Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Beauty and the.. beast..? [OOC]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
That’s fine. ^^ no worries
That’s fine. ^^ no worries
SOpef69.gif Bleu|Christian

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
a0QwMLR.gif 3QIeA2e.pnga0QwMLR.gif
Like I imagine Illunis would probably have a special suit similar to that of an astronauts. The suit itself would have multiple layers in which to not only act as armor, but also store and make sure that Illunis's aerosolized blood isn't introduced into the air around him without his permission. The helmet would probably be tinted as well in order to keep Illunis's stare from affecting too many people. There would also be some sort of clasps or device along the seams that if Illunis needed to shift it would come apart in a way that would prevent ripping or tearing, or would simply retract into certain portions of the suit that would stretch with his transformation.

But at the most he'd need something around his extra ribs or his eyes to keep the blood that leaks from his eyes and the exposed bone from either drying out or to contain the blood once it does dry out and aerosolize.
Like I imagine Illunis would probably have a special suit similar to that of an astronauts. The suit itself would have multiple layers in which to not only act as armor, but also store and make sure that Illunis's aerosolized blood isn't introduced into the air around him without his permission. The helmet would probably be tinted as well in order to keep Illunis's stare from affecting too many people. There would also be some sort of clasps or device along the seams that if Illunis needed to shift it would come apart in a way that would prevent ripping or tearing, or would simply retract into certain portions of the suit that would stretch with his transformation.

But at the most he'd need something around his extra ribs or his eyes to keep the blood that leaks from his eyes and the exposed bone from either drying out or to contain the blood once it does dry out and aerosolize.
oulcMpY.gif
Thinking about it that probably makes the most sense...
Even if we were to give Lazulite and Ceres protective gear instead we would always have to be careful around Illunis when meeting other characters or encountering wildlife of any kind.
By putting Illunis himself into a bubble we can leave all options open while his powers still pose a reasonable threat to everyone and anything.

I'm not sure if the space suit aesthetic fits with Bleus idea of the game, but if they're not against it I don't see a problem...
Alternatively we could think of giving the protective gear a less sci-fi-ish look while effectively having the same function.
Thinking about it that probably makes the most sense...
Even if we were to give Lazulite and Ceres protective gear instead we would always have to be careful around Illunis when meeting other characters or encountering wildlife of any kind.
By putting Illunis himself into a bubble we can leave all options open while his powers still pose a reasonable threat to everyone and anything.

I'm not sure if the space suit aesthetic fits with Bleus idea of the game, but if they're not against it I don't see a problem...
Alternatively we could think of giving the protective gear a less sci-fi-ish look while effectively having the same function.
Well it wouldn't actually look like a spacesuit, but that was the closest way I could think to describe it? I mean the only portion of his body that need to be covered constantly are his eyes due to the whole soul gaze thing. Though he will be nerfed since they are going to be on the run and him needing so much crap would not only make the trio easy to find, but also make him stick out like a sore thumb... so yeah. Baby boys getting nerfed. So basically now Illunis's blood will only aerosolize as a fight/flight response, when he wants it to (which won't happen often), or after a full transformation (around 4-5 afterwards). Since he's constantly having to do the former and latter his powers are almost constantly active in the Organization, but would go relatively dormant once the trio actually escape.

The eyes can easily be covered with goggles or some kind of helm with a filtration device, but the ribs are the harder part to cover which brings up the suit. Because astronaut suits keep a certain pressure, the clothing around his torso would probably be relatively loose until the 'pressure' of the aerosolized blood causes it to start filling out. The sleeves, collar and bottom hem would probably be made out of some sort of elastic material that would help allow Illunis to put the clothing on, as well as keep the pressure. It can then either be released into the air for a mass release during a fight or something or if it just needs to be drained over like a fire or something hot where the heat will neutralize the blood stored inside. Other than the helm/goggles along with the shirt, Illunis would be able to wear normal clothes and require nothing special after they escape the Organization.

Also idea for how to give people immunity to Illunis's blood. Like what if they did a blood swap or something? Like Illunis uncovers or figures out some sort of ritual that marks those that partake in it alongside him as friend, kin, or something similar, and the blood looses all negative effects for those who partook in it (i.e transformation, rampaging), but still keep the positive effects (i.e regeneration and stat boosts).
Well it wouldn't actually look like a spacesuit, but that was the closest way I could think to describe it? I mean the only portion of his body that need to be covered constantly are his eyes due to the whole soul gaze thing. Though he will be nerfed since they are going to be on the run and him needing so much crap would not only make the trio easy to find, but also make him stick out like a sore thumb... so yeah. Baby boys getting nerfed. So basically now Illunis's blood will only aerosolize as a fight/flight response, when he wants it to (which won't happen often), or after a full transformation (around 4-5 afterwards). Since he's constantly having to do the former and latter his powers are almost constantly active in the Organization, but would go relatively dormant once the trio actually escape.

