Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shadows of Latter Past (IC) (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51
Wally grinned at Ada as she appeared next to Evie, looking towards the table they'd picked out. He always liked being able to look out the window. Clutching his tray, he followed them over to the table and sat down with them, swinging his feet back and forth beneath the table.

He looked down at his food as Evie commented on hers. "What'd you guys get?" he asked, studying his meal closer. He had gotten something simple, a meat and cheese sandwich with carrots on the side.

He hesitated before taking a bite of the sandwich. It wasn't as good as what he had back home; it was kind of bland, actually. All the same, it was tolerable. He could stomach it.

"It's... alright, I guess," he commented after swallowing. "Wish I had pizza bites, though."

He looked up at the girl who came over to their table, asking if she could sit with them. He smiled in a friendly way at her. "Hello! I wouldn't mind!" he offered, glancing at Evie and Ada. "Can she sit with us, Evie?"

The urge Kori had to set himself on fire lessened greatly. He grinned reassuringly. "Don't apologize, it's okay," he replied, poking at his food. "I don't know for sure either, and I'm not about to hunt another Death user down and cut them open. Or cut myself open. I'd like to stay alive for as long as possible."

He chuckled, enjoying the time he was spending with his new friends. He wished he could speed up time so they could get past the rest of the school day and go off-campus already. That would be the best part of the day, he believed.

A specific thought soon entered his mind as he considered asking Arid what she liked to do, only to remember her saying it in the second class. He remembered once again how the teacher abruptly stopped the game after Wallace and Adeline went.

"Arid, why do you think Ms. Nepo stopped that introduction game?" he asked out of the blue, looking away from his food and at her. "You noticed too, right? She just... stopped. I think I might know why, but I'm not one hundred percent certain."
Wally grinned at Ada as she appeared next to Evie, looking towards the table they'd picked out. He always liked being able to look out the window. Clutching his tray, he followed them over to the table and sat down with them, swinging his feet back and forth beneath the table.

He looked down at his food as Evie commented on hers. "What'd you guys get?" he asked, studying his meal closer. He had gotten something simple, a meat and cheese sandwich with carrots on the side.

He hesitated before taking a bite of the sandwich. It wasn't as good as what he had back home; it was kind of bland, actually. All the same, it was tolerable. He could stomach it.

"It's... alright, I guess," he commented after swallowing. "Wish I had pizza bites, though."

He looked up at the girl who came over to their table, asking if she could sit with them. He smiled in a friendly way at her. "Hello! I wouldn't mind!" he offered, glancing at Evie and Ada. "Can she sit with us, Evie?"

The urge Kori had to set himself on fire lessened greatly. He grinned reassuringly. "Don't apologize, it's okay," he replied, poking at his food. "I don't know for sure either, and I'm not about to hunt another Death user down and cut them open. Or cut myself open. I'd like to stay alive for as long as possible."

He chuckled, enjoying the time he was spending with his new friends. He wished he could speed up time so they could get past the rest of the school day and go off-campus already. That would be the best part of the day, he believed.

A specific thought soon entered his mind as he considered asking Arid what she liked to do, only to remember her saying it in the second class. He remembered once again how the teacher abruptly stopped the game after Wallace and Adeline went.

"Arid, why do you think Ms. Nepo stopped that introduction game?" he asked out of the blue, looking away from his food and at her. "You noticed too, right? She just... stopped. I think I might know why, but I'm not one hundred percent certain."
xk7ymDQ.png
Arid frowned, looking up at his question. "You know exactly why. Evie went, a death went. Almost everyone hates death, especially adults. Honestly, they'd hate you less if you lied about your element. Not sure you could though" She rambled, a bit nervous to talk about it. What if he asked her why SHE didn't hate deaths. Honestly, she should, Her family sure did. Her stepdad would have her head if she said anything like that though.

But whatever, foster care was much better than that house anyways. Wonder how they would react to deaths. Did they even know blister and simmer were deaths? Would they get rid of her brothers if they knew?

She mentally decided to hide that from them all over again. Should she hide that from other people though? What about teachers, did they know she was related to deaths? Would they be scared of her if she said she was? Or would they be harsh to her instead? Either way, Telling teachers or any other adults here are out of the question.

But that didn't include Kori or Micah. Heck, Kori is the same elements as her brothers. Surely he'd want to know- But then what if he likes her brothers more and then hangs out with them instead? Then she'd be left with Micah. She wasn't sure how she felt about him yet. But then again- Maybe Kori DIDN'T want to know. He wouldn't fear her too, would he? Of course not, hes a death and fire himself. He wouldn't care she was related to fellow death fire elementals. How would Micah react though?

