Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | arcane rp (OOC) (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
We could just pretend Vi is never bailed out, there's still tensions with zaun and pilt? that could work in our favor. I had an idea, maybe not the best. My character could be some sort of personal chef/assistant for the council and spy for Zaun?
We could just pretend Vi is never bailed out, there's still tensions with zaun and pilt? that could work in our favor. I had an idea, maybe not the best. My character could be some sort of personal chef/assistant for the council and spy for Zaun?
woomp

i have an art store click on my profile and look at my recent forums :3
Ooo, I like the chef/spy angle! That could actually be a really good doorway for the other characters to maybe slip into Piltover, if the plot calls for it.
Ooo, I like the chef/spy angle! That could actually be a really good doorway for the other characters to maybe slip into Piltover, if the plot calls for it.
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
I agree with straypunk - would be interesting to see!

I'm currently leaning towards making a character living in the sanctuary (lmk if that's the wrong name - I'm talking about the area centred around the tree which Ekko built) because I think it'd be fun to have a more rebellious character, possibly part of the firelights? I think it'd be cool but do let me know if stuff outside of the boarder Piltover and Zaun is a no-go
I agree with straypunk - would be interesting to see!

I'm currently leaning towards making a character living in the sanctuary (lmk if that's the wrong name - I'm talking about the area centred around the tree which Ekko built) because I think it'd be fun to have a more rebellious character, possibly part of the firelights? I think it'd be cool but do let me know if stuff outside of the boarder Piltover and Zaun is a no-go
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
While I haven’t fully decided on their appearance, I finally sat down and hammered out some basic details for this kiddo!
Also gonna make this post CD's official profile post, so I'll come back and edit this as I develop more stuff for 'em.
CLOAK & DAGGER
they/them

Quiet, Cryptic, Reserved, Lonely
Current; 17
Post-Timeskip; 21

Biography
Getting their start by dogging other, bigger threats’ footsteps to pick up scraps, Cloak & Dagger is essentially a street urchin turned messenger-assassin. While they primarily work for Silco, their loyalty is not exclusively tied to him and his people. Cloak & Dagger will work for just about anyone who can provide them a steady meal.

They’ve never been... afraid of getting their hands dirty, per-say. They would just prefer not to kill if they don’t have to. But if it’s necessary, to secure their survival, then it’s necessary. "Necessary" includes in-the-moment combat, and those long nights when food is scarce but someone is willing to provide it "for a price." Besides — if someone is paying them (real money!) to kill, then their target must be a bad person. Right?

They’re extremely good at deception, able to change their own voice, mimic others’, and are a talented ventriloquist — able to “throw” their voice in different directions. In combat, they’re able to make it seem like they’re more than one person by using various shadow puppets, speakers, and diversion tactics. They work alone most of the time, so their entire shtick is just stealthing, bluffing, and putting on a show with smoke and mirrors.

Trivia
  • Dislikes being called just "Cloak" or just "Dagger." Either call them their full name, or not at all, gosh-darn-it. Though, they have discovered that "CD" is an acceptable nickname.
  • Despite "dagger" being in their name, a dagger isn't CD's primary weapon. (They have one, they just use it as a last resort.) CD uses a wrist-mounted crossbow as their main weapon of choice.
  • They actually work best at long to medium range; they dislike getting up close and personal unless absolutely necessary. Their facade isn’t 100% fool-proof, especially at close range.
  • CD's primary objective in combat is to either run away or make the combat stop, in any way that they can. They rarely engage with anyone, and try to avoid fights whenever possible. For them to start a fight is unheard of.

Physical Appearance
(presently just rough notes until I get more a concrete idea. Presently in my head, they're just a vague shape of a person in a hooded cloak lol)
- shrimpy frame, but decently tall.
- mostly dark or black hued clothes & accessories, but the clothes themselves are very patchworky.
- hooded cloak.
- BELTS. So many belts & satchels & pouches & pockets.
- probably hides the lower half of their face with an over-the-nose scarf-mask.
- gloves.