The eyes can easily be covered with goggles or some kind of helm with a filtration device, but the ribs are the harder part to cover which brings up the suit. Because astronaut suits keep a certain pressure, the clothing around his torso would probably be relatively loose until the 'pressure' of the aerosolized blood causes it to start filling out. The sleeves, collar and bottom hem would probably be made out of some sort of elastic material that would help allow Illunis to put the clothing on, as well as keep the pressure. It can then either be released into the air for a mass release during a fight or something or if it just needs to be drained over like a fire or something hot where the heat will neutralize the blood stored inside. Other than the helm/goggles along with the shirt, Illunis would be able to wear normal clothes and require nothing special after they escape the Organization.

Also idea for how to give people immunity to Illunis's blood. Like what if they did a blood swap or something? Like Illunis uncovers or figures out some sort of ritual that marks those that partake in it alongside him as friend, kin, or something similar, and the blood looses all negative effects for those who partook in it (i.e transformation, rampaging), but still keep the positive effects (i.e regeneration and stat boosts).
oulcMpY.gif
I see... well that sounds like a pretty solid idea for protective gear.
I'm sure something like that should be okay :3

Oh, such a ritual would be really beneficial for the organization as well!
Maybe we can snatch some research notes on our way out with early development results of such a ritual... then we could try to replicate it on our own?
It cold be as easy as "they already figured it out and it's easy to follow the instructions"
or as hard as "they only started to explore this thought so we need to succeed in something the scientists themselves didn't fully accomplish yet while lacking proper equipment and understanding and with any failed attempt promising dire side effects"... Many interesting options :3
I see... well that sounds like a pretty solid idea for protective gear.
I'm sure something like that should be okay :3

Oh, such a ritual would be really beneficial for the organization as well!
Maybe we can snatch some research notes on our way out with early development results of such a ritual... then we could try to replicate it on our own?
It cold be as easy as "they already figured it out and it's easy to follow the instructions"
or as hard as "they only started to explore this thought so we need to succeed in something the scientists themselves didn't fully accomplish yet while lacking proper equipment and understanding and with any failed attempt promising dire side effects"... Many interesting options :3
Yeah, all of the above is fine. The second option from MaunaKea's post sounds a bit more explorative but I don't mind the either/or of that which you guys prefer.
Yeah, all of the above is fine. The second option from MaunaKea's post sounds a bit more explorative but I don't mind the either/or of that which you guys prefer.

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
*yawn

Happy new year to all of you~
*yawn

Happy new year to all of you~
Happy new years :D

I'll just start posting when Flames doesn't. I try keeping it in a kind of order but sometimes it doesn't always work like that but dassoki :>

*not much to write, so short post c:
Happy new years :D

I'll just start posting when Flames doesn't. I try keeping it in a kind of order but sometimes it doesn't always work like that but dassoki :>

*not much to write, so short post c:

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
@FlamesEmbrace how we doin? You alright? I'll post tomorrow if you don't, just @ ing you incase you didn't notice! No worries! ^^
@FlamesEmbrace how we doin? You alright? I'll post tomorrow if you don't, just @ ing you incase you didn't notice! No worries! ^^

