Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Summoning Rowan (1x1 w/ BFD)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 299 300
(alright alright alright

welcome to New Thread

@BFD666)
(alright alright alright

welcome to New Thread

@BFD666)
what if you pm'd me to be my friend? haha jk jk jk...
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
(omg New Thread

subbed!)
(omg New Thread

subbed!)
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

P9aWhak.png soseY8L.pngTl1dGxE.pngv2PJF9u.pngJvUa9ma.png
(New Thread!! hehe

also subbed!! are we ready to get this ball rolling)
(New Thread!! hehe

also subbed!! are we ready to get this ball rolling)
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
(heck yeah!!!)
(heck yeah!!!)
BFD or Butters! your local void entity and hollow knight fan, hmu if you want to scream about the Pale King and/or Lurien the Watcher

#1 Rezhong Enjoyer, Azhdaha deserved better :( let the sad rock dragon grandpas hold hands

(alright!!!! i’ll make a start post?)
(alright!!!! i’ll make a start post?)
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
(ok!!!)
(ok!!!)

(:D
)

It was supposed to have been a normal day. Things had been going normally.

Rowan didn’t know what happened.

Thinking back through everything that had led up to the present moment, he couldn’t think of anything out of the ordinary. He had woken up, gotten a cup of coffee from the cafeteria, and started on his task list for the day. The same as every day. A routine he could probably do in his sleep, that’s how rare it was that anything odd happened—aside from the occasional Impostor scare, but even that was basically routine at this point.

He had just finished fixing some of the wires near Admin for what must have been the hundredth time, and was heading in the direction of O2 to take some measurements when… something happened.

He blinked, and the spaceship was gone, replaced with an honest to god forest. He should have been millions of miles away from the nearest forest. The change had been so utterly staggering that he had stumbled midstep and fallen right to the ground—the soft, grassy ground, not the hard metal floor that had been there a half second prior.

He didn’t bother trying to get to his feet, instead opting to just squeeze his eyes shut behind his helmet visor, willing himself to take a few deep breaths and try and think clearly here. “You’re dreaming. Obviously. You fell asleep at the table this morning, and this is a dream, and when you open your eyes you’ll be back in the cafeteria like nothing had happened.”

Of course, when he opened his eyes, he was decidedly not back in the cafeteria, and he didn’t really feel like he was dreaming, either.

That was the moment he really started to panic.
(:D
)

It was supposed to have been a normal day. Things had been going normally.

Rowan didn’t know what happened.

Thinking back through everything that had led up to the present moment, he couldn’t think of anything out of the ordinary. He had woken up, gotten a cup of coffee from the cafeteria, and started on his task list for the day. The same as every day. A routine he could probably do in his sleep, that’s how rare it was that anything odd happened—aside from the occasional Impostor scare, but even that was basically routine at this point.

He had just finished fixing some of the wires near Admin for what must have been the hundredth time, and was heading in the direction of O2 to take some measurements when… something happened.

He blinked, and the spaceship was gone, replaced with an honest to god forest. He should have been millions of miles away from the nearest forest. The change had been so utterly staggering that he had stumbled midstep and fallen right to the ground—the soft, grassy ground, not the hard metal floor that had been there a half second prior.

He didn’t bother trying to get to his feet, instead opting to just squeeze his eyes shut behind his helmet visor, willing himself to take a few deep breaths and try and think clearly here. “You’re dreaming. Obviously. You fell asleep at the table this morning, and this is a dream, and when you open your eyes you’ll be back in the cafeteria like nothing had happened.”

Of course, when he opened his eyes, he was decidedly not back in the cafeteria, and he didn’t really feel like he was dreaming, either.

That was the moment he really started to panic.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
It was a normal day. Nothing strange was going to happen—or so Leonis thought.

He had woken up normally at the normal time, gotten a perfectly average breakfast of cheese, fruit, and coffee, and kissed his husband of two years goodbye.

Viscerion had gone to do Archmage things—Leonis wasn't quite clear on the specific flavor of duty his husband had today, though he hoped for everyone's sake no one had tried to rope him into tutoring their children again—and he had his own paperwork to do waiting on his desk.

So he'd gone and done that, and once he decided that he'd had enough, Leonis threw on something comfortable, tied his hair up, and headed out for a run.

His favorite spot was the forest near the castle. Leonis loved the nature around him—the smell of the trees and soil, the sounds of the birds and burbling brook, and the sight of green everywhere he looked. It was peaceful, and peaceful was exactly what he needed after hours of staring at papers.

Leonis hummed a little tune to himself as he ran—it was a song his mother used to sing to him when she put him to bed. He'd half-forgotten the words, it had been so long, but the melody was just as comforting as it always had been. He vaulted over a large log in his way and stopped, cutting off the song mid-note, and blinked at the oddly-dressed person just...lying in the dirt in front of him. He'd never seen clothes like that before.

...are they dead? He stepped forward, curiously tapping the helmet with his shoe. "Hello? Are you alive?"
It was a normal day. Nothing strange was going to happen—or so Leonis thought.

