Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Good Things Come to Those Who Wait (OOC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[center][size=7][size=5][font=century][color=570101]Good Things Come to Those Who Wait[/color][/font][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/kpEytKd.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2875321#post_2875321]IC Link[/url][/center] [font=century][size=5][color=transparent]indent1[/color]Ten thousand years ago, there existed six terrible beings. Demons from another plane, whose only goal was to bring destruction upon the world. They split the people into sides, causing numerous wars all over the planet, and with every death they grew stronger. Soon it seemed there was no hope left; the monsters who had ravaged the world were too powerful, and nothing could stop them now. [color=transparent]indent1[/color]But in a last ditch effort, the most powerful mage in the world gathered the most skilled craftsmen from around the globe, and together they crafted six magical objects that could trap the demons and contain their power. The demons got word of this attempt, but by the time they had reached the site, it was too late. The mage used the last of his power to trap them in these objects forever. [color=transparent]indent1[/color]Or so they thought. One of the demons had seen that their defeat was inevitable, and so had sought out one of the craftsmen who were to make the objects and corrupted them. The sixth demon was never locked away, but was still drained to almost nothing. So they bided their time until they had regained enough power to return to the world. [color=transparent]indent1[/color]The corrupted craftsmen also built a weapon with the power to shatter the binding on those objects, and passed it on to their descendants. The family line was eventually lost to time, but rumor has it that the weapon is still in their possession. The objects were also given to the respective families, but those are known to have left the possession of those families. [color=transparent]indent1[/color]Meanwhile, the world moved on. The demons faded to legend, and the legend was eventually lost to time. A few old tomes still spoke of the destruction they had caused, but not in any language still known to man. [/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Xd9NVEn.png[/img][/center] [font=century][size=5][color=transparent]indent1[/color]That's where you come in. You and five others have been called to this place, a strange mansion a few miles from the city of Calontus, by a powerful individual who asked for you specifically. You are unsure as to the motives of this individual, and as to the job they wish for you to complete, but the promise of generous compensation has convinced you maybe it isn't such a bad idea to check it out.[/size][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/kpEytKd.png[/img][/center] [center]Hi! I'm SaarKazul. This is my first RP, but I've been thinking about it a while, so I hope it seems interesting! Detail 1) - I have an ending in mind, and it's gonna be a bit of a cliffhanger. Okay, more like a gaping chasm. This RP is going to be set in a world that I've been thinking about for a while, and I'm even thinking of writing a story in it. This RP would be inspiration for that story, so I want to make sure that everyone is on board with this. Detail 2) - there's going to be a posting order, because I want to make sure that no one gets left behind in the plot. Everyone will post once, then I'll post a reaction to what has happened. It'll be a small group, 5 people, and I want everyone to be active. I'd also like everyone to be at least moderately good at writing, And for everyone to write as much as possible. No two sentence answers please! Finally, I'd like people to notify me if they are going to be inactive for a while, and if too much time passes I'll temporarily take control of the character. Oh! This roleplay is going to be a heist rp. The five main characters (along with my character) will be tasked with stealing/bargaining for a longsword and a ruby pendant. The characters know nothing of the legend written above, or of the meaning of those objects. Please remember that. So! Is anyone interested? [img]https://i.imgur.com/kpEytKd.png[/img] [center]MAGIC RULES Ok! There’s four types of magic. Soul Magic -harvested from souls, primarily used by demons Elemental Magic -springs of power spawning in naturally powerful areas, one can gain power by meditating and requesting a gift from the deity of the spring, usually at a cost. Pertains to an element of the following: -Light -Shadow -Nature -Water -fire -Air -Earth -lightning Raw Magic -found on the sites of horrible magical accidents, raw magic is extremely volatile, but if harvested it can do pretty much anything. Innate Magic -A very small amount of people are born with innate power, that can either be of the elemental or raw sort, but it is generated by them. NOTE: Not that many people have magic. Some may live in small cloisters around a spring of elemental magic, and there magic will be much more common, but cities built around those springs never last. Soul magic is only used by non-human beings, as humans can’t handle the power. Raw magic is extremely dangerous and rare, so it isn’t common, and innate magic can be devastating to the health of the user.
Good Things Come to Those Who Wait
kpEytKd.png
indent1Ten thousand years ago, there existed six terrible beings. Demons from another plane, whose only goal was to bring destruction upon the world. They split the people into sides, causing numerous wars all over the planet, and with every death they grew stronger. Soon it seemed there was no hope left; the monsters who had ravaged the world were too powerful, and nothing could stop them now.
indent1But in a last ditch effort, the most powerful mage in the world gathered the most skilled craftsmen from around the globe, and together they crafted six magical objects that could trap the demons and contain their power. The demons got word of this attempt, but by the time they had reached the site, it was too late. The mage used the last of his power to trap them in these objects forever.
indent1Or so they thought. One of the demons had seen that their defeat was inevitable, and so had sought out one of the craftsmen who were to make the objects and corrupted them. The sixth demon was never locked away, but was still drained to almost nothing. So they bided their time until they had regained enough power to return to the world.
indent1The corrupted craftsmen also built a weapon with the power to shatter the binding on those objects, and passed it on to their descendants. The family line was eventually lost to time, but rumor has it that the weapon is still in their possession. The objects were also given to the respective families, but those are known to have left the possession of those families.
indent1Meanwhile, the world moved on. The demons faded to legend, and the legend was eventually lost to time. A few old tomes still spoke of the destruction they had caused, but not in any language still known to man.
Xd9NVEn.png
indent1That's where you come in. You and five others have been called to this place, a strange mansion a few miles from the city of Calontus, by a powerful individual who asked for you specifically. You are unsure as to the motives of this individual, and as to the job they wish for you to complete, but the promise of generous compensation has convinced you maybe it isn't such a bad idea to check it out.
kpEytKd.png
Hi! I'm SaarKazul. This is my first RP, but I've been thinking about it a while, so I hope it seems interesting!

Detail 1)
- I have an ending in mind, and it's gonna be a bit of a cliffhanger. Okay, more like a gaping chasm. This RP is going to be set in a world that I've been thinking about for a while, and I'm even thinking of writing a story in it. This RP would be inspiration for that story, so I want to make sure that everyone is on board with this.

Detail 2)
- there's going to be a posting order, because I want to make sure that no one gets left behind in the plot. Everyone will post once, then I'll post a reaction to what has happened. It'll be a small group, 5 people, and I want everyone to be active. I'd also like everyone to be at least moderately good at writing, And for everyone to write as much as possible. No two sentence answers please!

Finally, I'd like people to notify me if they are going to be inactive for a while, and if too much time passes I'll temporarily take control of the character.

Oh! This roleplay is going to be a heist rp. The five main characters (along with my character) will be tasked with stealing/bargaining for a longsword and a ruby pendant.

The characters know nothing of the legend written above, or of the meaning of those objects. Please remember that.

So! Is anyone interested?
kpEytKd.png
MAGIC RULES

Ok! There’s four types of magic.

Soul Magic
-harvested from souls, primarily used by demons

Elemental Magic
-springs of power spawning in naturally powerful areas, one can gain power by meditating and requesting a gift from the deity of the spring, usually at a cost. Pertains to an element of the following:
-Light
-Shadow
-Nature
-Water
-fire
-Air
-Earth
-lightning

Raw Magic
-found on the sites of horrible magical accidents, raw magic is extremely volatile, but if harvested it can do pretty much anything.

Innate Magic
-A very small amount of people are born with innate power, that can either be of the elemental or raw sort, but it is generated by them.

NOTE: Not that many people have magic. Some may live in small cloisters around a spring of elemental magic, and there magic will be much more common, but cities built around those springs never last. Soul magic is only used by non-human beings, as humans can’t handle the power. Raw magic is extremely dangerous and rare, so it isn’t common, and innate magic can be devastating to the health of the user.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
Calontus! [img]https://i.ibb.co/BwmFWmy/calontus.png[/img] 1. Market Square Includes the town plaza, home to many market stalls, as well as most shops and shopkeeper's homes in the surrounding blocks 2. Dockside The docks and the houses near them. Always smells like fish. 3. Minor District A small district of mostly housing, as well as a few inns. Generally posher than the major district. 4. Temple District Where people build temples to their dieties! there are soooo many. 5. Major District like the minor district but bigger and less nice 6. Wallside it's small and by the wall. 7. Velna Manor Where the RP Starts! The name is very literal, if you know how to read it. 8. Warehouse District exactly what it sounds like. 9. East Gate the area near the East Gate! nicer than the Major district but not as nice as Minor.
Calontus!
calontus.png

1. Market Square
Includes the town plaza, home to many market stalls, as well as most shops and shopkeeper's homes in the surrounding blocks

2. Dockside
The docks and the houses near them. Always smells like fish.

3. Minor District
A small district of mostly housing, as well as a few inns. Generally posher than the major district.

4. Temple District
Where people build temples to their dieties! there are soooo many.

5. Major District
like the minor district but bigger and less nice

6. Wallside
it's small and by the wall.

7. Velna Manor
Where the RP Starts! The name is very literal, if you know how to read it.

8. Warehouse District
exactly what it sounds like.

9. East Gate
the area near the East Gate! nicer than the Major district but not as nice as Minor.
—Edgar Allen Poe
Stance on non-humans:

the people of Calontus and the surrounding lands aren't very nice to strangers, so they would have to be from far away and really good at hiding the fact they aren't human. The do have to be humanoid though, and no werewolves or other time-related shifters. You can't be a shifter and have other magic as well.
Stance on non-humans:

the people of Calontus and the surrounding lands aren't very nice to strangers, so they would have to be from far away and really good at hiding the fact they aren't human. The do have to be humanoid though, and no werewolves or other time-related shifters. You can't be a shifter and have other magic as well.
—Edgar Allen Poe
Pinglist!
-@exmarten
-@Enmity
-@Scales25
-@LuckOfTheClaws

