Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Day to Day Dystopia (1x1)
@residentlunatic

Here we are! Sorry for the delay. Still typing into :/
@residentlunatic

Here we are! Sorry for the delay. Still typing into :/
@residentlunatic

It had been a normal day within the city, but things were very rough. The city needed more steel to be produced for the ships and more. But the city outside was bustling, Robert looked at the factory he was working in. He was a mechanic but today he was tasked in the manufacture of much more with his welding tools. He was not certain about what to do with the sheets of metal he was working on besides send them down the line, the police forces didn't particularly like ex military personnel. Especially those who knew machinery. But with peace having returned to the land he was not sure why they were all wound up and worried.

Julia meanwhile was writing in her office and checking the time. She was worried about the office being closed though with the need for material goods escalating rapidly. The idea of newspapers was fading as radio became the new thing... she hears her boss saying something outside and sighed.
@residentlunatic

It had been a normal day within the city, but things were very rough. The city needed more steel to be produced for the ships and more. But the city outside was bustling, Robert looked at the factory he was working in. He was a mechanic but today he was tasked in the manufacture of much more with his welding tools. He was not certain about what to do with the sheets of metal he was working on besides send them down the line, the police forces didn't particularly like ex military personnel. Especially those who knew machinery. But with peace having returned to the land he was not sure why they were all wound up and worried.

Julia meanwhile was writing in her office and checking the time. She was worried about the office being closed though with the need for material goods escalating rapidly. The idea of newspapers was fading as radio became the new thing... she hears her boss saying something outside and sighed.
(making 100% sure; this is a 1x1 right? I couldn't tell from the title)
(making 100% sure; this is a 1x1 right? I couldn't tell from the title)
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
@lillyjay

Yes. But are you interested in it?
@lillyjay

Yes. But are you interested in it?
(I'm into dystopian stuff and wanted to check it out, but I don't want to butt in here, you guys have fun)
(I'm into dystopian stuff and wanted to check it out, but I don't want to butt in here, you guys have fun)
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
Salazar took a long drag off of his cigarette watching his russian companion go about dressing himself for morning, heavy plates armor to disguise where flesh and metal had been fused. A heavy knock drawing both men's attention. The russain crossed the room and opened the door heaving a small sigh. "Sergey, you set out today then? Come in." He motioned for his son to enter the room a broad smile on his face.

Sergey Irons had been working ceaselessly to attain the position of Naval captain. He accepted a hug from his father, a ship builder. And nodded towards the other man in the room, smoothing out his uniform. "I must be on my way to the ship yard, all see you when we dock again father!"
"Good luck to you." Ignatius called after the officer shutting his door with a fond smile of his own. He glanced back at Salazar, "your boy was not so familiar when he left was he?" The blonde laughed. "Archer? No he was rather happy to flit off, build his radio, record music, and tell everyone what's what. I do miss him though."

Archer Steele had been up since the middle of the night ensuring that his program was all set. The radio man tuning and fussing till he was sure the machine would work perfectly for his broadcast. He had been over the moon the day he was approached by an inventor about being the voice of the public radio. He'd been a performer of several different types ever since the war ended. He paused in his broadcast preparation to give his prosthetic arm a quick tune up to make sure it would function smoothly. The cavalry had been the most exciting part of his life even if it had cost him a thing or two.
Salazar took a long drag off of his cigarette watching his russian companion go about dressing himself for morning, heavy plates armor to disguise where flesh and metal had been fused. A heavy knock drawing both men's attention. The russain crossed the room and opened the door heaving a small sigh. "Sergey, you set out today then? Come in." He motioned for his son to enter the room a broad smile on his face.

Sergey Irons had been working ceaselessly to attain the position of Naval captain. He accepted a hug from his father, a ship builder. And nodded towards the other man in the room, smoothing out his uniform. "I must be on my way to the ship yard, all see you when we dock again father!"
"Good luck to you." Ignatius called after the officer shutting his door with a fond smile of his own. He glanced back at Salazar, "your boy was not so familiar when he left was he?" The blonde laughed. "Archer? No he was rather happy to flit off, build his radio, record music, and tell everyone what's what. I do miss him though."

Archer Steele had been up since the middle of the night ensuring that his program was all set. The radio man tuning and fussing till he was sure the machine would work perfectly for his broadcast. He had been over the moon the day he was approached by an inventor about being the voice of the public radio. He'd been a performer of several different types ever since the war ended. He paused in his broadcast preparation to give his prosthetic arm a quick tune up to make sure it would function smoothly. The cavalry had been the most exciting part of his life even if it had cost him a thing or two.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Unfortunately, many didn't have the same luxury as others after the war. Robert found himself lucky to even hold a job after everything, not to mention the stories he kept hidden. To any who looked at him, he was perfectly healthy physically despite having served in a joint task force of armor and infantry. His past has taught him how to fix machinery and tracks. He was not sure what was worse. He saw a man leave the office with blonde hair, and he also saw a captain looking man enter too. He was thinking about what they may want as he continues to work on the metal going past him and down the line for further production. His phase over, but he was continuing to do more as metal came down the line.

Julia brought her paper to the boss. "Here you go ma'am." She said nervously. She hoped it would be passable despite everything since there was no longer anymore drama to write about. She looked around the room thinking that she was going to be fired at any moment given the writing issues in the office as of late.
Unfortunately, many didn't have the same luxury as others after the war. Robert found himself lucky to even hold a job after everything, not to mention the stories he kept hidden. To any who looked at him, he was perfectly healthy physically despite having served in a joint task force of armor and infantry. His past has taught him how to fix machinery and tracks. He was not sure what was worse. He saw a man leave the office with blonde hair, and he also saw a captain looking man enter too. He was thinking about what they may want as he continues to work on the metal going past him and down the line for further production. His phase over, but he was continuing to do more as metal came down the line.

Julia brought her paper to the boss. "Here you go ma'am." She said nervously. She hoped it would be passable despite everything since there was no longer anymore drama to write about. She looked around the room thinking that she was going to be fired at any moment given the writing issues in the office as of late.