Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Universe's Demise (OPEN!!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
:The Universe's Demise:

:Storyline:
Many, many years ago...and I mean, many many years ago...like, a ton of years ago, the Universe was created. But not the one you're thinking of. When I say, the Universe, I mean the 4 people who rule our very existence. They have actual names, but they're too hard to pronounce, so we just refer to them as their celestial colors, Blue, White, Orange, and Red. You know the stars? The blue ones, and the white ones, and the orange and reds? Well, they were made in honor of the Universe. The stars, from hottest to coldest, represent which of the Universe is the strongest and the weakest.
The Universe is also evil.
Have you ever heard that saying, power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts? Well, how much more power can you get when you rule the very existence of everything? Not much more. Not much more at all.

There are also two forces that rule certain parts of what the Universe rules to share the burden of ruling everything. They are called the Pures and the Loyals. The Pures are the stars of this story. No joy, sadness, loyalty, betrayal, death, and life would exist without the Pures. All things good and all things bad wouldn't exist without the Pures.

The Pures were made shortly after the Universe formed, and they, along with the Universe and the Loyals, are immortal. That is to say, they couldn't die of old age. They could still die by battle or illness though.
Recently, a cataclysmic event occurred. More than twenty of the Pures were killed, and because of this, more than twenty random people would have to fill their shoes.

:Extra Bits of Info:

The Universe is behind the murders, and the first flame has been lit. A couple are aware of the Universe's involvement, and are deeply resentful of them. Many of the ones killed have been around since nearly the beginning of time, so they were lifelong friends of the others. Another reason this was such a big deal was that before this, only 3 of the Pures had ever died. So this was a HUGE deal. None of the Pures were ready to train the new ones to come.

:Forms:
Every Pure has two forms:
Their Main Form
Their Secondary Form
The Main Form is something that is pretty big, such as, Loyalty, Joy, Wrath, etc.. These forms are the ones that most heavily impact the Pure Form Appearance, (just wait a bit), and also are what your powers will gravitate around a bit more. Memory, for instance, has the ability to look at the memories of others, remove them, alter them, etc.. However, they also have to impact the character on a daily basis, such as, if a Memory is too powerful, Memory will get sucked into it whether or not she wanted to. The powers also have to have the potential to be harmful to others, and if you want to, the character themselves. Again, if the memory is too powerful, Memory will have all the injuries that occurred in the memory happen to her like she was there herself. She can also remove or alter memories which can be very bad for others. The Main Form is also unique.
The Second Form is less consequential. Usually it only slightly affects their Pure Form Appearance, and only one or two powers that revolve around their second form. Memory's second form is grief, so she can inflict grief on her opponent. The Second Form also has to be something that is generally caused by the Main Form. Some Pure's Main Forms are things that you may not like, such as wrath, so their Second Form is something good to balance it out, like Savor (savoring the good times). Second Forms can also be the same as someone's else.

:Pure Form Appearance:
Maybe you are Loyalty with a shining suit of armor, maybe you are Memory with silver eyes and runes, or maybe you are Time with his cloak, hourglass, and tophat. Whatever the case, you Pure Form Appearance only appears in the Pure Lands, and cannot look too much like someone already playing. Also, the Appearances can have cool powers of themselves, like Time who's cloak seems to go slow-mode in the wind, or Memory who will uncontrollably look like someone deceased from your past (they will only appear like that to the character).

:Mentors:
After you have learned all you can, you can become a Mentor. Mentors will teach you how to deal with your powers that will be manifesting soon. They will also teach you basic skills that anyone has learned!

:Apprentices:
You have just learned of your destiny. What powers await you? What skills will you learn?! The power of cleaning up Manticore poop. And how to control time itself! Nah, sorry, Time is already taken.

:Lands:
Shifting Plains
Memory/Grief | Ember | Female | VeilSpun | 18 | Apprentice | Time/Weary
Kinship/Luck | Wykeham | Female | Mirror | 22 | Apprentice | Loss/Acceptence
:Empty:

The Star Lake
Corruption/Judgement | Cyrene | Female | Gaoler | 25 | Apprentice | Mercy/Betrayal
Beauty/Regret | Butterfly | Uncertain | Fae | 15 | Apprentice | Greed/Charity

The Endless Desert
Fear/Delight | Zudal | Non-Binary | Spiral | Very, Very Old | Mentor | (Apprentice needed)

The Bountiful Oasis
Greed/Benevolence | Akrasiel | Male | Spiral | 19 | Apprentice | Wrath/Peace
Loyalty/Pain | Ruhig | Male | Gaoler | 25 | Apprentice | Ignorance/Bliss