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
Hello Everyone! If you are still accepting characters I would love to play a Lab Assistant, if possible! [b]Your @ username[/b] : @PumpkinBooRu [b]Your Pronouns (optional) [/b]: She/Her [b]Your time zone (optional)[/b] : Central Standard Time [b]Your age range (optional and for roleplay limitation purposes only) : [/b]Over 21! [b]Anything we should be aware about you? Let us know! :[/b] Available Mon-Fri , Will be Unavailable on the Weekends [img]https://i.imgur.com/HiY9ym0.png[/img] https://picrew.me/image_maker/114808/complete?cd=rGQRypQAYu [b]Character:[/b] Charlotte Blanche [i](An Obvious Alias) [/i] [b]Character's origins/background (keep it relatively short):[/b] [i](IM SO SORRY I TRIED TO KEEP IT SHORT GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY LOL)[/i] There is only one thing Charlotte has been extraordinarily good at; doing what she was told. A quiet, obedient child, Charlotte often went overlooked in her family of ten and was not declared missing until two weeks after her disappearance from her Middle School Science Fair, where she humbly placed third. Since the age of 13 Charlotte was given a new name and has spent her life in the mysterious underground facility she now calls home. Always of a pragmatic and logical mind, as a child she saw no point in arguing or attempting to fight back or question her captors. These were things she reasoned would only bring her harm and that just wouldn't due. She hardly knows the name of the facility or the organization that has held her captive for just over a decade, nor does she care to, nor has she ever asked. Quiet, meticulous, obedient. All traits her superiors find quite fetching in a Lab Assistant. If you were to ask Charlotte she would say she finds her new accommodations quite lovely. She has her own room, an upgrade from the tiny room she had to share with her three other sisters, and her own bathroom; once more another upgrade compared to the designated five other children of which she had to share. She still distinctly remembers times when she was younger and wet herself standing in line for the commode. She always wondered if her parents would ever punish her for such actions, but then they would have to acknowledge her existence first. Besides, she always had herself quickly cleaned up as soon as she was able. She went to sleep at night in her mandated room with her nameplate crisp and shining outside the door at peace with the knowledge such uncomfortable things were behind her. Because that’s what the facility provided. Comfort. Three meals were promised every single day and she never once had to wonder or question if they would have enough food to make it through the week. Never once had to eat the minty toothpaste in her bathroom in an attempt to appease the rumbling in her stomach, as she had done many times before her life with the organization. Not to mention; the meals that were provided? Where not only quite filling but rather scrumptious too. Charlotte had always had a natural ability towards science. She was no protégé, but the Facility didn’t need a room full of generational geniuses. They merely needed people with a base level talent and willingness to learn. It wasn’t too long before her love of biology grew into a passion for genetics, specifically gene splicing. An ability that the Organization acknowledged and complimented her on. An acknowledgement that she had never experienced before. Praise. Acceptance. Things she never knew she needed. Meaningless things that now meant the world to her. True some of the experiments they asked her to perform were. . . controversial to say the least. She took no joy from the amalgamations she created or the pain the poor creatures suffered. But to hear someone call her name. To feel the touch of a hand on her shoulder, or the warmth of another when they would shake hands in a congratulatory manner. . . . . . priceless. The older she has gotten the more numb she has become to the consequences of her work. However; lately . . . things have been different. The experiments in her red file folder have become more. . . needlessly cruel. Her most recent experiment she performed to perfection; providing the exact outcome the Organization demanded; only instead of going about it specifically as they requested, she performed the task with as little pain as possible to the subject. It was the first time the facility ever reprimanded her. Something changed within her at that point. Questions she never cared to asked, suddenly overwhelmed her mind. Why. What was the point to all this. It was the first question she ever asked and so her superiors saw fit to answer her as a reward for her years of faithful service with the good faith it would inspire her to follow her instructions to the letter moving forward. To destroy the world. Charlotte has quietly contemplated this answer. An answer that has only spawned in her mind more questions that she will surely this time go unanswered . . . [i] . . . unless . . . [/i] [b]Role you 'd like :[/b] Lab Assistant [b]Character's gender/pronouns :[/b] She / Her [b]Character's age : [/b]27 [b]Character's powers/abilities/skills/talents : [/b] I didn't know the threshold of fantasy VS reality within this RP; that being said if any of the following do not fit with the story, please let me know and I can adjust! [u][b]MAD SCIENCE[/b][/u] : Charlotte has never thought much of her ability, but she is rather extraordinary when it comes to biology, genetics, gene splicing, and engineering. o Her most recent mutations and monstrous creations have a Pheromonal Lock designed secretly within them. This is coded to her specific pheromones and prevents them from harming her in any way. In addition, upon speaking a codeword her newest creations will become blindly obedient to her command. None of her previous creations have this Pheromonal Lock or Codeword; only a very few of her most recent creations. o She has been known to carry around seeds in the pockets of her lab coat. Seeds she never carried before. Seeds that when exposed to her saliva grow at an alarming rate. 1. Entanglement : Sticky, sap covered purple vines that can quickly fill a room or a hallway and prevent movement, gluing themselves to whatever and whomever they come in contact with. 2. Strangling Vines : A vicious lurching brown vine covered in painful thorns that latch on and wrap themselves around a single individual, strangling them tighter and tighter leading to a slow and to torturous death. 3. Climbing Vines : Green curling vines that quickly grow either vertically and horizontally, they are easy to climb and can hold incredibly heavy weight. 4. Carnivorous Creations : Large Venus Fly Trap beings. A potent acid drips from their mouths. They are quick to lurch out and snap onto any who come within close vicinity.
Hello Everyone!

If you are still accepting characters I would love to play a Lab Assistant, if possible!

Your @ username : @PumpkinBooRu
Your Pronouns (optional) : She/Her
Your time zone (optional) : Central Standard Time
Your age range (optional and for roleplay limitation purposes only) : Over 21!