She practically gave up on her mental state at that point, releasing a sigh as she no longer felt like eating right now. Guess its a good thing Kori planned on getting tacos later cause she would surely need them.
Arid frowned, looking up at his question. "You know exactly why. Evie went, a death went. Almost everyone hates death, especially adults. Honestly, they'd hate you less if you lied about your element. Not sure you could though" She rambled, a bit nervous to talk about it. What if he asked her why SHE didn't hate deaths. Honestly, she should, Her family sure did. Her stepdad would have her head if she said anything like that though.

But whatever, foster care was much better than that house anyways. Wonder how they would react to deaths. Did they even know blister and simmer were deaths? Would they get rid of her brothers if they knew?

She mentally decided to hide that from them all over again. Should she hide that from other people though? What about teachers, did they know she was related to deaths? Would they be scared of her if she said she was? Or would they be harsh to her instead? Either way, Telling teachers or any other adults here are out of the question.

But that didn't include Kori or Micah. Heck, Kori is the same elements as her brothers. Surely he'd want to know- But then what if he likes her brothers more and then hangs out with them instead? Then she'd be left with Micah. She wasn't sure how she felt about him yet. But then again- Maybe Kori DIDN'T want to know. He wouldn't fear her too, would he? Of course not, hes a death and fire himself. He wouldn't care she was related to fellow death fire elementals. How would Micah react though?

She practically gave up on her mental state at that point, releasing a sigh as she no longer felt like eating right now. Guess its a good thing Kori planned on getting tacos later cause she would surely need them.
I look expensive but i'm BROKER than broke~
((Caught up, nvm. I AM SO SORRY MY COMPUTER DECIDED TO CLICK THE UNSUB BUTTON AND NOT TELL ME!))

Micah shrugged. "Eh, I haven't bothered to try going without my organs. It'd be interesting if we could. We'd probably be able to freak a few people out." He clicked his tongue in thought. "I have a pretty good idea why she stopped the introductions. A few of the people who introduced themselves were Death Elements. Which is a welcome change to what I'm used to, but our beloved teacher looked about as scared as a mouse in a cat's mouth."
((Caught up, nvm. I AM SO SORRY MY COMPUTER DECIDED TO CLICK THE UNSUB BUTTON AND NOT TELL ME!))

Micah shrugged. "Eh, I haven't bothered to try going without my organs. It'd be interesting if we could. We'd probably be able to freak a few people out." He clicked his tongue in thought. "I have a pretty good idea why she stopped the introductions. A few of the people who introduced themselves were Death Elements. Which is a welcome change to what I'm used to, but our beloved teacher looked about as scared as a mouse in a cat's mouth."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Kori looked solemn. Both Arid and Micah agreed it was because their teacher was scared of Death elements, and he did too. Why else would the game stop? On the surface, it seemed strange and even unfair to the students who didn't get to go. He was actually relieved he didn't have to take a turn, otherwise everyone would know he's a Death elemental.

Not that they would never find out, but he would prefer it if it didn't happen on the very first day, let alone during the second class.

He looked between the both of them, nodding after they spoke. "I was thinking the same thing," he agreed, sighing. "I'm glad there's other Death elementals here too. I mean, I knew I wouldn't be the only one out of everyone here, but it's still good to know there's more. Unfortunately, it seems not even the teachers can put their prejudices aside."

He stared down at his food, having not taken a single bite yet. He wasn't all that hungry anymore. "I thought about lying," he admitted. "I'm registered though. The staff knows everyone's elements; it's the other students who wouldn't know that if no one verbally clarified it. Our teacher would have more reason to be suspicious of me if I tried to lie."

Kori shrugged and offered a semi-weak smile. "I get why they're scared, but not every Death user is out to get them, y'know? I wish people would just accept that already. It'll never happen, of course, but I still think about it sometimes."
Kori looked solemn. Both Arid and Micah agreed it was because their teacher was scared of Death elements, and he did too. Why else would the game stop? On the surface, it seemed strange and even unfair to the students who didn't get to go. He was actually relieved he didn't have to take a turn, otherwise everyone would know he's a Death elemental.

Not that they would never find out, but he would prefer it if it didn't happen on the very first day, let alone during the second class.