The Sky's Zenith

Undecided
:Rules:
  • No controlling other players characters
  • No god playing. No matter how powerful the Pures are, the Pures themselves are around the same level when it came to their powers
  • Limit is two characters
  • You MUST have two sides
  • You MUST have a Pure form when in the Pure Lands
  • You have one week to role play what you did in the in-game day.
  • Limit of around twenty players
  • You can't make characters that existed before the incident
  • You cannot currently be Time, Death, Life, or any of the existing mentors/apprentices
  • You cannot have the same Main Form as someone already playing, so make sure to look at who are currently playing already
  • Your characters won't know what powers they have at first, and they won't look like their Pure Forms until their powers manifest
  • Have your character sheets be in the sign-up forum please! Thanks!
  • I will be adding more if they come to mind!

:Head to the OOC Thread Here!

I will be updating this regularly so keep a look out!
:The Universe's Demise:

:Storyline:
Many, many years ago...and I mean, many many years ago...like, a ton of years ago, the Universe was created. But not the one you're thinking of. When I say, the Universe, I mean the 4 people who rule our very existence. They have actual names, but they're too hard to pronounce, so we just refer to them as their celestial colors, Blue, White, Orange, and Red. You know the stars? The blue ones, and the white ones, and the orange and reds? Well, they were made in honor of the Universe. The stars, from hottest to coldest, represent which of the Universe is the strongest and the weakest.
The Universe is also evil.
Have you ever heard that saying, power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts? Well, how much more power can you get when you rule the very existence of everything? Not much more. Not much more at all.

There are also two forces that rule certain parts of what the Universe rules to share the burden of ruling everything. They are called the Pures and the Loyals. The Pures are the stars of this story. No joy, sadness, loyalty, betrayal, death, and life would exist without the Pures. All things good and all things bad wouldn't exist without the Pures.

The Pures were made shortly after the Universe formed, and they, along with the Universe and the Loyals, are immortal. That is to say, they couldn't die of old age. They could still die by battle or illness though.
Recently, a cataclysmic event occurred. More than twenty of the Pures were killed, and because of this, more than twenty random people would have to fill their shoes.

:Extra Bits of Info:

The Universe is behind the murders, and the first flame has been lit. A couple are aware of the Universe's involvement, and are deeply resentful of them. Many of the ones killed have been around since nearly the beginning of time, so they were lifelong friends of the others. Another reason this was such a big deal was that before this, only 3 of the Pures had ever died. So this was a HUGE deal. None of the Pures were ready to train the new ones to come.

:Forms:
Every Pure has two forms:
Their Main Form
Their Secondary Form
The Main Form is something that is pretty big, such as, Loyalty, Joy, Wrath, etc.. These forms are the ones that most heavily impact the Pure Form Appearance, (just wait a bit), and also are what your powers will gravitate around a bit more. Memory, for instance, has the ability to look at the memories of others, remove them, alter them, etc.. However, they also have to impact the character on a daily basis, such as, if a Memory is too powerful, Memory will get sucked into it whether or not she wanted to. The powers also have to have the potential to be harmful to others, and if you want to, the character themselves. Again, if the memory is too powerful, Memory will have all the injuries that occurred in the memory happen to her like she was there herself. She can also remove or alter memories which can be very bad for others. The Main Form is also unique.
The Second Form is less consequential. Usually it only slightly affects their Pure Form Appearance, and only one or two powers that revolve around their second form. Memory's second form is grief, so she can inflict grief on her opponent. The Second Form also has to be something that is generally caused by the Main Form. Some Pure's Main Forms are things that you may not like, such as wrath, so their Second Form is something good to balance it out, like Savor (savoring the good times). Second Forms can also be the same as someone's else.

:Pure Form Appearance:
Maybe you are Loyalty with a shining suit of armor, maybe you are Memory with silver eyes and runes, or maybe you are Time with his cloak, hourglass, and tophat. Whatever the case, you Pure Form Appearance only appears in the Pure Lands, and cannot look too much like someone already playing. Also, the Appearances can have cool powers of themselves, like Time who's cloak seems to go slow-mode in the wind, or Memory who will uncontrollably look like someone deceased from your past (they will only appear like that to the character).

:Mentors:
After you have learned all you can, you can become a Mentor. Mentors will teach you how to deal with your powers that will be manifesting soon. They will also teach you basic skills that anyone has learned!

