Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fallen Queen - [OPEN, OOC/IC]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][b]•|INTRO|•[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64734167][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/647342/64734167_350.png[/img][/url][/center] You find yourself in a peaceful clearing in the middle of the Starwood Strand. A Skydancer of shades of purple wearing Boneyard Bard and a few other things sits on a stump, a circle of fascinated-looking dragons in front of him, mainly dragonets. He's smiling, and seems to be preparing to tell a story. He looks up and suddenly notices you, then gestures for you to join the group. "Come, wanderer. Join us." You walk over and sit down in between two more Skydancers. The one on your left is a brightly-colored multigaze with some Nebula Starsilks and a pink bandana, and on your right, one that's various shades of teal with singed-looking wing feathers, a gray mantle, and a little marsh frog in their-no, [i]his[/i] tail. The bright one leans over and whispers to you, "Nice choice to join us. I'm Graffiti. That guy up there is my brother, the clan's 'Nightmare King' and one of our well-known storytellers; he'll introduce himself in a bit. The other Skydancer next to you is my dad, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62949999/]Aquamarine[/url]. I'm [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64734166/]Graffiti[/url], by the way, and that Coatl over there," He gestures to a black-purple-and-red one sitting next to Aquamarine. "Is my mom, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63243253/]Auklet[/url]. What's your name?" You tell him your name; he seems trustable. "Heh, nice to meet you!" The murmuring around you suddenly stops, and Graffiti snaps to attention. "Oh, it's starting!" The purple Skydancer gazes out over the small crowd, still smiling. "Welcome, one and all. I am Marison, my clan's first Nightmare. I have come to tell you the tale of the Fallen Queen, Pitchclaw." With a twirl of his claw, everybody fades from sight except for you. Or at least, to you that's what happens. You hear Marison's voice in the background, coming from everywhere yet nowhere at once. "Queen Pitchclaw, the Assassin." [center][b]•|THE TALE OF THE FALLEN QUEEN|•[/b] [morphology=1083339][/center] You find yourself in front of a den with a warm glow coming from inside, and decide to go investigate. "This is where it all started. The den of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=1083347]Stargazer[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?morph=1083353]Vineyard[/url]." Inside, you see a male Imperial and a female Mirror gazing proudly at a clutch of three eggs. One of them is a Plague egg, and one is a Shadow egg, but you can't tell what the third one is. Suddenly, they start hatching. Out of the Shadow egg slips a female Mirror with her father's genes and her mother's colors, and from the Plague egg crawls an Imperial make with his mother's genes and his father's colors. The third shakes a little, then out pops a small female Imperial. Her colors are right in between her mom's and her dad's, but there's something different about her wings that you can't put your claw on. They're plastered to her sides, so it's hard to tell. Her left eye is Plague-red, and her right eye Shadow-purple. The adults smile proudly as the first two arrive. Once they see the third, though, they frown, disgusted. Suddenly, her wings flop out. They seem too big for her and they slightly drag on the ground. You realize that her wings have a different gene than either of her parents'. Butterfly, a symbol of weakness in this clan. Vineyard shakes her head. "Weak. Small. No use to us." Stargazer stares at his children, trying to ignore his Imperial daughter with the spiral eyes "You, black one. You are Moonfang. Purple one, you are Blossom. Finally, [i]you. The disappointment.[/i]" He glares at the female Imperial. "You are Pitchclaw. Do not expect to keep your name, let alone your permission to live here." Suddenly, everything seems to shake. A few moments later, you see them all in the same spots, except it seems that they're all a little older. Pitchclaw is cowering in front of her parents, bruised and scarred, while her siblings play-fight and ignore her. Vineyard growls, "Do you understand, [i]weakling?[/i]" Pitch nods, trembling. "Y-y-yes, m-mother..." "I TOLD YOU TO REFER TO ME AS [b]MASTER[/b], [i]idiot[/i]." Vine stands up and smacks her right into a wall. She whimpers, struggling to stand up. Another fast-forward, and you're outside. It's night. There are noises coming from inside the den; you can tell that Pitchclaw's getting beat up. Once again, you hear Marison's voice. "Now this is where it all truly began." You see her figure thrown out of the den, torn up and hurt, sobbing softly. Her siblings are thrown out as well, but you realize something; they're d34d. Stargazer sticks his head out of the den, "Good riddance, Pitch." and then goes back inside. Pitch doesn't get up, as she's too weak and injured. [i]NO![/i] You try to walk towards her and tell for help, but you find that you're stuck there, silent. Fast forward a few hours, and you see a little male Coatl bring her some food. With a last glance behind him, he goes back into the forest where he came from. Time starts flying by; you catch glimpses of moments in time. The little Coatl bring her more food, and a few hours later she gets up, eats it, and lies back down, healing up and slowly moving closer to the forest. One day, she's actually in a clearing in the first, which you find yourself near. You notice something odd, though; no matter how long Pitch stays awake, she never meets the Coatl. Suddenly, time reverts back to normal. It's storming, and she's seeking shelter. A tree falls, hitting her but luckily but crushing her now-adult skull. A few days later (with the time speed up), after secret care from the Coatl, Pitchclaw wakes up and remembers. She remembers her childhood. Her parents. Her abuse. Time starts to fly by again, but far faster this time. You follow the Coatl, who secretly follows Pitch, and body after body appears in your mind and remains there. Every. Single. Murd3r. The land is now a devastated wasteland, barren of life except for a few stragglers. [i]Wait, something's off...