclerc" date="2020-10-08 15:41:17" ] [quote name="SilverSong92" date="2020-10-03 05:03:44" ] No support. It really doesn’t take much work to name a dragon, and I feel like this would just be unnecessary. [/quote] What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57994479]here[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57503658]here[/url] if anyone's curious. Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage. So, [b]support[/b]. [/quote] If you want to train a dragon, then why don't you just name it? There's even a randomizer button right there if you don't know what to name it and an item to rename your dragon if you decide you don't like it later. You [i]can[/i] train your dragon to level 25 before you decide on a name for it, so don't complain that you can't. You can. You just choose not to. I believe that allowing unnamed to be able to be trained will just make the problem people have with unnamed bigger and worse than it is currently, and so is categorically not-worth-it to change the current rule. I think that this rule makes things fair for everyone: there are approximately equal parts of unhappiness on both sides (one side wants full control over their dragons' offspring lists but cannot have it, and the other side has a few limitations on the names they can use for their dragon). Every dragon can be trained, even those that are so-importantly unnamed for lore reasons. I have two unnamed dragons for lore, myself. One of them is a level 5. I also think that everyone should know that if you don't want Unnamed dragons on your offspring list, [i]then name them before you sell them[/i]. As pointed out, it's equally as simple for someone selling their dragons' offspring to name them as it is for someone who wants to train a dragon they bought. There's a button for that. Use it. But being able to use unnamed in the coliseum is unnecessary and will make an already annoying problem worse.
YuriLeclerc wrote on 2020-10-08 15:41:17:
SilverSong92 wrote on 2020-10-03 05:03:44:
No support.

What if I want to level a dragon to lvl 25 without coming up with a name first? I have 2 gen1 dragons I want to get to max level and I just cant decide on a name for them because they're a pair. here and here if anyone's curious.
Sometimes it's hard to come up with a name for a dragon, especially when you want them to be meaningful but still want them to be max level and don't want to take too long to do it. Besides, if it doesn't take too much work to name a dragon, why don't you do it yourself before selling them? There's a randomizer button right there. Do it yourself or don't complain about what people are doing with your dragon's lineage.
So, support.
If you want to train a dragon, then why don't you just name it? There's even a randomizer button right there if you don't know what to name it and an item to rename your dragon if you decide you don't like it later. You can train your dragon to level 25 before you decide on a name for it, so don't complain that you can't. You can. You just choose not to.

I believe that allowing unnamed to be able to be trained will just make the problem people have with unnamed bigger and worse than it is currently, and so is categorically not-worth-it to change the current rule. I think that this rule makes things fair for everyone: there are approximately equal parts of unhappiness on both sides (one side wants full control over their dragons' offspring lists but cannot have it, and the other side has a few limitations on the names they can use for their dragon). Every dragon can be trained, even those that are so-importantly unnamed for lore reasons. I have two unnamed dragons for lore, myself. One of them is a level 5.

I also think that everyone should know that if you don't want Unnamed dragons on your offspring list, then name them before you sell them. As pointed out, it's equally as simple for someone selling their dragons' offspring to name them as it is for someone who wants to train a dragon they bought. There's a button for that. Use it.

But being able to use unnamed in the coliseum is unnecessary and will make an already annoying problem worse.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
No support, sorry. People would just exalt them unnamed which would just make more people unhappy. And it literally takes 10 seconds max to hit the randomizer, if you include the page reset.
No support, sorry. People would just exalt them unnamed which would just make more people unhappy. And it literally takes 10 seconds max to hit the randomizer, if you include the page reset.
vigilo_wallpaper2png.png
Is there a technical reason for unnamed dragons being unable to train in the Coli? Do we know why this was made the rule in the first place?
Is there a technical reason for unnamed dragons being unable to train in the Coli? Do we know why this was made the rule in the first place?
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="@LuminAgricola" date="2020-10-08 23:55:43" ] Is there a technical reason for unnamed dragons being unable to train in the Coli? Do we know why this was made the rule in the first place? [/quote] No, and honestly, I don't even know if it was always this way or if it was changed to be this way. I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't. there are a lot of theories about it, but no actual proof, nor reasoning from the admins themselves. I will say (and this is one of the theories that people have had) it seems unlikely to me that it has anything to do with admins disliking unnamed dragons or unnamed exalts, because they could have changed other areas to make it so you couldn't use unnamed there (or exalt unnamed) just as easily or that you had to name a dragon at hatching or at any point etc... My personal theory (well, I have two) is that either the old coliseum had a technical reason for unnamed not being allowed, and they just ported that technical reason over to the new coliseum for whatever reason (or just didn't think to change it) or it was done this way because of complaints about unnamed exalts. However, the second hinges on the idea that unnamed, at one time, WERE allowed to train in the coliseum, which I do not know if it is true or not. I wasn't here at the time, and I am pretty sure that by the time I joined, Unnamed weren't allowed in the coliseum.
@LuminAgricola wrote on 2020-10-08 23:55:43:
No, and honestly, I don't even know if it was always this way or if it was changed to be this way.

I have seen some people who said that it had been changed, but others say it wasn't.

there are a lot of theories about it, but no actual proof, nor reasoning from the admins themselves.

I will say (and this is one of the theories that people have had) it seems unlikely to me that it has anything to do with admins disliking unnamed dragons or unnamed exalts, because they could have changed other areas to make it so you couldn't use unnamed there (or exalt unnamed) just as easily or that you had to name a dragon at hatching or at any point etc...

My personal theory (well, I have two) is that either the old coliseum had a technical reason for unnamed not being allowed, and they just ported that technical reason over to the new coliseum for whatever reason (or just didn't think to change it) or it was done this way because of complaints about unnamed exalts.

However, the second hinges on the idea that unnamed, at one time, WERE allowed to train in the coliseum, which I do not know if it is true or not. I wasn't here at the time, and I am pretty sure that by the time I joined, Unnamed weren't allowed in the coliseum.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. You want to train a dragon to 25 before naming it name it Anon and then change it when you get to 25. The renaming scrolls cost pennies and clicking random isn't life or death in a dom battle. In fact considering how dissatisfied people are with the dom mechanics as they are I'm not sure why people care so much about any time lost naming in a dom battle.

I don't like unnamed visible on an offspring list and that includes on adult dragons that I buy that have been already bred. I can name my own offspring but I can't name other people's so allowing unnamed into coli would only add to that.
No support. You want to train a dragon to 25 before naming it name it Anon and then change it when you get to 25. The renaming scrolls cost pennies and clicking random isn't life or death in a dom battle. In fact considering how dissatisfied people are with the dom mechanics as they are I'm not sure why people care so much about any time lost naming in a dom battle.

I don't like unnamed visible on an offspring list and that includes on adult dragons that I buy that have been already bred. I can name my own offspring but I can't name other people's so allowing unnamed into coli would only add to that.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 162 163