Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | On The Seas IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1003 1004
On The Seas [IC]
The Plot
This roleplay takes place in the 18th century, but there's a twist: Magic. The goddess Calypso has given slivers of her power to other humans so they can do extraordinary things and so she is harder to locate. But Calypso has also made a lot of enemies in her thousands of years on the earth. The most ruthless, dangerous, and evil of them all (that we know of) being none other than Wade Barbeau. Wade will stop at nothing until Calypso is dead, and every single one of her power-lings are destroyed. Each power-ling has been gifted an ability. Each is different and each is extraordinary. Wade must be destroyed before it's too late and the only way to destroy an immortal being is with the Gems of the Elements. You were one of those beings granted great powers and you must find your stone, but to collect it, you need help from your crew. Each gemstone essentially belonged to a god and will amplify your powers enough to kill Wade Barbeau before he kills Calypso and destroys the pirates and before long, the whole world.
The Elements (Roles)
So, you get to make your own character, but here are the elements. One person per element please, and if you like, you can make up your own element. Once all the elements are filled, the roleplay will close, and once four of the elements are filled, the roleplay will start. Elements will be crossed out when they are taken. I also might add more to this list if I think of more. Now, without further ado, here are the elements and their gemstones!
Water: Sapphire of Poseidon
Fire: Ruby of Ares
Wind: Citrine of Zeus
Ice: Dimond of Boreas
Shadow: Hematite of Hades
Light: Garnet of Apollo
Mind/Dream: Amethyst of Hypnos
Nature: Lolite of Dionysus
Healing: Tanzanite of Asclepius
Earth: Sandstone of Gaia
(Note: This is not a greek mythology roleplay or POTC roleplay. Many pirates believed in the Greek gods so that is why the stones have those names.)
The Rules
1. Be kind! No insulting out of roleplay.
2. Stay on task. If someone says we're going to a cave, don't make your next post about us leaving the cave.
3. Only one person can find their stone per area, like, two stones can't be in the same place, and whoever comes up with the idea gets to find their stone unless they say otherwise.
4. No controlling other people's characters unless they give you permission to do so, and if your element is mind, you may control that person's mind and actions, but unless it is an NPC (non-player character) you cannot make them kill themselves.
5. If someone is harassing you to do something through PM or here even, please report it and tell me so we can put a stop to it!
6. This is probably one of the most important rules: Please stay active. Don't disappear on us without saying anything! (Like for me, Saturdays I won't be online because I usually have Volleyball practice and other things going on.)
7. Stay in character! If you have to speak out of character please use the OOC found below or use parentheses (Like this!)
8. Use proper grammar and spelling! Keep in mind that these are English pirates from the 18th century.
9. Romance is allowed between characters as long as it is somewhat of a slow burn. Fade to black techniques are okay.
10. Please try to keep the language appropriate though... no cursing like a drunken sailor (whoops bad pun, sorry) as long as it's allowed within FR Policies, then it's fine with me.
The Sign Up Form
To sign up, please use this link to the OOC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2970237#post_2970237

Happy sailing and I'll see you on the open waters, mate!
-lr21vb
On The Seas [IC]
The Plot
This roleplay takes place in the 18th century, but there's a twist: Magic. The goddess Calypso has given slivers of her power to other humans so they can do extraordinary things and so she is harder to locate. But Calypso has also made a lot of enemies in her thousands of years on the earth. The most ruthless, dangerous, and evil of them all (that we know of) being none other than Wade Barbeau. Wade will stop at nothing until Calypso is dead, and every single one of her power-lings are destroyed. Each power-ling has been gifted an ability. Each is different and each is extraordinary. Wade must be destroyed before it's too late and the only way to destroy an immortal being is with the Gems of the Elements. You were one of those beings granted great powers and you must find your stone, but to collect it, you need help from your crew. Each gemstone essentially belonged to a god and will amplify your powers enough to kill Wade Barbeau before he kills Calypso and destroys the pirates and before long, the whole world.
The Elements (Roles)
So, you get to make your own character, but here are the elements. One person per element please, and if you like, you can make up your own element. Once all the elements are filled, the roleplay will close, and once four of the elements are filled, the roleplay will start. Elements will be crossed out when they are taken. I also might add more to this list if I think of more. Now, without further ado, here are the elements and their gemstones!
Water: Sapphire of Poseidon
Fire: Ruby of Ares
Wind: Citrine of Zeus
Ice: Dimond of Boreas
Shadow: Hematite of Hades
Light: Garnet of Apollo
Mind/Dream: Amethyst of Hypnos
Nature: Lolite of Dionysus
Healing: Tanzanite of Asclepius
Earth: Sandstone of Gaia
(Note: This is not a greek mythology roleplay or POTC roleplay. Many pirates believed in the Greek gods so that is why the stones have those names.)
The Rules
1. Be kind! No insulting out of roleplay.
2. Stay on task. If someone says we're going to a cave, don't make your next post about us leaving the cave.
3. Only one person can find their stone per area, like, two stones can't be in the same place, and whoever comes up with the idea gets to find their stone unless they say otherwise.
4. No controlling other people's characters unless they give you permission to do so, and if your element is mind, you may control that person's mind and actions, but unless it is an NPC (non-player character) you cannot make them kill themselves.
5. If someone is harassing you to do something through PM or here even, please report it and tell me so we can put a stop to it!
6. This is probably one of the most important rules: Please stay active. Don't disappear on us without saying anything! (Like for me, Saturdays I won't be online because I usually have Volleyball practice and other things going on.)
7. Stay in character! If you have to speak out of character please use the OOC found below or use parentheses (Like this!)
8. Use proper grammar and spelling! Keep in mind that these are English pirates from the 18th century.
9. Romance is allowed between characters as long as it is somewhat of a slow burn. Fade to black techniques are okay.
10. Please try to keep the language appropriate though... no cursing like a drunken sailor (whoops bad pun, sorry) as long as it's allowed within FR Policies, then it's fine with me.
The Sign Up Form
To sign up, please use this link to the OOC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2970237#post_2970237

