Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ dukeofyork
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
Chou gasps.
Ever the opportunists, Infestation Hounds tended to give up on prey if it seemed the pursuit would be too much trouble. But this one wouldn't be spooked by just some loud noise, it seemed.

Chou grits his teeth against the handle of his sword as he sees the hound pounce. Using the weight of the weapon for added momentum, he streaks down from his place in the sky. With all his weight (light as that may be) behind his blade, Chou threw the blunt, flat end of the sword against the hound's face, knocking it off the other Skydancer.

To be certain, he roots his feet between the outsider and the beast, brandishing his weapon at the hound, warning it that if it tried again, it would be meeting the blade's much less forgiving sharpened edge.
Chou gasps.
Ever the opportunists, Infestation Hounds tended to give up on prey if it seemed the pursuit would be too much trouble. But this one wouldn't be spooked by just some loud noise, it seemed.

Chou grits his teeth against the handle of his sword as he sees the hound pounce. Using the weight of the weapon for added momentum, he streaks down from his place in the sky. With all his weight (light as that may be) behind his blade, Chou threw the blunt, flat end of the sword against the hound's face, knocking it off the other Skydancer.

To be certain, he roots his feet between the outsider and the beast, brandishing his weapon at the hound, warning it that if it tried again, it would be meeting the blade's much less forgiving sharpened edge.
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
The Hound only made contact with Nia for a few terrifying seconds before the weight of it is suddenly off of him again. Nia uses this opportunity to stand up as fast as possible, ignoring their injured leg thanks to the adrenaline rushing through their veins.

Upon seeing that the taller skydancer is now standing in front of the Hound, Nia quickly gets more behind the other to be out of sight of the Infestation Hound.

Said Hound apparently decided that the situation was not worth it and ran after looking at the armor-clad skydancer for a few short seconds.
The Hound only made contact with Nia for a few terrifying seconds before the weight of it is suddenly off of him again. Nia uses this opportunity to stand up as fast as possible, ignoring their injured leg thanks to the adrenaline rushing through their veins.

Upon seeing that the taller skydancer is now standing in front of the Hound, Nia quickly gets more behind the other to be out of sight of the Infestation Hound.

Said Hound apparently decided that the situation was not worth it and ran after looking at the armor-clad skydancer for a few short seconds.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
Chou smiles to himself as he watches the monster run off. Seems the thing got the message, after all. The monsters here in the wastes are far more ferocious than the ones in his birthland, but they still recognize a threat when they see one. With a flourish, he slides his broadsword back into its sheath.

Chou bristles as he feels the other Skydancer brush against his tail. He'd been so focused on scaring the Infestation Hound off, he hadn't yet checked to make sure if its target was alright.

Turning to face the outsider, Chou puffs out his chest with a deep breath, preparing for the use of his bold, "knightly" voice.

"Citizen," he begins, looking them up and down for signs of major injury before his eyes settle on the way they hold their injured leg. "Are you alright?"
Chou smiles to himself as he watches the monster run off. Seems the thing got the message, after all. The monsters here in the wastes are far more ferocious than the ones in his birthland, but they still recognize a threat when they see one. With a flourish, he slides his broadsword back into its sheath.

Chou bristles as he feels the other Skydancer brush against his tail. He'd been so focused on scaring the Infestation Hound off, he hadn't yet checked to make sure if its target was alright.

Turning to face the outsider, Chou puffs out his chest with a deep breath, preparing for the use of his bold, "knightly" voice.

"Citizen," he begins, looking them up and down for signs of major injury before his eyes settle on the way they hold their injured leg. "Are you alright?"
vista_tundra2.pngtumblr_pt3kolTotX1tesnpoo1_75sq.gifplague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gifplague_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciw239.gifvista_tundra2.png
bYt72YT.png
Nia breathes a sign of relief as the monster leaves. Only now does he notice the way his whole body trembles from adrenaline and fear.

As the other skydancer faces him, Nia looks up at him again. He briefly notices the other's vibrant feathers where the taller is not wearing any armor.

"Thank you so much for saving me!", he says in one breath while looking up at the other, meeting his eyes through the mask.

Only then does he realize that the other Skydancer looked at his foreleg which he is still holding up as to avoid putting weight on it.

"Oh, this...", he carefully puts his foot down a little only to his and pull his leg back up a second later. "I'm not sure actually..."
Nia breathes a sign of relief as the monster leaves. Only now does he notice the way his whole body trembles from adrenaline and fear.

As the other skydancer faces him, Nia looks up at him again. He briefly notices the other's vibrant feathers where the taller is not wearing any armor.

"Thank you so much for saving me!", he says in one breath while looking up at the other, meeting his eyes through the mask.

Only then does he realize that the other Skydancer looked at his foreleg which he is still holding up as to avoid putting weight on it.