Weapon & Equipment Notes
- neon light-contraptions with various interchangeable cutouts for shadow puppets.
- wrist-mounted crossbow; has various types of ammo, ranging from the usual sharp bolts, to smoke-bomb and flashbang-bolts.
- switchblade-style dagger
- smoke-pouch bombs; string tied around the pouch indicates the smoke color.

History Overview
(wip)
While I haven’t fully decided on their appearance, I finally sat down and hammered out some basic details for this kiddo!
Also gonna make this post CD's official profile post, so I'll come back and edit this as I develop more stuff for 'em.
CLOAK & DAGGER
they/them

Quiet, Cryptic, Reserved, Lonely
Current; 17
Post-Timeskip; 21

Biography
Getting their start by dogging other, bigger threats’ footsteps to pick up scraps, Cloak & Dagger is essentially a street urchin turned messenger-assassin. While they primarily work for Silco, their loyalty is not exclusively tied to him and his people. Cloak & Dagger will work for just about anyone who can provide them a steady meal.

They’ve never been... afraid of getting their hands dirty, per-say. They would just prefer not to kill if they don’t have to. But if it’s necessary, to secure their survival, then it’s necessary. "Necessary" includes in-the-moment combat, and those long nights when food is scarce but someone is willing to provide it "for a price." Besides — if someone is paying them (real money!) to kill, then their target must be a bad person. Right?

They’re extremely good at deception, able to change their own voice, mimic others’, and are a talented ventriloquist — able to “throw” their voice in different directions. In combat, they’re able to make it seem like they’re more than one person by using various shadow puppets, speakers, and diversion tactics. They work alone most of the time, so their entire shtick is just stealthing, bluffing, and putting on a show with smoke and mirrors.

Trivia
  • Dislikes being called just "Cloak" or just "Dagger." Either call them their full name, or not at all, gosh-darn-it. Though, they have discovered that "CD" is an acceptable nickname.
  • Despite "dagger" being in their name, a dagger isn't CD's primary weapon. (They have one, they just use it as a last resort.) CD uses a wrist-mounted crossbow as their main weapon of choice.
  • They actually work best at long to medium range; they dislike getting up close and personal unless absolutely necessary. Their facade isn’t 100% fool-proof, especially at close range.
  • CD's primary objective in combat is to either run away or make the combat stop, in any way that they can. They rarely engage with anyone, and try to avoid fights whenever possible. For them to start a fight is unheard of.

Physical Appearance
(presently just rough notes until I get more a concrete idea. Presently in my head, they're just a vague shape of a person in a hooded cloak lol)
- shrimpy frame, but decently tall.
- mostly dark or black hued clothes & accessories, but the clothes themselves are very patchworky.
- hooded cloak.
- BELTS. So many belts & satchels & pouches & pockets.
- probably hides the lower half of their face with an over-the-nose scarf-mask.
- gloves.

Weapon & Equipment Notes
- neon light-contraptions with various interchangeable cutouts for shadow puppets.
- wrist-mounted crossbow; has various types of ammo, ranging from the usual sharp bolts, to smoke-bomb and flashbang-bolts.
- switchblade-style dagger
- smoke-pouch bombs; string tied around the pouch indicates the smoke color.

History Overview
(wip)
Returned yeahh

@/ straypunk
Thanks for the compliments!! And YEAH BASS GUN!
Also, love CD! (that is the best nickname) They sound great! Cant wait to see the confusing battle ground of puppets come up

@/ Librq
CHEF SPY!!!!! Would be a great way to get into piltover! Rokk is actually a past resident, didnt stay long though

@/ CatInDisguise
Welcome!! Also little rebel character sounds fun :)
Returned yeahh

@/ straypunk
Thanks for the compliments!! And YEAH BASS GUN!
Also, love CD! (that is the best nickname) They sound great! Cant wait to see the confusing battle ground of puppets come up

