Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | REJECTS ( RP thread ) CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/200629/88a30b1d6bba8315debbc92252695c13.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/135/135233.gif[/img][/center] The Assassin: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949#post_43849144]Raelaina Whicknight[/url] ( The Serpent ) [indent]The student is going to be molded into the perfect killer, silent, deadly, and able to take out an opponent in an agile and flawless way, This character must be smart, quick thinking, and able to blend in with their surroundings[/indent] [center][img]https://data.whicdn.com/images/53912452/original.gif[/img][/center] the Tactician: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949/2#post_43851146]Kaori Hirata [/url]( Calculi ) [indent] This student will be made into the perfect strategist. While they will not always be placed in the line of combat they can still defend themselves physically if needed. They will learn to read and direct operations creating the perfect plan in any situation. [/indent] [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/ee/6e/2cee6eadc20d62a209bab90362b9fe16.gif[/img][/center] The Gladiator: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949/3#post_43854154]Eric Alchides Graves[/url] ( Inferno ) [indent] This student will be molded into the best front liner the world has ever seen. Able to fight their way through any barricade without need for stealth. Unlike the assassin, this student won't lie in the shadows. they will learn to lead, and understand when the situation calls for them or a more discrete approach. Able to fight in close combat but also in artillery if needed. [/indent] [center][img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/36/b5/4836b54b48c644b53a7d796f1985ce11.gif[/img][/center] The Technician: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949/3#post_43854594]Oscar Bane Whitethor[/url]n ( Night Howler ) [indent]No team is complete without a resident tech expert weather in computers, artillery, or vehicles. this person will be able to make, fix, and identify any sort of technology. This student will learn not only how to make and fix such appliances but how to also infiltrate an organization through their own technology. They will be an undeniable asset to the team.[/indent] [center][img]https://cdn.lowgif.com/full/926f71c414c5a415-anime-smirk-tumblr.gif[/img][/center] The Informant: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949/6#post_43857304]Caspian Angevin[/url] ( Finch ) [indent]this student will be taught in the art of verbal warfare. they will be able to get information from people, making them let their guard down in conversation. they will learn to gather information without raising any suspicion.[/indent] [img]https://pa1.narvii.com/6305/cf5a71b248e69ea51a24b38b6c1ee8e6bdf5319d_hq.gif[/img] The Spy: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949#post_43850380]Flame Arii Drayceon[/url] ( Crow Call) [indent]This student will learn to work closely with the informant in gathering intel. When the situation calls for it they will be able to get information not through their own conversation but by listening in without detection. They will learn to be able to infiltrate any facility to learn as much as they can and get out without being discovered. [/indent] [center][img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LinearEcstaticAfricanhornbill-small.gif[/img][/center] The Teachers: Combat, communications, Math, English: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949#post_43849144]Agent Parks[/url] Stealth, Infiltration, counseling, medic, Science: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949#post_43849144]Agent Ancrum[/url] Information Technology, defense, Strategy, PE: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2880949/4#post_43855648]Agent Thurnin[/url]
88a30b1d6bba8315debbc92252695c13.png
135233.gif
The Assassin: Raelaina Whicknight ( The Serpent )
The student is going to be molded into the perfect killer, silent, deadly, and able to take out an opponent in an agile and flawless way, This character must be smart, quick thinking, and able to blend in with their surroundings
original.gif
the Tactician: Kaori Hirata ( Calculi )
This student will be made into the perfect strategist. While they will not always be placed in the line of combat they can still defend themselves physically if needed. They will learn to read and direct operations creating the perfect plan in any situation.
2cee6eadc20d62a209bab90362b9fe16.gif
The Gladiator: Eric Alchides Graves ( Inferno )
This student will be molded into the best front liner the world has ever seen. Able to fight their way through any barricade without need for stealth. Unlike the assassin, this student won't lie in the shadows. they will learn to lead, and understand when the situation calls for them or a more discrete approach. Able to fight in close combat but also in artillery if needed.
4836b54b48c644b53a7d796f1985ce11.gif
The Technician: Oscar Bane Whitethorn ( Night Howler )
No team is complete without a resident tech expert weather in computers, artillery, or vehicles. this person will be able to make, fix, and identify any sort of technology. This student will learn not only how to make and fix such appliances but how to also infiltrate an organization through their own technology. They will be an undeniable asset to the team.
926f71c414c5a415-anime-smirk-tumblr.gif
The Informant: Caspian Angevin ( Finch )
this student will be taught in the art of verbal warfare. they will be able to get information from people, making them let their guard down in conversation. they will learn to gather information without raising any suspicion.
cf5a71b248e69ea51a24b38b6c1ee8e6bdf5319d_hq.gif
The Spy: Flame Arii Drayceon ( Crow Call)
This student will learn to work closely with the informant in gathering intel. When the situation calls for it they will be able to get information not through their own conversation but by listening in without detection. They will learn to be able to infiltrate any facility to learn as much as they can and get out without being discovered.

LinearEcstaticAfricanhornbill-small.gif
The Teachers:

Combat, communications, Math, English: Agent Parks

Stealth, Infiltration, counseling, medic, Science: Agent Ancrum

Information Technology, defense, Strategy, PE: Agent Thurnin
1f338.png 5bb420da6c0049a8f4927d7fc6d5c60f.png