"Oh, this...", he carefully puts his foot down a little only to his and pull his leg back up a second later. "I'm not sure actually..."
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
It is rare someone makes an effort to find where Chou’s small cyan eyes peer out from his helm, so being looked directly in the eyes takes him slightly a back. He flinches back from the quickly delivered, but still energetic thanks. He can sense the emotion of gratitude—at least, what he assumes it is. Without context, he admittedly wouldn’t understand…

Chou closes the distance between the two of them, leaning in to stare at the other Skydancer’s leg. He can’t say he knows the wound’s severity, minor or major…

It is only in that moment that he realizes he forgot his manners, and bows his head, backing away.

“You—ahem,” he clears his throat. “You’re welcome. I am only doing what I was trained for. Now, regarding your leg…”

He strains to remember his protocol for an injured citizen—the cases he’s seen abroad didn’t have many of those. Recalling his flight pattern, he turns the direction he recalls coming from.

“I reside in the lair of a clan due north from here. We have an infirmary that could tend to you, as well as an inn to keep outlanders such as yourself comfortable… shall I guide you there?”
It is rare someone makes an effort to find where Chou’s small cyan eyes peer out from his helm, so being looked directly in the eyes takes him slightly a back. He flinches back from the quickly delivered, but still energetic thanks. He can sense the emotion of gratitude—at least, what he assumes it is. Without context, he admittedly wouldn’t understand…

Chou closes the distance between the two of them, leaning in to stare at the other Skydancer’s leg. He can’t say he knows the wound’s severity, minor or major…

It is only in that moment that he realizes he forgot his manners, and bows his head, backing away.

“You—ahem,” he clears his throat. “You’re welcome. I am only doing what I was trained for. Now, regarding your leg…”

He strains to remember his protocol for an injured citizen—the cases he’s seen abroad didn’t have many of those. Recalling his flight pattern, he turns the direction he recalls coming from.

“I reside in the lair of a clan due north from here. We have an infirmary that could tend to you, as well as an inn to keep outlanders such as yourself comfortable… shall I guide you there?”
bYt72YT.png
Nia, who didn't see anything wrong with the other's behavior, tilts his head at the slight awkwardness that seems to have caught up with him but refrains from mentioning it.

Instead, he considers for a second if it is safe to go with this stranger to a clan in the Scarred Wasteland he knows nothing about. Then again, this stranger just saved his life and seems to be a kind person.

Another problem is that they just had a day-long flight and long walk behind them and were in absolutely no condition to go anywhere alone, even if he knew the way. So help is his best option.

"That would be good", he ends up saying, "but I just had a day-long flight behind me, so I don't think I can fly now."
He stretches his wings a little to emphasize his point, his usually bright and pretty feathers being ruffled and dirty.

"I wanted to fly to my clan in the Viridian Labyrinth but this huge storm came and I thought I was flying in the right direction but apparently not and well-" Nia realizes suddenly that he is babbling- a nervous habit of his that his clan usually fondly roll their eyes at- and stops abruptly.

"I am Tithonia by the way, but you can call me Nia", they finish off, looking at the ground in embarassment.
Nia, who didn't see anything wrong with the other's behavior, tilts his head at the slight awkwardness that seems to have caught up with him but refrains from mentioning it.

Instead, he considers for a second if it is safe to go with this stranger to a clan in the Scarred Wasteland he knows nothing about. Then again, this stranger just saved his life and seems to be a kind person.

Another problem is that they just had a day-long flight and long walk behind them and were in absolutely no condition to go anywhere alone, even if he knew the way. So help is his best option.

"That would be good", he ends up saying, "but I just had a day-long flight behind me, so I don't think I can fly now."
He stretches his wings a little to emphasize his point, his usually bright and pretty feathers being ruffled and dirty.

"I wanted to fly to my clan in the Viridian Labyrinth but this huge storm came and I thought I was flying in the right direction but apparently not and well-" Nia realizes suddenly that he is babbling- a nervous habit of his that his clan usually fondly roll their eyes at- and stops abruptly.

"I am Tithonia by the way, but you can call me Nia", they finish off, looking at the ground in embarassment.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
Chou nods, listening intently. Listening, that has always been his forte. It’s far easier than keeping up in fast conversation…

“The Viridian Labyrinth,” he echoes. “Interesting. I should have noted that from your eyes. Yes, I can see how the wastes would be intimidating to a Nature dragon… fear not, there is very minimal animosity in my home clan’s dragons towards Nature.”

He turns in the direction of the lair, pointing its snout in its direction. He paused when the other Skydancer gave his name.

“Tithonia,” he echoed. “A fine name.”

