Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Beyond and Below
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Before Aurum had escaped, he had spent 3 months mapping out every building, alleyway, and tunnel that he knew of in the lower city, though more importantly, he had mapped out the places he should avoid. Though some places were marked because they actually were just dangerous, most were marked because of the people who lived in them. Devil's Grin was one of these people. Though he didn't know why at the time, they seemed to have a fight to pick with his father. They had never attacked his father directly-they were to smart for that-every few months a member of his organisation would go missing and would never return. Aurum remembered how mad this had driven his father, who had even gone looking for them himself with no luck. But now he was face to face with the Gareeni who had caused his father so much trouble over the last few years, exept unlike his father, he wanted nothing to do with them.
Aurum glared up at them, trying to act calm. "I know who you are, though I didn't know that my father had done that to your friend. I'm sorry. I am not loyal to my father, and I am most certainly not a murderer-" As he said the sentence, he felt his stomach sink, remembering the man he had killed. The defenseless, half dead man that he had killed to save his own skin. No. They were already half dead. If he hadn't killed them their injuries would of, and that would of been an even worse way to go. Not to mention that if he hadn't killed them, he would of been killed myself. He had to do it...right?
Almost as if they were calling his bluff, he felt Quinns tail blindly colliding with him, sending him flying into a wall. With a quiet "Ow.." he slowly got up, turning to face Quinn.
"Quinn, their an illusionist. Whatevers happening to you isn't real." He then turned towards Devil's Grin. "I am not a murderer. Just let us pass and I could do you a favor in return. Perhaps theres something you want to know about my father?" The lie stung to say, though what made it almost painful was the realization that the man he had killed could of been the ally Devil's Grin had just spoken of.
Before Aurum had escaped, he had spent 3 months mapping out every building, alleyway, and tunnel that he knew of in the lower city, though more importantly, he had mapped out the places he should avoid. Though some places were marked because they actually were just dangerous, most were marked because of the people who lived in them. Devil's Grin was one of these people. Though he didn't know why at the time, they seemed to have a fight to pick with his father. They had never attacked his father directly-they were to smart for that-every few months a member of his organisation would go missing and would never return. Aurum remembered how mad this had driven his father, who had even gone looking for them himself with no luck. But now he was face to face with the Gareeni who had caused his father so much trouble over the last few years, exept unlike his father, he wanted nothing to do with them.
Aurum glared up at them, trying to act calm. "I know who you are, though I didn't know that my father had done that to your friend. I'm sorry. I am not loyal to my father, and I am most certainly not a murderer-" As he said the sentence, he felt his stomach sink, remembering the man he had killed. The defenseless, half dead man that he had killed to save his own skin. No. They were already half dead. If he hadn't killed them their injuries would of, and that would of been an even worse way to go. Not to mention that if he hadn't killed them, he would of been killed myself. He had to do it...right?
Almost as if they were calling his bluff, he felt Quinns tail blindly colliding with him, sending him flying into a wall. With a quiet "Ow.." he slowly got up, turning to face Quinn.
"Quinn, their an illusionist. Whatevers happening to you isn't real." He then turned towards Devil's Grin. "I am not a murderer. Just let us pass and I could do you a favor in return. Perhaps theres something you want to know about my father?" The lie stung to say, though what made it almost painful was the realization that the man he had killed could of been the ally Devil's Grin had just spoken of.
Questionable turned to the sound of Aurum's voice, struggling to clear the illusion. He closed his eyes a few times and focused, trying to see only what was real. When he opened them again, he saw the alleyway, Devil's Grin now gone. He strode over to Aurum. Aurum, can you hear me?, came a voice that seemed to penetrate into Aurum's consciousness. I don't have time to explain, but it's me, Quinn. I need you to get on my back, now. We're not safe here. Questionable lowered his scaly head for Aurum to mount him, showing off his impressive teeth. Be sure to hold on tight. I wouldn't want you ending up a smear on the pavement below. With that, Questionable lept into the sky.
Questionable turned to the sound of Aurum's voice, struggling to clear the illusion. He closed his eyes a few times and focused, trying to see only what was real. When he opened them again, he saw the alleyway, Devil's Grin now gone. He strode over to Aurum. Aurum, can you hear me?, came a voice that seemed to penetrate into Aurum's consciousness. I don't have time to explain, but it's me, Quinn. I need you to get on my back, now. We're not safe here. Questionable lowered his scaly head for Aurum to mount him, showing off his impressive teeth. Be sure to hold on tight. I wouldn't want you ending up a smear on the pavement below. With that, Questionable lept into the sky.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Aurum turned his head to face Quinn. How could he do that? He had heard the stories of monsters having abilities almost as powerful as magic, though he had never heard of this. He would have to ask Quinn about it later, but for now it was better to focus on their escape. Aurum watched Quinn lower his head to the floor, with the realization that they were offering him a ride. Quickly jumping onto their back, Aurum gripped the wyverns neck tightly, closing his eyes tightly as they took off.
When he opened his eyes, he gasped. The lower city was no where near pretty, though the view truely was amazing. "Woah.." Though he knew Quinn couldn't hear him-the wind had quite literally blown his words away.
Aurum turned his head to face Quinn. How could he do that? He had heard the stories of monsters having abilities almost as powerful as magic, though he had never heard of this. He would have to ask Quinn about it later, but for now it was better to focus on their escape. Aurum watched Quinn lower his head to the floor, with the realization that they were offering him a ride. Quickly jumping onto their back, Aurum gripped the wyverns neck tightly, closing his eyes tightly as they took off.
When he opened his eyes, he gasped. The lower city was no where near pretty, though the view truely was amazing. "Woah.." Though he knew Quinn couldn't hear him-the wind had quite literally blown his words away.
What! how did that insufferable brat live. 'not a killer, not loyal to their father.' he knew they had lied, the sent of sweat increased, he heard him shuffle around, his heartbeat growing faster. What fools, they would be seen, and caught. He never thought he would break into the keep, but he may to get revenge for his brother.[emoji=treefrog size=1]
What! how did that insufferable brat live. 'not a killer, not loyal to their father.' he knew they had lied, the sent of sweat increased, he heard him shuffle around, his heartbeat growing faster. What fools, they would be seen, and caught. He never thought he would break into the keep, but he may to get revenge for his brother.
4Co921H.png
Soaring through the air felt great. In almost no time at all, they had passed into the cloudy expanse of the Middle City. While Questionable had never flown with a rider before, Aurum didn’t weigh much at all, so he was barely slowed down. They soared for awhile, dodging the many bridges in their way. Finally, they broke through the clouds, into the glory of the Upper City.