[/i] You look around, but can't see the Coatl anywhere. Only a ghost that bears a close resemblance to him... It is him. He's starting at Pitch, who wears a broken crown upon her head, looking truly insane. You hear him mutter, "I wish I could've met you when I was alive..." [center][b]•|RETURN (+INTRO CONTINUED)|•[/b][/center] You finally snap back into reality, and see familiar faces once more. Marison looks around, seeing as the confused, sad, and angry faces in the crowd. "I can tell that you did not enjoy that much. Don't worry, Pitchclaw did not kill the Coatl. Well anyways. Legend says that somebody, somebody will find the Fallen Queen, guided by the Coatl's ghost, and help her regain sanity and realize what she has done. In other words, make her good side come back to life. Anybody here think they could do it?" Everybody shifts a little, clearly not believing so. Suddenly, you raise your talon. "I do." They all look at you, a mix of different emotions. Marison looks at you and smiles. "Except for you, everybody may leave now." The crowd clears out. "Since you're so determined, why not actually try?" He snaps, and everything goes dark. [center][b]•|STARTING PROMPT|•[/b][/center] You wake up in a forest, near a small pond that you don't recognize. It appears to be nighttime. There's a mysterious figure sitting near the water, starting into it with a wistful, faraway look. What do you do? [*Insert what you do here*] If you would like to join when the roleplay opens again, just ask, and I'll put you on the pinglist! [center]•|PINGLIST FOR NEXT PLAYTHROUGH|•[/center] ~nobody yet!~ [center][b]•|SIGN-UPS|•[/b][/center] [quote name=Sign-up_Sheet] Character reference (must be a dragon): Name: Age (dragon or dragonet):[/quote] [center][b]•|PARTICIPANTS|•[/b][/center] @ShiftingWind - The canon characters [quote name=Group_1][quote name="Hyef" date="2020-11-04"] character ref: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64543804][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/645439/64543804_350.png[/img][/url] name; Vaughen age: dragon gender: male | he/him [/quote] [quote name="kailiode" date="2020-11-04"] Character reference: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48326483][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/483265/48326483_350.png[/img][/url] Name: Aurin but she would like to be called as Rin-rin (i know her name isn't that atm but pls pretend that is her name) Age: Hatchling. Gender: she/ her or they/them [/quote] [quote name="GoldenSenpai" date="2020-11-05"] @ShiftingWind Ref: Scarlet [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2927834/3]#1090061[/url] Name: Scarlet Gender: Female Age: Dragon Des: Loves to fly and feel the wind beneath her wings, Likes to read and Draw, Very VERY protective of her friends, can be dark & depressed, Likes to make everybody around her happy and cheerful. [/quote] [quote name="WolfieSenpai" date="2020-11-04" ] Ref: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53908510][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/539086/53908510_350.png[/img][/url] Name: Moonlight Gender: Male Age: Dragon [/quote] [quote name="Goldenwolfmidna" date="2020-11-05"] [rule] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61764755][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/617648/61764755.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][size=7]sellan[/size] [size=4]the haunted reaper[/center][columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/GMY3WwO.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Name:[/b] Sellan [b]Age:[/b] About 100, so a mature fae adult [b]Pronouns:[/b] They/them --- [b]Appearance: [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61764755][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/617648/61764755_350.png[/img][/url] Sellan is a dark fae in a mask and cloak. One cannot see their eyes, and their scales are primarily a dark purple in color. Their wings are an eldritch green- fading lighter near the edges- and their tail is, shockingly, a bright green and emits a faint glow. When one can see their expression, it's typically displeasure. They get annoyed quickly, and although they tend to not say anything this is quite evident. They have a large scythe with them at all times, as well as a small dagger. And they are well aware how to use them- one can tell that by simply looking. [/quote][/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2929001/1]•|Chat Thread|•[/url]
•|INTRO|•
64734167_350.png
You find yourself in a peaceful clearing in the middle of the Starwood Strand. A Skydancer of shades of purple wearing Boneyard Bard and a few other things sits on a stump, a circle of fascinated-looking dragons in front of him, mainly dragonets. He's smiling, and seems to be preparing to tell a story. He looks up and suddenly notices you, then gestures for you to join the group. "Come, wanderer. Join us." You walk over and sit down in between two more Skydancers. The one on your left is a brightly-colored multigaze with some Nebula Starsilks and a pink bandana, and on your right, one that's various shades of teal with singed-looking wing feathers, a gray mantle, and a little marsh frog in their-no, his tail. The bright one leans over and whispers to you, "Nice choice to join us. I'm Graffiti. That guy up there is my brother, the clan's 'Nightmare King' and one of our well-known storytellers; he'll introduce himself in a bit. The other Skydancer next to you is my dad, Aquamarine. I'm Graffiti, by the way, and that Coatl over there," He gestures to a black-purple-and-red one sitting next to Aquamarine. "Is my mom, Auklet. What's your name?" You tell him your name; he seems trustable. "Heh, nice to meet you!" The murmuring around you suddenly stops, and Graffiti snaps to attention. "Oh, it's starting!"