Happy sailing and I'll see you on the open waters, mate!
-lr21vb
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Eliza White
They shoved her forward, her hands bound in shackles. I can't believe these idiots actually caught me, she thought.
"Eliza Than White," said the governor of the town she'd docked her ship on the night before, "Charged for acts of piracy, interacting with pirates, and docking unauthorized at the port. Do you know the charges for these things?"
Eliza blew a strawberry blonde bang out of her face. She didn't speak, though, not yet. Better to save her voice for when she needed to talk herself out of this.
"You shall be hung!" Said the governor. He closed the scroll from which he was reading from. The guard shoved her on to the platform went to wrap the rope around her neck when Eliza finally spoke.
"Wait!" She yelled, "Uhm... don't I get last words?"
The governor sighed and told a servant to fetch some paper and a quill. "Very well, go ahead."
"Er..." She thought for a second, "I, Eliza Than White speak to you as I am about to be hung..." she rambled on about nonsense for a moment. The guard touched her skin: Big mistake. He froze and his eyes widened. He fell backward, out cold. Eliza ducked as another guard swung a punch at her. One brought his sword down and she held up her bound hands. The shackles were cut, "Why thank you," she said and shoved him off the platform. Eliza bolted down the steps and grabbed her sword. She paired another guard's attack and then made a run for it, her boots pounding on the dirt. She bolted towards the port and ran on to her ship. The ship with emerald sales. "All hands on deck!" She yelled to her crew. They scrambled around to get things moving. Eliza leaped on to the mast to open the sales, swinging on a rope and landing in front of the wheel. She waved at the guards as the ship sailed away and into the fog of the morning, a huge, mischievous grin plastered across her face.
Eliza White
They shoved her forward, her hands bound in shackles. I can't believe these idiots actually caught me, she thought.
"Eliza Than White," said the governor of the town she'd docked her ship on the night before, "Charged for acts of piracy, interacting with pirates, and docking unauthorized at the port. Do you know the charges for these things?"
Eliza blew a strawberry blonde bang out of her face. She didn't speak, though, not yet. Better to save her voice for when she needed to talk herself out of this.
"You shall be hung!" Said the governor. He closed the scroll from which he was reading from. The guard shoved her on to the platform went to wrap the rope around her neck when Eliza finally spoke.
"Wait!" She yelled, "Uhm... don't I get last words?"
The governor sighed and told a servant to fetch some paper and a quill. "Very well, go ahead."
"Er..." She thought for a second, "I, Eliza Than White speak to you as I am about to be hung..." she rambled on about nonsense for a moment. The guard touched her skin: Big mistake. He froze and his eyes widened. He fell backward, out cold. Eliza ducked as another guard swung a punch at her. One brought his sword down and she held up her bound hands. The shackles were cut, "Why thank you," she said and shoved him off the platform. Eliza bolted down the steps and grabbed her sword. She paired another guard's attack and then made a run for it, her boots pounding on the dirt. She bolted towards the port and ran on to her ship. The ship with emerald sales. "All hands on deck!" She yelled to her crew. They scrambled around to get things moving. Eliza leaped on to the mast to open the sales, swinging on a rope and landing in front of the wheel. She waved at the guards as the ship sailed away and into the fog of the morning, a huge, mischievous grin plastered across her face.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Rin

A strong wind blew, causing the small girls white dress to flow, and her silver hair to fall lightly on her face. `` Of course i pick the windiest spot in the forest to read...`` she mumbled and slowly got up to head back into the village. `` hey whats that? `` She glanced across the foggy dock only to see a large ship fading away. `` Odd ``
Rin