:Apprentices:
You have just learned of your destiny. What powers await you? What skills will you learn?! The power of cleaning up Manticore poop. And how to control time itself! Nah, sorry, Time is already taken.

:Lands:
Shifting Plains
Memory/Grief | Ember | Female | VeilSpun | 18 | Apprentice | Time/Weary
Kinship/Luck | Wykeham | Female | Mirror | 22 | Apprentice | Loss/Acceptence

The Star Lake
Corruption/Judgement | Cyrene | Female | Gaoler | 25 | Apprentice | Mercy/Betrayal
Beauty/Regret | Butterfly | Uncertain | Fae | 15 | Apprentice | Greed/Charity

The Endless Desert
Fear/Delight | Zudal | Non-Binary | Spiral | Very, Very Old | Mentor | (Apprentice needed)

The Bountiful Oasis
Greed/Benevolence | Akrasiel | Male | Spiral | 19 | Apprentice | Wrath/Peace
Loyalty/Pain | Ruhig | Male | Gaoler | 25 | Apprentice | Ignorance/Bliss

The Sky's Zenith

Undecided
:Rules:
  • No controlling other players characters
  • No god playing. No matter how powerful the Pures are, the Pures themselves are around the same level when it came to their powers
  • Limit is two characters
  • You MUST have two sides
  • You MUST have a Pure form when in the Pure Lands
  • You have one week to role play what you did in the in-game day.
  • Limit of around twenty players
  • You can't make characters that existed before the incident
  • You cannot currently be Time, Death, Life, or any of the existing mentors/apprentices
  • You cannot have the same Main Form as someone already playing, so make sure to look at who are currently playing already
  • Your characters won't know what powers they have at first, and they won't look like their Pure Forms until their powers manifest
  • Have your character sheets be in the sign-up forum please! Thanks!
  • I will be adding more if they come to mind!

:Head to the OOC Thread Here!

I will be updating this regularly so keep a look out!
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center]One moment, there was grass. Then, a bright white portal appeared. And a dragon walked out of it. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1219632&skin=0&apparel=23112&xt=dressing.png[/img] She looked around the buildings as the portal snapped shut, and then started to walk towards one of the biggest and grandest buildings. A pair of guards spotted her and started to walk to block her way.[/center] "What is your purpose here, Ma'am?" She turned to look at them. "I need to speak with Cyrene." They both frowned. "Why?" "That is none of your concern." "We really should kn-" She huffed impatiently. "I will be late now!" She snapped. "Now, tell me, why are you asking me stupid questions?" They didn't seem to know how to respond to that. She sighed dramatically. "Please. If you will just let me past, I will forgive you. For everything." She pressed gently, her voice turning as silky as honey. Their gazes went cloudy for a moment and then they were both nodding saying, "Yes Ma'am." and "Of course Ma'am." as they let her in. After they had closed the doors again, the dragon made her way up and around the building before arriving at the room Cyrene was in. The dragon opened the door and called, "Miss Cyrene? I have a proposition for you."
One moment, there was grass.
Then, a bright white portal appeared. And a dragon walked out of it.
scry?sdid=1219632&skin=0&apparel=23112&xt=dressing.png
She looked around the buildings as the portal snapped shut, and then started to walk towards one of the biggest and grandest buildings. A pair of guards spotted her and started to walk to block her way.
"What is your purpose here, Ma'am?" She turned to look at them.
"I need to speak with Cyrene." They both frowned.
"Why?"
"That is none of your concern."
"We really should kn-" She huffed impatiently.
"I will be late now!" She snapped. "Now, tell me, why are you asking me stupid questions?" They didn't seem to know how to respond to that. She sighed dramatically. "Please. If you will just let me past, I will forgive you. For everything." She pressed gently, her voice turning as silky as honey. Their gazes went cloudy for a moment and then they were both nodding saying,
"Yes Ma'am." and "Of course Ma'am." as they let her in. After they had closed the doors again, the dragon made her way up and around the building before arriving at the room Cyrene was in. The dragon opened the door and called,
"Miss Cyrene? I have a proposition for you."
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center][img]https://imgur.com/DqMtMGX.png[/img][/center] The Gaoler was found spawning out on a large couch, her eyes were almost glued to a box-shaped contraption with a bright screen that seems to have tiny moving dragons in it. In other words, she was watching TV, and they were broadcasting about the newly elected Duke that has taken her place in the country. Cyrene couldn’t help but to frown at how smug the Guardian looked while he was waving at the people and the press surrounding and congratulating him, he has always pis.sed her off whenever she saw him, the arrogant jerk. Cyrene heaved a sigh and brushed her forehead defeatedly, she wasn’t any better than him, in fact she could have been worse when she was appointed. “Pay no attention to him, mistress Cyrene, he could never be compared to you, not even in a million year… You shouldn’t beat yourself up about what already happened.” One of her maids, a young-looking Tundra, comforted her, she was bringing Cyrene her breakfast before her departure. “...Thank you, Amantha, but I know what I’ve done, even if I forgive myself, the people would never forgive me.” Cyrene gave her a tired smile, a lot of things are going on inside of her head right now and she couldn’t wait to just get away from all of these all together. The Tundra tried to argue but she silenced her with a raised hand, which made the maid reluctantly backed off. She turned to her breakfast finally, her toasts were getting cold, but Cyrene didn’t mind it, or that she couldn’t bring herself to, while she was chewing on it, she thought about the house her parents had built for her, in another country, far away from all of this, reside by a beautiful lake. She was glad they didn’t disown her on the spot, but they’ve certainly kept their distance and seldom interact with her, she couldn’t imagine the disappointment they must have felt. However her train of thoughts were interrupted as an unfamiliar and strangely dressed Skydancer barged into the room, the Gaoler was a bit stunned by the sudden approach, the Skydancer said something about a position, her maid freaked out and stood in front of her mistress, she barely shielded the much larger Gaoler, but it was the thought that counts. “W-What are you doing here?! Who are you?! How did you get past the guards!” The Tundra shrieked, she was about to yell out for security to come get the strange Skydancer, but Cyrene put a hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her aside, Cyrene motioned for the maid to get out of the room, and possibly run off to look for the guards which the Tundra complied and bolted out of there, after getting a better look at the stranger in her room, her gaze hardened and grim, she was in no mood to deal with troublemakers sprouting some nonsense, or worse, some shady figure offering her some shady type of job, which is more insulting. “I don’t know who you are, but I don’t think I’m in the mood for some tasteless prank right now, miss… but I’d like to ask you to leave before things get difficult...” She warned, even if she was no longer considered a Duchess, she was still a part of the nobility house and any offenses made towards her could still be considered a crime.
DqMtMGX.png