He looked between the both of them, nodding after they spoke. "I was thinking the same thing," he agreed, sighing. "I'm glad there's other Death elementals here too. I mean, I knew I wouldn't be the only one out of everyone here, but it's still good to know there's more. Unfortunately, it seems not even the teachers can put their prejudices aside."

He stared down at his food, having not taken a single bite yet. He wasn't all that hungry anymore. "I thought about lying," he admitted. "I'm registered though. The staff knows everyone's elements; it's the other students who wouldn't know that if no one verbally clarified it. Our teacher would have more reason to be suspicious of me if I tried to lie."

Kori shrugged and offered a semi-weak smile. "I get why they're scared, but not every Death user is out to get them, y'know? I wish people would just accept that already. It'll never happen, of course, but I still think about it sometimes."
xk7ymDQ.png
Micah shrugged. "Ignorant people don't care about giving people they don't understand a chance. Having to register is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know how many Death Elementals would want to hide their abilities instead of being forced out?" Micah rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, talking about it isn't going to change anything." He glanced between Kori and Arid. "Let's talk about something else instead. We're going to show each other what we can do later, right? Let's talk about what we're getting into. It'll still be cool to see it in action, but... Well, I have a few abilities that I can't safely show you." He shrugged again. "Only if you want to, though."
Micah shrugged. "Ignorant people don't care about giving people they don't understand a chance. Having to register is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You know how many Death Elementals would want to hide their abilities instead of being forced out?" Micah rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, talking about it isn't going to change anything." He glanced between Kori and Arid. "Let's talk about something else instead. We're going to show each other what we can do later, right? Let's talk about what we're getting into. It'll still be cool to see it in action, but... Well, I have a few abilities that I can't safely show you." He shrugged again. "Only if you want to, though."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
Arid wanted to be the show stopper, but it's not like they would have done much research. "I can manipulate lava flow, earth, plants, and i can't engulf in flames," she said simply, trying to not explain too much so she can still surprise them later. She was looking forward to showing them much more than she should. She loved her abilities, despite not liking how she can't touch anything most of the time.

She figured it was a balance, strong powers have to come with some sort of price. But that also meant she was strong. She proved that in jail. And she would certainly prove it again but in a nicer way. She mentally reasoned burning your friend's faces with lava is NOT nice. Therefore she might avoid the lava act- but then again that was her favorite ability >:/
Arid wanted to be the show stopper, but it's not like they would have done much research. "I can manipulate lava flow, earth, plants, and i can't engulf in flames," she said simply, trying to not explain too much so she can still surprise them later. She was looking forward to showing them much more than she should. She loved her abilities, despite not liking how she can't touch anything most of the time.

She figured it was a balance, strong powers have to come with some sort of price. But that also meant she was strong. She proved that in jail. And she would certainly prove it again but in a nicer way. She mentally reasoned burning your friend's faces with lava is NOT nice. Therefore she might avoid the lava act- but then again that was her favorite ability >:/
Kori really wanted to get his mind off of the whole 'discrimination against Death users' topic, and thankfully, Micah came to the rescue. He presented another question, asking both him and Arid to talk more about their abilities.

He grinned, watching Arid as she described her powers. He understood why she wasn't that detailed with it, and he was glad for that. He didn't mind a good surprise, especially if it involved something as awesome as fire.

He thought about it for a few seconds before giving his answer. "Well, it's not just my powers you'll get to see. With me being a demon, my human appearance - the one you're seeing right now - isn't my true form."

He smirked. "My fire is blue, and I can do all sorts of things with it. I could take any weapon, like a sword, and give it the added power of fire. Imagine a sword on fire! How cool does that sound?"

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, humming quietly. "My main Death-related ability involves my own blood, so I hope neither of you are squicky about that," he added jokingly. His smile then dipped a little.

"As for the other one, I definitely can't show you guys that one. I have to... let go of my mind for that one. I can't always control it either, so I'm very likely to hurt someone if I use it. I hope that's not too disappointing."

He added a chuckle to keep the mood light, despite what he was saying. "I can also create fire wings," he added quickly.
Kori really wanted to get his mind off of the whole 'discrimination against Death users' topic, and thankfully, Micah came to the rescue. He presented another question, asking both him and Arid to talk more about their abilities.

He grinned, watching Arid as she described her powers. He understood why she wasn't that detailed with it, and he was glad for that. He didn't mind a good surprise, especially if it involved something as awesome as fire.