A strong wind blew, causing the small girls white dress to flow, and her silver hair to fall lightly on her face. `` Of course i pick the windiest spot in the forest to read...`` she mumbled and slowly got up to head back into the village. `` hey whats that? `` She glanced across the foggy dock only to see a large ship fading away. `` Odd ``
H6hl5e1.png XgoSE5I.png
Wade Barbeau
"She escaped... AGAIN?" The captain growled, "I thought I told you imbeciles not to touch her skin! She's a powerling for gods' sake!" He adjusted his captain's hat on his head and looked the guard dead in the eyes, "If this happens again I will reveal that you are working for me and you will be charged with piracy. You hear?" The guard whimpered and nodded. "Now... get outta here!" Wade Barbeau yelled. The guard turned and fled back into the city. Wade watched as Eliza White's emerald ship sailed off into the fog. He could even see her waving, "Dang you, White." He muttered, "Dang you."
Wade Barbeau
"She escaped... AGAIN?" The captain growled, "I thought I told you imbeciles not to touch her skin! She's a powerling for gods' sake!" He adjusted his captain's hat on his head and looked the guard dead in the eyes, "If this happens again I will reveal that you are working for me and you will be charged with piracy. You hear?" The guard whimpered and nodded. "Now... get outta here!" Wade Barbeau yelled. The guard turned and fled back into the city. Wade watched as Eliza White's emerald ship sailed off into the fog. He could even see her waving, "Dang you, White." He muttered, "Dang you."
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Isaac

I watched everything from the shadows of the warehouses. When a new powerling rose up, it’s always an impressive show. Foolish but impressive. Barbeau was growing in power, but until I had enough information I couldn’t take him out. The blonde waif that escaped the gallows had gone by ship. Disappearing into the alleyway, I went to scare up some information about this young powerling and her crew.
Isaac

I watched everything from the shadows of the warehouses. When a new powerling rose up, it’s always an impressive show. Foolish but impressive. Barbeau was growing in power, but until I had enough information I couldn’t take him out. The blonde waif that escaped the gallows had gone by ship. Disappearing into the alleyway, I went to scare up some information about this young powerling and her crew.
51782446420_a0a433b2ce_t.jpg
tumblr_inline_o6yflmESPj1ts73zp_400.png
tumblr_inline_o6ygf7tD5N1ts73zp_400.png
Eliza White
Eliza only docked her ship on the other side of the island. They still needed to restock. She moved through the alleyways, staying in the shadows. She didn't notice Isaac across from her and she kept moving right past him. Her huge black greyhound, Argentium, sniffed the air and growled. Eliza paused and noticed Isaac. She unsheathed her sword and pointed it at him, "Well what do we have here?"
Eliza White
Eliza only docked her ship on the other side of the island. They still needed to restock. She moved through the alleyways, staying in the shadows. She didn't notice Isaac across from her and she kept moving right past him. Her huge black greyhound, Argentium, sniffed the air and growled. Eliza paused and noticed Isaac. She unsheathed her sword and pointed it at him, "Well what do we have here?"
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Isaac

I calmly stepped out of the shadows, eyeing the sword with distaste. “You should put that away before you draw attention to yourself. We both know that’s the last thing you need.”
Isaac

I calmly stepped out of the shadows, eyeing the sword with distaste. “You should put that away before you draw attention to yourself. We both know that’s the last thing you need.”
Eliza White
Argentium growled again but Eliza hushed the hound. "You know who I am?" She asked, sheathing her sword. Eliza didn't seem to move, but the hound bounded off back the way they came. Her hand was still on the hilt of her sword that was sheathed on her belt. Eliza tilted her head, "You do know who I am," she said in a hollow voice. Her eyes seemed to bore holes right through Isaac's soul.
Eliza White
Argentium growled again but Eliza hushed the hound. "You know who I am?" She asked, sheathing her sword. Eliza didn't seem to move, but the hound bounded off back the way they came. Her hand was still on the hilt of her sword that was sheathed on her belt. Eliza tilted her head, "You do know who I am," she said in a hollow voice. Her eyes seemed to bore holes right through Isaac's soul.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
`` I should get going....Vee will be worried...`` She said outloud even though no one seemed to be near. ( Just for reference, rin is a orphan, and im glad you can join ru!! ^^ )
`` I should get going....Vee will be worried...`` She said outloud even though no one seemed to be near. ( Just for reference, rin is a orphan, and im glad you can join ru!! ^^ )
H6hl5e1.png XgoSE5I.png
(Thanks sun!)

Isaac

"Yes, I know of you. The whole port does too after that scene you made. Take my advice. Leave town tonight and make sure you are far away. Let things cool down and make it harder for the law to find you."
Just then, a young woman came out of the orphanage across the street. They both recognized her as Veruschka, known to the locals as Vee. All of the men knew that very bad things would happen if they ever tried to score her.
I quietly sank back into the shadows.
(Thanks sun!)

Isaac

"Yes, I know of you. The whole port does too after that scene you made. Take my advice. Leave town tonight and make sure you are far away. Let things cool down and make it harder for the law to find you."
Just then, a young woman came out of the orphanage across the street. They both recognized her as Veruschka, known to the locals as Vee. All of the men knew that very bad things would happen if they ever tried to score her.
I quietly sank back into the shadows.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 1003 1004