Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ dukeofyork
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
[ oh sorry for the confusion!! I was talking about the little basins used for medicine or cooking like a mortar and pestle, a little bowl type thing that usually comes with a pestle, a thick heavy stick that is usually used to grind or mash herbs or other things, since Libra was giving the water a little herbal touch. ^^” ]

Chou smiles back. It feels good to be acknowledged like that!

“That’s nice,” the Snapper comments, removing the cork from the vial of sap after giving Nia’s foot a thorough rinse. “Kind of him to be staying. I’ve learned from the few times he has been injured and visiting us that Chou isn’t exactly one for conversation.”

Chou can’t help but agree. Connecting with other dragons is such a challenge, on the rare occasion he finds himself desiring to. But to prove a point that he has no intention of leaving the dragon who interested him so, Chou sits down beside the cot as Libra treats the wound.

The Snapper takes over the conversation again, letting the sap drip out onto the wound ever so slowly. “You will feel a bit of a sting, but that’s to be expected. Sap does a surprisingly good job disinfecting wounds, so a bit of pain would mean it’s working properly.”
[ oh sorry for the confusion!! I was talking about the little basins used for medicine or cooking like a mortar and pestle, a little bowl type thing that usually comes with a pestle, a thick heavy stick that is usually used to grind or mash herbs or other things, since Libra was giving the water a little herbal touch. ^^” ]

Chou smiles back. It feels good to be acknowledged like that!

“That’s nice,” the Snapper comments, removing the cork from the vial of sap after giving Nia’s foot a thorough rinse. “Kind of him to be staying. I’ve learned from the few times he has been injured and visiting us that Chou isn’t exactly one for conversation.”

Chou can’t help but agree. Connecting with other dragons is such a challenge, on the rare occasion he finds himself desiring to. But to prove a point that he has no intention of leaving the dragon who interested him so, Chou sits down beside the cot as Libra treats the wound.

The Snapper takes over the conversation again, letting the sap drip out onto the wound ever so slowly. “You will feel a bit of a sting, but that’s to be expected. Sap does a surprisingly good job disinfecting wounds, so a bit of pain would mean it’s working properly.”
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
Nia nodds along to the instructions of the Snapper. Even though they expected a little bit of a sting from Libra's warning, they still hiss as the pain that follows the sap on their wound, wings twitching a little in surprise.

But the pain fades away after a few seconds, so Nia decides to adress Libra again.

"I don't think that just the wound is the problem. It really hurts a lot to stand on my leg, so it might be sprained?", he says in an unsure tone, visibly upset at the possibility of it.
Nia nodds along to the instructions of the Snapper. Even though they expected a little bit of a sting from Libra's warning, they still hiss as the pain that follows the sap on their wound, wings twitching a little in surprise.

But the pain fades away after a few seconds, so Nia decides to adress Libra again.

"I don't think that just the wound is the problem. It really hurts a lot to stand on my leg, so it might be sprained?", he says in an unsure tone, visibly upset at the possibility of it.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
"Perhaps," Libra replied, while Chou hovered nearby. "The best case scenario is you just rolled it. Meaning you might have fallen over your foot or caught it in something while the rest of your body was moving. A roll is still a sprain, but it's usually on the less severe side. Could you try moving your foot in a circle? But if it starts to hurt too much, don't hesitate to stop yourself. I'd just like to gage how severe it is. Chou, while we're doing that, could you fetch a roll of bandages for Tithonia?"

Ever eager to serve, Chou sprung to his feet and shot Nia a reassuring look over his shoulder.

"I'll be back in just a moment."

As he trotted behind the curtain to look for the bandages, Libra chuckled to herself. "You must have done something special. If someone isn't giving him a time and place to fight for them, Chou is hardly present for any dragon."
"Perhaps," Libra replied, while Chou hovered nearby. "The best case scenario is you just rolled it. Meaning you might have fallen over your foot or caught it in something while the rest of your body was moving. A roll is still a sprain, but it's usually on the less severe side. Could you try moving your foot in a circle? But if it starts to hurt too much, don't hesitate to stop yourself. I'd just like to gage how severe it is. Chou, while we're doing that, could you fetch a roll of bandages for Tithonia?"

Ever eager to serve, Chou sprung to his feet and shot Nia a reassuring look over his shoulder.

"I'll be back in just a moment."

As he trotted behind the curtain to look for the bandages, Libra chuckled to herself. "You must have done something special. If someone isn't giving him a time and place to fight for them, Chou is hardly present for any dragon."
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
Nia looks after Chou as he leaves, somehow not able to avert his eyes from the taller dragon. Something about him is just so intriguing to Nia, from the way he talks to his politeness to the way he walks with a certain aura of strength around him.

