Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 162 163
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 11:21:28" ] @/HolyShipper In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less. [/quote] -Dragons are not people. They are little pixels. They have no need to be personified. -If it’s your offspring list, you can control any future Unnnameds. If it’s other people’s lists, it’s none of your business. - If the person who sold them couldn’t care less, then why does it matter that the dragon should be named? Like you said - no one could care less. Not the Breeder, not the trainer.
pfvupl wrote on 2020-09-18 11:21:28:
@/HolyShipper

In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less.

-Dragons are not people. They are little pixels. They have no need to be personified.
-If it’s your offspring list, you can control any future Unnnameds. If it’s other people’s lists, it’s none of your business.
- If the person who sold them couldn’t care less, then why does it matter that the dragon should be named? Like you said - no one could care less. Not the Breeder, not the trainer.
@Pfvupl I would argue that the player that exalts the dragon DOES own them, which would be further made clear by having a way for the exalter to view their own exalted dragons, because A. players can get dragons back that they exalted (albeit in a limited way) and B. dragons change who they are exalted to if the exalter changes flights. And still, [quote]To use your words: you can't have it both ways. You can't sell your dragon, yet still retain ownership of it. [/quote] If you sell that dragon, you lose ownership of that dragon. Once I buy that dragon, I gain ownership of that dragon.
@Pfvupl

I would argue that the player that exalts the dragon DOES own them, which would be further made clear by having a way for the exalter to view their own exalted dragons, because A. players can get dragons back that they exalted (albeit in a limited way) and B. dragons change who they are exalted to if the exalter changes flights.

And still,
Quote:
To use your words: you can't have it both ways. You can't sell your dragon, yet still retain ownership of it.

If you sell that dragon, you lose ownership of that dragon. Once I buy that dragon, I gain ownership of that dragon.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="@pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 11:21:28" ] I suppose I see your point, too. [b]I think of exalters as scooping up my dragons, naming them "Pooh"[/b] or not naming them at all, treating them like trash, it would seem super unlikely that their exaltation would be part of their clan lore or anything. But I guess it happens. In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, [b]I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names[/b] when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less. [/quote] Glad we could at least agree on one thing! I think that if you don't want to see Unnamed - or any other name you don't find pleasant - that you should name your dragons before selling them. This won't %100 prevent unpleasant names, but it will at least prevent Unnameds. Also, the fact that trainers have to go through naming dragons is the exact cause why you have 5 Pooh's in a row in a pair's list. Naming them individually takes time, and sometimes people will just prefer to copy&paste one name over and over, rather than using the random generator.
@pfvupl wrote on 2020-09-18 11:21:28:

I suppose I see your point, too. I think of exalters as scooping up my dragons, naming them "Pooh" or not naming them at all, treating them like trash, it would seem super unlikely that their exaltation would be part of their clan lore or anything. But I guess it happens.

In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less.

Glad we could at least agree on one thing!

I think that if you don't want to see Unnamed - or any other name you don't find pleasant - that you should name your dragons before selling them. This won't %100 prevent unpleasant names, but it will at least prevent Unnameds.

Also, the fact that trainers have to go through naming dragons is the exact cause why you have 5 Pooh's in a row in a pair's list. Naming them individually takes time, and sometimes people will just prefer to copy&paste one name over and over, rather than using the random generator.
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
[quote name="DethJackal" date="2020-09-18 11:25:40" ] [quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 11:21:28" ] HolyShipper In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less. [/quote] -Dragons are not people. They are little pixels. They have no need to be personified. -If it’s your offspring list, you can control any future Unnnameds. If it’s other people’s lists, it’s none of your business. - If the person who sold them couldn’t care less, then why does it matter that the dragon should be named? Like you said - no one could care less. Not the Breeder, not the trainer. [/quote] Also, it is highly unlikely that if you name your dragon, exalters are going to buy your dragons and then rename them to something like unnnammed or whatever. Not if they are planning on training and exalting that dragon. As the last point says, if you care that much about your offspring list, simply name the dragon before it sells, and the dragons you sell won't ever be able to be trained unnamed and exalted. As I pointed out above, chances are highly unlikely that there would be a huge increase in people buying dragons and renaming them to unnamed variations then exalt them. Since Unnamed cannot be used to rename a dragon, they CANNOT rename that dragon to 'unnamed' and then train and exalt it, and, as per above, again, it is highly unlikely the site would see a huge increase in people doing it. Would this mean an increase in exalted unnamed dragons? probably, because some people either don't realize that they should name if they care (and I wish there was some part of the tutorial that covered selling dragons and what the seller should do if they care about their offspring lists), or, despite everything that has been said on this subject through the years, they still refuse to name the dragon before they sell it. (this only applies to people who care about their offspring lists. Some players sell dragons unnamed because they simply don't care, and that is fine)
DethJackal wrote on 2020-09-18 11:25:40:
HolyShipper