It was as if they were on an ocean of white, unbroken save for the massive, mirrored monoliths that rose from the mists below. Questionable circled around the largest one, the great Hightower. After a few seconds, he found what he was looking for and dove closer. Being careful not to drop Aurum, he landed next to a service door, clinging to the small ledges between the windows. He broke through it with little ease and slithered into the corridor behind it.

They were standing in a small, white hallway. At its end, was another door. As they were walking down the hallway, Questionable turned back into human form. “Listen,” he said, sounding a little bit awkward, “there are a few things you should know about life in the Upper City. You need to act like you’re better than everybody else, even if you’re talking to a member of the Council of Mages.” Then, Questionable pulled out a pair of sunglasses, handing them to Aurum. “Wear these, else your eyes will give you away.”
Soaring through the air felt great. In almost no time at all, they had passed into the cloudy expanse of the Middle City. While Questionable had never flown with a rider before, Aurum didn’t weigh much at all, so he was barely slowed down. They soared for awhile, dodging the many bridges in their way. Finally, they broke through the clouds, into the glory of the Upper City.

It was as if they were on an ocean of white, unbroken save for the massive, mirrored monoliths that rose from the mists below. Questionable circled around the largest one, the great Hightower. After a few seconds, he found what he was looking for and dove closer. Being careful not to drop Aurum, he landed next to a service door, clinging to the small ledges between the windows. He broke through it with little ease and slithered into the corridor behind it.

They were standing in a small, white hallway. At its end, was another door. As they were walking down the hallway, Questionable turned back into human form. “Listen,” he said, sounding a little bit awkward, “there are a few things you should know about life in the Upper City. You need to act like you’re better than everybody else, even if you’re talking to a member of the Council of Mages.” Then, Questionable pulled out a pair of sunglasses, handing them to Aurum. “Wear these, else your eyes will give you away.”
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
As they flew through the clouds Aurum couldn’t help but stare wide eyed at the middle city. It somewhat reminded him of the Lower City, though the dreary feeling was replaced with overall business. The diverse stalls gave it a warm, and almost welcoming look. He didn’t get a chance to look at the city long enough however, as Quinn flew through another layer of clouds, reavealing the Upper City. Aurums eyes darted around the beautiful architecture, nearly falling off Quinn’s back a few times when he wasn’t paying attention.
When they landed, Aurum quickly hopped down, nearly tripping before catching himself, and following Quinn through a hallway. As Quinn explained the Upper City life, Aurum nodded quickly, only giving a short “Uh huh.” And “Yep.” Every few seconds, deciding not to ask them what the Council of Mages was.
When presented with the Sunglasses however, is when he started to protest. “These people aren’t gonna know who I am. I doubt any of them even know what’s happening below them!” Though after a few minutes argument, it ended with him putting on the glasses, putting his own in his satchel with a few murmurs of annoyance.