He bows his head. “Chou. That is my given name. I am told it means ‘butterfly’ in a tongue I do not know. I have no nickname. Shall I show you the way to the inn? I shall ensure no other beasts give you trouble, Nia.”
Chou nods, listening intently. Listening, that has always been his forte. It’s far easier than keeping up in fast conversation…

“The Viridian Labyrinth,” he echoes. “Interesting. I should have noted that from your eyes. Yes, I can see how the wastes would be intimidating to a Nature dragon… fear not, there is very minimal animosity in my home clan’s dragons towards Nature.”

He turns in the direction of the lair, pointing its snout in its direction. He paused when the other Skydancer gave his name.

“Tithonia,” he echoed. “A fine name.”

He bows his head. “Chou. That is my given name. I am told it means ‘butterfly’ in a tongue I do not know. I have no nickname. Shall I show you the way to the inn? I shall ensure no other beasts give you trouble, Nia.”
bYt72YT.png
Something about Chou makes Nia want to get to know him better. He seems like a very fascinating dragon to him, so he listens closely to the other.

"I think that name suits you well, your wings are very pretty, like those of the monarch butterflies that live in my home area! And yes, I would appreciate it a lot if you brought me there! Thank you again!"

Nia is a bit more back to his usual cheerful self, but now that the adrenaline wears off, he feels the full impact of the pain in his leg as well.

I really need a doctor before I can go back home
Something about Chou makes Nia want to get to know him better. He seems like a very fascinating dragon to him, so he listens closely to the other.

"I think that name suits you well, your wings are very pretty, like those of the monarch butterflies that live in my home area! And yes, I would appreciate it a lot if you brought me there! Thank you again!"

Nia is a bit more back to his usual cheerful self, but now that the adrenaline wears off, he feels the full impact of the pain in his leg as well.

I really need a doctor before I can go back home
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
[Hey, sorry if I don't respond much today, it's kinda hectic and busy for me but I'll try and reply when I can!!]

Chou raises an eyebrow at his immense cheer. Perhaps it is just the nature of the Scarred Wasteland, but there are not many dragons this... happy in the area. Every dragon in the wastes makes a habit of wearing a constant serious mask. It's refreshing, somewhat, and even moreso, it tickles Chou's heart to know how grateful this dragon is. Somehow, this is more fulfilling than coin payment for his services.

He was equally taken aback by the compliment on his wings. He was no stranger to compliments from thankful citizens, but they usually were directed towards his armor set, or way with the blade, not... him. He fluttered his wings thoughtfully.

"I... thank you," he turned back to Nia. "Your wings are quite nice, as well. The striations are... charming. Much like a sunset sky."

He fluttered his wings again, this time turning his head skyward, and away from the conversation that was stirring up such odd feelings in him. "Are you able to fly? I would only assume that would be easier than putting more pressure on your leg."
[Hey, sorry if I don't respond much today, it's kinda hectic and busy for me but I'll try and reply when I can!!]

Chou raises an eyebrow at his immense cheer. Perhaps it is just the nature of the Scarred Wasteland, but there are not many dragons this... happy in the area. Every dragon in the wastes makes a habit of wearing a constant serious mask. It's refreshing, somewhat, and even moreso, it tickles Chou's heart to know how grateful this dragon is. Somehow, this is more fulfilling than coin payment for his services.

He was equally taken aback by the compliment on his wings. He was no stranger to compliments from thankful citizens, but they usually were directed towards his armor set, or way with the blade, not... him. He fluttered his wings thoughtfully.

"I... thank you," he turned back to Nia. "Your wings are quite nice, as well. The striations are... charming. Much like a sunset sky."

He fluttered his wings again, this time turning his head skyward, and away from the conversation that was stirring up such odd feelings in him. "Are you able to fly? I would only assume that would be easier than putting more pressure on your leg."
bYt72YT.png
(No worries, I am busy studying as well)

Nia feels heat rising to their cheeks at Chou's comment about their wings and looks down shily. He actually gets compliments on his looks quite often, his pastel-colored eyes and bright wings being considered attractive by a lot of other dragons, however, this one makes him feel more nervous and excited than usual.

In the end, he chooses to not address the compliment, instead answering Chou's question.

"Yeah, I think it will be ok. I just had that mentioned flight behind me but if it's not too long, I should manage. Not like there is another choice..."

Nia actually prefers staying on the ground at most times, but this is an emergency, so he pulls himself together.
(No worries, I am busy studying as well)

Nia feels heat rising to their cheeks at Chou's comment about their wings and looks down shily. He actually gets compliments on his looks quite often, his pastel-colored eyes and bright wings being considered attractive by a lot of other dragons, however, this one makes him feel more nervous and excited than usual.

In the end, he chooses to not address the compliment, instead answering Chou's question.

"Yeah, I think it will be ok. I just had that mentioned flight behind me but if it's not too long, I should manage. Not like there is another choice..."

Nia actually prefers staying on the ground at most times, but this is an emergency, so he pulls himself together.
cVPo4yi.png
dEe2UrM.png
QUIpVFE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30