Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ dukeofyork
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30
“I-I am comfortable!” Chou blurts. “As I said, I was just a bit surprised you asked, is all. Let’s proceed to the tavern, then.”

As he walks and notices Nia concentrating on his three-legged walk, Chou holds out a wing to him.

“Brace yourself against my wing if you need to. Walking might prove easier that way. The inn is just outside the actual lair, so we won’t need to lean on one another too long.”

Chou stares forward. “…I should mention there are some quirky characters in this clan, ones you might see at the tavern, since it is time for dinner for most of us. I’d say there’s very few—but not zero, mind you—dragons here who could actually do you harm, but many dragons here have their peculiarities. I have not spoken to many but I do well observing things from a distance… I do know the general attitudes of dragons here from what I have observed, so if you would like to speak with someone, feel free to ask me about them.”
“I-I am comfortable!” Chou blurts. “As I said, I was just a bit surprised you asked, is all. Let’s proceed to the tavern, then.”

As he walks and notices Nia concentrating on his three-legged walk, Chou holds out a wing to him.

“Brace yourself against my wing if you need to. Walking might prove easier that way. The inn is just outside the actual lair, so we won’t need to lean on one another too long.”

Chou stares forward. “…I should mention there are some quirky characters in this clan, ones you might see at the tavern, since it is time for dinner for most of us. I’d say there’s very few—but not zero, mind you—dragons here who could actually do you harm, but many dragons here have their peculiarities. I have not spoken to many but I do well observing things from a distance… I do know the general attitudes of dragons here from what I have observed, so if you would like to speak with someone, feel free to ask me about them.”
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
Being once again incredibly thankful for Chou's help, Nia lays his own wing on the other Skydancer's and uses the support to walk way more easily, putting weight on the wing instead of his hurt leg.

As the other keeps talking, Nia looks at Chou and smiles, soft and genuine.

"Thank you for that, I am not worried much with you there. I am quite exhausted so I don't think I will speak to many others today, but you have to introduce me to the jeweler tomorrow!"
Being once again incredibly thankful for Chou's help, Nia lays his own wing on the other Skydancer's and uses the support to walk way more easily, putting weight on the wing instead of his hurt leg.

As the other keeps talking, Nia looks at Chou and smiles, soft and genuine.

"Thank you for that, I am not worried much with you there. I am quite exhausted so I don't think I will speak to many others today, but you have to introduce me to the jeweler tomorrow!"
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
"I may as well get my armor refitted tomorrow, seeing as it's sustained some battle damage, if we are going to meet her," Chou thinks aloud.

As they step into the hot, arid air of the Scarred Wasteland outside, Chou is quick to guide Nia towards the building leaning up against the lair's outer wall. True to the view of it from the air, it is largely made of wood, but a second wall is beginning to form around the wood base, this one made of layered stone and, still in progress, only reaching a few feet high.

Chou holds the rickety door open for Nia, revealing the interior. Though it carries a slightly musty smell to it, the smell of food also hangs in the air. As ramshackle as the building seemed, it was clear the planks that made the wall were laid quite carefully, as the inside is incredibly dark and successfully blocking out the harsh light of the setting sun outside. Though the darkness is lit by candle holders mounted on the walls, lighting up what looks like a front desk with a shaggy female Gaoler manning it, a rickety staircase leading to the second floor, and a doorway past the apparent "lobby" covered in some kind of red curtain in place of a door.

"Perhaps living in the Scarred Wasteland has altered my taste, but I think you'll find it's much nicer when you spend more time inside," Chou comments.
"I may as well get my armor refitted tomorrow, seeing as it's sustained some battle damage, if we are going to meet her," Chou thinks aloud.

As they step into the hot, arid air of the Scarred Wasteland outside, Chou is quick to guide Nia towards the building leaning up against the lair's outer wall. True to the view of it from the air, it is largely made of wood, but a second wall is beginning to form around the wood base, this one made of layered stone and, still in progress, only reaching a few feet high.

Chou holds the rickety door open for Nia, revealing the interior. Though it carries a slightly musty smell to it, the smell of food also hangs in the air. As ramshackle as the building seemed, it was clear the planks that made the wall were laid quite carefully, as the inside is incredibly dark and successfully blocking out the harsh light of the setting sun outside. Though the darkness is lit by candle holders mounted on the walls, lighting up what looks like a front desk with a shaggy female Gaoler manning it, a rickety staircase leading to the second floor, and a doorway past the apparent "lobby" covered in some kind of red curtain in place of a door.

"Perhaps living in the Scarred Wasteland has altered my taste, but I think you'll find it's much nicer when you spend more time inside," Chou comments.
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
(Just wanted to say sorry if you are mainly leading the story now, it's just that it takes place at your clan for now so it makes sense to me to leave you the main part of how it goes when it comes to how your clan works etc. Just saying cuz I know some people get annoyed by that)

Tithonia takes everything in with careful eyes, being interested to learn how other clans, especially in other parts of the world, are living.