@/ Librq
CHEF SPY!!!!! Would be a great way to get into piltover! Rokk is actually a past resident, didnt stay long though

@/ CatInDisguise
Welcome!! Also little rebel character sounds fun :)
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
/Frontierr
eYYY thanks ;D (It IISSS I love it tbh).
I still have to figure out how exactly CD does all the puppetry, as I'm assuming the current tech level is still mostly kinda similar to what it was in the first three episodes, with some higher tech sprinkled in. (Granted, the tech level seriously jumped in those 7 years, so maybe proper speakers and flashlights are a little more widespread at this point??)

oooo I had a great mental image of neon lights for their shadow puppets, and re-tooled/altered "mini" gramophones for sound-based distractions.

A little late, but yEE, welcome @/CatInDisguise! I also dig the Firelights-aligned character idea~ I was originally going to go with a character in the Firelights, before I settled on my concept for CD!

I'm not 100% sure how old Ekko was when he found the tree / founded the Firelights (will have to go back and look if that's specified anywhere), but we have ruled that the Firelights are currently active, though newly formed. They've probably only been a thing for less than a year, but that rebel character should be a-okay~
/Frontierr
eYYY thanks ;D (It IISSS I love it tbh).
I still have to figure out how exactly CD does all the puppetry, as I'm assuming the current tech level is still mostly kinda similar to what it was in the first three episodes, with some higher tech sprinkled in. (Granted, the tech level seriously jumped in those 7 years, so maybe proper speakers and flashlights are a little more widespread at this point??)

oooo I had a great mental image of neon lights for their shadow puppets, and re-tooled/altered "mini" gramophones for sound-based distractions.

A little late, but yEE, welcome @/CatInDisguise! I also dig the Firelights-aligned character idea~ I was originally going to go with a character in the Firelights, before I settled on my concept for CD!

I'm not 100% sure how old Ekko was when he found the tree / founded the Firelights (will have to go back and look if that's specified anywhere), but we have ruled that the Firelights are currently active, though newly formed. They've probably only been a thing for less than a year, but that rebel character should be a-okay~
@/ Straypunk

league tech is funny cause it’s very much who you know. Some people are stuck with sticks and stones and some people invented cloning. Idk, it gets as high tech as you want you just gotta figure out the backstory to it. (although grain of salt a lot of characters just… have things and it’s not explained why.)

Neon light idea would make sense!! And i’d say a big part of the tech jump is just the crime level grew a lot higher in Zaun so they were able to smuggle more stuff
@/ Straypunk

league tech is funny cause it’s very much who you know. Some people are stuck with sticks and stones and some people invented cloning. Idk, it gets as high tech as you want you just gotta figure out the backstory to it. (although grain of salt a lot of characters just… have things and it’s not explained why.)

Neon light idea would make sense!! And i’d say a big part of the tech jump is just the crime level grew a lot higher in Zaun so they were able to smuggle more stuff
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
K everything seems great!

cat, I dunno if we'll go out of pilt since I think one of us doesn't play LOL, know it's lore. If we see different places in S2 of arcane (assuming this rp lasts that long LOL) then fs, we can use it!

Stray, love to see the characters coming through! looks great. Maybe since CD is a messenger my character could deliver messages from Zaun through you if she ends up being a spy o' sorts

I was think my character would be on the younger side. Somewhat of a teen, maybe 15? I don't wanna make them too young. Started cooking during the time skip at around 13. She could be originally from piltover but would go to Zaun occasionally for some reason, made some friends yada yada yada...

Ok just to restate and wrap up, as there was a lotta post and for some reason I'm not getting alerts even tho I'm subbed(?? so odd).

we're like 5 years into the time skip Ekko is 16? Firelights just started out.
Some tension between Zaun and Pilt
we don't mess with canon characters too much, as we discussed (like I said lets not date the canons O_O

Is that all?

also if you already made a post for ur character and its not on the SECOND post on this forum, lemme know. I'm all character post links there ;)
K everything seems great!

cat, I dunno if we'll go out of pilt since I think one of us doesn't play LOL, know it's lore. If we see different places in S2 of arcane (assuming this rp lasts that long LOL) then fs, we can use it!