He thought about it for a few seconds before giving his answer. "Well, it's not just my powers you'll get to see. With me being a demon, my human appearance - the one you're seeing right now - isn't my true form."

He smirked. "My fire is blue, and I can do all sorts of things with it. I could take any weapon, like a sword, and give it the added power of fire. Imagine a sword on fire! How cool does that sound?"

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, humming quietly. "My main Death-related ability involves my own blood, so I hope neither of you are squicky about that," he added jokingly. His smile then dipped a little.

"As for the other one, I definitely can't show you guys that one. I have to... let go of my mind for that one. I can't always control it either, so I'm very likely to hurt someone if I use it. I hope that's not too disappointing."

He added a chuckle to keep the mood light, despite what he was saying. "I can also create fire wings," he added quickly.
xk7ymDQ.png
Arid made no face, she decided to stay neutral. She wouldn't be able to see his fire abilities but she had her own fire so it was fine. She did however imagine objects on fire, especially books. which in turn made her smile dreamily. From looking at her, you'd think she had a crush. But nope, she just really hated books.

She however did comment, "What do you mean by another form, hotshot? You holding out on me?" She smirked, possessing a joking vibe to it.
Arid made no face, she decided to stay neutral. She wouldn't be able to see his fire abilities but she had her own fire so it was fine. She did however imagine objects on fire, especially books. which in turn made her smile dreamily. From looking at her, you'd think she had a crush. But nope, she just really hated books.

She however did comment, "What do you mean by another form, hotshot? You holding out on me?" She smirked, possessing a joking vibe to it.
Huh, cool... Arid's being a bit vague, but I don't blame her. Who wants to spoil a surprise?

"For starters, I'm able to turn water toxic. Pretty much no antidote to the poison, and I can turn the water in someone's blood toxic as well. I doubt you would want to test that one out. I'm also able to turn my sweat toxic. A different kind, of course, but it's a pretty good deterrent if I want to keep someone from grabbing me. If I want, I can make people really sick. I don't like to do that much, though. I can also manipulate and breath in water, which is pretty cool."
Huh, cool... Arid's being a bit vague, but I don't blame her. Who wants to spoil a surprise?

"For starters, I'm able to turn water toxic. Pretty much no antidote to the poison, and I can turn the water in someone's blood toxic as well. I doubt you would want to test that one out. I'm also able to turn my sweat toxic. A different kind, of course, but it's a pretty good deterrent if I want to keep someone from grabbing me. If I want, I can make people really sick. I don't like to do that much, though. I can also manipulate and breath in water, which is pretty cool."

Clayton Academy
Kori's expression held amusement as he watched Arid. He was curious as to why she had such a dreamy smile on her face, yet he decided it was better not to comment on it.

He looked over at Micah as he explained his abilities, humming with interest. He wondered how the ability to turn someone's blood toxic would compliment his own blood manipulation. Not that he himself wanted to be poisoned, no, he just wanted to see if Micah could toxify whatever weapons he conjured out of his blood.

"That all sounds neat, Micah, not to mention hella useful in a combative situation," he complimented. "I wish I could breathe underwater. Woulda helped quite a bit back then, actually."

He didn't elaborate further on that last statement, only giving Arid a teasing grin after she joked with him.

"Nah, I just thought it would be a shame to reveal my true self on the first day," he joked back, pushing his sunglasses up a little to fix them. "My alternate appearance isn't exactly subtle, after all, so I rarely use it in public. If you're interested in seeing it later, I can throw that in with the showing off of my powers."
Kori's expression held amusement as he watched Arid. He was curious as to why she had such a dreamy smile on her face, yet he decided it was better not to comment on it.

He looked over at Micah as he explained his abilities, humming with interest. He wondered how the ability to turn someone's blood toxic would compliment his own blood manipulation. Not that he himself wanted to be poisoned, no, he just wanted to see if Micah could toxify whatever weapons he conjured out of his blood.

"That all sounds neat, Micah, not to mention hella useful in a combative situation," he complimented. "I wish I could breathe underwater. Woulda helped quite a bit back then, actually."

He didn't elaborate further on that last statement, only giving Arid a teasing grin after she joked with him.

"Nah, I just thought it would be a shame to reveal my true self on the first day," he joked back, pushing his sunglasses up a little to fix them. "My alternate appearance isn't exactly subtle, after all, so I rarely use it in public. If you're interested in seeing it later, I can throw that in with the showing off of my powers."
xk7ymDQ.png
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51