But he also get's more exhausted and hungry. So he mainly relies on leaning onto Chou while he quietly walks.

"I already find it nice", he ends up saying, "it is very fascinating how vastly different our lairs are, but everything here is very well built!"
(Just wanted to say sorry if you are mainly leading the story now, it's just that it takes place at your clan for now so it makes sense to me to leave you the main part of how it goes when it comes to how your clan works etc. Just saying cuz I know some people get annoyed by that)

Tithonia takes everything in with careful eyes, being interested to learn how other clans, especially in other parts of the world, are living.

But he also get's more exhausted and hungry. So he mainly relies on leaning onto Chou while he quietly walks.

"I already find it nice", he ends up saying, "it is very fascinating how vastly different our lairs are, but everything here is very well built!"
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
[ Sorry for my late response, it's been a rough day. But yeah that's totally okay! I really do hope I'm not domineering the RP as well, I can get overzealous and write a LOT. I also hope the other dragons I bring in temporarily aren't too much of a problem, because there will be more of them just running the clan's operations. They won't stay particularly long, I just like them there to make things feel more real. I hope that's okay! ^^" Don't worry too much about annoying me though, I don't mind at all! :) ]

"I would like to further explore other lairs throughout Sornieth to learn what other lairs are like, but I am rather caught in my work," Chou agrees as he leads him past the front desk and through the curtain doorway.

The room the curtain leads to is decorated with both candles and strange strings of lights in a rainbow of colors between them. There are a variety of chairs and tables, designed for various dragon sizes, from the tiniest stool for Faes and Veilspuns to a low, wide cushion for Guardians, Ridgebacks and Imperials. There is also a large, robust copper furnace flanked with the same variety of chairs for dragons to take in the warmth. In the tavern there are two counters, one made of the same dark (somewhat rotting) wood of the walls and adorned with stools, and another that appears to have been painted white and has what appears to be glass cases on its top.

"That," Chou begins, pointing to the white counter. "Is the confectioner's counter. I've never been over myself... but it is run by a trio of sweetmakers. On the opposite side of the room, that is the proper 'bar', which is where you'll find drinks and proper food."

Just then, an earthy smell, like unbrewed tea, fills the air, and a white Imperial with swamp-colored wings and a formal getup comes bouncing over to the two.

"Hi, Chou, back again? Brought a friend with you? How nice! Could I help you two find a table?"
[ Sorry for my late response, it's been a rough day. But yeah that's totally okay! I really do hope I'm not domineering the RP as well, I can get overzealous and write a LOT. I also hope the other dragons I bring in temporarily aren't too much of a problem, because there will be more of them just running the clan's operations. They won't stay particularly long, I just like them there to make things feel more real. I hope that's okay! ^^" Don't worry too much about annoying me though, I don't mind at all! :) ]

"I would like to further explore other lairs throughout Sornieth to learn what other lairs are like, but I am rather caught in my work," Chou agrees as he leads him past the front desk and through the curtain doorway.

The room the curtain leads to is decorated with both candles and strange strings of lights in a rainbow of colors between them. There are a variety of chairs and tables, designed for various dragon sizes, from the tiniest stool for Faes and Veilspuns to a low, wide cushion for Guardians, Ridgebacks and Imperials. There is also a large, robust copper furnace flanked with the same variety of chairs for dragons to take in the warmth. In the tavern there are two counters, one made of the same dark (somewhat rotting) wood of the walls and adorned with stools, and another that appears to have been painted white and has what appears to be glass cases on its top.

"That," Chou begins, pointing to the white counter. "Is the confectioner's counter. I've never been over myself... but it is run by a trio of sweetmakers. On the opposite side of the room, that is the proper 'bar', which is where you'll find drinks and proper food."

Just then, an earthy smell, like unbrewed tea, fills the air, and a white Imperial with swamp-colored wings and a formal getup comes bouncing over to the two.

"Hi, Chou, back again? Brought a friend with you? How nice! Could I help you two find a table?"
bYt72YT.png
(Nope no worries, I enjoy everything as it goes right now!!)

Nia took everything in with interested eyes until the Imperial greets them. He takes particular note of the confectioner's counter, wanting to taste the sweets available as his own clan is a rather small one that doesn't make a big deal out of food, just eating most things as they come.

"Hello!", Nia greets the Imperial with a big smile and polite tone, as he found that being nice often leads to strangers returning the kindness. "My name is Tithonia! I had a bit of an accident near this clan and am gonna stay here for a few days."
(Nope no worries, I enjoy everything as it goes right now!!)

Nia took everything in with interested eyes until the Imperial greets them. He takes particular note of the confectioner's counter, wanting to taste the sweets available as his own clan is a rather small one that doesn't make a big deal out of food, just eating most things as they come.