The Gaoler was found spawning out on a large couch, her eyes were almost glued to a box-shaped contraption with a bright screen that seems to have tiny moving dragons in it. In other words, she was watching TV, and they were broadcasting about the newly elected Duke that has taken her place in the country. Cyrene couldn’t help but to frown at how smug the Guardian looked while he was waving at the people and the press surrounding and congratulating him, he has always pis.sed her off whenever she saw him, the arrogant jerk. Cyrene heaved a sigh and brushed her forehead defeatedly, she wasn’t any better than him, in fact she could have been worse when she was appointed.

“Pay no attention to him, mistress Cyrene, he could never be compared to you, not even in a million year… You shouldn’t beat yourself up about what already happened.” One of her maids, a young-looking Tundra, comforted her, she was bringing Cyrene her breakfast before her departure.

“...Thank you, Amantha, but I know what I’ve done, even if I forgive myself, the people would never forgive me.” Cyrene gave her a tired smile, a lot of things are going on inside of her head right now and she couldn’t wait to just get away from all of these all together. The Tundra tried to argue but she silenced her with a raised hand, which made the maid reluctantly backed off. She turned to her breakfast finally, her toasts were getting cold, but Cyrene didn’t mind it, or that she couldn’t bring herself to, while she was chewing on it, she thought about the house her parents had built for her, in another country, far away from all of this, reside by a beautiful lake. She was glad they didn’t disown her on the spot, but they’ve certainly kept their distance and seldom interact with her, she couldn’t imagine the disappointment they must have felt.

However her train of thoughts were interrupted as an unfamiliar and strangely dressed Skydancer barged into the room, the Gaoler was a bit stunned by the sudden approach, the Skydancer said something about a position, her maid freaked out and stood in front of her mistress, she barely shielded the much larger Gaoler, but it was the thought that counts.

“W-What are you doing here?! Who are you?! How did you get past the guards!” The Tundra shrieked, she was about to yell out for security to come get the strange Skydancer, but Cyrene put a hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her aside, Cyrene motioned for the maid to get out of the room, and possibly run off to look for the guards which the Tundra complied and bolted out of there, after getting a better look at the stranger in her room, her gaze hardened and grim, she was in no mood to deal with troublemakers sprouting some nonsense, or worse, some shady figure offering her some shady type of job, which is more insulting.