-Dragons are not people. They are little pixels. They have no need to be personified.
-If it’s your offspring list, you can control any future Unnnameds. If it’s other people’s lists, it’s none of your business.
- If the person who sold them couldn’t care less, then why does it matter that the dragon should be named? Like you said - no one could care less. Not the Breeder, not the trainer.
Also, it is highly unlikely that if you name your dragon, exalters are going to buy your dragons and then rename them to something like unnnammed or whatever. Not if they are planning on training and exalting that dragon.

As the last point says, if you care that much about your offspring list, simply name the dragon before it sells, and the dragons you sell won't ever be able to be trained unnamed and exalted. As I pointed out above, chances are highly unlikely that there would be a huge increase in people buying dragons and renaming them to unnamed variations then exalt them. Since Unnamed cannot be used to rename a dragon, they CANNOT rename that dragon to 'unnamed' and then train and exalt it, and, as per above, again, it is highly unlikely the site would see a huge increase in people doing it.

Would this mean an increase in exalted unnamed dragons? probably, because some people either don't realize that they should name if they care (and I wish there was some part of the tutorial that covered selling dragons and what the seller should do if they care about their offspring lists), or, despite everything that has been said on this subject through the years, they still refuse to name the dragon before they sell it. (this only applies to people who care about their offspring lists. Some players sell dragons unnamed because they simply don't care, and that is fine)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Honestly I recommend people name their dragons. When I used to sell dragons to exalters I used to name them Lamborghini for lore reasons. Because I used to buy dragons in mass whole families would end up named Lamborghini. Sounds way worse than just having some unnamed.
I always name my hatchlings to avoid unnamed before selling them and I recommend other people do that.
Honestly I recommend people name their dragons. When I used to sell dragons to exalters I used to name them Lamborghini for lore reasons. Because I used to buy dragons in mass whole families would end up named Lamborghini. Sounds way worse than just having some unnamed.
I always name my hatchlings to avoid unnamed before selling them and I recommend other people do that.
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-09-18 11:21:28" ] @/HolyShipper I suppose I see your point, too. I think of exalters as scooping up my dragons, naming them "Pooh" or not naming them at all, treating them like trash, it would seem super unlikely that their exaltation would be part of their clan lore or anything. But I guess it happens. In general, though, the idea that this change would introduce more depersonification of dragons / more irritating Unnameds on offspring lists irks me, because I was plagued by it when starting out on the site, and at the same time, I think coli trainers should go through the rinse & repeat of giving dragons names when the person who sold them apparently couldn't care less. [/quote] The thing is, once you put that dragon on the auction house, you are effectively giving up all rights to it. You're saying "I don't want/can't keep this dragon, it is no longer mine, I am giving up all rights to it". Site tos literally says that you only own a specific dragon [i]if it is in your lair[/i]. It doesn't matter if you own the parents or any other relative, its [b][i]not[/i][/b] in your lair, [b][i]not[/i][/b] your dragon, [b][i]not[/i][/b] your say. You have the option to tailor your game experience how you'd like before you give up the rights to that dragon. We who wish to train unnamed cant play as we wish even though we actually own the dragon now. If the seller cant be bothered to give them a name while they still own it, then neither should the trainer have to. Edit: apologies for ping HolyShipper, I forgot to edit it out at first. [emoji=gaoler sad size=1]
@/HolyShipper

I suppose I see your point, too. I think of exalters as scooping up my dragons, naming them "Pooh" or not naming them at all, treating them like trash, it would seem super unlikely that their exaltation would be part of their clan lore or anything. But I guess it happens.