Visit my hatchery--> Candlelight
Visit my art shop --> Kitty Corner
Visit My new Rps --> CT Equestrian
03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/200629/30fd8854a9deeffd9a835a1f2c2ff2f8.png[/img][/center] Rosewood Private Academy was just over a month back into session. It was like any other day. Just entering the beginning of fall the leaves began to lose their vibrant colors bringing in the red, orange, yellow hues that always drift in around this time of year. Then it happened, something out of the ordinary. It wasn't uncommon to see limos or expensive cars stop at the campus front gates but when A woman with long silver hair stepped out of the passenger side it became the talk among the boys that attended the school. As for the girls, they whispered about the man who came from the driver's side. The silver-haired woman carried a brown folder with a strange insignia stamped on the front. The man next to her carried a case at his side and had a phone to his ear. All the students knew was that the pair headed straight for the faculty building. No one saw them exit nor did they know why the two people had shown up in the first place. Rumors spread about who they could be. Investors, government officials, professors from colleges...the list went on and on. Some even thought they were scouts for musicians or athletes. What the students didn't know was that the striking pair was none of those things, and yet all of those things at the same time. In the headmaster's office, the brown-haired man sat in the chair across from the Head of the school, the older man staring the pair down as the silver-haired woman perched herself on the arm of the chair that her partner was sitting in. "You must be the new F class teachers...We have a couple of hopless students that the faculty.... don't want mingling with our students. We sent you their files....so...Out of those fifteen students...who will you be willing to take off our hands?" the principal asked. It was clear that he felt the problem children of the school were a hindrance. The silver-haired woman nodded with a smile and pulled a stack of papers out of her folder "yes....Though I believe introductions are in order first...I am America Ancrum. This is my associate Hunter Parks....Our other associate is unable to be here right now due to paperwork." she said with a sweet soft smile. She moved forward and took it upon herself to move the things on the man's desk out of the way and laid down the first paperclipped papers. "We will be taking on six of your students...Starting with Oscar Bane Whitethorn, eighteen, You tell us he has some nasty rumors going around...and he tends to get into unprovoked fights...." He was chosen not due to the school rendition of him, but because he was rather good with technology and mechanics. Their colleague found him interesting enough and good enough to consider taking him under their wing. "Next we have Eric Alchides Graves. seventeen. seems that while he usually keeps to himself he also gets into fights off campus...and usually, those he gets into fights with...don't come out...looking very pretty. he doesn't talk to his peers and his grades have been slipping...He makes his classmates uncomfortable so you want him gone...so the students with a future can concentrate" she said laying down the file on top of the first. Of course, She had her colleagues observe him for a while and came to the realization that he hardly gets into fights...and only does so when he is angry...and provoked. other than that he has an obvious lack of trust for those around him. "Moving on, we have Kaori Hirata, fifteen. Her grades are rock bottom, and on midterms and finals she flunks them even worse than normal tests despite her classwork being rather stellar...." America said. The principle interrupted "we have no space for those who fall under the pressure" The silver-haired woman only nodded before continuing. Even agent Parks could see the girl was a genius in her own right. America laid the next file down "Flame Arii Drayceon, thirteen. A complete delinquent. Skips class doesn't turn in assignments, leaves test papers empty even when she does show up to class...and...according to you...she brings pets to school...Am I missing anything so far?" She asked still holding two files in her hand. The headmaster shook his head and she nodded laying the next file down. "Reliance Nyx Wicknight, sixteen. Her grades are far below where they should be, despite being a music student she never actually makes any noise...She keeps to herself and refuses to participate. She has a sibling that attends this school who is doing rather well ranking in the top five...her failure is something that could potentially hold her sibling back...You need her off the campus so he can concentrate" America finished, her voice had lost its sweet touch somewhere along the way as she talked about each student. "And last but not least..." This continued on for a long while. Each student being discussed. Pulling information on how the school sees the students was important, because as far as the F class teachers could see, these students were far more skilled than the school gave them credit for. America looked towards her colleague who nodded and they both stood "Please...send out class change forms to the students and have them meet us at the F building entrance" Hunter said looking at his watch. they both exited and the moment they were out of earshot America grumbled "ug that man makes me want to incinerate that entire system..." Hunter looked down at his phone and sighed "please dont....That is something I would rather not have to do the paperwork for." he said blandly. "Also...Can you please fetch Agent Thurnin....Hes...." Hunter gave a sigh "rather drunk...One of our sleeper agents found him dancing on a table downtown..." Hunter said already feeling a headache coming on. America chuckled and nodded "Sure thing. Should I do it the nice way or my way?" she asked. Hunter only gave her a sharp look and she clapped her hands "My way it is..."
30fd8854a9deeffd9a835a1f2c2ff2f8.png

Rosewood Private Academy was just over a month back into session. It was like any other day. Just entering the beginning of fall the leaves began to lose their vibrant colors bringing in the red, orange, yellow hues that always drift in around this time of year. Then it happened, something out of the ordinary. It wasn't uncommon to see limos or expensive cars stop at the campus front gates but when A woman with long silver hair stepped out of the passenger side it became the talk among the boys that attended the school. As for the girls, they whispered about the man who came from the driver's side. The silver-haired woman carried a brown folder with a strange insignia stamped on the front. The man next to her carried a case at his side and had a phone to his ear.

All the students knew was that the pair headed straight for the faculty building. No one saw them exit nor did they know why the two people had shown up in the first place. Rumors spread about who they could be. Investors, government officials, professors from colleges...the list went on and on. Some even thought they were scouts for musicians or athletes. What the students didn't know was that the striking pair was none of those things, and yet all of those things at the same time.

In the headmaster's office, the brown-haired man sat in the chair across from the Head of the school, the older man staring the pair down as the silver-haired woman perched herself on the arm of the chair that her partner was sitting in. "You must be the new F class teachers...We have a couple of hopless students that the faculty.... don't want mingling with our students. We sent you their files....so...Out of those fifteen students...who will you be willing to take off our hands?" the principal asked. It was clear that he felt the problem children of the school were a hindrance. The silver-haired woman nodded with a smile and pulled a stack of papers out of her folder "yes....Though I believe introductions are in order first...I am America Ancrum. This is my associate Hunter Parks....Our other associate is unable to be here right now due to paperwork." she said with a sweet soft smile. She moved forward and took it upon herself to move the things on the man's desk out of the way and laid down the first paperclipped papers.

"We will be taking on six of your students...Starting with Oscar Bane Whitethorn, eighteen, You tell us he has some nasty rumors going around...and he tends to get into unprovoked fights...." He was chosen not due to the school rendition of him, but because he was rather good with technology and mechanics. Their colleague found him interesting enough and good enough to consider taking him under their wing.

"Next we have Eric Alchides Graves. seventeen. seems that while he usually keeps to himself he also gets into fights off campus...and usually, those he gets into fights with...don't come out...looking very pretty. he doesn't talk to his peers and his grades have been slipping...He makes his classmates uncomfortable so you want him gone...so the students with a future can concentrate" she said laying down the file on top of the first. Of course, She had her colleagues observe him for a while and came to the realization that he hardly gets into fights...and only does so when he is angry...and provoked. other than that he has an obvious lack of trust for those around him.

"Moving on, we have Kaori Hirata, fifteen. Her grades are rock bottom, and on midterms and finals she flunks them even worse than normal tests despite her classwork being rather stellar...." America said. The principle interrupted "we have no space for those who fall under the pressure" The silver-haired woman only nodded before continuing. Even agent Parks could see the girl was a genius in her own right.

America laid the next file down "Flame Arii Drayceon, thirteen. A complete delinquent. Skips class doesn't turn in assignments, leaves test papers empty even when she does show up to class...and...according to you...she brings pets to school...Am I missing anything so far?" She asked still holding two files in her hand.