“I don’t know who you are, but I don’t think I’m in the mood for some tasteless prank right now, miss… but I’d like to ask you to leave before things get difficult...” She warned, even if she was no longer considered a Duchess, she was still a part of the nobility house and any offenses made towards her could still be considered a crime.
The dragon looked slightly ashamed at the commotion she had caused.
"I'm sorry. I should have recognized that I would be startling, I'm just not used to this sort of thing. Let me not take up too much of your time, you'll either accept or you won't." She seemed to speak to herself for a moment. After a few seconds, she returned to the present, and looked back at Cyrene.
"Forgive me, I have forgotten my manners. I am Mercy. I might be wrong in asking this, but can we sit?" (either we sat or we stayed standing but whichever one just picture them doing that) "Where do I begin..." Mercy mused. She only let herself pause for a moment before continuing. "You surely will know of concepts such as joy, sadness, resentment, trust, life, death, and so on. Well, these things do not just exist peacefully. There are dragons who need to maintain these concepts, otherwise the Existence would be destroyed by itself. I am one such being; Mercy. A couple of months ago, many of us were killed. Ever since, the Existence has been redistributing the powers that the Pures had had. The Pures, being the protectors of the concepts such as joy, sadness, and so on. When these powers were given out, some were given to you. We don't know what powers you obtained, but you have them. Now, you have two options: join and learn how to use them, or let them peter out. You won't have to worry about the powers if you don't accept because they won't manifest. I know you will have many questions about how they work, and why you were given them, and if you can even be sure if they exist. I will just cut to the chase, and assure you the Pures aren't some elaborate prank or something. Here," she waved her hands, and a portal appeared. She turned to her. "Any questions?"

I have to go to see Saturn and Jupiter but I will be back in a bit!
The dragon looked slightly ashamed at the commotion she had caused.
"I'm sorry. I should have recognized that I would be startling, I'm just not used to this sort of thing. Let me not take up too much of your time, you'll either accept or you won't." She seemed to speak to herself for a moment. After a few seconds, she returned to the present, and looked back at Cyrene.
"Forgive me, I have forgotten my manners. I am Mercy. I might be wrong in asking this, but can we sit?" (either we sat or we stayed standing but whichever one just picture them doing that) "Where do I begin..." Mercy mused. She only let herself pause for a moment before continuing. "You surely will know of concepts such as joy, sadness, resentment, trust, life, death, and so on. Well, these things do not just exist peacefully. There are dragons who need to maintain these concepts, otherwise the Existence would be destroyed by itself. I am one such being; Mercy. A couple of months ago, many of us were killed. Ever since, the Existence has been redistributing the powers that the Pures had had. The Pures, being the protectors of the concepts such as joy, sadness, and so on. When these powers were given out, some were given to you. We don't know what powers you obtained, but you have them. Now, you have two options: join and learn how to use them, or let them peter out. You won't have to worry about the powers if you don't accept because they won't manifest. I know you will have many questions about how they work, and why you were given them, and if you can even be sure if they exist. I will just cut to the chase, and assure you the Pures aren't some elaborate prank or something. Here," she waved her hands, and a portal appeared. She turned to her. "Any questions?"

