Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1/1 with Lynxez
1 2 3
Gem was sitting down beside a stream looking in at the water as she was taking a break from training today just to have a little day out among the town and had decided to go to the woods to enjoy some more fresh air and just be alone a bit with her thoughts.
Though she hadn't forgotten what happened here a few months ago as she still wondered if Ricky was still trying to send people after her to capture her. Then there was the question of this Organization guy that kept following them around and that scare they had ran into at the park not to long ago. Things like this had her on edge ,but since joining a pack of escapes from the Organization she had been learning more about how to use weapons and defend herself against an attack if anything like that was to happen. She was happy now glad to be in a pack and away from her abusive parents and ex boyfriend. Who might not see her as an ex if he was still out to take her back against her will.

She dipped her feet in the water slightly and watched some of the fish swim by. It was the middle of winter technically ,but the weather was so messed up that it was warm and 60 out as well as bright and sunny out. Thankfully the trees provided enough shade not to get to hot from the sun.

https://toyhou.se/19034559.gem

@Lynxez I'm subbed
Gem was sitting down beside a stream looking in at the water as she was taking a break from training today just to have a little day out among the town and had decided to go to the woods to enjoy some more fresh air and just be alone a bit with her thoughts.
Though she hadn't forgotten what happened here a few months ago as she still wondered if Ricky was still trying to send people after her to capture her. Then there was the question of this Organization guy that kept following them around and that scare they had ran into at the park not to long ago. Things like this had her on edge ,but since joining a pack of escapes from the Organization she had been learning more about how to use weapons and defend herself against an attack if anything like that was to happen. She was happy now glad to be in a pack and away from her abusive parents and ex boyfriend. Who might not see her as an ex if he was still out to take her back against her will.

She dipped her feet in the water slightly and watched some of the fish swim by. It was the middle of winter technically ,but the weather was so messed up that it was warm and 60 out as well as bright and sunny out. Thankfully the trees provided enough shade not to get to hot from the sun.

https://toyhou.se/19034559.gem

@Lynxez I'm subbed
bOdoW5l.png
(I've also subbed now!)

Cascade's furry antennae twitched as he scanned his surroundings. He was new to the area, not entirely adjusted yet to this life. He had just moved from miles and miles away, starting afresh from his old life. Away from his parents, away from his old friends, so he could pursue a job he had wanted for ages. At least it was the phone age and he remotely kept in touch with them.

Cascade was walking along a lengthy boulevard lined with gorgeous trees and foliage; they thrived despite their odds of surviving in a season like this. The pavement scratched up his paw pads as he strolled around; he forgot to wear shoes that day. With his four eyes, his perception of things was pretty good-- the top set of his eyes looked to the right, and the bottom set searched to the left. To other creatures he had met in his life that had only two eyes, the thought of having binocular vision working differently in two sets of eyes seemed perplexing. To him, it was just normal.

Finally, he made it out of the boulevard. Despite the wintery season, snow could not be found anywhere in sight, nor could the chilling temperatures that usually accompanied that time of year. Then again, he reminded himself, he moved here from far away; it must just be typical here because of where it's located. As he was thinking about this, he saw a park and decided to go and look at it. Within it, he spotted this stream dotted with rocks and a brightly colored critter.

She was a species he had never seen before in his 21 years of living and meeting plenty of people. Curiosity sparked in his mind and he wandered a bit closer. His tail remained stagnant in the air and his ears were alert. He chooses not to engage her directly but decides to sit not too far along the stream, a distance from her but still noticeable. He wanted to say something but felt it would be awkward approaching a stranger like that. He fiddles with his fingers anxiously and stares down into the running cold water, hoping to catch wind of this intriguing person.

https://toyhou.se/19728450.cascade / https://refsheet.net/Lynxez/Cascade
(I've also subbed now!)

Cascade's furry antennae twitched as he scanned his surroundings. He was new to the area, not entirely adjusted yet to this life. He had just moved from miles and miles away, starting afresh from his old life. Away from his parents, away from his old friends, so he could pursue a job he had wanted for ages. At least it was the phone age and he remotely kept in touch with them.

Cascade was walking along a lengthy boulevard lined with gorgeous trees and foliage; they thrived despite their odds of surviving in a season like this. The pavement scratched up his paw pads as he strolled around; he forgot to wear shoes that day. With his four eyes, his perception of things was pretty good-- the top set of his eyes looked to the right, and the bottom set searched to the left. To other creatures he had met in his life that had only two eyes, the thought of having binocular vision working differently in two sets of eyes seemed perplexing. To him, it was just normal.