The headmaster shook his head and she nodded laying the next file down. "Reliance Nyx Wicknight, sixteen. Her grades are far below where they should be, despite being a music student she never actually makes any noise...She keeps to herself and refuses to participate. She has a sibling that attends this school who is doing rather well ranking in the top five...her failure is something that could potentially hold her sibling back...You need her off the campus so he can concentrate" America finished, her voice had lost its sweet touch somewhere along the way as she talked about each student.

"And last but not least..." This continued on for a long while. Each student being discussed. Pulling information on how the school sees the students was important, because as far as the F class teachers could see, these students were far more skilled than the school gave them credit for.

America looked towards her colleague who nodded and they both stood "Please...send out class change forms to the students and have them meet us at the F building entrance" Hunter said looking at his watch. they both exited and the moment they were out of earshot America grumbled "ug that man makes me want to incinerate that entire system..." Hunter looked down at his phone and sighed "please dont....That is something I would rather not have to do the paperwork for." he said blandly. "Also...Can you please fetch Agent Thurnin....Hes...." Hunter gave a sigh "rather drunk...One of our sleeper agents found him dancing on a table downtown..." Hunter said already feeling a headache coming on.

America chuckled and nodded "Sure thing. Should I do it the nice way or my way?" she asked. Hunter only gave her a sharp look and she clapped her hands "My way it is..."

03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
Raeliana Nyx Wicknight
gender; female | Role; Assassin | 16 | @ open

The moment she arrived at school whispers were already floating through the campus. Carter got out of the lush black vehicle first before turning to his sister and sending her a glare "keep your head down mutt" he told her with a glare and a cocky smirk. She averted her eyes and pulled the hood on her jacket up and over her head hiding everything but her nose and lips from view. She kept her eyes trained down to the ground as the future politician of the northern continent met up with his friends laughing happily. For only a second those pinkish-red eyes glanced up with a sharpness at the black-haired boy in front of her. Though, no one could see it. Of course, her brother was a rather handsome guy...one year older than her, and very popular...If his looks didn't make him popular then the fact he was the only son of one of the best politicians in the world....Destined to probably be one of the richest men in the world...if that's what a woman is into.

of course, despite wearing the school uniform Rae kept her jacket on, the school uniform didn't have a hood..so she always wore it...even when she had to stand outside the classroom every morning for ten minutes for doing so. Raeliana just hated her reflection...hated that despite being related to the Wicknights...she wasn't really one of them...her eyes and soft facial features proved it. The only thing making her similar to the family she lived with was the color of her hair. As she walked through the campus people kept out of her way and whispered. She had a sense of hearing that others didn't, she could hear everything. Every word...every breath...sometimes she swore that she could hear their heartbeat if she listened closely enough.

She entered her homeroom class in the D building and sat near the back far off in the corner. The longer she sat there the fewer students noticed her assistance. Class started and most of the students didn't even realize she was there, even the teacher, who was calling roll didn't even notice her despite looking directly at her...at least she wouldn't have to hold a trombone in the hallway today.

then the door opened. A staff member from the Faculty building walked in and cleared his throat "Im looking for Raeliana Wicknight" he said looking around. he didn't notice her. She sighed softly and stood up "yes?" her voice was a soft whisper that caused the entire room to jump...they had forgotten she existed...that or simply didn't realize she was there to begin with. The teacher looked down at the roster confused about how she missed the student. The man at the door nodded "Ah...there you are...here...you have been moved to F class as of today...gather your things and report to the F building immediately" he said. The teacher seemed relieved...glad to be rid of the rather gloomy girl as the teacher crossed her name off the roster.

Am I really that hopeless? To be placed in a class of people practically guaranteed to have no future...is my significance that small? Rae couldn't help but wonder these things as she took the slip of paper from the elderly man and walked out of the classroom followed by the whispers....Rae wondered what would happen when her brother caught wind of it.

She made her way towards her locker and took all the books out stuffing them in her bag. Most students personalized the inside of their lockers...but Rae kept hers bare...there were no photos of friends that she had to pin up...no family photos or pictures of a nonexistent crush. No stickers or little embellishments to make the gray locker come to life. D class was known for its artists and musicians...so out of all the buildings, the lockers in the D building were heavily decorated to each individual student. "I guess it was a good thing I never bothered" she muttered to herself before closing the small compartment and walking down the stairs and out the front door. She passed the plate on a post that read "D building" and made her way across campus. The twenty-five-minute walk giving her time to think. Maybe it was for the best...she wouldn't have to worry about seeing her brother on campus all that much...and she wouldn't be expected to do anything in F class...because it was widely known that F class was for people beyond repair....She felt that maybe she did belong in F class....because it summed her up pretty well.

When she came to the gate she noticed a man standing there with a clipboard he had brown hair and honey-colored eyes....he was rather tall and muscular...She watched as a silver-haired lady made her way over...dragging a man behind her...who seemed to just be along for the ride as he waved to the stern-looking man... She then noticed other students where there...and a couple walking in the same direction as her. She grabbed the edge of her black hood and pulled it further over her face. She joined the group going relatively unnoticed and unseen.
Raeliana Nyx Wicknight

The moment she arrived at school whispers were already floating through the campus. Carter got out of the lush black vehicle first before turning to his sister and sending her a glare "keep your head down mutt" he told her with a glare and a cocky smirk. She averted her eyes and pulled the hood on her jacket up and over her head hiding everything but her nose and lips from view. She kept her eyes trained down to the ground as the future politician of the northern continent met up with his friends laughing happily. For only a second those pinkish-red eyes glanced up with a sharpness at the black-haired boy in front of her. Though, no one could see it. Of course, her brother was a rather handsome guy...one year older than her, and very popular...If his looks didn't make him popular then the fact he was the only son of one of the best politicians in the world....Destined to probably be one of the richest men in the world...if that's what a woman is into.

of course, despite wearing the school uniform Rae kept her jacket on, the school uniform didn't have a hood..so she always wore it...even when she had to stand outside the classroom every morning for ten minutes for doing so. Raeliana just hated her reflection...hated that despite being related to the Wicknights...she wasn't really one of them...her eyes and soft facial features proved it. The only thing making her similar to the family she lived with was the color of her hair. As she walked through the campus people kept out of her way and whispered. She had a sense of hearing that others didn't, she could hear everything. Every word...every breath...sometimes she swore that she could hear their heartbeat if she listened closely enough.