(Accidentally deleted half of this while I was writing it so sorry about the wait. It’s really messy so expect me to edit it a bit over the never few days to fix my grammar/ spelling mistakes. And also maybe make it a bit more readable ig. )
As they flew through the clouds Aurum couldn’t help but stare wide eyed at the middle city. It somewhat reminded him of the Lower City, though the dreary feeling was replaced with overall business. The diverse stalls gave it a warm, and almost welcoming look. He didn’t get a chance to look at the city long enough however, as Quinn flew through another layer of clouds, reavealing the Upper City. Aurums eyes darted around the beautiful architecture, nearly falling off Quinn’s back a few times when he wasn’t paying attention.
When they landed, Aurum quickly hopped down, nearly tripping before catching himself, and following Quinn through a hallway. As Quinn explained the Upper City life, Aurum nodded quickly, only giving a short “Uh huh.” And “Yep.” Every few seconds, deciding not to ask them what the Council of Mages was.
When presented with the Sunglasses however, is when he started to protest. “These people aren’t gonna know who I am. I doubt any of them even know what’s happening below them!” Though after a few minutes argument, it ended with him putting on the glasses, putting his own in his satchel with a few murmurs of annoyance.

(Accidentally deleted half of this while I was writing it so sorry about the wait. It’s really messy so expect me to edit it a bit over the never few days to fix my grammar/ spelling mistakes. And also maybe make it a bit more readable ig. )
Sunglasses cant hide your sent, he knew this for a fact, because now he looked upon the first person he truly wished death. nobody noticed a sly illusionist passing by, rocketing up to the upper city, and their sent was strong up here among the posh perfumes of the noblemen. they walked into a garden, a truly lethal mistake. oddly, people did not notice the vines that wrapped up around Aurum, who should be more careful with his names, not even his new companion. Odd, he wondered where the wyvern went. In everyone else mind, he was still walking with the man who reeked of the lower city, no amount of screaming could save him. "now, now, fear not, I give you one more chance. Tell me the story of the one you have Murdered, and we shall see where we go from there.
Sunglasses cant hide your sent, he knew this for a fact, because now he looked upon the first person he truly wished death. nobody noticed a sly illusionist passing by, rocketing up to the upper city, and their sent was strong up here among the posh perfumes of the noblemen. they walked into a garden, a truly lethal mistake. oddly, people did not notice the vines that wrapped up around Aurum, who should be more careful with his names, not even his new companion. Odd, he wondered where the wyvern went. In everyone else mind, he was still walking with the man who reeked of the lower city, no amount of screaming could save him. "now, now, fear not, I give you one more chance. Tell me the story of the one you have Murdered, and we shall see where we go from there.
4Co921H.png
Questionable and Aurum stood out amongst the many rich people of the Upper City. Sure, Questionable was always well dressed, but not at all in the fashion of the extremely wealthy. Not to mention he always felt very paranoid, like Devil's Grin could be hiding anywhere. Still, for all his fear at being discovered, he could not help but feeling impressed at the magnificent architecture of Hightower; this place was the top of the world, and it almost felt like it wanted you to know that. As they walked, Questionable had a sure path in mind. It was no mistake when he wandered onto the lawns of one of the largest mansions in Hightower, and it was no mistake when he knocked on the door.

(I'm going to sleep now, bye.)
Questionable and Aurum stood out amongst the many rich people of the Upper City. Sure, Questionable was always well dressed, but not at all in the fashion of the extremely wealthy. Not to mention he always felt very paranoid, like Devil's Grin could be hiding anywhere. Still, for all his fear at being discovered, he could not help but feeling impressed at the magnificent architecture of Hightower; this place was the top of the world, and it almost felt like it wanted you to know that. As they walked, Questionable had a sure path in mind. It was no mistake when he wandered onto the lawns of one of the largest mansions in Hightower, and it was no mistake when he knocked on the door.