Pls sub, and no pinging unless someone hasn't been on for a while.

character sheet:

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Background:
Magic/skills(Magic is optional):
Other(anything I forgot):

Link to character links: XD
Pinglist!
-@exmarten
-@Enmity
-@Scales25
-@LuckOfTheClaws

Pls sub, and no pinging unless someone hasn't been on for a while.

character sheet:

Name:
Description:
Personality:
Background:
Magic/skills(Magic is optional):
Other(anything I forgot):

Link to character links: XD
—Edgar Allen Poe
I'm subbed :D

Will fill out sheet in a bit
I'm subbed :D

Will fill out sheet in a bit
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Ok :)
Ok :)
—Edgar Allen Poe
Name: Wolfgang

Race: Hellhound

Description: In her true form, Wolfgang is a white canine the size of a pony with floppy ears, dark-sclera red eyes, and a light gray mane down her back that shimmers blue when she's angry. In her humanoid form, she has pale skin, wild white hair (that does the same shimmer effect), and slightly pointed teeth. Her humanoid form also keeps her floppy canine ears and tail, both of which she hides. She wears a spiked collar in both forms, in her human form wears leather armor with a fur ruff around the neck, and wears a large cap to cover her ears.

Personality: Wolfgang is very abrasive and irritable, especially to strangers. She doesn't like being touched and has the tendency to bite first and ask questions later. She doesn't care about either side of a conflict, keeping herself distant from her work, she only cares about getting paid. Stiff her, and she will hunt you down.

Background: Wolfgang was outcast from her home due to superstition about white-furred hellhounds being unlucky and at a disadvantage when hunting. She is a freelance mercenary wandering around the world.

Magic/skills: Can switch between true and humanoid form at will, but reverts to true form when under stress or if knocked unconscious. She can still speak english in both forms.

Other: Hellhounds do not actually control fire, but the way their manes shimmer when they are angry resembles fire, so they used to be believed to have power over fire. Wolfgang is albino, and most other hellhounds are black with red shimmers. Hellhounds were originally from the plane the demons came from, but they escaped alongside the demons and turned against their masters when they were sealed away. They live out in deep volcanic caves or other very warm places.
Name: Wolfgang

Race: Hellhound

Description: In her true form, Wolfgang is a white canine the size of a pony with floppy ears, dark-sclera red eyes, and a light gray mane down her back that shimmers blue when she's angry. In her humanoid form, she has pale skin, wild white hair (that does the same shimmer effect), and slightly pointed teeth. Her humanoid form also keeps her floppy canine ears and tail, both of which she hides. She wears a spiked collar in both forms, in her human form wears leather armor with a fur ruff around the neck, and wears a large cap to cover her ears.

Personality: Wolfgang is very abrasive and irritable, especially to strangers. She doesn't like being touched and has the tendency to bite first and ask questions later. She doesn't care about either side of a conflict, keeping herself distant from her work, she only cares about getting paid. Stiff her, and she will hunt you down.

Background: Wolfgang was outcast from her home due to superstition about white-furred hellhounds being unlucky and at a disadvantage when hunting. She is a freelance mercenary wandering around the world.

Magic/skills: Can switch between true and humanoid form at will, but reverts to true form when under stress or if knocked unconscious. She can still speak english in both forms.

Other: Hellhounds do not actually control fire, but the way their manes shimmer when they are angry resembles fire, so they used to be believed to have power over fire. Wolfgang is albino, and most other hellhounds are black with red shimmers. Hellhounds were originally from the plane the demons came from, but they escaped alongside the demons and turned against their masters when they were sealed away. They live out in deep volcanic caves or other very warm places.
66.png
Subbed and sheet is filled out! super excited!
Subbed and sheet is filled out! super excited!
66.png
I like the hellhound backstory :)
I'll be sure to include that in the final scene.
I like the hellhound backstory :)
I'll be sure to include that in the final scene.
—Edgar Allen Poe
thanks! i also like it. I mean, it makes sense for a hellhound race to have originally been working for the demons! they're good now tho.
thanks! i also like it. I mean, it makes sense for a hellhound race to have originally been working for the demons! they're good now tho.
66.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31