Finally, he made it out of the boulevard. Despite the wintery season, snow could not be found anywhere in sight, nor could the chilling temperatures that usually accompanied that time of year. Then again, he reminded himself, he moved here from far away; it must just be typical here because of where it's located. As he was thinking about this, he saw a park and decided to go and look at it. Within it, he spotted this stream dotted with rocks and a brightly colored critter.

She was a species he had never seen before in his 21 years of living and meeting plenty of people. Curiosity sparked in his mind and he wandered a bit closer. His tail remained stagnant in the air and his ears were alert. He chooses not to engage her directly but decides to sit not too far along the stream, a distance from her but still noticeable. He wanted to say something but felt it would be awkward approaching a stranger like that. He fiddles with his fingers anxiously and stares down into the running cold water, hoping to catch wind of this intriguing person.

https://toyhou.se/19728450.cascade / https://refsheet.net/Lynxez/Cascade
41.pngLynxez41.png
sh5xjiu.png 7nrEOpT.png pZJYyk4.png mlHpBMC.png Bt9KLea.png
Gem was hardly paying attention to her surroundings when she had caught the slight glimpse of a colorful character down the stream from her. Turning her head towards him she noticed it was a creature she hadn't seen before as he looked like a canine or cat like creature with antennae's and was some very beautiful colors.

She turned her head back towards the water moving her feet in the water slightly as she debated on weather or not she should say hi as she still had trust issues with others. So she tried not to show how uneasy she felt around new people. She rubbed the back of her neck before she looked back towards him and decided she would go over to greet him. Her tail wrapping around her leg slightly as she made her way over. Glad for the unusually weather they was having for winter.
Gem was hardly paying attention to her surroundings when she had caught the slight glimpse of a colorful character down the stream from her. Turning her head towards him she noticed it was a creature she hadn't seen before as he looked like a canine or cat like creature with antennae's and was some very beautiful colors.

She turned her head back towards the water moving her feet in the water slightly as she debated on weather or not she should say hi as she still had trust issues with others. So she tried not to show how uneasy she felt around new people. She rubbed the back of her neck before she looked back towards him and decided she would go over to greet him. Her tail wrapping around her leg slightly as she made her way over. Glad for the unusually weather they was having for winter.
bOdoW5l.png
Just as he had hoped, Cascade noticed the movement of the brightly colored critter in his peripherals, and he glanced over. To him, she seemed confident, and he didn't notice that she was tense. His fluffy antennae twitched again. As she got closer, he tried to decipher quite what she was... maybe some kind of wolf hybrid like he is? He noticed some details in her that he hadn't before, such as the teeny pink horn adorning her nose and just how vibrant her markings are.

He then stops nervously fidgeting with his fingers and looks up at her. "Hello!" Cascade greets in a chill but ever so slightly apprehensive voice. He was easily fearful of social interactions, hence the twinge of suspicion in his tone, but she seemed harmless. He then awkwardly continued, still unsure how to start the conversation, "What's up?"
Just as he had hoped, Cascade noticed the movement of the brightly colored critter in his peripherals, and he glanced over. To him, she seemed confident, and he didn't notice that she was tense. His fluffy antennae twitched again. As she got closer, he tried to decipher quite what she was... maybe some kind of wolf hybrid like he is? He noticed some details in her that he hadn't before, such as the teeny pink horn adorning her nose and just how vibrant her markings are.

He then stops nervously fidgeting with his fingers and looks up at her. "Hello!" Cascade greets in a chill but ever so slightly apprehensive voice. He was easily fearful of social interactions, hence the twinge of suspicion in his tone, but she seemed harmless. He then awkwardly continued, still unsure how to start the conversation, "What's up?"
41.pngLynxez41.png
Gem got closer to him and stopped a few feet away as she smiled at him "Hello...I'm Gem it is nice to meet you . What is your name ?" she asked him curiously as she admired he's coloring and whatever species he was .

She noticed that he seemed nervous with her walking over as he was fidgeting with he's fingers. She was unsure what else to say as she had so much thing son her mind she couldn't think of a full sentence yet because of it. However she was super interested in talking to him because of how he looked and wonder what type of person he was.
Gem got closer to him and stopped a few feet away as she smiled at him "Hello...I'm Gem it is nice to meet you . What is your name ?" she asked him curiously as she admired he's coloring and whatever species he was .

She noticed that he seemed nervous with her walking over as he was fidgeting with he's fingers. She was unsure what else to say as she had so much thing son her mind she couldn't think of a full sentence yet because of it. However she was super interested in talking to him because of how he looked and wonder what type of person he was.
bOdoW5l.png
Her tone was tranquil, and he eased up a little when he heard the peace in her voice and noticed her unthreatening body language. The tension in his shoulders and perked ears chilled. His tail dropped from its alert stance and lay itself on the grass and rock. "I'm Cascade... you?"

His head tilted as he awaited a response. This person seemed promising and he suddenly gained a smidgen of hope. He wished that maybe he could make his first friend in this vast town at a time that is quite unguided and confusing for him. Having someone local to talk to would make adjusting to this new area easier for him. At the thought of both this and at seeing her cordial-mannered smile, he returned it and grinned back at her.
Her tone was tranquil, and he eased up a little when he heard the peace in her voice and noticed her unthreatening body language. The tension in his shoulders and perked ears chilled. His tail dropped from its alert stance and lay itself on the grass and rock. "I'm Cascade... you?"

His head tilted as he awaited a response. This person seemed promising and he suddenly gained a smidgen of hope. He wished that maybe he could make his first friend in this vast town at a time that is quite unguided and confusing for him. Having someone local to talk to would make adjusting to this new area easier for him. At the thought of both this and at seeing her cordial-mannered smile, he returned it and grinned back at her.
41.pngLynxez41.png
(sorry for being mia been super tired lately and been trying to get on a good sleeping schedule for college.)

"Oh I already said it...it's Gem. It is nice to meet you Cascade " she said to him softly as she noticed he seemed to relax since she assumed he noticed she was none threating so eased up a bit.

"Out enjoying the nice weather?" she added to him as she chuckled "For winter at least...seems the weather is just so crazy and unpredictable now a days" she added "Warm enough for just shorts and a t-shirt ,but the water is still ice cold" she said motioning to the stream.
(sorry for being mia been super tired lately and been trying to get on a good sleeping schedule for college.)

"Oh I already said it...it's Gem. It is nice to meet you Cascade " she said to him softly as she noticed he seemed to relax since she assumed he noticed she was none threating so eased up a bit.

"Out enjoying the nice weather?" she added to him as she chuckled "For winter at least...seems the weather is just so crazy and unpredictable now a days" she added "Warm enough for just shorts and a t-shirt ,but the water is still ice cold" she said motioning to the stream.
bOdoW5l.png
(It's all good!)

"Yeah, the weather is pretty strange here. Not in a bad way, but I'm just not used to it. I also wasn't sure if that was usual here, 'cause I just moved to this town." Cascade's tail swished on the ground for a second, the tip of it falling into the ice-cold water. He jumped a little. "Jeez, you're right about the temperature of that water! I'm surprised it's still flowing. It seems like it'd have frozen up by now."

Cascade picks up the ends of his tail which now looks shrunken from the water. He wrings the water out and it lies behind him again. He shakes his fur so as to fluff out his tail once more.
(It's all good!)

"Yeah, the weather is pretty strange here. Not in a bad way, but I'm just not used to it. I also wasn't sure if that was usual here, 'cause I just moved to this town." Cascade's tail swished on the ground for a second, the tip of it falling into the ice-cold water. He jumped a little. "Jeez, you're right about the temperature of that water! I'm surprised it's still flowing. It seems like it'd have frozen up by now."

Cascade picks up the ends of his tail which now looks shrunken from the water. He wrings the water out and it lies behind him again. He shakes his fur so as to fluff out his tail once more.
41.pngLynxez41.png
She chuckled at him when he had swished he's tail the end of it catching the water when it fell in "Yeah...sure is cold..and yeah it is unusually I guess sometimes the weather here can be extremely unpredictable...20 one day 60 to 80 the next...rain, hail, ice, snow...sunny cloudy stormy ....up down..hot cold....all that stuff " she said looking at him.

"..So...what are you doing out here in the woods...fresh air ?" she asked
She chuckled at him when he had swished he's tail the end of it catching the water when it fell in "Yeah...sure is cold..and yeah it is unusually I guess sometimes the weather here can be extremely unpredictable...20 one day 60 to 80 the next...rain, hail, ice, snow...sunny cloudy stormy ....up down..hot cold....all that stuff " she said looking at him.

"..So...what are you doing out here in the woods...fresh air ?" she asked
bOdoW5l.png
(Apologies for the late response, my computer has been having connection/wifi issues, but I forgot I could just log in to FR on my phone and respond that way... sorry I didn't think of it sooner lol)

"Yeah, partially that. It's also that I just finished unpacking boxes which took forever, so I'm glad to just explore now and spend a little time outside my house." Cascade twitched his antennae. "How about you? Similar reasons or something different?"
(Apologies for the late response, my computer has been having connection/wifi issues, but I forgot I could just log in to FR on my phone and respond that way... sorry I didn't think of it sooner lol)

"Yeah, partially that. It's also that I just finished unpacking boxes which took forever, so I'm glad to just explore now and spend a little time outside my house." Cascade twitched his antennae. "How about you? Similar reasons or something different?"
41.pngLynxez41.png
1 2 3