Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ FC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(@FoxyCipher angst time)

Starter: POV you're part of the tanksona gang and Juniper returns after a year of disappearing for an unknown reason. They're walking around the camp, hoping to find somebody they know.
(@FoxyCipher angst time)

Starter: POV you're part of the tanksona gang and Juniper returns after a year of disappearing for an unknown reason. They're walking around the camp, hoping to find somebody they know.
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
RP friendly (ask about fandoms n OCs)
Ping/PM me if you wish, Idrc :)
Current projects:
Dragon-sona breeding project
Fandergs n whatnot
Moving my lore derg to the hibden and my fandergs to the main lair
@ShiftingWind

Oh, I can do angst, alright...

Phoenix notices Juniper's absence almost immediately after her kidnapping. Role call turns up one member missing, and after reporting the absence to Captain and receiving only a "meh, I'm sure she's fine" in return, Phoenix sends the other recruits on a thorough search of the base. Not a single clue to her absence is found.

The first week after Juniper's disappearance is spent in relative ease, but as days stretch into weeks and then months, the rest of the squadron grows increasingly concerned about their missing chaos gremlin. Captain continues to brush it off, even suggesting that Juniper going MIA for so long might indicate her death on the battlefield - a suggestion swiftly and promptly squashed into the ground (along with Captain himself, courtesy of Hank and a very angry Feral!Nessie).

Nessie takes Juniper's absence the hardest - Phoenix spends many insomniatic nights comforting her over the loss of her dear friend. Boar does his best to keep morale up, but it's obvious that Juniper's disappearance has dampened everyone's spirits. Even Atlas and Io seem to have lost their taste for chaos.

Phoenix keeps surprisingly quiet about the disappearance of Juniper, and for a time there's a rumor around base that Phoenix herself was the result of the disappearance - another unpopular opinion that is once again shot down (this time by Phoenix herself, directly in the nuts). She keeps a close tally of the days past since Juniper's absence, and sends in a monthly MIA report for Juniper in case anyone else around base has seen her. Her stern emotional facade is enforced more strongly than ever, but behind closed doors, she's just as much of an emotional wreck as everyone else in the squadron.

Then, one morning, shortly after role call and the squadron's solemn acknowledgement that today marks exactly one year since Juniper's disappearance, Phoenix catches sight of a familiar face sneaking back into the barracks...

"Juniper? Is that you?"
@ShiftingWind

Oh, I can do angst, alright...

Phoenix notices Juniper's absence almost immediately after her kidnapping. Role call turns up one member missing, and after reporting the absence to Captain and receiving only a "meh, I'm sure she's fine" in return, Phoenix sends the other recruits on a thorough search of the base. Not a single clue to her absence is found.

The first week after Juniper's disappearance is spent in relative ease, but as days stretch into weeks and then months, the rest of the squadron grows increasingly concerned about their missing chaos gremlin. Captain continues to brush it off, even suggesting that Juniper going MIA for so long might indicate her death on the battlefield - a suggestion swiftly and promptly squashed into the ground (along with Captain himself, courtesy of Hank and a very angry Feral!Nessie).

Nessie takes Juniper's absence the hardest - Phoenix spends many insomniatic nights comforting her over the loss of her dear friend. Boar does his best to keep morale up, but it's obvious that Juniper's disappearance has dampened everyone's spirits. Even Atlas and Io seem to have lost their taste for chaos.

Phoenix keeps surprisingly quiet about the disappearance of Juniper, and for a time there's a rumor around base that Phoenix herself was the result of the disappearance - another unpopular opinion that is once again shot down (this time by Phoenix herself, directly in the nuts). She keeps a close tally of the days past since Juniper's absence, and sends in a monthly MIA report for Juniper in case anyone else around base has seen her. Her stern emotional facade is enforced more strongly than ever, but behind closed doors, she's just as much of an emotional wreck as everyone else in the squadron.

Then, one morning, shortly after role call and the squadron's solemn acknowledgement that today marks exactly one year since Juniper's disappearance, Phoenix catches sight of a familiar face sneaking back into the barracks...

"Juniper? Is that you?"
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Prepare to ride the currents
Rise into the sky
(hOLY HECK MY HEART-)

They startle, glancing around. "Ph-Phoenix-?"
(hOLY HECK MY HEART-)

They startle, glancing around. "Ph-Phoenix-?"
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
"Over here, Juni."