I have to go to see Saturn and Jupiter but I will be back in a bit!
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center][img]https://imgur.com/DqMtMGX.png[/img][/center] The Gaoler seems a bit less tense when she realizes that the stranger doesn’t mean any threats, or at least, she’s not appearing to be. But being confident in her own strength, she decided to take matter into her own hands, her tail flickered slightly, her narrowed gaze never left the Skydancer that was mumbling to herself, not sure what kind of mind game they’re playing but Cyrene wasn’t enjoying it, if this had happened over a year ago she would have but, that’s not the point. “Feel free to do so.” Cyrene still politely offered the dragon a seat when she asked for it, the large Gaoler proceed to flop down on her belly on the large sofa she was sitting on, crossed her front legs silently, now that there was just the two of them in the large room, Cyrene might appeared to look relaxed but she never let her own guard down. She hummed quietly in response to the Skydancer, explaining what appears to be the concepts of the universe in general, something that even a months old hatchling would be aware of, she wasn’t quite sure where this was going, but she stopped being amused when the stranger introduced herself as the concept of 'Mercy' Cyrene had an eyebrow raised, apparently weirded out, this dragon must be out of her mind! Is what she thought, as the Skydancer went on and on about whatever nonsense she was sprouting, the Gaoler for sure assumed that this dragon was probably high as a kite. Deciding that she has heard enough, Cyrene frowned and slowly rose up on her four legs, she was just about to escort the Skydancer out of the room herself. “Listen, lady, I don’t know who you think you are but-” Her sentence was cut off as something that could be described as ‘extraterrestrial’ appeared right next to her, it startled her and made her jump back in defense, Cyrene was speechless as she stared at the twirly, swirly pitch black oval-shaped hole that was suddenly conjured out of nowhere. She shook her head roughly, making sure that the Skydancer didn’t drug her somehow or that she was seeing things. It took her a moment to register what the other dragon just asked, Cyrene could only mutter a “Huh?” as she turned to look at her for a moment, the Gaoler considered it, what was that she was talking about again? Something about ‘powers’? As in supernatural powers? And that she somehow inherited some of those? One could see the gears inside of her head turning, Cyrene thought that she’d be able to get away from all of this, and to just live a peaceful life. But there was still a fire lingering inside of her heart, she turned her head to look back at the TV screen, the image of the new Duke mocked her and the fresh memories of how it felt when she was kicked out of her high horse and how her parents turned to avoid eye contact with her. Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud banging on the door, it seems like her maid already summoned a large amount of guards “Open the door! Mistress Cyrene are you alright?!” She ignored the call and turned back to the Skydancer, walked closer to her, her expression unreadable but a bit grim, this seems a bit sketchy but the temptation of having some form of powers weighted the scale, after all she was given a potential chance to settle the score in the end. “I have plenty but why don’t we get going now?” Cyrene eyed the portal for a moment “But, first question, is that thing safe?”
DqMtMGX.png

The Gaoler seems a bit less tense when she realizes that the stranger doesn’t mean any threats, or at least, she’s not appearing to be. But being confident in her own strength, she decided to take matter into her own hands, her tail flickered slightly, her narrowed gaze never left the Skydancer that was mumbling to herself, not sure what kind of mind game they’re playing but Cyrene wasn’t enjoying it, if this had happened over a year ago she would have but, that’s not the point.

“Feel free to do so.” Cyrene still politely offered the dragon a seat when she asked for it, the large Gaoler proceed to flop down on her belly on the large sofa she was sitting on, crossed her front legs silently, now that there was just the two of them in the large room, Cyrene might appeared to look relaxed but she never let her own guard down. She hummed quietly in response to the Skydancer, explaining what appears to be the concepts of the universe in general, something that even a months old hatchling would be aware of, she wasn’t quite sure where this was going, but she stopped being amused when the stranger introduced herself as the concept of 'Mercy'

Cyrene had an eyebrow raised, apparently weirded out, this dragon must be out of her mind! Is what she thought, as the Skydancer went on and on about whatever nonsense she was sprouting, the Gaoler for sure assumed that this dragon was probably high as a kite. Deciding that she has heard enough, Cyrene frowned and slowly rose up on her four legs, she was just about to escort the Skydancer out of the room herself.

“Listen, lady, I don’t know who you think you are but-” Her sentence was cut off as something that could be described as ‘extraterrestrial’ appeared right next to her, it startled her and made her jump back in defense, Cyrene was speechless as she stared at the twirly, swirly pitch black oval-shaped hole that was suddenly conjured out of nowhere. She shook her head roughly, making sure that the Skydancer didn’t drug her somehow or that she was seeing things.

It took her a moment to register what the other dragon just asked, Cyrene could only mutter a “Huh?” as she turned to look at her for a moment, the Gaoler considered it, what was that she was talking about again? Something about ‘powers’? As in supernatural powers? And that she somehow inherited some of those? One could see the gears inside of her head turning, Cyrene thought that she’d be able to get away from all of this, and to just live a peaceful life. But there was still a fire lingering inside of her heart, she turned her head to look back at the TV screen, the image of the new Duke mocked her and the fresh memories of how it felt when she was kicked out of her high horse and how her parents turned to avoid eye contact with her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud banging on the door, it seems like her maid already summoned a large amount of guards “Open the door! Mistress Cyrene are you alright?!” She ignored the call and turned back to the Skydancer, walked closer to her, her expression unreadable but a bit grim, this seems a bit sketchy but the temptation of having some form of powers weighted the scale, after all she was given a potential chance to settle the score in the end.