The thing is, once you put that dragon on the auction house, you are effectively giving up all rights to it. You're saying "I don't want/can't keep this dragon, it is no longer mine, I am giving up all rights to it". Site tos literally says that you only own a specific dragon if it is in your lair. It doesn't matter if you own the parents or any other relative, its not in your lair, not your dragon, not your say. You have the option to tailor your game experience how you'd like before you give up the rights to that dragon. We who wish to train unnamed cant play as we wish even though we actually own the dragon now. If the seller cant be bothered to give them a name while they still own it, then neither should the trainer have to.

Edit: apologies for ping HolyShipper, I forgot to edit it out at first.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Mega support!
I sometimes leave dragons unnamed for years simply because I am uninspired, and would forget to rename them later otherwise if I gave them a placeholder. I want their names to be special or fitting if they don't come with one.
I know renaming scrolls are cheap, but ive already bought a ton of them to fix spelling errors and whatnot. If I leave a dragon unnamed theres usually a reason for it, and as someone who trains all permanent members, this leaves a chunk of my lair unable to be trained.

Also I got a 6 year old unnamed dragon in a swap thread, and not only do I think that is extremely impressive, but she has to be left out of my lair goal (every dragon trained) because I want her lore to incorporate those 6+ years of being unnamed. I dont want to name her at all, she's a permanent addition to my lair and I just think she's the coolest thing. Its kindof upsetting I cant use her in the coli simply because she didn't 'adopt' a name.

While I dont like dragons having unnamed in the offspring list, what the person who purchases that dragon from you does with it is out of your control, thats something you agree to by selling instead of exalting or keeping. Ive started naming hatchlings before I sell them to avoid that, if I cant think of something there's the randomize button which has a lot of options, or I use a theme.

I just dont see a reason they shouldn't be allowed in the coli unnamed. Everyone plays the game differently with different goals, and not allowing them is weirdly restrictive imo.
Mega support!
I sometimes leave dragons unnamed for years simply because I am uninspired, and would forget to rename them later otherwise if I gave them a placeholder. I want their names to be special or fitting if they don't come with one.
I know renaming scrolls are cheap, but ive already bought a ton of them to fix spelling errors and whatnot. If I leave a dragon unnamed theres usually a reason for it, and as someone who trains all permanent members, this leaves a chunk of my lair unable to be trained.

Also I got a 6 year old unnamed dragon in a swap thread, and not only do I think that is extremely impressive, but she has to be left out of my lair goal (every dragon trained) because I want her lore to incorporate those 6+ years of being unnamed. I dont want to name her at all, she's a permanent addition to my lair and I just think she's the coolest thing. Its kindof upsetting I cant use her in the coli simply because she didn't 'adopt' a name.

While I dont like dragons having unnamed in the offspring list, what the person who purchases that dragon from you does with it is out of your control, thats something you agree to by selling instead of exalting or keeping. Ive started naming hatchlings before I sell them to avoid that, if I cant think of something there's the randomize button which has a lot of options, or I use a theme.

I just dont see a reason they shouldn't be allowed in the coli unnamed. Everyone plays the game differently with different goals, and not allowing them is weirdly restrictive imo.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
casually names ALL my fodder experiment because I don't even care (actually for theme purposes but sshh)

Let people have unnamed in coliseum

casually names ALL my fodder experiment because I don't even care (actually for theme purposes but sshh)

Let people have unnamed in coliseum

SOOO MUCH SUPPPORT!!!!
I may not be a person who would ever exalt unnamed, but I still get super mad that we can’t train them unnamed. Like, seriously, I have a dragon whose lore is BUILT around being unnamed. Tho Experiment is a good name for fodder @Entrapta

I still can’t think of any fodder names so they’re randomly named and then they get confused with dragons who I am keeping. It gets annoying.

I think I’ll just name all of ‘em Water or Katara (yes from avatar) and just yeet throw them all in the Coli and then onto those pedestal thingies
SOOO MUCH SUPPPORT!!!!
I may not be a person who would ever exalt unnamed, but I still get super mad that we can’t train them unnamed. Like, seriously, I have a dragon whose lore is BUILT around being unnamed. Tho Experiment is a good name for fodder @Entrapta

I still can’t think of any fodder names so they’re randomly named and then they get confused with dragons who I am keeping. It gets annoying.

I think I’ll just name all of ‘em Water or Katara (yes from avatar) and just yeet throw them all in the Coli and then onto those pedestal thingies
support
support
(My adoption center) I love to draw dragons!
My art shopand dress them]
1 2 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 162 163