The purple Skydancer gazes out over the small crowd, still smiling. "Welcome, one and all. I am Marison, my clan's first Nightmare. I have come to tell you the tale of the Fallen Queen, Pitchclaw." With a twirl of his claw, everybody fades from sight except for you. Or at least, to you that's what happens. You hear Marison's voice in the background, coming from everywhere yet nowhere at once. "Queen Pitchclaw, the Assassin."
•|THE TALE OF THE FALLEN QUEEN|•
Queen Assassin/Pitchclaw
You find yourself in front of a den with a warm glow coming from inside, and decide to go investigate. "This is where it all started. The den of Stargazer and Vineyard." Inside, you see a male Imperial and a female Mirror gazing proudly at a clutch of three eggs. One of them is a Plague egg, and one is a Shadow egg, but you can't tell what the third one is. Suddenly, they start hatching. Out of the Shadow egg slips a female Mirror with her father's genes and her mother's colors, and from the Plague egg crawls an Imperial make with his mother's genes and his father's colors. The third shakes a little, then out pops a small female Imperial. Her colors are right in between her mom's and her dad's, but there's something different about her wings that you can't put your claw on. They're plastered to her sides, so it's hard to tell. Her left eye is Plague-red, and her right eye Shadow-purple. The adults smile proudly as the first two arrive. Once they see the third, though, they frown, disgusted. Suddenly, her wings flop out. They seem too big for her and they slightly drag on the ground. You realize that her wings have a different gene than either of her parents'. Butterfly, a symbol of weakness in this clan. Vineyard shakes her head. "Weak. Small. No use to us." Stargazer stares at his children, trying to ignore his Imperial daughter with the spiral eyes "You, black one. You are Moonfang. Purple one, you are Blossom. Finally, you. The disappointment." He glares at the female Imperial. "You are Pitchclaw. Do not expect to keep your name, let alone your permission to live here."
Suddenly, everything seems to shake. A few moments later, you see them all in the same spots, except it seems that they're all a little older. Pitchclaw is cowering in front of her parents, bruised and scarred, while her siblings play-fight and ignore her. Vineyard growls, "Do you understand, weakling?" Pitch nods, trembling. "Y-y-yes, m-mother..." "I TOLD YOU TO REFER TO ME AS MASTER, idiot." Vine stands up and smacks her right into a wall. She whimpers, struggling to stand up.
Another fast-forward, and you're outside. It's night. There are noises coming from inside the den; you can tell that Pitchclaw's getting beat up. Once again, you hear Marison's voice. "Now this is where it all truly began." You see her figure thrown out of the den, torn up and hurt, sobbing softly. Her siblings are thrown out as well, but you realize something; they're d34d. Stargazer sticks his head out of the den, "Good riddance, Pitch." and then goes back inside. Pitch doesn't get up, as she's too weak and injured. NO! You try to walk towards her and tell for help, but you find that you're stuck there, silent. Fast forward a few hours, and you see a little male Coatl bring her some food. With a last glance behind him, he goes back into the forest where he came from.
Time starts flying by; you catch glimpses of moments in time. The little Coatl bring her more food, and a few hours later she gets up, eats it, and lies back down, healing up and slowly moving closer to the forest. One day, she's actually in a clearing in the first, which you find yourself near. You notice something odd, though; no matter how long Pitch stays awake, she never meets the Coatl.
Suddenly, time reverts back to normal. It's storming, and she's seeking shelter. A tree falls, hitting her but luckily but crushing her now-adult skull. A few days later (with the time speed up), after secret care from the Coatl, Pitchclaw wakes up and remembers. She remembers her childhood. Her parents. Her abuse.
Time starts to fly by again, but far faster this time. You follow the Coatl, who secretly follows Pitch, and body after body appears in your mind and remains there. Every. Single. Murd3r.
The land is now a devastated wasteland, barren of life except for a few stragglers. Wait, something's off... You look around, but can't see the Coatl anywhere. Only a ghost that bears a close resemblance to him... It is him. He's starting at Pitch, who wears a broken crown upon her head, looking truly insane. You hear him mutter, "I wish I could've met you when I was alive..."
•|RETURN (+INTRO CONTINUED)|•
You finally snap back into reality, and see familiar faces once more. Marison looks around, seeing as the confused, sad, and angry faces in the crowd. "I can tell that you did not enjoy that much. Don't worry, Pitchclaw did not kill the Coatl. Well anyways. Legend says that somebody, somebody will find the Fallen Queen, guided by the Coatl's ghost, and help her regain sanity and realize what she has done. In other words, make her good side come back to life. Anybody here think they could do it?" Everybody shifts a little, clearly not believing so. Suddenly, you raise your talon. "I do." They all look at you, a mix of different emotions. Marison looks at you and smiles. "Except for you, everybody may leave now." The crowd clears out. "Since you're so determined, why not actually try?" He snaps, and everything goes dark.
•|STARTING PROMPT|•
You wake up in a forest, near a small pond that you don't recognize. It appears to be nighttime. There's a mysterious figure sitting near the water, starting into it with a wistful, faraway look. What do you do? [*Insert what you do here*]

