Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Half Life (OOC, CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
click for IC

This world is full of people, bustling around and doing what humans do every day. Talking, laughing, fighting, working, playing, and determinedly ignoring everything that disagrees with their way of life. This happens to include the Therianthropes, or just Therians, which is a very inaccurate term but it's what they are called. No one knows why they became human, but everyone does their best to pretend they don't exist. Therians were born as animals, and at some point in their lives, without any warning, they were transformed and thrown into a human society with no knowledge of how to live as one. They keep their animal instincts and some traits and behaviors, but with none of the heightened senses or language they know. A popular term among those who hate the Therians (aka basically everyone) is Chirombo (meaning beast, creature, monster, or demon). The Therians have to learn fast how to act like humans or they will be hunted and killed or used as attractions in the technically illegal "Beastfolk Displays." A Display is pretty much just a bunch of Therians in cages or small artificial habitats tailored to the animal they used to be, for the entertainment of full humans. It's sick, twisted, but there you go.

This is the story of several Therians just trying to get by in a small town surrounded by woods, living day to day alongside a species that wants them out.

Name:
Time as a human:
Original Species:
Personality traits:
Appearance:
Free/Captive (captive usually means they're in a Beastfolk Display but can be other things. Like I said it's a dark RP.):

You can have up to three characters.

I know this is weird but I thought it could be fun idk. This plot will likely get pretty dark and there may be one or more deaths along the way so be aware of that before you join mk?

Current player-controlled Therianthropes in this RP;
Aonair, male, 17, wolf, free (sense of smell)
Jasper, male, 19, cat, captive (cat 'landing gear')
Harmony, female, 12, deer, free (leg strength)
Bay, female, 15, sea turtle, free (swimming speed)
Arla, female, 17, fairy tern, free
Spring, female, 15, rabbit, captive
Thistle, female, 19, fox, free
Driftwood, female, 17, ball python, free
Eddie, female, 16, coyote, free (hearing)
Jet, male, 37, bird of paradise, free (vocal)
Flame, female, 13, eastern screech owl, free (night vision/sight)
Vermillion, male, 16, lynx, captive
Hunter, male, 19, jaguar, captive (stamina)
Lily, female, 20, horse, free (stealth)
click for IC

This world is full of people, bustling around and doing what humans do every day. Talking, laughing, fighting, working, playing, and determinedly ignoring everything that disagrees with their way of life. This happens to include the Therianthropes, or just Therians, which is a very inaccurate term but it's what they are called. No one knows why they became human, but everyone does their best to pretend they don't exist. Therians were born as animals, and at some point in their lives, without any warning, they were transformed and thrown into a human society with no knowledge of how to live as one. They keep their animal instincts and some traits and behaviors, but with none of the heightened senses or language they know. A popular term among those who hate the Therians (aka basically everyone) is Chirombo (meaning beast, creature, monster, or demon). The Therians have to learn fast how to act like humans or they will be hunted and killed or used as attractions in the technically illegal "Beastfolk Displays." A Display is pretty much just a bunch of Therians in cages or small artificial habitats tailored to the animal they used to be, for the entertainment of full humans. It's sick, twisted, but there you go.

This is the story of several Therians just trying to get by in a small town surrounded by woods, living day to day alongside a species that wants them out.

Name:
Time as a human:
Original Species:
Personality traits:
Appearance:
Free/Captive (captive usually means they're in a Beastfolk Display but can be other things. Like I said it's a dark RP.):

You can have up to three characters.

I know this is weird but I thought it could be fun idk. This plot will likely get pretty dark and there may be one or more deaths along the way so be aware of that before you join mk?

Current player-controlled Therianthropes in this RP;
Aonair, male, 17, wolf, free (sense of smell)
Jasper, male, 19, cat, captive (cat 'landing gear')
Harmony, female, 12, deer, free (leg strength)
Bay, female, 15, sea turtle, free (swimming speed)
Arla, female, 17, fairy tern, free
Spring, female, 15, rabbit, captive
Thistle, female, 19, fox, free
Driftwood, female, 17, ball python, free
Eddie, female, 16, coyote, free (hearing)
Jet, male, 37, bird of paradise, free (vocal)
Flame, female, 13, eastern screech owl, free (night vision/sight)
Vermillion, male, 16, lynx, captive
Hunter, male, 19, jaguar, captive (stamina)
Lily, female, 20, horse, free (stealth)
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
Name: Aonair Ochoa
Time as a human: Six years
Original Species: Wolf
Personality traits: Protective, happy, trusting, eager to please, energetic, social. His wolf instincts make him a pack animal and he doesn't do well on his own. He has a decent life and is able to blend in fairly well. Very few people know what he is, and those who do know are either like him or sympathetic to him.
Appearance: Cream colored (white-blonde) hair and amber eyes that he passes off as light brown. He's pretty small for his age at only 5' 3" but isn't self conscious about it, mostly unbothered by teasing on that particular subject. He wears a lot of clothing vaguely similar to his hair color, as that's what he is used to seeing on himself (it was his pelt color before).
Trait 1: Sense of smell

Name: Jasper
Time as a human: Two months
Original Species: House cat
Personality traits: He's not used to any of this. At all. He lives with Aonair and gets into/onto/under EVERYTHING, constantly forgetting that he's human and therefore much bigger and heavier and cannot, in fact, climb that bookshelf without it tipping over onto him. He's also very social, having been raised among humans and is used to a lot of attention on him at all times. He loves soft things (blankets, grass, pillows, people, etc) and will lay on whatever nearby soft things he can find, especially if they happen to be in a sunny spot.
Appearance: Black hair and yellow eyes (he can't go outside much, as he is allergic to the contacts and they hurt him). He is 5' 10" and tends to wear blue and dark grey.
Trait 1: Soft landing
Name: Aonair Ochoa
Time as a human: Six years
Original Species: Wolf
Personality traits: Protective, happy, trusting, eager to please, energetic, social. His wolf instincts make him a pack animal and he doesn't do well on his own. He has a decent life and is able to blend in fairly well. Very few people know what he is, and those who do know are either like him or sympathetic to him.
Appearance: Cream colored (white-blonde) hair and amber eyes that he passes off as light brown. He's pretty small for his age at only 5' 3" but isn't self conscious about it, mostly unbothered by teasing on that particular subject. He wears a lot of clothing vaguely similar to his hair color, as that's what he is used to seeing on himself (it was his pelt color before).
Trait 1: Sense of smell

Name: Jasper
Time as a human: Two months
Original Species: House cat
Personality traits: He's not used to any of this. At all. He lives with Aonair and gets into/onto/under EVERYTHING, constantly forgetting that he's human and therefore much bigger and heavier and cannot, in fact, climb that bookshelf without it tipping over onto him. He's also very social, having been raised among humans and is used to a lot of attention on him at all times. He loves soft things (blankets, grass, pillows, people, etc) and will lay on whatever nearby soft things he can find, especially if they happen to be in a sunny spot.
Appearance: Black hair and yellow eyes (he can't go outside much, as he is allergic to the contacts and they hurt him). He is 5' 10" and tends to wear blue and dark grey.
Trait 1: Soft landing
Name: Harmony

Time as a Human: Couple Days, or so, she really can't remember. She just passed out from the shock for a couple days straight.

Age (human age): 12 years

Original Species: Albino Deer

Personality traits: Scared of everything, really shy. Really sweet once you get to know her. Sometimes will eat grass, and can trust to a fault. Really gentle, and transformed really, really recently. Loves the woods, and disappears in there a ton. Um.. stutters a bit, and can fight, just not good at it. Better with healing.

Appearance: Has white hair, and large, dark brown eyes. Normally dresses in soft clothes, and white shirts. She also wears green and dark brown. She is 5'0 and skinny and lean. Her hair is often filled with flowers, and is braided elegantly, but when she was first transformed it was a mess.

Trait One: Fast Running/High Jumping

--

Name: Bay

Age (human age): 15 years

Time as Human: A year

Original Species: Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle

Personality traits: Looks really sweet, and can be, but has a wicked temper. Could destroy you if she wanted to. Keeps thinking she can still swim well, and has almost drowned at least 15 times. Can be protective and brave, and sweet at the same time.

Appearance: Has blond hair with dark green tips, that pass off as dyed. She has sea green eyes, and tanish skin. She is curvy, and is 5'4. Her hair is long and wavy.

Trait One: Swims hecking fast
Name: Harmony

Time as a Human: Couple Days, or so, she really can't remember. She just passed out from the shock for a couple days straight.

Age (human age): 12 years

Original Species: Albino Deer

Personality traits: Scared of everything, really shy. Really sweet once you get to know her. Sometimes will eat grass, and can trust to a fault. Really gentle, and transformed really, really recently. Loves the woods, and disappears in there a ton. Um.. stutters a bit, and can fight, just not good at it. Better with healing.

Appearance: Has white hair, and large, dark brown eyes. Normally dresses in soft clothes, and white shirts. She also wears green and dark brown. She is 5'0 and skinny and lean. Her hair is often filled with flowers, and is braided elegantly, but when she was first transformed it was a mess.

Trait One: Fast Running/High Jumping

--

Name: Bay

Age (human age): 15 years

Time as Human: A year

Original Species: Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle

Personality traits: Looks really sweet, and can be, but has a wicked temper. Could destroy you if she wanted to. Keeps thinking she can still swim well, and has almost drowned at least 15 times. Can be protective and brave, and sweet at the same time.

Appearance: Has blond hair with dark green tips, that pass off as dyed. She has sea green eyes, and tanish skin. She is curvy, and is 5'4. Her hair is long and wavy.

Trait One: Swims hecking fast

~ call me minty, ean, or sunny

~ she/they! biromantic!!

~ I have a lore shop, if you wanted to check it out
Awesome! A new person already~ I'll start the actual RP once we have one more.

Thanks Kitsune!
Awesome! A new person already~ I'll start the actual RP once we have one more.

Thanks Kitsune!
@MintyKitsune How long have your Therians been human? Also do they live in the main town or... yk (are they free or captive)
@MintyKitsune How long have your Therians been human? Also do they live in the main town or... yk (are they free or captive)
Harmony has been human for only a couple of weeks

Bay has been human for a year.
Harmony has been human for only a couple of weeks

Bay has been human for a year.

~ she/they! biromantic!!

I'm in like 8 rps but pffft who cares about ping death.

Name: Arla
Age (human age): 17
Time as a human: two weeks
Original Species: Fairy tern (it's a little white bird)
Personality traits: Kind but fearful and secretive. Keeps trying and failing to fly.
Appearance: She has long white hair, pale skin and blue eyes. Very elegant

Maybe she could be captured when we start?
I'm in like 8 rps but pffft who cares about ping death.

Name: Arla
Age (human age): 17
Time as a human: two weeks
Original Species: Fairy tern (it's a little white bird)
Personality traits: Kind but fearful and secretive. Keeps trying and failing to fly.
Appearance: She has long white hair, pale skin and blue eyes. Very elegant

Maybe she could be captured when we start?
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
yes but are they captive or free @MintyKitsune

Also @BreezeFeather accepted lets start
yes but are they captive or free @MintyKitsune

Also @BreezeFeather accepted lets start
Ahhh okay
I have to go in like less than 20 minutes oop
subbed now,, BtW
Ahhh okay
I have to go in like less than 20 minutes oop
subbed now,, BtW
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
Both of them are free, sorry ^^"
Both of them are free, sorry ^^"

~ she/they! biromantic!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7