“I have plenty but why don’t we get going now?” Cyrene eyed the portal for a moment “But, first question, is that thing safe?”
Mercy nodded.
"It might be a little overwhelming for your first time, but otherwise it should be perfectly fine. You have to hold my hand or you will feel nauseous, but that's your decision." She held out her hand questioningly. Her tail twitched restlessly at the desperate thumping coming from the door.
Mercy nodded.
"It might be a little overwhelming for your first time, but otherwise it should be perfectly fine. You have to hold my hand or you will feel nauseous, but that's your decision." She held out her hand questioningly. Her tail twitched restlessly at the desperate thumping coming from the door.
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center][img]https://imgur.com/DqMtMGX.png[/img][/center] Cyrene hesitated a bit, staring down at the outstretched hand, she heaved a sigh before grasping it with her own, she wasn't quite sure how this thing work but for the Gaoler who was almost foreign to physical contact in any other form than formal quick handshake, it felt weird to have some unknown stranger holding her supposedly sacred hand, or her entire self in general is off limit to pretty much everyone. She was a bit uncomfortable but supposedly 'Mercy' should be an exceptional since the Skydancer, according to what she said, pretty much have the powers of the concept itself, but Cyrene couldn't help it with how she was raised to be. "Alright." She exhaled sharply, her tail thumping against the ground slightly, even if she doesn't show any sort of expression of being nervous, the tail sure did the job for her "Lead the way, show me... whatever it is that you were going on about..." She still have a bit of doubt, but there was no turning back now, considered that the guards were this close to busting the door down.
DqMtMGX.png

Cyrene hesitated a bit, staring down at the outstretched hand, she heaved a sigh before grasping it with her own, she wasn't quite sure how this thing work but for the Gaoler who was almost foreign to physical contact in any other form than formal quick handshake, it felt weird to have some unknown stranger holding her supposedly sacred hand, or her entire self in general is off limit to pretty much everyone.

She was a bit uncomfortable but supposedly 'Mercy' should be an exceptional since the Skydancer, according to what she said, pretty much have the powers of the concept itself, but Cyrene couldn't help it with how she was raised to be.

"Alright." She exhaled sharply, her tail thumping against the ground slightly, even if she doesn't show any sort of expression of being nervous, the tail sure did the job for her "Lead the way, show me... whatever it is that you were going on about..." She still have a bit of doubt, but there was no turning back now, considered that the guards were this close to busting the door down.
Mercy led her to the portal and said, "Alright. Three...two..." The door slammed open. "ONE!" And she dragged her through the portal. For Cyrene, it was inky black nothingness. The air so frigid, that frostbite started to claw her way over Cyrene's body. Then, after ten seconds, the inky blackness turned to a bright white, and warmth radiated over her entire body. For Mercy, the white was the usual. Then, they had arrived. A huge lake filled with stars lay out before them. A titanic fish jumped out of the water; it's scales made of constellations, before landing back in the water. A huge wave swept through the lake before turning into gentle ripples. A couple of starry creatures like elk spotted the two dragons and fled, leaving them in the dust. Forest surrounded them for miles. Before them, in one of the trees, was a moderately sized house that seemed to blend in with the trees. Mercy, now in her pure form, tickled her water creatures chin, before leading Cyrene in. There, she flopped onto one of her chairs and sighed with relief. After a couple more moments, she lifted her head to look back at Cyrene and asked, "So. About those questions?" [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1219632&skin=0&apparel=19647,23112,26546,29802,32715,32714&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center]
Mercy led her to the portal and said,
"Alright. Three...two..." The door slammed open.
"ONE!" And she dragged her through the portal. For Cyrene, it was inky black nothingness. The air so frigid, that frostbite started to claw her way over Cyrene's body. Then, after ten seconds, the inky blackness turned to a bright white, and warmth radiated over her entire body. For Mercy, the white was the usual. Then, they had arrived.
A huge lake filled with stars lay out before them. A titanic fish jumped out of the water; it's scales made of constellations, before landing back in the water. A huge wave swept through the lake before turning into gentle ripples. A couple of starry creatures like elk spotted the two dragons and fled, leaving them in the dust. Forest surrounded them for miles. Before them, in one of the trees, was a moderately sized house that seemed to blend in with the trees. Mercy, now in her pure form, tickled her water creatures chin, before leading Cyrene in. There, she flopped onto one of her chairs and sighed with relief. After a couple more moments, she lifted her head to look back at Cyrene and asked,
"So. About those questions?"
scry?sdid=1219632&skin=0&apparel=19647,23112,26546,29802,32715,32714&xt=dressing.png
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center][img]https://imgur.com/DqMtMGX.png[/img][/center] Cyrene felt like she was dragged into space, or at least it was how she thought it’d be if she ever got there, the now distant shouts of the guards faded away into nothingness, the sounds and scents once familiar to her were completely cut off from her senses. It felt surreal, quite literally, before she knew it, she suddenly felt a sharp cold surrounding her body, thankfully her thick coat managed to block out most of it and saved her from being frostbitten. She instinctively closed her eyes and brought her arms up to shield her face from the sudden bright light that suddenly shone on her, a pleasant warmth feeling soon wrapped around her, like a favorite blanket. Cyrene felt her surroundings changed, from the shift in the wind’s direction, the scents and noises overall, she hesitated for a moment before slowly opening her eyes again to behold the scene before her. It was something straight from a fairytale, or some sort of a fantasy land that one could only see in movies, or at least a ‘beautiful’ acid trip, whatever that means. Cyrene secretly pinched herself just to make sure she wasn’t dreaming or anything of the sort, once she confirmed that she was in fact, not in a dream, she allowed herself to gaze in awe at the creatures, and of course, what caught her attention the most, was the huge lake that seems to be holding all the stars of the universe in it, even if this was some sort of dream, Cyrene thought that it wouldn’t be so bad if she doesn’t wake up from it. Her attention was drawn back to the Skydancer, Mercy as she beckoned her to follow her inside of the house, however she tilted her head as she observed Mercy, the Skydancer looked a bit different than before, Cyrene was a bit surprised when something that resembled a fish that was made out of water itself appeared from the vase strapped on the Skydancer’s waist and that she was scratching its chin, the Gaoler found herself being intrigued by such thing. Cyrene took a moment to recomposed herself again, this place, somehow, made her feel at peace, all of her previous negative thoughts about wanting to climb back the stairs of the nobility were closed away and put on a shelf, now she wasn’t quite sure on how to feel anymore. This was the change that she needed, but the longer she thought about what Mercy had said before, the more unsure she became. “Well…” Cyrene breathed for a moment, she didn’t realize she was holding it in when she was basically stunned by the beauty of wherever they are “We can start with... you telling me about this place… Where are we exactly?”
DqMtMGX.png