At Libra's words, however, he is surprised. "Really?", he asks, not able to keep the surprise out of his voice, "He seems very nice and caring..."

They then follow Libra's orders then, slowly moving their foot in a circle a few times.

"It only hurts a little bit, but not much", they mutter, "it only strongly hurts when I actually put weight on it"
Nia looks after Chou as he leaves, somehow not able to avert his eyes from the taller dragon. Something about him is just so intriguing to Nia, from the way he talks to his politeness to the way he walks with a certain aura of strength around him.

At Libra's words, however, he is surprised. "Really?", he asks, not able to keep the surprise out of his voice, "He seems very nice and caring..."

They then follow Libra's orders then, slowly moving their foot in a circle a few times.

"It only hurts a little bit, but not much", they mutter, "it only strongly hurts when I actually put weight on it"
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
"It's likely to be just a light, or medium-intensity sprain," Libra addresses the medical concerns first. "I can get a compression bandage set up for you. I would stay off the foot for this first day, and then ease back into using it after you give it some rest."

She follows Nia's gaze, pausing to make sure Chou didn't walk out as she spoke.

"I don't doubt that he is kind," she remarks. "But no one in this clan has really ever properly spoken to Chou. I've tried a few times when he's come by here before, but he always steers the conversation back to his work and asking if I need help. You must have struck a chord with him. He treated the whole situation with such urgency when he came to get me."

Just then, Chou pushes aside the curtain, a roll of gauze wrapped in his tail. Libra gingerly takes the wraps from him and begins to bind them tightly around Nia's ankle. Chou is staring him curiously up and down, curious as to what Libra had to say about the severity of his injury.
"It's likely to be just a light, or medium-intensity sprain," Libra addresses the medical concerns first. "I can get a compression bandage set up for you. I would stay off the foot for this first day, and then ease back into using it after you give it some rest."

She follows Nia's gaze, pausing to make sure Chou didn't walk out as she spoke.

"I don't doubt that he is kind," she remarks. "But no one in this clan has really ever properly spoken to Chou. I've tried a few times when he's come by here before, but he always steers the conversation back to his work and asking if I need help. You must have struck a chord with him. He treated the whole situation with such urgency when he came to get me."

Just then, Chou pushes aside the curtain, a roll of gauze wrapped in his tail. Libra gingerly takes the wraps from him and begins to bind them tightly around Nia's ankle. Chou is staring him curiously up and down, curious as to what Libra had to say about the severity of his injury.
bYt72YT.png
"I'm glad that it's not that bad", Nia said in between the conversation, "I will have a long way home..."

Nia listens closely to Libras words about Chou, it makes him wonder how he is different from other dragons. Somehow it also makes him feel warm inside...

"Thanks for bringing the gauze Chou!", Nia adresses the other skydancer after he comes back. "Libra said that my sprained ankle is not too severe!". His tone is quite happy for someone who is still hurt and bound to stay in a strange clan for at least a few more days.
"I'm glad that it's not that bad", Nia said in between the conversation, "I will have a long way home..."

Nia listens closely to Libras words about Chou, it makes him wonder how he is different from other dragons. Somehow it also makes him feel warm inside...

"Thanks for bringing the gauze Chou!", Nia adresses the other skydancer after he comes back. "Libra said that my sprained ankle is not too severe!". His tone is quite happy for someone who is still hurt and bound to stay in a strange clan for at least a few more days.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
"That's excellent to hear," Chou remarks with a small smile. "I am certain she has already advised you to do so, but please make sure to take things easy. Just one day of rest can significantly speed the healing process."

"Echoing advice Doc's given to you before, are you, Chou?" Libra smiles, standing as she finishes tying off the bandage. "Well, he isn't the head physician for nothing. I am glad he's busy with Otzi at the moment, he isn't exactly the best dragon to present a stranger to..."

She turns to face the both of them now. "Well, that's the most I can do. Chou... why don't you show this guest of yours around?"

It's impossible to see beneath his helm, but that comment flushes a bit of color into Chou's cheeks. He takes a deep breath for composure, then faces Nia.

"Ah, yes... I suppose you will be staying here for a few days. It would only be fair to acquaint you with our home. Are you hungry?"
"That's excellent to hear," Chou remarks with a small smile. "I am certain she has already advised you to do so, but please make sure to take things easy. Just one day of rest can significantly speed the healing process."

"Echoing advice Doc's given to you before, are you, Chou?" Libra smiles, standing as she finishes tying off the bandage. "Well, he isn't the head physician for nothing. I am glad he's busy with Otzi at the moment, he isn't exactly the best dragon to present a stranger to..."

She turns to face the both of them now. "Well, that's the most I can do. Chou... why don't you show this guest of yours around?"

It's impossible to see beneath his helm, but that comment flushes a bit of color into Chou's cheeks. He takes a deep breath for composure, then faces Nia.

"Ah, yes... I suppose you will be staying here for a few days. It would only be fair to acquaint you with our home. Are you hungry?"
bYt72YT.png
(gosh I ship ChouNia an unreasonable amount aye. Also, you seem to have a lot of time for rp today! That's cool since I'm kinda bored :D )

Nia watches the conversation between Libra and Chou silently, his gaze mainly drawn to Chou. When it is time to get up, Nia carefully stands on three legs, holding the bandaged one up safely.

Turning to face Libra, he addresses her with a smile. "Thank you so much for treating me and being so nice! I will come by before leaving and pay you accordingly!"

Afterwards turning to Chou, Nia answers him next.

"I actually am starving!", he laughs a little, the sound sweet and light, "will I stay with you until I'm fit to leave?" the question is asked innocently, Nia looking up at Chou expectantly.
(gosh I ship ChouNia an unreasonable amount aye. Also, you seem to have a lot of time for rp today! That's cool since I'm kinda bored :D )

Nia watches the conversation between Libra and Chou silently, his gaze mainly drawn to Chou. When it is time to get up, Nia carefully stands on three legs, holding the bandaged one up safely.

Turning to face Libra, he addresses her with a smile. "Thank you so much for treating me and being so nice! I will come by before leaving and pay you accordingly!"

Afterwards turning to Chou, Nia answers him next.

"I actually am starving!", he laughs a little, the sound sweet and light, "will I stay with you until I'm fit to leave?" the question is asked innocently, Nia looking up at Chou expectantly.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
[ ah I picked a bad time to go off for a bit sorry! But you’re right, I’m hecka into this wholesome content ^v^ ]

Libra attempts to say “no need”, but is cut off watching Nia interact with Chou.

“Ah…” his cheeks tint again when he hears that laugh. He’s never truly been part of a conversation with other dragons this extensively—it’s an alien, but uplifting sound. “With me?”

Admittedly he had been considering the inn as his first suggestion—it was where most traveling dragons stayed, and he assumed Nia would want to inquire about a room there. Chou was the type of dragon who loved his solitude, but the idea of Nia rooming with him for some time wasn’t an unwelcome one. He would like to spend more time with… would it be right to consider Nia his first “friend”? He would have to ask—he didn’t want to impose. Friendship was quite the big deal in his head…

“Ah… certainly,” he cleared his throat. “My apologies, I wasn’t expecting you to want to stay with me. Regardless… food is served here in the lair, but many also like to visit the Leper’s Rest Tavern for a meal in the evenings. Would you like to eat there? It is very accommodating to all types of dragon diets.”
[ ah I picked a bad time to go off for a bit sorry! But you’re right, I’m hecka into this wholesome content ^v^ ]

Libra attempts to say “no need”, but is cut off watching Nia interact with Chou.

“Ah…” his cheeks tint again when he hears that laugh. He’s never truly been part of a conversation with other dragons this extensively—it’s an alien, but uplifting sound. “With me?”

Admittedly he had been considering the inn as his first suggestion—it was where most traveling dragons stayed, and he assumed Nia would want to inquire about a room there. Chou was the type of dragon who loved his solitude, but the idea of Nia rooming with him for some time wasn’t an unwelcome one. He would like to spend more time with… would it be right to consider Nia his first “friend”? He would have to ask—he didn’t want to impose. Friendship was quite the big deal in his head…

“Ah… certainly,” he cleared his throat. “My apologies, I wasn’t expecting you to want to stay with me. Regardless… food is served here in the lair, but many also like to visit the Leper’s Rest Tavern for a meal in the evenings. Would you like to eat there? It is very accommodating to all types of dragon diets.”
bYt72YT.png
(No worries!)

Nia gets a bit flustered in return and looks to the ground.

"I mean, only if you are comfortable with it! I just like to be with people I know over strangers, even tho I'm sure everyone is really nice!", Nia barely stops himself from rambling again.

"But yeah, the tavern sounds amazing! Lead the way, I will follow as good as I can!"

Nia hopps a few steps with three legs experimentally, looking very concentrated.

(No worries!)

Nia gets a bit flustered in return and looks to the ground.

"I mean, only if you are comfortable with it! I just like to be with people I know over strangers, even tho I'm sure everyone is really nice!", Nia barely stops himself from rambling again.

"But yeah, the tavern sounds amazing! Lead the way, I will follow as good as I can!"

Nia hopps a few steps with three legs experimentally, looking very concentrated.

cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30