He had woken up normally at the normal time, gotten a perfectly average breakfast of cheese, fruit, and coffee, and kissed his husband of two years goodbye.

Viscerion had gone to do Archmage things—Leonis wasn't quite clear on the specific flavor of duty his husband had today, though he hoped for everyone's sake no one had tried to rope him into tutoring their children again—and he had his own paperwork to do waiting on his desk.

So he'd gone and done that, and once he decided that he'd had enough, Leonis threw on something comfortable, tied his hair up, and headed out for a run.

His favorite spot was the forest near the castle. Leonis loved the nature around him—the smell of the trees and soil, the sounds of the birds and burbling brook, and the sight of green everywhere he looked. It was peaceful, and peaceful was exactly what he needed after hours of staring at papers.

Leonis hummed a little tune to himself as he ran—it was a song his mother used to sing to him when she put him to bed. He'd half-forgotten the words, it had been so long, but the melody was just as comforting as it always had been. He vaulted over a large log in his way and stopped, cutting off the song mid-note, and blinked at the oddly-dressed person just...lying in the dirt in front of him. He'd never seen clothes like that before.

...are they dead? He stepped forward, curiously tapping the helmet with his shoe. "Hello? Are you alive?"

Rowan had been a little too caught up in trying not to hyperventilate to notice the person approaching him. In fact, he had gotten to a point where he was more or less focused entirely on trying to snap himself out of what he could only assume was some kind of incredibly vivid exhaustion-induced hallucination.

So, needless to say, the tapping on his helmet caught him quite off guard.

He yelped, scrambling backwards as best he could. He blinked up in alarm at this stranger, noting first that he was dressed… very very weirdly. Like he was cosplaying someone from a fantasy novel, or had just come from a renaissance faire.

He didn’t exactly have room in his panicked brain to work out that, so he let the thought go for the moment.

The second thing he noticed, and curse his sometimes one-track mind, was that this stranger was attractive.

He quickly swallowed that thought as well, deciding that that was not a helpful observation when he was still pretty sure he was hallucinating.

For a long moment, he was frozen like a deer in headlights, just staring up at the stranger. His breath was coming in sharp gasps, and he realized that he might be able to breathe better with his helmet off, and if he was hallucinating, the confined space probably wasn’t helping. He shakily reached up to pull it off, noting somewhat dimly in the back of his mind that if this was somehow an alien planet or something of the sort, this would be an objectively terrible idea.
Rowan had been a little too caught up in trying not to hyperventilate to notice the person approaching him. In fact, he had gotten to a point where he was more or less focused entirely on trying to snap himself out of what he could only assume was some kind of incredibly vivid exhaustion-induced hallucination.

So, needless to say, the tapping on his helmet caught him quite off guard.

He yelped, scrambling backwards as best he could. He blinked up in alarm at this stranger, noting first that he was dressed… very very weirdly. Like he was cosplaying someone from a fantasy novel, or had just come from a renaissance faire.

He didn’t exactly have room in his panicked brain to work out that, so he let the thought go for the moment.

The second thing he noticed, and curse his sometimes one-track mind, was that this stranger was attractive.

He quickly swallowed that thought as well, deciding that that was not a helpful observation when he was still pretty sure he was hallucinating.

For a long moment, he was frozen like a deer in headlights, just staring up at the stranger. His breath was coming in sharp gasps, and he realized that he might be able to breathe better with his helmet off, and if he was hallucinating, the confined space probably wasn’t helping. He shakily reached up to pull it off, noting somewhat dimly in the back of his mind that if this was somehow an alien planet or something of the sort, this would be an objectively terrible idea.
...unless?

they/any, +3 to FR time
Leonis curiously watched the stranger practically throw themselves backwards in response to his tap. "Well, that answers that question," he laughed, crouching down to better be on Rowan's level. "I'm sorry for startling you. I just wasn't sure if you were a corpse or not. A bit hard to tell underneath that strange helmet of yours, and—" He paused as the stranger took the helmet off. "Ah, so you do have a face!" He noted that the stranger also had red hair—same hair! his mind cheered—before also noting that the stranger was also apparently hyperventilating.

"Oh dear, alright, ah—" Leonis reached out to them, then froze. "Ah, may I touch you? How can I help?" Who this stranger was and how they'd gotten here could wait until they'd calmed down.
Leonis curiously watched the stranger practically throw themselves backwards in response to his tap. "Well, that answers that question," he laughed, crouching down to better be on Rowan's level. "I'm sorry for startling you. I just wasn't sure if you were a corpse or not. A bit hard to tell underneath that strange helmet of yours, and—" He paused as the stranger took the helmet off. "Ah, so you do have a face!" He noted that the stranger also had red hair—same hair! his mind cheered—before also noting that the stranger was also apparently hyperventilating.

"Oh dear, alright, ah—" Leonis reached out to them, then froze. "Ah, may I touch you? How can I help?" Who this stranger was and how they'd gotten here could wait until they'd calmed down.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 299 300