Stray, love to see the characters coming through! looks great. Maybe since CD is a messenger my character could deliver messages from Zaun through you if she ends up being a spy o' sorts

I was think my character would be on the younger side. Somewhat of a teen, maybe 15? I don't wanna make them too young. Started cooking during the time skip at around 13. She could be originally from piltover but would go to Zaun occasionally for some reason, made some friends yada yada yada...

Ok just to restate and wrap up, as there was a lotta post and for some reason I'm not getting alerts even tho I'm subbed(?? so odd).

we're like 5 years into the time skip Ekko is 16? Firelights just started out.
Some tension between Zaun and Pilt
we don't mess with canon characters too much, as we discussed (like I said lets not date the canons O_O

Is that all?

also if you already made a post for ur character and its not on the SECOND post on this forum, lemme know. I'm all character post links there ;)
woomp

i have an art store click on my profile and look at my recent forums :3
unfortunately i think i’ll have to drop out of this rp.
unfortunately i think i’ll have to drop out of this rp.
60884365.png 51165548.png <
< pat?

<
Aw, sad to see you go, Rose :c

/Librq
lol I think also staying in Piltover/Zaun will help keep the plot cohesive, so that way we're not getting too overwhelmed with locations. Two whole cities feels like more than enough of a playground for our characters, as of right now.

Ahh, thanks~
Yee, I was thinking something like that! Since their loyalties aren't nailed down to a single faction, they could easily deliver messages between Piltover and Zaun, for wildly different people. They also probably know ways across the river that no one else is aware of. They're super discreet, so I'd imagine (possibly later in life) they'd be hired by all sorts; your chef-spy included~

Mm, seeing as how she's a chef (maybe apprentice-chef, seeing as she's on the younger side?), she would probably want to shop for her own ingredients - which might mean gaining contacts in low places, if she needs anything on the rarer (or perhaps illegal) side (like restricted spices, herbs, or meats, for example).

o o h, I thought we were doing three years into the skip, my bad-
I actually found this age chart for the canon characters, just to keep the general timeline on track, so that's where I originally got 16 from. Ekko would actually be 18 if we're doing 5 years into the skip. (Which also means I have some stuff to edit for CD's pre-skip age lol)
I only mention because Firelight-aligned characters will no doubt be interacting with him in some capacity, seeing as he's the Firelight's de-facto leader.
Aw, sad to see you go, Rose :c

/Librq
lol I think also staying in Piltover/Zaun will help keep the plot cohesive, so that way we're not getting too overwhelmed with locations. Two whole cities feels like more than enough of a playground for our characters, as of right now.

Ahh, thanks~
Yee, I was thinking something like that! Since their loyalties aren't nailed down to a single faction, they could easily deliver messages between Piltover and Zaun, for wildly different people. They also probably know ways across the river that no one else is aware of. They're super discreet, so I'd imagine (possibly later in life) they'd be hired by all sorts; your chef-spy included~

Mm, seeing as how she's a chef (maybe apprentice-chef, seeing as she's on the younger side?), she would probably want to shop for her own ingredients - which might mean gaining contacts in low places, if she needs anything on the rarer (or perhaps illegal) side (like restricted spices, herbs, or meats, for example).

o o h, I thought we were doing three years into the skip, my bad-
I actually found this age chart for the canon characters, just to keep the general timeline on track, so that's where I originally got 16 from. Ekko would actually be 18 if we're doing 5 years into the skip. (Which also means I have some stuff to edit for CD's pre-skip age lol)
I only mention because Firelight-aligned characters will no doubt be interacting with him in some capacity, seeing as he's the Firelight's de-facto leader.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9