If you would like to join when the roleplay opens again, just ask, and I'll put you on the pinglist!
•|PINGLIST FOR NEXT PLAYTHROUGH|•
~nobody yet!~
•|SIGN-UPS|•
Sign-up_Sheet wrote:
Character reference (must be a dragon):
Name:
Age (dragon or dragonet):
•|PARTICIPANTS|•
@ShiftingWind - The canon characters
Group_1 wrote:
Hyef wrote on 2020-11-04:
character ref: 64543804_350.png

name; Vaughen
kailiode wrote on 2020-11-04:
Character reference: 48326483_350.png
Name: Aurin but she would like to be called as Rin-rin (i know her name isn't that atm but pls pretend that is her name)
GoldenSenpai wrote on 2020-11-05:
@ShiftingWind
Ref:

Scarlet

Name: Scarlet
Des: Loves to fly and feel the wind beneath her wings, Likes to read and Draw, Very VERY protective of her friends, can be dark & depressed, Likes to make everybody around her happy and cheerful.
WolfieSenpai wrote on 2020-11-04:
Ref: 53908510_350.png

Name: Moonlight
Goldenwolfmidna wrote on 2020-11-05:

61764755.png
sellan
the haunted reaper
GMY3WwO.png
Name: Sellan
Pronouns: They/them
---
Appearance:

61764755_350.png

Sellan is a dark fae in a mask and cloak. One cannot see their eyes, and their scales are primarily a dark purple in color. Their wings are an eldritch green- fading lighter near the edges- and their tail is, shockingly, a bright green and emits a faint glow.

When one can see their expression, it's typically displeasure. They get annoyed quickly, and although they tend to not say anything this is quite evident. They have a large scythe with them at all times, as well as a small dagger. And they are well aware how to use them- one can tell that by simply looking.

•|Chat Thread|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
RP friendly (ask about fandoms n OCs)
Ping/PM me if you wish, Idrc :)
Current projects:
Dragon-sona breeding project
Fandergs n whatnot
Moving my lore derg to the hibden and my fandergs to the main lair
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
•|bump|•
•|bump|•
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
character ref: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64543804][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/645439/64543804_350.png[/img][/url] name; Vaughen age: dragon gender: male | he/him
character ref: 64543804_350.png

name; Vaughen
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
@Hyef Ooo, nice character!
@Hyef Ooo, nice character!
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot