Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It’s Just Us IC (Open) (5/8)
1 2 3 4 5
In the world of our story, there are normal humans... and then there are ghouls. Ghouls look, act, and talk like humans, but they are very very different. They have a organ in their backs called a kagune, which can manifest suddenly and can be used has a weapon in combat or for hunting. Their sclera turns black and their irises red when they are excited, hungry, or really angry. They have enhanced speed, strength, senses, and intelligence. They are the perfect killing machines, and there is one trait that makes them even more dangerous. They can only survive on human flesh. Most ghouls don’t try to kill people, they’re content to visit suicide spots and “harvest” the flesh, or go to morgues and request it off of a unidentified body. Others, are cold-blooded killers. They relish killing and believe that ghouls should be the dominant race on the planet. Because of these types of ghouls, humans believe all ghouls are bad and work with a worldwide agency called the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) to wipe out the ghouls.

Because of this, ghouls live in secrecy, hiding who they are to avoid death at the hands of the CCG, or other ghouls who might take advantage of a weaker ghoul to snack. There are ghoul and human hybrids though, but they to are hunted because of their ghoul heritage. There are half-ghouls, who possess the abilities of ghouls but are somehow more powerful because of their human blood. They can be created naturally, but this is very very rare, or artificially by placing ghoul organs into a human. Both of these methods have a very low chance of success, making half ghouls even more rare. There are also half-humans, who don’t possess a kagune and can function like a normal human, but have enhanced speed and strength.

Our story focuses on a group of ghouls, half-ghouls, and maybe half-humans who are living in Chicago. They attempt to avoid hostile ghouls and the CCG, all while balancing their “human” lives and keeping their true identity secret. Will they fail and be slaughtered, or maybe live to see the end of this dark time?

Okay, this is based off the horror/thriller anime Tokyo Ghoul. Most of the elements like ghouls and the CCG are from the anime, and I would recommend watching a few episodes just because it’s realllllly sticking good, in my opinion. You can still RP if you haven’t watched the show, I’m always here to answer questions! The show is rated M for very bloody scenes, acouple of adult scenes towards the end of the show, and disturbing images, but we will try to kept this as ummmmmm... soft as possible.

Rules:

1: Bloody scenes and swearing are allowed, but keep it to a minimum. NO ADULT SCENES.
2: Hate the character, not the person.
3: LGBTQ+ is supported and welcomed!
4: Please tell us if you will not be posting for a while or you need to leave. There will be a posting order just btw.
5: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign-ups:

Character name:
Sexuality:
Type of Ghoul:
Appearance of kagune (look up Tokyo Ghoul kagune to find a image, many ghouls have the same kagune):
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Character Slots:

1: Me!
2: EtherealEmber
3: AndromedaFlight
4: Darkmoonbreeder
5:
6:
7:
8:

Link to OOC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2893073/1#post_44180173
In the world of our story, there are normal humans... and then there are ghouls. Ghouls look, act, and talk like humans, but they are very very different. They have a organ in their backs called a kagune, which can manifest suddenly and can be used has a weapon in combat or for hunting. Their sclera turns black and their irises red when they are excited, hungry, or really angry. They have enhanced speed, strength, senses, and intelligence. They are the perfect killing machines, and there is one trait that makes them even more dangerous. They can only survive on human flesh. Most ghouls don’t try to kill people, they’re content to visit suicide spots and “harvest” the flesh, or go to morgues and request it off of a unidentified body. Others, are cold-blooded killers. They relish killing and believe that ghouls should be the dominant race on the planet. Because of these types of ghouls, humans believe all ghouls are bad and work with a worldwide agency called the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul) to wipe out the ghouls.

Because of this, ghouls live in secrecy, hiding who they are to avoid death at the hands of the CCG, or other ghouls who might take advantage of a weaker ghoul to snack. There are ghoul and human hybrids though, but they to are hunted because of their ghoul heritage. There are half-ghouls, who possess the abilities of ghouls but are somehow more powerful because of their human blood. They can be created naturally, but this is very very rare, or artificially by placing ghoul organs into a human. Both of these methods have a very low chance of success, making half ghouls even more rare. There are also half-humans, who don’t possess a kagune and can function like a normal human, but have enhanced speed and strength.

Our story focuses on a group of ghouls, half-ghouls, and maybe half-humans who are living in Chicago. They attempt to avoid hostile ghouls and the CCG, all while balancing their “human” lives and keeping their true identity secret. Will they fail and be slaughtered, or maybe live to see the end of this dark time?

Okay, this is based off the horror/thriller anime Tokyo Ghoul. Most of the elements like ghouls and the CCG are from the anime, and I would recommend watching a few episodes just because it’s realllllly sticking good, in my opinion. You can still RP if you haven’t watched the show, I’m always here to answer questions! The show is rated M for very bloody scenes, acouple of adult scenes towards the end of the show, and disturbing images, but we will try to kept this as ummmmmm... soft as possible.

Rules:

1: Bloody scenes and swearing are allowed, but keep it to a minimum. NO ADULT SCENES.
2: Hate the character, not the person.
3: LGBTQ+ is supported and welcomed!
4: Please tell us if you will not be posting for a while or you need to leave. There will be a posting order just btw.
5: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign-ups:

Character name:
Sexuality:
Type of Ghoul:
Appearance of kagune (look up Tokyo Ghoul kagune to find a image, many ghouls have the same kagune):
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Character Slots:

1: Me!
2: EtherealEmber
3: AndromedaFlight
4: Darkmoonbreeder
5:
6:
7:
8:

Link to OOC: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2893073/1#post_44180173
Oh. I’m gay now. Hm. Also, call me Moondalf!
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
@Darkmoonbreeder @AndromedaFlight @EtherealEmber

Here it is!
@Darkmoonbreeder @AndromedaFlight @EtherealEmber

Here it is!
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Hito//Home//No Tags
Hito sat on the rail of her rickety fire escape, watching the city. It thrived during the day, but turned into a place of shadow during the night. The thin ghoul stretched her arms out, legs firmly connected to the bar. Rubbing her head, she looked down her left. The fire escape went down two more stories before dropping into one of those ladders you had to unlock to make it go down. There was no one above her and she did have access to the roof, if she jumped high enough, but preferred the escape.

It was easier to hunt and battle from here.
Hito//Home//No Tags
Hito sat on the rail of her rickety fire escape, watching the city. It thrived during the day, but turned into a place of shadow during the night. The thin ghoul stretched her arms out, legs firmly connected to the bar. Rubbing her head, she looked down her left. The fire escape went down two more stories before dropping into one of those ladders you had to unlock to make it go down. There was no one above her and she did have access to the roof, if she jumped high enough, but preferred the escape.

It was easier to hunt and battle from here.
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Briar/In a side street

Briar ran quietly through the side street. Her breath was fairly even has she jogging through the deserted city. It was nighttime, and most of the humans were save in their beds, and the CCG was patrolling the streets in search of ghouls like her. She turned into an alleyway (one near Hito) and paused for a second, breathing heavily. Her stomach growled loudly and she clutched it in pain. She hadn’t eaten in a few days and she didn’t dare attack a human. She walked further into the alley and walked up to a dumpster. It was empty, not that smelly, and could hide her from people. It seemed to be the best place to hide for the night. She paused a rustled around in her backpack before pulling out a thin blanket and a her sketchbook and coloring pencils.
Briar/In a side street

Briar ran quietly through the side street. Her breath was fairly even has she jogging through the deserted city. It was nighttime, and most of the humans were save in their beds, and the CCG was patrolling the streets in search of ghouls like her. She turned into an alleyway (one near Hito) and paused for a second, breathing heavily. Her stomach growled loudly and she clutched it in pain. She hadn’t eaten in a few days and she didn’t dare attack a human. She walked further into the alley and walked up to a dumpster. It was empty, not that smelly, and could hide her from people. It seemed to be the best place to hide for the night. She paused a rustled around in her backpack before pulling out a thin blanket and a her sketchbook and coloring pencils.
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Hito//Home//Mentions Briar
She playfully saluted the neighbor across from her before they swept out of sight behind their curtains. Dang, nighttime was nice.
She picked at one of her overlarge canine teeth with a thin finger, looking around. No CCG agents would patrol her area for.......about an hour. She looked down at the watch on her wrist. Yep, about an hour.

She heard a small clattering sound, like a lid falling over something. Curious, she leaned forwards, but wasn't able to see much from this angle. Locking her heels in between the bars of the escape and completely leaning forwards. Still nothing. She swung back onto the platform and slunk down the steps. She swung down the last level and dropped down to the ground. Silently, she slipped through the alleys, looking for the cause of the noise.
Hito//Home//Mentions Briar
She playfully saluted the neighbor across from her before they swept out of sight behind their curtains. Dang, nighttime was nice.
She picked at one of her overlarge canine teeth with a thin finger, looking around. No CCG agents would patrol her area for.......about an hour. She looked down at the watch on her wrist. Yep, about an hour.