Anything we should be aware about you? Let us know! : Available Mon-Fri , Will be Unavailable on the Weekends

HiY9ym0.png
https://picrew.me/image_maker/114808/complete?cd=rGQRypQAYu

Character:
Charlotte Blanche (An Obvious Alias)

Character's origins/background (keep it relatively short): (IM SO SORRY I TRIED TO KEEP IT SHORT GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY LOL)

There is only one thing Charlotte has been extraordinarily good at; doing what she was told. A quiet, obedient child, Charlotte often went overlooked in her family of ten and was not declared missing until two weeks after her disappearance from her Middle School Science Fair, where she humbly placed third. Since the age of 13 Charlotte was given a new name and has spent her life in the mysterious underground facility she now calls home. Always of a pragmatic and logical mind, as a child she saw no point in arguing or attempting to fight back or question her captors. These were things she reasoned would only bring her harm and that just wouldn't due. She hardly knows the name of the facility or the organization that has held her captive for just over a decade, nor does she care to, nor has she ever asked. Quiet, meticulous, obedient. All traits her superiors find quite fetching in a Lab Assistant.

If you were to ask Charlotte she would say she finds her new accommodations quite lovely. She has her own room, an upgrade from the tiny room she had to share with her three other sisters, and her own bathroom; once more another upgrade compared to the designated five other children of which she had to share. She still distinctly remembers times when she was younger and wet herself standing in line for the commode. She always wondered if her parents would ever punish her for such actions, but then they would have to acknowledge her existence first. Besides, she always had herself quickly cleaned up as soon as she was able.

She went to sleep at night in her mandated room with her nameplate crisp and shining outside the door at peace with the knowledge such uncomfortable things were behind her.

Because that’s what the facility provided.

Comfort.

Three meals were promised every single day and she never once had to wonder or question if they would have enough food to make it through the week. Never once had to eat the minty toothpaste in her bathroom in an attempt to appease the rumbling in her stomach, as she had done many times before her life with the organization. Not to mention; the meals that were provided? Where not only quite filling but rather scrumptious too.

Charlotte had always had a natural ability towards science. She was no protégé, but the Facility didn’t need a room full of generational geniuses. They merely needed people with a base level talent and willingness to learn. It wasn’t too long before her love of biology grew into a passion for genetics, specifically gene splicing. An ability that the Organization acknowledged and complimented her on. An acknowledgement that she had never experienced before.

Praise.

Acceptance.

Things she never knew she needed. Meaningless things that now meant the world to her.

True some of the experiments they asked her to perform were. . . controversial to say the least. She took no joy from the amalgamations she created or the pain the poor creatures suffered.

But to hear someone call her name.

To feel the touch of a hand on her shoulder, or the warmth of another when they would shake hands in a congratulatory manner. . .
. . . priceless.

The older she has gotten the more numb she has become to the consequences of her work. However; lately . . . things have been different. The experiments in her red file folder have become more. . . needlessly cruel. Her most recent experiment she performed to perfection; providing the exact outcome the Organization demanded; only instead of going about it specifically as they requested, she performed the task with as little pain as possible to the subject.
It was the first time the facility ever reprimanded her.

Something changed within her at that point. Questions she never cared to asked, suddenly overwhelmed her mind.

Why.

What was the point to all this.

It was the first question she ever asked and so her superiors saw fit to answer her as a reward for her years of faithful service with the good faith it would inspire her to follow her instructions to the letter moving forward.

To destroy the world.

Charlotte has quietly contemplated this answer. An answer that has only spawned in her mind more questions that she will surely this time go unanswered . . .

. . . unless . . .

Role you 'd like : Lab Assistant
Character's gender/pronouns : She / Her
Character's age : 27

Character's powers/abilities/skills/talents :
I didn't know the threshold of fantasy VS reality within this RP; that being said if any of the following do not fit with the story, please let me know and I can adjust!

MAD SCIENCE : Charlotte has never thought much of her ability, but she is rather extraordinary when it comes to biology, genetics, gene splicing, and engineering.

o Her most recent mutations and monstrous creations have a Pheromonal Lock designed secretly within them. This is coded to her specific pheromones and prevents them from harming her in any way. In addition, upon speaking a codeword her newest creations will become blindly obedient to her command. None of her previous creations have this Pheromonal Lock or Codeword; only a very few of her most recent creations.

o She has been known to carry around seeds in the pockets of her lab coat. Seeds she never carried before. Seeds that when exposed to her saliva grow at an alarming rate.
1. Entanglement : Sticky, sap covered purple vines that can quickly fill a room or a hallway and prevent movement, gluing themselves to whatever and whomever they come in contact with.
2. Strangling Vines : A vicious lurching brown vine covered in painful thorns that latch on and wrap themselves around a single individual, strangling them tighter and tighter leading to a slow and to torturous death.
3. Climbing Vines : Green curling vines that quickly grow either vertically and horizontally, they are easy to climb and can hold incredibly heavy weight.
4. Carnivorous Creations : Large Venus Fly Trap beings. A potent acid drips from their mouths. They are quick to lurch out and snap onto any who come within close vicinity.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18