She entered her homeroom class in the D building and sat near the back far off in the corner. The longer she sat there the fewer students noticed her assistance. Class started and most of the students didn't even realize she was there, even the teacher, who was calling roll didn't even notice her despite looking directly at her...at least she wouldn't have to hold a trombone in the hallway today.

then the door opened. A staff member from the Faculty building walked in and cleared his throat "Im looking for Raeliana Wicknight" he said looking around. he didn't notice her. She sighed softly and stood up "yes?" her voice was a soft whisper that caused the entire room to jump...they had forgotten she existed...that or simply didn't realize she was there to begin with. The teacher looked down at the roster confused about how she missed the student. The man at the door nodded "Ah...there you are...here...you have been moved to F class as of today...gather your things and report to the F building immediately" he said. The teacher seemed relieved...glad to be rid of the rather gloomy girl as the teacher crossed her name off the roster.

Am I really that hopeless? To be placed in a class of people practically guaranteed to have no future...is my significance that small? Rae couldn't help but wonder these things as she took the slip of paper from the elderly man and walked out of the classroom followed by the whispers....Rae wondered what would happen when her brother caught wind of it.

She made her way towards her locker and took all the books out stuffing them in her bag. Most students personalized the inside of their lockers...but Rae kept hers bare...there were no photos of friends that she had to pin up...no family photos or pictures of a nonexistent crush. No stickers or little embellishments to make the gray locker come to life. D class was known for its artists and musicians...so out of all the buildings, the lockers in the D building were heavily decorated to each individual student. "I guess it was a good thing I never bothered" she muttered to herself before closing the small compartment and walking down the stairs and out the front door. She passed the plate on a post that read "D building" and made her way across campus. The twenty-five-minute walk giving her time to think. Maybe it was for the best...she wouldn't have to worry about seeing her brother on campus all that much...and she wouldn't be expected to do anything in F class...because it was widely known that F class was for people beyond repair....She felt that maybe she did belong in F class....because it summed her up pretty well.

When she came to the gate she noticed a man standing there with a clipboard he had brown hair and honey-colored eyes....he was rather tall and muscular...She watched as a silver-haired lady made her way over...dragging a man behind her...who seemed to just be along for the ride as he waved to the stern-looking man... She then noticed other students where there...and a couple walking in the same direction as her. She grabbed the edge of her black hood and pulled it further over her face. She joined the group going relatively unnoticed and unseen.

Kaori walked across campus, deep in thought. So I got moved to class F... It's better than being expelled, but still disappointing. I didn't even know they had a class F this year.
As she reached the overgrown gates, she saw three adults who must be her teachers. She walked up to them and smiled.
"Hi! I'm Kaori Hirata. Is this where the class F students are supposed to meet?"
Kaori walked across campus, deep in thought. So I got moved to class F... It's better than being expelled, but still disappointing. I didn't even know they had a class F this year.
As she reached the overgrown gates, she saw three adults who must be her teachers. She walked up to them and smiled.
"Hi! I'm Kaori Hirata. Is this where the class F students are supposed to meet?"
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
"Crows general"
"Jay"
"Crow team"
"The other weird thing that isn't quite English but isn't really anything else."
"Normal"
There was one thing the file got wrong, likely unbeknownst to the others.

I didn't bring them to school.

They were always there. And I always found them more interesting than anything else. Their social hierarchy wasn't like anything I'd seen. It was interesting. That's what it was.

Unlike math.

Which was unbearably boring. There was no point to it. Just solving problems for a letter on a sheet of paper, which, in all actuality, didn't actually matter. It's not like I was going to need to be able to calculate the exact angle of whatever I was looking at...

Well, at times I did, but that wasn't the point.

They could at least give us something productive for it. Or build other skills.

Something.

But no—

Just a sheet of paper. In a classroom. With that DUMB CLOCK CLICKING CONSTANTLY IN THE CORNER.

I never finished my tests because of just how idiotic they were. Why would I need to find the square root of this box when you can just measure it out?

It was so stupid... doing work for nothing when I could be making a script the crows can use to communicate?

A shudder wracked up my spine as I thought back to the dark woods of the country-side.

Barbed wire.

Birds strung up after they got caught on the fishing-line trap. The sickening cries of help as they died slowly...

It was despicable.

Disgusting.

Humans were filthy creatures, and no matter how much I wanted to deny it, I was one of them.

But at least I was trying.

And currently, that trying was me sitting about fifteen feet up in a tree and trying to work out a territorial dispute between the jays and the crows. Apparently, a young member of the former had crossed into crow territory without realizing.

He hadn't taken anything, but the darker birds were growing wary.

"Yes, I know he crossed a line, but it was an honest mistake," I tried, Ouroborous snapping his beak at any bird who tried anything.

Turning to an argumentative jay who was screeching that he did nothing wrong, I huffed. "Now that isn't quite right either and you know it. He should have been paying more attention."

The crows, slowly backing down, still grumbled, low, grating crackles coming from the backs of their throats.

The jays screed triumphantly, but I shook my head, wagging a finger.

"Now, now. No lording. Here—" I cut the plain turkey sandwich that was my lunch into fourths, handing one piece to the crows, another to the jays, and one more for my team. "I know pickings have been slim with the mammals preping for winter."

Despite the size difference, all pieces were cut evenly and I didn't seem to mind sharing the better part of my lunch. "Cut it even. Make sure everyone gets some." I repeated it in jay a moment later, making sure everyone understood before eating.

My team flapped over to the branches around me, Ouro perching on my shoulder. It was actually quite comical, despite his small size, he was still big. And he had this way of...

Looming. It was probably his eyes mostly, though. They were a shade of brown that just looked red. His feathers were also darker than most of the other crows, the iridescence along them particularly bright.

"Thanks for the assist, Ouro," I muttered scratching at his ruff affectionately.

He clicked a few times, leaning into the contact. He forgot to respond verbally, but I didn't really mind. The simple interactions was nice.

Leaning back against the tree, I closed my eyes, humming to the birds as they ate.

I, myself didn't eat much... maybe three fourths of the quartered sandwich before giving the rest to Ouro.

I never ate that much, anyway.

But I was pulled out of my peaceful humming when Vailen flew up with something in his beak.

A note.

I gave him a bit of extra bread in exchange. The only thing on the note was 'See me in building F; you're being transferred there.'

Odd...

But as long as I didn't have to go back into the mathroom...

However...

Just in case.

"Oi! With me!" Ouro took to the skies as I packed all of my stuff back in my messenger bag, hopping down from the trees.

Nissien and Vail followed in the sky while Ouro landed on my shoulder, cawing loudly once.

And thus, I stalked through the forest, slinking toward the dirt path I knew was there. There were others, but I kept to the shadowed woods, more used to the dark than I was the eye-burning blaze of the sun.

My three little death omens kept tabs on whoever was below, making sure I didn't get surprised.

They were efficient, obedient when needed, and much better company than most other things here.

I spotted a girl, Kaori, she said, speaking to who I presumed to be the teachers, and paused, holding still enough to watch.

Over the school uniform, this time, I had a black jacket, allowing me to more-or-less hide in the shadows without getting noticed... usually.
"Crows general"
"Jay"
"Crow team"
"The other weird thing that isn't quite English but isn't really anything else."
"Normal"
There was one thing the file got wrong, likely unbeknownst to the others.

I didn't bring them to school.

They were always there. And I always found them more interesting than anything else. Their social hierarchy wasn't like anything I'd seen. It was interesting. That's what it was.

Unlike math.

Which was unbearably boring. There was no point to it. Just solving problems for a letter on a sheet of paper, which, in all actuality, didn't actually matter. It's not like I was going to need to be able to calculate the exact angle of whatever I was looking at...

Well, at times I did, but that wasn't the point.

They could at least give us something productive for it. Or build other skills.

Something.

But no—

Just a sheet of paper. In a classroom. With that DUMB CLOCK CLICKING CONSTANTLY IN THE CORNER.

I never finished my tests because of just how idiotic they were. Why would I need to find the square root of this box when you can just measure it out?

It was so stupid... doing work for nothing when I could be making a script the crows can use to communicate?

A shudder wracked up my spine as I thought back to the dark woods of the country-side.

Barbed wire.

Birds strung up after they got caught on the fishing-line trap. The sickening cries of help as they died slowly...

It was despicable.

Disgusting.

Humans were filthy creatures, and no matter how much I wanted to deny it, I was one of them.

But at least I was trying.

And currently, that trying was me sitting about fifteen feet up in a tree and trying to work out a territorial dispute between the jays and the crows. Apparently, a young member of the former had crossed into crow territory without realizing.

He hadn't taken anything, but the darker birds were growing wary.

"Yes, I know he crossed a line, but it was an honest mistake," I tried, Ouroborous snapping his beak at any bird who tried anything.

Turning to an argumentative jay who was screeching that he did nothing wrong, I huffed. "Now that isn't quite right either and you know it. He should have been paying more attention."

The crows, slowly backing down, still grumbled, low, grating crackles coming from the backs of their throats.

The jays screed triumphantly, but I shook my head, wagging a finger.

"Now, now. No lording. Here—" I cut the plain turkey sandwich that was my lunch into fourths, handing one piece to the crows, another to the jays, and one more for my team. "I know pickings have been slim with the mammals preping for winter."

Despite the size difference, all pieces were cut evenly and I didn't seem to mind sharing the better part of my lunch. "Cut it even. Make sure everyone gets some." I repeated it in jay a moment later, making sure everyone understood before eating.

My team flapped over to the branches around me, Ouro perching on my shoulder. It was actually quite comical, despite his small size, he was still big. And he had this way of...

Looming. It was probably his eyes mostly, though. They were a shade of brown that just looked red. His feathers were also darker than most of the other crows, the iridescence along them particularly bright.

"Thanks for the assist, Ouro," I muttered scratching at his ruff affectionately.

He clicked a few times, leaning into the contact. He forgot to respond verbally, but I didn't really mind. The simple interactions was nice.

Leaning back against the tree, I closed my eyes, humming to the birds as they ate.

I, myself didn't eat much... maybe three fourths of the quartered sandwich before giving the rest to Ouro.

I never ate that much, anyway.

But I was pulled out of my peaceful humming when Vailen flew up with something in his beak.

A note.

I gave him a bit of extra bread in exchange. The only thing on the note was 'See me in building F; you're being transferred there.'

Odd...

But as long as I didn't have to go back into the mathroom...

However...

Just in case.

"Oi! With me!" Ouro took to the skies as I packed all of my stuff back in my messenger bag, hopping down from the trees.

Nissien and Vail followed in the sky while Ouro landed on my shoulder, cawing loudly once.

And thus, I stalked through the forest, slinking toward the dirt path I knew was there. There were others, but I kept to the shadowed woods, more used to the dark than I was the eye-burning blaze of the sun.

My three little death omens kept tabs on whoever was below, making sure I didn't get surprised.

They were efficient, obedient when needed, and much better company than most other things here.

I spotted a girl, Kaori, she said, speaking to who I presumed to be the teachers, and paused, holding still enough to watch.

Over the school uniform, this time, I had a black jacket, allowing me to more-or-less hide in the shadows without getting noticed... usually.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
Oscar:

The only reason the guy was at school was because his brother had dragged him there and pushed him out of the car, driving off before Oscar could even get up off of the ground.

Now he sat in class still mentally cursing his brother as he pulled out his phone and began to play a game, his hair falling into his eyes. He didn't look up as a staff member entered as he didn't really care, he also wasn't surprised when his name was called. Standing he slipped his phone into his pocket and grabbed his bag, following the guy out of the room.

Jax is going to love this... He thought as he left the building to head to the F class. This would probably be the last straw for his brother, he hated to make him upset but Oscar saw school as being pointless...especially now when he was in the lowest of the low. Oh well...there's no getting out of it

On the walk there he pulled his phone back out and began to play the game, beating it for the second time that morning. Uninstalling it he began to scroll through the app store looking for something else to play. As he walked he avoided sticks or stones that lay in his path, either stepping over them or around them.

As he neared the group he glanced up then slid his phone back into his pocket and huffed a bit. Why is everyone outside? He wondered. Oscar stuffed his hands into his jacket and tilted his head back to get his hair from his eyes. It went just a little past his shoulders. He had thought about cutting it but memories would surface and he would back down, letting it stay long.

He looked at the teachers and wondered if they were really adults or children stuck in adult bodies.
Oscar:

The only reason the guy was at school was because his brother had dragged him there and pushed him out of the car, driving off before Oscar could even get up off of the ground.

Now he sat in class still mentally cursing his brother as he pulled out his phone and began to play a game, his hair falling into his eyes. He didn't look up as a staff member entered as he didn't really care, he also wasn't surprised when his name was called. Standing he slipped his phone into his pocket and grabbed his bag, following the guy out of the room.

Jax is going to love this... He thought as he left the building to head to the F class. This would probably be the last straw for his brother, he hated to make him upset but Oscar saw school as being pointless...especially now when he was in the lowest of the low. Oh well...there's no getting out of it

On the walk there he pulled his phone back out and began to play the game, beating it for the second time that morning. Uninstalling it he began to scroll through the app store looking for something else to play. As he walked he avoided sticks or stones that lay in his path, either stepping over them or around them.

As he neared the group he glanced up then slid his phone back into his pocket and huffed a bit. Why is everyone outside? He wondered. Oscar stuffed his hands into his jacket and tilted his head back to get his hair from his eyes. It went just a little past his shoulders. He had thought about cutting it but memories would surface and he would back down, letting it stay long.

He looked at the teachers and wondered if they were really adults or children stuck in adult bodies.
FR Time: +3
Avid reader/ Role player / Cauldron Services
Caspian

The morning had started off as usual. Roger and his crew quipping little insults at Caspian as all the boys got changed in the locker room. Caspian ignored them for the most part, slipping on his tank top as the boys continued to berate him.

Just as he was about to put on his jacket he felt himself yanked backwards by the collar of his tanktop. Roger dug his grimy hands into the boy's right shoulder while he stood behind him.

"What are you deaf?," Roger growled into his ear, "Need me to give you another scar, huh, pretty boy?"

Roger shoved Caspian forward, causing him to stumble froward awkwardly. Just as he did so, a voice sounded from the entrance of the locker room.

"Caspian Angevin?"

The white haired boy's head whipped around to face the teacher that had walked in.

"Grab your stuff, you're being transferred to class F."

Roger and the majority of the locker room broke out in raucous laughter. Caspian slipped on his jacket quickly and grabbed his duffle bag out of his locker.

Within a few minutes he was out of the class E building with a paper in his hand and his duffle bag slung over his shoulder. He gave the paper a few quick glances before giving up on understanding why he had been transferred so suddenly.

His gaze switched up to the red and orange hues of the trees around him. A faint smile crept across his face as his blue eyes softened slightly. He'd always enjoyed the colder months.

He faced forward once again as he approached the entrance of the building. There were a few others nearby, not including the silver haired woman and the taller brown haired man. His gazed hardened again unconsciously as he walked closer to the others.

He didn't say anything when he approached them all, but instead chose to observe those around him.
Caspian

The morning had started off as usual. Roger and his crew quipping little insults at Caspian as all the boys got changed in the locker room. Caspian ignored them for the most part, slipping on his tank top as the boys continued to berate him.

Just as he was about to put on his jacket he felt himself yanked backwards by the collar of his tanktop. Roger dug his grimy hands into the boy's right shoulder while he stood behind him.

"What are you deaf?," Roger growled into his ear, "Need me to give you another scar, huh, pretty boy?"

Roger shoved Caspian forward, causing him to stumble froward awkwardly. Just as he did so, a voice sounded from the entrance of the locker room.

"Caspian Angevin?"

The white haired boy's head whipped around to face the teacher that had walked in.

"Grab your stuff, you're being transferred to class F."

Roger and the majority of the locker room broke out in raucous laughter. Caspian slipped on his jacket quickly and grabbed his duffle bag out of his locker.

Within a few minutes he was out of the class E building with a paper in his hand and his duffle bag slung over his shoulder. He gave the paper a few quick glances before giving up on understanding why he had been transferred so suddenly.

His gaze switched up to the red and orange hues of the trees around him. A faint smile crept across his face as his blue eyes softened slightly. He'd always enjoyed the colder months.

He faced forward once again as he approached the entrance of the building. There were a few others nearby, not including the silver haired woman and the taller brown haired man. His gazed hardened again unconsciously as he walked closer to the others.

He didn't say anything when he approached them all, but instead chose to observe those around him.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Magnus couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up from his lips as he was dragged onto campus. He most definitely wasn't drunk. He never really drank unless he felt awful, and he rarely felt that way. As she came to as stop, he glanced around, waving at the brown-haired man that had already been standing there.

"Oh, hey Hunter! So you were the one that sent Mer after me?" He grinned crookedly, standing and dusting himself off. "I thought so." His vibrant pink eyes glanced between each of the students as they appeared, a rather large and almost goofy grin plastered on his face.

He looked well out of place, standing between two professional agents in their suits and fancy clothing. He was wearing a fur coat and a rather scandalous top beneath that, along with some skinny jeans. His hair was half-put up, one side braided messily and the other side hanging loose over his shoulder.

He was chuckling as he eyed half the students. Some of them looked very skeptical. Others seemed far too friendly. One girl even ventured to introduce herself. He nodded slightly in acknowledgement, but said nothing for fear of the woman beside him. He was well aware that she was already fed up with his shenanigans.
Magnus couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up from his lips as he was dragged onto campus. He most definitely wasn't drunk. He never really drank unless he felt awful, and he rarely felt that way. As she came to as stop, he glanced around, waving at the brown-haired man that had already been standing there.

"Oh, hey Hunter! So you were the one that sent Mer after me?" He grinned crookedly, standing and dusting himself off. "I thought so." His vibrant pink eyes glanced between each of the students as they appeared, a rather large and almost goofy grin plastered on his face.

He looked well out of place, standing between two professional agents in their suits and fancy clothing. He was wearing a fur coat and a rather scandalous top beneath that, along with some skinny jeans. His hair was half-put up, one side braided messily and the other side hanging loose over his shoulder.

He was chuckling as he eyed half the students. Some of them looked very skeptical. Others seemed far too friendly. One girl even ventured to introduce herself. He nodded slightly in acknowledgement, but said nothing for fear of the woman beside him. He was well aware that she was already fed up with his shenanigans.
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
•Eric Alchides Graves

Should I ask for help?
Eric looked down at his test paper with a miserable look on his face. It would be so embarrassing, in this classroom full of geniuses; asking for help reading a problem was like signing his death warrent in a school like this. So far, he'd struggled through well- Sure, his grades weren't great-

Who am I kidding...

He slid his paper away from him and pressed his index and middle fingers to his temples, perching his elbows on the desk to support his head at the same time. There were so many things he had to worry about right now. His mom and her new boyfriend, for one- he'd already beat the guy up once for mistreating her. Who would've thought he'd try to do it again? Anger bubbled up inside his chest- enough for his entire manner to change from confused and frustrated to outright intimidating and moody. The kid sat back in his chair and let his arms fall to his sides.

He clenched his fists so hard his knuckles popped. No one mistreated the people he cared about and got away with it-

A voice beckoned him from the classroom door. A staff member. Distracted from his brooding thoughts, Eric got up from his desk and followed them as they called him from his test.

Class F?

He shoved his hands into his hunter-green hoodie pockets as he made his way to the meeting place. Class F wasn't good. It meant he wasn't good. He couldn't do it; Couldn't scrape by. He was a failure. Deep down, he'd already known he wouldn't have made it. Maybe that attitude was why he hadn't, though? Apollo had always said attitude made a huge difference in winning or loosing something.
Or something like that.
To bad he left me here... all by myself. To care for mom by myself. Just leaving me here- alone like that. He knew he was all I had, and he just- he just left me like that-

Eric pushed the thoughts from his mind best he could when he saw the students ahead of him and the three adults. He approached the group, green eyes taking in the students around him and observing the adults. When he was in sight-range, he put on his mask - his broad shoulders straightened- his gait became a bit less stiff, and he pulled his hands out of his pockets. His knuckles were bruised, which was easy to see for anyone who'd care to pay attention.

Eric didn't introduce himself. The adults would probably know who he was.

He was taller then most of the kids if only by inches, but he had a strong presence - which intimidated a lot of other people he'd been around; and Eric didn't mind if these kids were the same. Getting close to people meant they could pull away from him- he'd already experienced that once with his brother and a couple of friends. He didn't look forward to that happening again.

So, he kept his mouth shut. The only thing he did was make eye contact with each adult, then glance over the kids. His expression was neutral, but friendly - he stood up straight, put his hands back in his pockets, and listened for an adult to speak.
•Eric Alchides Graves

Should I ask for help?
Eric looked down at his test paper with a miserable look on his face. It would be so embarrassing, in this classroom full of geniuses; asking for help reading a problem was like signing his death warrent in a school like this. So far, he'd struggled through well- Sure, his grades weren't great-

Who am I kidding...

He slid his paper away from him and pressed his index and middle fingers to his temples, perching his elbows on the desk to support his head at the same time. There were so many things he had to worry about right now. His mom and her new boyfriend, for one- he'd already beat the guy up once for mistreating her. Who would've thought he'd try to do it again? Anger bubbled up inside his chest- enough for his entire manner to change from confused and frustrated to outright intimidating and moody. The kid sat back in his chair and let his arms fall to his sides.

He clenched his fists so hard his knuckles popped. No one mistreated the people he cared about and got away with it-

A voice beckoned him from the classroom door. A staff member. Distracted from his brooding thoughts, Eric got up from his desk and followed them as they called him from his test.

Class F?

He shoved his hands into his hunter-green hoodie pockets as he made his way to the meeting place. Class F wasn't good. It meant he wasn't good. He couldn't do it; Couldn't scrape by. He was a failure. Deep down, he'd already known he wouldn't have made it. Maybe that attitude was why he hadn't, though? Apollo had always said attitude made a huge difference in winning or loosing something.
Or something like that.
To bad he left me here... all by myself. To care for mom by myself. Just leaving me here- alone like that. He knew he was all I had, and he just- he just left me like that-

Eric pushed the thoughts from his mind best he could when he saw the students ahead of him and the three adults. He approached the group, green eyes taking in the students around him and observing the adults. When he was in sight-range, he put on his mask - his broad shoulders straightened- his gait became a bit less stiff, and he pulled his hands out of his pockets. His knuckles were bruised, which was easy to see for anyone who'd care to pay attention.

Eric didn't introduce himself. The adults would probably know who he was.

He was taller then most of the kids if only by inches, but he had a strong presence - which intimidated a lot of other people he'd been around; and Eric didn't mind if these kids were the same. Getting close to people meant they could pull away from him- he'd already experienced that once with his brother and a couple of friends. He didn't look forward to that happening again.

So, he kept his mouth shut. The only thing he did was make eye contact with each adult, then glance over the kids. His expression was neutral, but friendly - he stood up straight, put his hands back in his pockets, and listened for an adult to speak.
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

Raeliana Nyx Wicknight

With the red-headed boy's arrival, the brown-haired man looked up from his clipboard "Alright so everyone is here..." He concluded before looking down and checking the names off "First off I have a form for all of you to sign...Its...for confidentiality purposes...everything you learn from here on out is not to be discussed with anyone outside of this class..." he said giving a nod to the silver-haired women who walked around and passed out a clipboard and a packet to each of us. "As the contract states...You will be learning things that most students don't, you will be unable to talk about the parts of this course that exceed the normal idea of highschool...that includes students, family, and any faculty..including the headmaster. After you sign there I'll explain what you'll learn in this class and your first assignment" he said.

he waited for each of the students to sign the form. Honestly, Raeliana felt she had nothing to lose and quickly read through all the pages, being a bookworm was coming in handy. She sighed and signed at the bottom before handing it to the silver-haired lady. After each form was handed back The teacher nodded before saying "alright...with that Ill introduce myself...I am Mr. Parks...these are my colleagues and your other teachers...Mrs. Ancrum...and Mr. Thurnin..." he said gesturing to each teacher. Then he nodded to Mrs. Ancrum who smiled and stepped forward.

"it is lovely to meet you all...I have high hopes...Now...let us get to your first assignment...think of it as us...gageing your current skills...as most students know the F building hasn't been used in a rather long time...so the paths are a bit overgrown. Of course, With the building being in a forest..and on top of a hill it is a rather long walk to the building from this gate. So your first task will be to get to the building in these woods..." she said "You have one hour to find your way through the forest and up the hill...you may use any means necessary...use everything at your disposal...the only rule....is if you don't reach the top in an hour....you'll be expelled" she said with a wicked grin.

Raeliana couldn't believe what she was hearing. They had to find their way through a place they had never been...and get to a building they had never seen...in an hour...not to mention its a forest...who knows what animals are in that place. Rae took a slight step back...if she could sneak off like usual that would work but even with her silent half step back Mr. Parks glanced at her sharply causing her to stop in her tracks. Then the female teacher spoke one more time "oh also...while finding your way up...your goal is to not get tagged by our good friend here" she said placing her hand on the shoulder of Mr. Thurnin...If you get tagged it will take points off your final score.....of course, we will give you a ten-minute head start before we let him loose...Now" she said as Mr. Parks opened the gate and looked at the watch on his wrist before giving a nod. Mrs. Ancrum smiled "your time starts now...hope to see you at the top," she said.

Rae was so confused, more than anything she couldn't afford to be expelled. If that happened she knew that she would have h*ll to pay back home. F class was for failures but if she could keep it secret from her father long enough she might be able to find a way out...but expulsion...there would be no way to hide that. More than anything this was a crazy way to decide a student's worth...what did they expect us to become? Rangers or something? She wondered. Most of the students stood still for a while just as she did before they each made their way past the gate. Of course, she knew she should move her feet...but what could she do?

The others were moving full force ahead as if they had a plan but...What could she do? It wasn't like she went into the forests often...no more often then not she was in a dance studio or a library...or hiding in the mansion from her family...Not one of those things including fighting her way through a forest...but she needed to get moving...she needed to hide...or something because there was also the problem of getting tagged.

She had enough of this already it was like they were a game to these teachers...a game of tag? Manhunt? whatever it was it was completely unfair...and completely unnecessary..honestly do these teachers find us that much of a joke? she kept the hood of her jacket over her face because she didn't want anyone to see her panicked face...

She swallowed before taking her first steps passed the gate before looking around there was no point running in a random direction...but she also needed to get away from where the "tagger" would find her. She swallowed before looking up at the trees...most of the branches were bent, or thin...but, as she looked there, was one...just one that she could use...straight...thick...And at generally the right height.

With a deep breath she zipped her jacket up and tightened her backpack strings before digging her food into the grass and dirt below before taking off. She lifted her arms up and grabbed onto the branch and using the momentum of her straight arms to lift herself up and onto the branch...just as a gymnast would when mounting the uneven bars. She hadn't exactly thought it through completely...Rae had never climbed a tree before. Not once. She was off the ground so most likely out of sight but....then she realized....height...a view from above.

She slowly climbed testing the strength of each branch before continuing till she made it close to the top as she looked over the forest...it didn't help much...she couldn't see the building but she could see the hill...the one it should be on. She looked down seeing a couple of the students running...some walking....some looking panicked and running in random directions. She needed to calm down...being panicked wouldn't help.

Rae took deep breaths closing her eyes to concentrate before opening them and looking around again...she knew the general direction she needed to go...she racked her brain for anything she could use...and remembered a fantasy book she read once about pirates...without a compass use the...SUN! that was it...She looked up at the sky and regarded its general position in the sky compared to the direction she needed to move....Right...I can do this...I can...I hope.
Raeliana Nyx Wicknight

With the red-headed boy's arrival, the brown-haired man looked up from his clipboard "Alright so everyone is here..." He concluded before looking down and checking the names off "First off I have a form for all of you to sign...Its...for confidentiality purposes...everything you learn from here on out is not to be discussed with anyone outside of this class..." he said giving a nod to the silver-haired women who walked around and passed out a clipboard and a packet to each of us. "As the contract states...You will be learning things that most students don't, you will be unable to talk about the parts of this course that exceed the normal idea of highschool...that includes students, family, and any faculty..including the headmaster. After you sign there I'll explain what you'll learn in this class and your first assignment" he said.

he waited for each of the students to sign the form. Honestly, Raeliana felt she had nothing to lose and quickly read through all the pages, being a bookworm was coming in handy. She sighed and signed at the bottom before handing it to the silver-haired lady. After each form was handed back The teacher nodded before saying "alright...with that Ill introduce myself...I am Mr. Parks...these are my colleagues and your other teachers...Mrs. Ancrum...and Mr. Thurnin..." he said gesturing to each teacher. Then he nodded to Mrs. Ancrum who smiled and stepped forward.

"it is lovely to meet you all...I have high hopes...Now...let us get to your first assignment...think of it as us...gageing your current skills...as most students know the F building hasn't been used in a rather long time...so the paths are a bit overgrown. Of course, With the building being in a forest..and on top of a hill it is a rather long walk to the building from this gate. So your first task will be to get to the building in these woods..." she said "You have one hour to find your way through the forest and up the hill...you may use any means necessary...use everything at your disposal...the only rule....is if you don't reach the top in an hour....you'll be expelled" she said with a wicked grin.

Raeliana couldn't believe what she was hearing. They had to find their way through a place they had never been...and get to a building they had never seen...in an hour...not to mention its a forest...who knows what animals are in that place. Rae took a slight step back...if she could sneak off like usual that would work but even with her silent half step back Mr. Parks glanced at her sharply causing her to stop in her tracks. Then the female teacher spoke one more time "oh also...while finding your way up...your goal is to not get tagged by our good friend here" she said placing her hand on the shoulder of Mr. Thurnin...If you get tagged it will take points off your final score.....of course, we will give you a ten-minute head start before we let him loose...Now" she said as Mr. Parks opened the gate and looked at the watch on his wrist before giving a nod. Mrs. Ancrum smiled "your time starts now...hope to see you at the top," she said.

Rae was so confused, more than anything she couldn't afford to be expelled. If that happened she knew that she would have h*ll to pay back home. F class was for failures but if she could keep it secret from her father long enough she might be able to find a way out...but expulsion...there would be no way to hide that. More than anything this was a crazy way to decide a student's worth...what did they expect us to become? Rangers or something? She wondered. Most of the students stood still for a while just as she did before they each made their way past the gate. Of course, she knew she should move her feet...but what could she do?

The others were moving full force ahead as if they had a plan but...What could she do? It wasn't like she went into the forests often...no more often then not she was in a dance studio or a library...or hiding in the mansion from her family...Not one of those things including fighting her way through a forest...but she needed to get moving...she needed to hide...or something because there was also the problem of getting tagged.

She had enough of this already it was like they were a game to these teachers...a game of tag? Manhunt? whatever it was it was completely unfair...and completely unnecessary..honestly do these teachers find us that much of a joke? she kept the hood of her jacket over her face because she didn't want anyone to see her panicked face...

She swallowed before taking her first steps passed the gate before looking around there was no point running in a random direction...but she also needed to get away from where the "tagger" would find her. She swallowed before looking up at the trees...most of the branches were bent, or thin...but, as she looked there, was one...just one that she could use...straight...thick...And at generally the right height.

With a deep breath she zipped her jacket up and tightened her backpack strings before digging her food into the grass and dirt below before taking off. She lifted her arms up and grabbed onto the branch and using the momentum of her straight arms to lift herself up and onto the branch...just as a gymnast would when mounting the uneven bars. She hadn't exactly thought it through completely...Rae had never climbed a tree before. Not once. She was off the ground so most likely out of sight but....then she realized....height...a view from above.

She slowly climbed testing the strength of each branch before continuing till she made it close to the top as she looked over the forest...it didn't help much...she couldn't see the building but she could see the hill...the one it should be on. She looked down seeing a couple of the students running...some walking....some looking panicked and running in random directions. She needed to calm down...being panicked wouldn't help.

Rae took deep breaths closing her eyes to concentrate before opening them and looking around again...she knew the general direction she needed to go...she racked her brain for anything she could use...and remembered a fantasy book she read once about pirates...without a compass use the...SUN! that was it...She looked up at the sky and regarded its general position in the sky compared to the direction she needed to move....Right...I can do this...I can...I hope.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7