(I'm going to sleep now, bye.)
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Despite his sunglasses causing everything to take on a brownish hue, similar to that of the Lower City's, Aurum couldn't help but stare wide eyed at everything he saw, ignoring the people who turned to stare. When not focused with him however, he enjoyed listening to their odd conversations, mainly focused around "The Council of Mages" that Quinn had mentioned before.
He was just about to catch up to Quinn, perhaps to finally ask who these mages everyone seemed to be talking about even were, when he felt a vine climb up his leg, causing him to stumble. About to yell out, he felt yet another vine smother his voice, struggleing as he watched Quinn disapear into the crowd. Aurum turned around to stare at the people around him, who either seemed to be ignoring him, or couldn't see him...Aurum quickly turned back around, findly himself standing face to face with Devil's Grin.
Their words didn't enter his brain at first, he was to busy muttering It isn't real it isn't real, it isn't real.. to himself, trying to disperse the vines around him. Though the fact that he could feel them cutting off the circulation in one of his legs made the proccess way harder than it had been in the alleyway. It wasn't until they had reapeated the question that Aurum fnally realized what they were staying, his face slowly turning pale. He looked to stare them straight in the eyes, Aurum had the slight suspicition that the odd looking fox..thing could tell his lies from the truth, making his situation even worse than it had been before.
"The man I killed was already half dead..He would of died of his injuries anyways if I hadn't finished them off.." He started off slow, speaking carefully as to make sure he didn't mutter a single lie. "It was for the best though, bleeding to death would of been worse then me slitting his throat-" He had to stop, the memory making him shudder invoulentarily. Aurum quickly turned away, in hopes that his enemy would not notice his face. Aurum stared at the ground, remembering the way the mans death had taken place. It wasn't as quick as he had first remembered. He tried not to think about it, though the sight of the man as he drowned in his own blood even as just a memory, made him want to puke. Aurum froze. Bleeding to death would of been a better way to die. He had told a lie, and now he was going to pay for it.
Despite his sunglasses causing everything to take on a brownish hue, similar to that of the Lower City's, Aurum couldn't help but stare wide eyed at everything he saw, ignoring the people who turned to stare. When not focused with him however, he enjoyed listening to their odd conversations, mainly focused around "The Council of Mages" that Quinn had mentioned before.
He was just about to catch up to Quinn, perhaps to finally ask who these mages everyone seemed to be talking about even were, when he felt a vine climb up his leg, causing him to stumble. About to yell out, he felt yet another vine smother his voice, struggleing as he watched Quinn disapear into the crowd. Aurum turned around to stare at the people around him, who either seemed to be ignoring him, or couldn't see him...Aurum quickly turned back around, findly himself standing face to face with Devil's Grin.
Their words didn't enter his brain at first, he was to busy muttering It isn't real it isn't real, it isn't real.. to himself, trying to disperse the vines around him. Though the fact that he could feel them cutting off the circulation in one of his legs made the proccess way harder than it had been in the alleyway. It wasn't until they had reapeated the question that Aurum fnally realized what they were staying, his face slowly turning pale. He looked to stare them straight in the eyes, Aurum had the slight suspicition that the odd looking fox..thing could tell his lies from the truth, making his situation even worse than it had been before.
"The man I killed was already half dead..He would of died of his injuries anyways if I hadn't finished them off.." He started off slow, speaking carefully as to make sure he didn't mutter a single lie. "It was for the best though, bleeding to death would of been worse then me slitting his throat-" He had to stop, the memory making him shudder invoulentarily. Aurum quickly turned away, in hopes that his enemy would not notice his face. Aurum stared at the ground, remembering the way the mans death had taken place. It wasn't as quick as he had first remembered. He tried not to think about it, though the sight of the man as he drowned in his own blood even as just a memory, made him want to puke. Aurum froze. Bleeding to death would of been a better way to die. He had told a lie, and now he was going to pay for it.
just so you know, the vine is real, illusions cant make you feel things, second, you said the wrong information, I need to know WHO you killed, and why." He hated smiling at a time like this, it made everyone think he was insane. He glanced at the ring glowing faintly on his finger, all those years to make such a simple spell. " you are breathing quite loud, you know, it hurts my ears." (btw its fennec fox there is a difference. link to vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

In another part of the city, bombs went off, and a tower clasped into the wall protecting the city of New Oríen safe from the monsters outside. A group of figures in black cloaks were seen running away, but nobody followed them, no, they were staring at the monster coming in.
just so you know, the vine is real, illusions cant make you feel things, second, you said the wrong information, I need to know WHO you killed, and why." He hated smiling at a time like this, it made everyone think he was insane. He glanced at the ring glowing faintly on his finger, all those years to make such a simple spell. " you are breathing quite loud, you know, it hurts my ears." (btw its fennec fox there is a difference. link to vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

In another part of the city, bombs went off, and a tower clasped into the wall protecting the city of New Oríen safe from the monsters outside. A group of figures in black cloaks were seen running away, but nobody followed them, no, they were staring at the monster coming in.
4Co921H.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17