Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New species/breed] Gaerd (2016 art)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 95 96
@Ymedron
Ohh, looking good. I haven't seen any dragon designs for Ashfall Waste's area before. I'm a bit curious about this dragons' name, where does word "Gaerd" come from?
@Ymedron
Ohh, looking good. I haven't seen any dragon designs for Ashfall Waste's area before. I'm a bit curious about this dragons' name, where does word "Gaerd" come from?
8wF4Uc8.png
@Ikunoche It's basically a corruption of the end for Jörmungandr. (Gandr -> Gaerd)
Part of it was because I kept misremembering the actual name for the world-snake, part of it was kind of a similar riff to Coatls (other names I considered were Plated Wurm, Burrower, some kind of a corruption of Sarlaac for lullers... but they didn't feel fitting)
and part of it was a reference to the garter snake.

I thought the Ashfall wastes would be suitably calm and fit with a big swimming/burrowing dragon. c:
I was also considering the shadow and earth flight regions, but considering how snappers are already in earth and it's hard to imagine a big fat dragon species developing there.

(Though I must admit I didn't really reference Flamecaller very much with the design..!)
@Ikunoche It's basically a corruption of the end for Jörmungandr. (Gandr -> Gaerd)
Part of it was because I kept misremembering the actual name for the world-snake, part of it was kind of a similar riff to Coatls (other names I considered were Plated Wurm, Burrower, some kind of a corruption of Sarlaac for lullers... but they didn't feel fitting)
and part of it was a reference to the garter snake.

I thought the Ashfall wastes would be suitably calm and fit with a big swimming/burrowing dragon. c:
I was also considering the shadow and earth flight regions, but considering how snappers are already in earth and it's hard to imagine a big fat dragon species developing there.

(Though I must admit I didn't really reference Flamecaller very much with the design..!)
My tumblr|My art-gallery|My dA
I'll have no less than 20 little lumps of lizard, pls.
I'll have no less than 20 little lumps of lizard, pls.
I like these! Always nice to see some different concepts. :)
I like these! Always nice to see some different concepts. :)
Oh I saw this one on tumblr
Support!
Oh I saw this one on tumblr
Support!
ZLjkWvE.png2yteUZv.png
I wouldn't mind a pair of these. Or 3. Support :)
I wouldn't mind a pair of these. Or 3. Support :)
I may not respond due to real life duties, but I'm willing to breed any of my breeding pairs on request, pm me and we can negotiate the details.
Wow! They're adorable!!! I want them! :D
Wow! They're adorable!!! I want them! :D

» She/Her | FR + 3
» Nature Dom Team
» Pings encouraged!
» Discord: myrtana.
»'Wishlist'|'AvatarxDragon
- - - - - Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
-
-
-
@Ymedron If you changed up the design a bit, they could probably fit really well in the shadow. Burrowers don't like the sun.
@Ymedron If you changed up the design a bit, they could probably fit really well in the shadow. Burrowers don't like the sun.
In regard to new breed swap threads: if you decline my offer and I make the same offer later, please know I've legit forgotten I made the offer already and I'm sorry for bothering you twice. I have a garbage memory.
@Clash I imagine if they were thinner and more active looking... aka more spiral like... Or if they were splurting slime all over alá Shadowbinder. But then I wouldn't really like them anymore.

I guess the problem is that the design I came up hits all the design spots I really want to hit, what with the pudgy serpent body, tiny piddly legs and chunky head.
@Clash I imagine if they were thinner and more active looking... aka more spiral like... Or if they were splurting slime all over alá Shadowbinder. But then I wouldn't really like them anymore.

I guess the problem is that the design I came up hits all the design spots I really want to hit, what with the pudgy serpent body, tiny piddly legs and chunky head.
My tumblr|My art-gallery|My dA
Yessssssss. I want these, very very very much :'D
Yessssssss. I want these, very very very much :'D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 95 96