"Hello!", Nia greets the Imperial with a big smile and polite tone, as he found that being nice often leads to strangers returning the kindness. "My name is Tithonia! I had a bit of an accident near this clan and am gonna stay here for a few days."
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
The Imperial curtsies as well as a dragon her massive size can.

"Pleasure to meet you, Tithonia! My name is Encha. My entire family works in this inn and tavern! My mother and fathers run the confectionary counter, and my brother Fyffes is the other attendant here. It's always nice to have visitors, but I certainly wasn't expecting Chou to bring one in!"

Chou bites his lip as Encha nods towards the rest of the tables. "One of our mid-size dragon tables is open right now," she directs them to sit. "Is there anything I can get started for the two of you right away? Anything to drink?"

"A passion fruit tea for me would be great," Chou responds, rubbing at his throat. He was only just realizing how dry it had become.
The Imperial curtsies as well as a dragon her massive size can.

"Pleasure to meet you, Tithonia! My name is Encha. My entire family works in this inn and tavern! My mother and fathers run the confectionary counter, and my brother Fyffes is the other attendant here. It's always nice to have visitors, but I certainly wasn't expecting Chou to bring one in!"

Chou bites his lip as Encha nods towards the rest of the tables. "One of our mid-size dragon tables is open right now," she directs them to sit. "Is there anything I can get started for the two of you right away? Anything to drink?"

"A passion fruit tea for me would be great," Chou responds, rubbing at his throat. He was only just realizing how dry it had become.
bYt72YT.png
Nia is a bit overwhelmed since he doesn't know the menu, so he just says the first
thing that comes to his mind.

"I'll just have a water please."

He looks at Chou then, wondering a bit why everyone seems to be surprised at the warrior's care over him. He silently decides that he might ask Chou himself about it later.
Nia is a bit overwhelmed since he doesn't know the menu, so he just says the first
thing that comes to his mind.

"I'll just have a water please."

He looks at Chou then, wondering a bit why everyone seems to be surprised at the warrior's care over him. He silently decides that he might ask Chou himself about it later.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
"Righto," Encha smiles. "I'll go talk to Senta at the bar, and I'll be right back."

As she skips off, Chou runs a hand down the back of his neck. He feels a lump forming in his throat.

"This is... usually where I spend my time. Many travelers going from one point to another stop here along the way, so when I am staying in the lair and not actively pursuing assignments myself, I spend my days here and at the ready for citizens who need me. Of the dragons I do speak with, the citizens working here are the ones I am around the most."

Chou observes some of the dragons at other tables chatting with one another, laughing, and seemingly having a good time. It isn't until now that he realizes how much he has isolated himself from... common citizen behavior and activities. He scratches the back of his neck again.

"At your home clan, do you have many... colleagues? Allies?" "Friend" is a word that feels foreign on his tongue; he is still not sure how, exactly, to properly define or use it.
"Righto," Encha smiles. "I'll go talk to Senta at the bar, and I'll be right back."

As she skips off, Chou runs a hand down the back of his neck. He feels a lump forming in his throat.

"This is... usually where I spend my time. Many travelers going from one point to another stop here along the way, so when I am staying in the lair and not actively pursuing assignments myself, I spend my days here and at the ready for citizens who need me. Of the dragons I do speak with, the citizens working here are the ones I am around the most."

Chou observes some of the dragons at other tables chatting with one another, laughing, and seemingly having a good time. It isn't until now that he realizes how much he has isolated himself from... common citizen behavior and activities. He scratches the back of his neck again.

"At your home clan, do you have many... colleagues? Allies?" "Friend" is a word that feels foreign on his tongue; he is still not sure how, exactly, to properly define or use it.
bYt72YT.png
Nia nods along to what Chou says as they initiate for the two of them to go towards the table that Echna pointed them to.

At Chou's question, the small Skydancer takes some time to think, as it is a rather oddly worded thing to ask. He finally answers while settling at the table, relieved to get some rest once more.

"Well...", he begins, "we are a rather small clan, about 30 members altogether, and some semi-living jewelry, but that is an entirely different thing."

He shakes his head to get himself focused back on what he was trying to say.

"It really is quite different to how it is here. Even though not everyone in my clan is friends, or lovers, or whatever, we do all know each other and interact regularly."
Nia nods along to what Chou says as they initiate for the two of them to go towards the table that Echna pointed them to.

At Chou's question, the small Skydancer takes some time to think, as it is a rather oddly worded thing to ask. He finally answers while settling at the table, relieved to get some rest once more.

"Well...", he begins, "we are a rather small clan, about 30 members altogether, and some semi-living jewelry, but that is an entirely different thing."

He shakes his head to get himself focused back on what he was trying to say.

"It really is quite different to how it is here. Even though not everyone in my clan is friends, or lovers, or whatever, we do all know each other and interact regularly."
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30