Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Godless Lands(Interactive story)Sign-ups
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Antisepticc
Accepted!
@Antisepticc
Accepted!
AND-GOD-SAID.png
(@Skyfrost I updated Windbound's bio. Also, how many characters can we make?)
(@Skyfrost I updated Windbound's bio. Also, how many characters can we make?)
@Azerty
Windbound would have weak magic.
Strong magic means shade-touched can easily sense them.
And there's no such thing as muffled auras.
@Azerty
Windbound would have weak magic.
Strong magic means shade-touched can easily sense them.
And there's no such thing as muffled auras.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
@Skyfrost done
@Skyfrost done
@CaptainMoof
Accepted.
Just as a footnote, I might be moving this if there's so little interest.
@CaptainMoof
Accepted.
Just as a footnote, I might be moving this if there's so little interest.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
@CaptainMoof
You didn't read the rules.
P.S Soleil can't be over 500 years old. You have to read the rules.
@CaptainMoof
You didn't read the rules.
P.S Soleil can't be over 500 years old. You have to read the rules.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
@CaptainMoof

Oh no, it's fine. Yours is more about hiding an aura and mine's about Shade-touched not caring
@CaptainMoof

Oh no, it's fine. Yours is more about hiding an aura and mine's about Shade-touched not caring
05YNfGC.png
[b]Name:[/b] Fielder [b]Age:[/b] Anyone's guess. That guess tends to range between late 20s to early 30s, however. [b]Gender:[/b] Male. [b]Time they’ve been a shade touched:[/b] See backstory- it has been a few years. [b]Looks:[/b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63370193][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1008290&skin=0&apparel=553,17137,33699,549,33701,12930&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [b]Element:[/b] Ice [b]Strength:[/b] 8/10 [b]Intellect:[/b] 6/10 [b]Personality:[/b] Fielder is very pious, and believes that the gods have persisted beyond death, speak to the minds of those in peril and may yet re-emerge when there are no further threats to their existence. Beyond that, it is difficult to get information out of him as he rarely speaks of anything else unless he wants something. His swings between somewhat-helpful docility and unbridled rage are difficult to predict, and a dragon may face his wrath on one occasion and slip past him with only an uncomfortable greeting on the next. He is constantly rubbing at his eyes, and it seems the Shade-infested fluid that drips from them sometimes impedes his sight. He does not cooperate with dragons he can sense or the more obvious or outspoken Shade-touched, but subtler infectees and dragons of different elements frequently escape his notice and may find him easy to manipulate into following or aiding them. [b]Backstory:[/b] Fielder was a Gaoler of the Seeker order who abandoned his clan awhile before it fell. He doesn't consider himself a part of the order after that, but continued to hunt Shade wisps until greater threats pushed him out of the area he had been patrolling. This is how he was originally infected, though the Shade was slow to claim him. He believed that he was cured when he made use of a breed change scroll, temporarily reobtaining the original color of his eyes as he became a Wildclaw. He believed wrong, and when continued his crusade against Shade-Touched entities he seemed to see its influence everywhere, first in the undead of the Earth flight, then in Shadow travelers, then in... everyone. He cast aside the bludgeon he once used to keep a safe distance between himself and the jaws of the 'infected' as the Shade's creeping insanity led him to believe that he was immune, and he now sinks his claws into anything and everything that he believes to be impure. Neither more obvious Shade-Touched, nor still-clean survivors are safe from his blind and careless judgement. [b]Other:[/b] Fielder carries around part of an inactive waychunk as stubbornly as any sane pearlcatcher would their pearl. This fragment was a piece of his familiar, Proxy, before Shade influence sapped the magic that sustained its artificial life. He does not appear to be aware that it is dead. His cap looks a bit different than the in-game art, and there is an example of that in his site bio. ((728. It's been a long time since I've been in a single-thread roleplay. I may be a bit clueless as to what is going on until I'm used to it again, which is part of why I decided to go with a Shade-Touched. Tag me when interacting with Fielder, please. Before we begin, I would also like to know whether spot-claiming (making a blank post to indicate that one is typing, then filling it in as an edit) is permissible.))
Name: Fielder
Age: Anyone's guess. That guess tends to range between late 20s to early 30s, however.
Time they’ve been a shade touched: See backstory- it has been a few years.
Looks:scry?sdid=1008290&skin=0&apparel=553,17137,33699,549,33701,12930&xt=dressing.png
Element: Ice
Strength: 8/10
Intellect: 6/10

Personality: Fielder is very pious, and believes that the gods have persisted beyond death, speak to the minds of those in peril and may yet re-emerge when there are no further threats to their existence. Beyond that, it is difficult to get information out of him as he rarely speaks of anything else unless he wants something. His swings between somewhat-helpful docility and unbridled rage are difficult to predict, and a dragon may face his wrath on one occasion and slip past him with only an uncomfortable greeting on the next. He is constantly rubbing at his eyes, and it seems the Shade-infested fluid that drips from them sometimes impedes his sight. He does not cooperate with dragons he can sense or the more obvious or outspoken Shade-touched, but subtler infectees and dragons of different elements frequently escape his notice and may find him easy to manipulate into following or aiding them.

Backstory: Fielder was a Gaoler of the Seeker order who abandoned his clan awhile before it fell. He doesn't consider himself a part of the order after that, but continued to hunt Shade wisps until greater threats pushed him out of the area he had been patrolling. This is how he was originally infected, though the Shade was slow to claim him. He believed that he was cured when he made use of a breed change scroll, temporarily reobtaining the original color of his eyes as he became a Wildclaw.
He believed wrong, and when continued his crusade against Shade-Touched entities he seemed to see its influence everywhere, first in the undead of the Earth flight, then in Shadow travelers, then in... everyone. He cast aside the bludgeon he once used to keep a safe distance between himself and the jaws of the 'infected' as the Shade's creeping insanity led him to believe that he was immune, and he now sinks his claws into anything and everything that he believes to be impure. Neither more obvious Shade-Touched, nor still-clean survivors are safe from his blind and careless judgement.

Other: Fielder carries around part of an inactive waychunk as stubbornly as any sane pearlcatcher would their pearl. This fragment was a piece of his familiar, Proxy, before Shade influence sapped the magic that sustained its artificial life. He does not appear to be aware that it is dead. His cap looks a bit different than the in-game art, and there is an example of that in his site bio.

((728. It's been a long time since I've been in a single-thread roleplay. I may be a bit clueless as to what is going on until I'm used to it again, which is part of why I decided to go with a Shade-Touched. Tag me when interacting with Fielder, please.
Before we begin, I would also like to know whether spot-claiming (making a blank post to indicate that one is typing, then filling it in as an edit) is permissible.))
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff
Accepted!
@Sylveadiff
Accepted!
AND-GOD-SAID.png
[b]Looks:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62229083][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/622291/62229083_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Name:[/b] Midori [b]Age:[/b] 22 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Time they've been a shade touched:[/b] Three Months [b]Element:[/b] Nature [b]Strength: [/b] 10/10 [b]Intellect:[/b] 4/10 [b]Personality + Backstory:[/b] Once a young Grove Warden of the Shrieking Wilds, Midori was a disciplined yet not ridged young dragon. He took his position and duties seriously, but he was also quick to smile and indulge if he was not working. But then the world started to end, and then it really ended when the Gladekeeper fell. With nowhere left to run, he fell back into the depths of the Shrieking Wilds and hoped the land he'd devoted so much time in protecting would protect him in return. Midori lasted stunning long alone in the depths of the forest, but not even the Shrieking Wilds could stop the force of the shade-touched. They'd overrun him like a mob, the force of their attack beyond anything he had ever experienced before. When he awoke from the onslaught he'd been different - he'd been corrupted. The shadetouch made him faster and stronger but at great sacrifice. His magic, nearly gone. His personality, jaded. His body, darkened. His mind, slipping. An urge drives him on now, causing the very marrow in his bones to ache. His only purpose now is to spread his corruption to others. When he tries to resist the urge his body shakes, his vision clouds, and his mind starts to slip away. Midori hates it, but it's easier to give in to the urge than it is to suffer through resisting and risk fully losing himself. He is an unwilling participant in the end of the world, but there is no way for him to resist the will of the shade-touched and the pull of the magic that has been stolen from him. [b]Other:[/b] Midori is never seen without his mask. ((728, and I've never roleplayed on FR before, but I'm excited to try!))
Looks: 62229083_350.png

Name: Midori
Time they've been a shade touched: Three Months

Element: Nature
Strength: 10/10
Intellect: 4/10

Personality + Backstory: Once a young Grove Warden of the Shrieking Wilds, Midori was a disciplined yet not ridged young dragon. He took his position and duties seriously, but he was also quick to smile and indulge if he was not working. But then the world started to end, and then it really ended when the Gladekeeper fell. With nowhere left to run, he fell back into the depths of the Shrieking Wilds and hoped the land he'd devoted so much time in protecting would protect him in return.

Midori lasted stunning long alone in the depths of the forest, but not even the Shrieking Wilds could stop the force of the shade-touched. They'd overrun him like a mob, the force of their attack beyond anything he had ever experienced before. When he awoke from the onslaught he'd been different - he'd been corrupted. The shadetouch made him faster and stronger but at great sacrifice. His magic, nearly gone. His personality, jaded. His body, darkened. His mind, slipping.

An urge drives him on now, causing the very marrow in his bones to ache. His only purpose now is to spread his corruption to others. When he tries to resist the urge his body shakes, his vision clouds, and his mind starts to slip away. Midori hates it, but it's easier to give in to the urge than it is to suffer through resisting and risk fully losing himself. He is an unwilling participant in the end of the world, but there is no way for him to resist the will of the shade-touched and the pull of the magic that has been stolen from him.

Other: Midori is never seen without his mask.

((728, and I've never roleplayed on FR before, but I'm excited to try!))
WyY8d71.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7