Cyrene felt like she was dragged into space, or at least it was how she thought it’d be if she ever got there, the now distant shouts of the guards faded away into nothingness, the sounds and scents once familiar to her were completely cut off from her senses. It felt surreal, quite literally, before she knew it, she suddenly felt a sharp cold surrounding her body, thankfully her thick coat managed to block out most of it and saved her from being frostbitten.

She instinctively closed her eyes and brought her arms up to shield her face from the sudden bright light that suddenly shone on her, a pleasant warmth feeling soon wrapped around her, like a favorite blanket. Cyrene felt her surroundings changed, from the shift in the wind’s direction, the scents and noises overall, she hesitated for a moment before slowly opening her eyes again to behold the scene before her.

It was something straight from a fairytale, or some sort of a fantasy land that one could only see in movies, or at least a ‘beautiful’ acid trip, whatever that means. Cyrene secretly pinched herself just to make sure she wasn’t dreaming or anything of the sort, once she confirmed that she was in fact, not in a dream, she allowed herself to gaze in awe at the creatures, and of course, what caught her attention the most, was the huge lake that seems to be holding all the stars of the universe in it, even if this was some sort of dream, Cyrene thought that it wouldn’t be so bad if she doesn’t wake up from it.

Her attention was drawn back to the Skydancer, Mercy as she beckoned her to follow her inside of the house, however she tilted her head as she observed Mercy, the Skydancer looked a bit different than before, Cyrene was a bit surprised when something that resembled a fish that was made out of water itself appeared from the vase strapped on the Skydancer’s waist and that she was scratching its chin, the Gaoler found herself being intrigued by such thing.

Cyrene took a moment to recomposed herself again, this place, somehow, made her feel at peace, all of her previous negative thoughts about wanting to climb back the stairs of the nobility were closed away and put on a shelf, now she wasn’t quite sure on how to feel anymore. This was the change that she needed, but the longer she thought about what Mercy had said before, the more unsure she became.

“Well…” Cyrene breathed for a moment, she didn’t realize she was holding it in when she was basically stunned by the beauty of wherever they are “We can start with... you telling me about this place… Where are we exactly?”
Mercy recomposed herself and replied,
"We are in the Pure Lands. This specific part of the Pure Lands is the Star Lake. Celestial beings roam it. It was created to help us remember why we are here; to protect the concepts we are named after. And some times, to put our concepts in check."
Mercy recomposed herself and replied,
"We are in the Pure Lands. This specific part of the Pure Lands is the Star Lake. Celestial beings roam it. It was created to help us remember why we are here; to protect the concepts we are named after. And some times, to put our concepts in check."
hjqGCU3.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17