She heard a small clattering sound, like a lid falling over something. Curious, she leaned forwards, but wasn't able to see much from this angle. Locking her heels in between the bars of the escape and completely leaning forwards. Still nothing. She swung back onto the platform and slunk down the steps. She swung down the last level and dropped down to the ground. Silently, she slipped through the alleys, looking for the cause of the noise.
7zcCDc4.png
Briar put her backpack back onto her shoulder and hopped into the dumpster. It caused a bit of a racket, so she paused and scanned the area for any threats. Satisfied that there seemed to be nothing, she settled in and spread her blanket out before finding a comfortable seat. She wondered how Doodles was doing. The CCG had increased its patrols recently and it was too dangerous to bring her beloved dog with her on her searches for food, so she had left him with a ghoul friendly shopkeeper for the moment. Sighing, she began to doodle in her sketchbook to calm herself before sleeping.
Briar put her backpack back onto her shoulder and hopped into the dumpster. It caused a bit of a racket, so she paused and scanned the area for any threats. Satisfied that there seemed to be nothing, she settled in and spread her blanket out before finding a comfortable seat. She wondered how Doodles was doing. The CCG had increased its patrols recently and it was too dangerous to bring her beloved dog with her on her searches for food, so she had left him with a ghoul friendly shopkeeper for the moment. Sighing, she began to doodle in her sketchbook to calm herself before sleeping.
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Hito//Stalking//Mentions Briar
She bared her teeth as she slunk though the shadows and garbage bins. Was it just a raccoon? Would she be able to eat it? Hmm....probably not.
Her small brown eyes flickered around as she scanned the nearest shapes. Garbage bin, garbage bin, dumpster. No animals as far as she could see.
She bared her teeth as she slunk though the shadows and garbage bins. Was it just a raccoon? Would she be able to eat it? Hmm....probably not.
Her small brown eyes flickered around as she scanned the nearest shapes. Garbage bin, garbage bin, dumpster. No animals as far as she could see.
7zcCDc4.png
Briar stopped her doodling suddenly. She could sense something else in the alley with her. Her mind started to race as she tried to come up with a plan to either escape or fight. She was younger, so she wasn’t the best at fighting, and she was tired from going days without food. Cautiously, she poked her head out to have a look around. She was crouched in a position that would allow her to suddenly move from her stationary position. Then she accidentally dropped the pencil she was holding. It clattered on the metal floor of the dumpster. Briar’s breath caught in her throat and her adrenaline started to pump through her body, preparing her for the potential fight.
Briar stopped her doodling suddenly. She could sense something else in the alley with her. Her mind started to race as she tried to come up with a plan to either escape or fight. She was younger, so she wasn’t the best at fighting, and she was tired from going days without food. Cautiously, she poked her head out to have a look around. She was crouched in a position that would allow her to suddenly move from her stationary position. Then she accidentally dropped the pencil she was holding. It clattered on the metal floor of the dumpster. Briar’s breath caught in her throat and her adrenaline started to pump through her body, preparing her for the potential fight.
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
She hissed, whirling around at the noise of something hitting metal. She didn't want to use her Kagune, but it might be needed.
Curse herself! She hadn't taken any of her usual defenses, only a slightly dull dagger.

She lowered herself closer to the ground, slowly inching towards the shadows. She wanted the high ground, not the easy capture.
She hissed, whirling around at the noise of something hitting metal. She didn't want to use her Kagune, but it might be needed.
Curse herself! She hadn't taken any of her usual defenses, only a slightly dull dagger.

She lowered herself closer to the ground, slowly inching towards the shadows. She wanted the high ground, not the easy capture.
7zcCDc4.png
Briar snapped her head towards the hiss. Oh god how she hoped that it was potentially a ghoul that was willing to be friendly, or at least let her go. She silently picked the pencil back up, stuffed it and her sketchbook back in her backpack, and peered back at where the hiss came from. She could barely see the outline of a fellow ghoul backing into the shadows. She mulled over her opinions. She could run, but the ghoul might see that as a opening to kill her, or she could face them head on and take the risk. After a moment of thought, she leaped out of the dumpster and landed in a crouch next to the dumpster.

“Hello.”
Briar snapped her head towards the hiss. Oh god how she hoped that it was potentially a ghoul that was willing to be friendly, or at least let her go. She silently picked the pencil back up, stuffed it and her sketchbook back in her backpack, and peered back at where the hiss came from. She could barely see the outline of a fellow ghoul backing into the shadows. She mulled over her opinions. She could run, but the ghoul might see that as a opening to kill her, or she could face them head on and take the risk. After a moment of thought, she leaped out of the dumpster and landed in a crouch next to the dumpster.

“Hello.”
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
1 2 3 4 5