Phoenix's voice is uncharacteristically soft as she makes her presence known, stepping out from under the shadow of the barracks but pausing just shy of the sunlight. A tense pause passes between the two as Phoenix looks Juniper up and down, almost as if re-confirming the identity of the bedraggled, scrawny recruit cowering a few feet away. The gravity of the situation now fully realized, Phoenix raises an uncertain hand in Juniper's direction before retracting it slightly, almost afraid, like this illusion might be broken if physical contact is made between them. Her voice cracks as she speaks, barely restraining a flood of emotions not yet fully realized.

"Juniper... by the gods, it really is you."
"Over here, Juni."

Phoenix's voice is uncharacteristically soft as she makes her presence known, stepping out from under the shadow of the barracks but pausing just shy of the sunlight. A tense pause passes between the two as Phoenix looks Juniper up and down, almost as if re-confirming the identity of the bedraggled, scrawny recruit cowering a few feet away. The gravity of the situation now fully realized, Phoenix raises an uncertain hand in Juniper's direction before retracting it slightly, almost afraid, like this illusion might be broken if physical contact is made between them. Her voice cracks as she speaks, barely restraining a flood of emotions not yet fully realized.

"Juniper... by the gods, it really is you."
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Rise into the sky
After a tense moment, they suddenly whip around and hug her, sobbing quietly.
After a tense moment, they suddenly whip around and hug her, sobbing quietly.
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
"Juni-?!"

The unexpected hug almost knocks Phoenix off balance, but as Juniper buries their face in Phoenix's shoulder and starts crying, emotional instinct takes over and Phoenix hugs Juniper closer than she ever had prior to Juni's absence. There's a quiet, plastic-y "boink" as Phoenix lowers her head against Juni's and their helmets make contact, and tears well up beneath Phoenix's shades as she comforts her long-lost recruit.

"Shh... shh. It's okay. You're okay. I'm here."

Phoenix gently rubs Juniper's back as she hugs them close, a soothing motion far gentler than one might expect from someone like her. Nevertheless, it has an almost practiced kindness to it, as if Juni isn't the first to receive such a gesture.

"I missed you too, Juni."
"Juni-?!"

The unexpected hug almost knocks Phoenix off balance, but as Juniper buries their face in Phoenix's shoulder and starts crying, emotional instinct takes over and Phoenix hugs Juniper closer than she ever had prior to Juni's absence. There's a quiet, plastic-y "boink" as Phoenix lowers her head against Juni's and their helmets make contact, and tears well up beneath Phoenix's shades as she comforts her long-lost recruit.

"Shh... shh. It's okay. You're okay. I'm here."

Phoenix gently rubs Juniper's back as she hugs them close, a soothing motion far gentler than one might expect from someone like her. Nevertheless, it has an almost practiced kindness to it, as if Juni isn't the first to receive such a gesture.

"I missed you too, Juni."
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Rise into the sky
(@FoxyCipher)

"Th-they told me you were d-dead-" they whimper. The bean's voice is hoarse and strained, as if they can't breathe very well.
(@FoxyCipher)

"Th-they told me you were d-dead-" they whimper. The bean's voice is hoarse and strained, as if they can't breathe very well.
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
Phoenix pulls back, gently lifting Juniper's face so she can get a better look at them. Any signs of her initial relief melt away as a familiar expression of concern spreads across her face, taking in the full extent of Juniper's damage: the various scars and bruises that paint their face, scratches and dents in their armor, a hole in their ear reminiscent of a tag piercing on livestock, tattered wings missing patches of feathers. When she finally speaks again, her voice is steady and serious, absent of all emotions but a carefully repressed anger.

"Juniper. Who did this to you? Who told you I was dead?"
Phoenix pulls back, gently lifting Juniper's face so she can get a better look at them. Any signs of her initial relief melt away as a familiar expression of concern spreads across her face, taking in the full extent of Juniper's damage: the various scars and bruises that paint their face, scratches and dents in their armor, a hole in their ear reminiscent of a tag piercing on livestock, tattered wings missing patches of feathers. When she finally speaks again, her voice is steady and serious, absent of all emotions but a carefully repressed anger.

"Juniper. Who did this to you? Who told you I was dead?"
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Rise into the sky
They tug at something around their neck. "Th-the- the s-scientists-"
They tug at something around their neck. "Th-the- the s-scientists-"
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
"Scientists?"

Phoenix's stern expression breaks momentarily, her gaze moving down to look at whatever Juniper's fiddling with around their neck.

"Juniper, move your hand. What is that?"
"Scientists?"

Phoenix's stern expression breaks momentarily, her gaze moving down to look at whatever Juniper's fiddling with around their neck.

"Juniper, move your hand. What is that?"
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png