Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 W/ Mokuba
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@Mokuba

Hammerlocke was a far cry from the hustle-and-bustle of Castelia City; There was a dated, historic air to the foreign town due to the surrounding castle walls, and even the more modern structures had a medieval flair to them. It was certainly far quieter at night, too -- barely anyone walked the lamp-lit sidewalks, giving it a still, almost eerie air to the surroundings.

Bonnie huffed gently, her brow furrowed as she let her eyes wander from storefront to storefront; she was heading towards the largest building in the town -- the giant gym stadium smack-down in the middle of the whole place.

At least they didn't make it hard to find.

The fall air was relaxing, and not as chilly as her hometown. She supposed, considering it was the off season, not many tourists were around to keep the place lively, what with the championship tournament having already taken place in the summer.
@Mokuba

Hammerlocke was a far cry from the hustle-and-bustle of Castelia City; There was a dated, historic air to the foreign town due to the surrounding castle walls, and even the more modern structures had a medieval flair to them. It was certainly far quieter at night, too -- barely anyone walked the lamp-lit sidewalks, giving it a still, almost eerie air to the surroundings.

Bonnie huffed gently, her brow furrowed as she let her eyes wander from storefront to storefront; she was heading towards the largest building in the town -- the giant gym stadium smack-down in the middle of the whole place.

At least they didn't make it hard to find.

The fall air was relaxing, and not as chilly as her hometown. She supposed, considering it was the off season, not many tourists were around to keep the place lively, what with the championship tournament having already taken place in the summer.
Two archways welcomed her at the front of the gym, gently lit by firelight from the open corridor inside. The place was huge, and even for the gyms of Galar, it seemed a little extra. The doors at the end of the corridor were propped open ever so slightly, and a harsh artificial white light was peering through the crack. Someone was definitely still there.

Inside, Raihan kneeled down to rummage through one of several bags left laying on the outskirts of the field. All the others seemed to have been looked through as told by the miscellaneous items laying around them.
“C’monnn...” He mumbled, throwing something behind his head and onto the field. It hit the turf with a soft thud. “It has to be here somewhere.”
A Sliggoo sat beside him quietly, watching him shuffle through the bag. It seemed bored and instead opted to inspect the item Raihan had thrown behind himself. It was a burn heal, and the Sliggoo inspected it by gently turning it over with its tail.

“AHA!” Raihan yelled, lifting a pokeball out of the bag. Sliggoo jumped at the noise and turned around in surprise, it’s antennae lowering behind its head.
“This one has to be the one. C’mere, sliggoo.” He mumbled, stretching his legs for a moment and walking over to the Pokémon.
Two archways welcomed her at the front of the gym, gently lit by firelight from the open corridor inside. The place was huge, and even for the gyms of Galar, it seemed a little extra. The doors at the end of the corridor were propped open ever so slightly, and a harsh artificial white light was peering through the crack. Someone was definitely still there.

Inside, Raihan kneeled down to rummage through one of several bags left laying on the outskirts of the field. All the others seemed to have been looked through as told by the miscellaneous items laying around them.
“C’monnn...” He mumbled, throwing something behind his head and onto the field. It hit the turf with a soft thud. “It has to be here somewhere.”
A Sliggoo sat beside him quietly, watching him shuffle through the bag. It seemed bored and instead opted to inspect the item Raihan had thrown behind himself. It was a burn heal, and the Sliggoo inspected it by gently turning it over with its tail.

“AHA!” Raihan yelled, lifting a pokeball out of the bag. Sliggoo jumped at the noise and turned around in surprise, it’s antennae lowering behind its head.
“This one has to be the one. C’mere, sliggoo.” He mumbled, stretching his legs for a moment and walking over to the Pokémon.
Her eyebrows lifted at the ostentatious appearance of the gym; why was everything so flashy in Galar? Maybe she was just too used to the simple presentations of her Gyms back home, in Hoenn -- and even Unova, though it, too, seemed to suffer from the glamour of commercialized gym battles.

She felt one of the pokeballs on her hip joustle, and she patted it affectionately. "Gonna get ya some help, bud. Don't worry fo' nothin'."

Her eyes flicked to the secondary set of doors further down the hallway, the sound of someone's voice easily catching her attention in her otherwise quiet surroundings. Taking a deep breath, she continued forward; she didn't do this kind of thing very often. Barging into a gym leaders gym -- let alone one with such a celebrity status. Nonetheless, she gently pushed open one of the doors that led into the entrance tunnel.
Her eyebrows lifted at the ostentatious appearance of the gym; why was everything so flashy in Galar? Maybe she was just too used to the simple presentations of her Gyms back home, in Hoenn -- and even Unova, though it, too, seemed to suffer from the glamour of commercialized gym battles.

She felt one of the pokeballs on her hip joustle, and she patted it affectionately. "Gonna get ya some help, bud. Don't worry fo' nothin'."

Her eyes flicked to the secondary set of doors further down the hallway, the sound of someone's voice easily catching her attention in her otherwise quiet surroundings. Taking a deep breath, she continued forward; she didn't do this kind of thing very often. Barging into a gym leaders gym -- let alone one with such a celebrity status. Nonetheless, she gently pushed open one of the doors that led into the entrance tunnel.
He crouched down in front of the Sliggoo, letting it sniff the pokeball for a moment. Afterwards, he gently pushed the button of it to the Sliggoo’s nose, waiting for a reaction.
Nothing happened.

Raihan groaned loudly and fell back, letting himself go spread eagle on the floor. He was tired. He’d been looking for the Sliggoo’s pokeball for hours, and he’d checked every single bag he could find. There was nothing else here, was there?
He gently closed his eyes, though that didn’t do much help under the lights of the stadium dome.
When the doors opened with a quiet *click*, he didn’t even notice it, though the Sliggoo did, looking at them with interest.

There was another hallway, though this wasn’t blocked off by doors. It was wide open to the stadium and just seemed to be something so the competitor could make a flashy entrance if they wanted to.
He crouched down in front of the Sliggoo, letting it sniff the pokeball for a moment. Afterwards, he gently pushed the button of it to the Sliggoo’s nose, waiting for a reaction.
Nothing happened.

Raihan groaned loudly and fell back, letting himself go spread eagle on the floor. He was tired. He’d been looking for the Sliggoo’s pokeball for hours, and he’d checked every single bag he could find. There was nothing else here, was there?
He gently closed his eyes, though that didn’t do much help under the lights of the stadium dome.
When the doors opened with a quiet *click*, he didn’t even notice it, though the Sliggoo did, looking at them with interest.

There was another hallway, though this wasn’t blocked off by doors. It was wide open to the stadium and just seemed to be something so the competitor could make a flashy entrance if they wanted to.
Jesus, they didn't spare any expenses when it came to presentation, huh? The young woman quietly walked down the tunnel, her eyes landing on a figure when she reached the mouth of it. She arched an eyebrow, and cautiously approached. "Hey -- you, uh, Raihan?"
Jesus, they didn't spare any expenses when it came to presentation, huh? The young woman quietly walked down the tunnel, her eyes landing on a figure when she reached the mouth of it. She arched an eyebrow, and cautiously approached. "Hey -- you, uh, Raihan?"
Raihan opened his eyes and immediately scrambled to stand up. He was huge, nearly 7ft tall it seemed like it.
He put his hand in his hoodie pocket and gripped something tightly.
“Who’re you?” He asked cautiously, putting one of his feet back behind him as if he were going to run. “What’re you doing here? You’re not an employee.”

The sliggoo eyed him and then the lady a ways away. It slithered forward a bit and then stopped, as if wondering what the lady was going to do.
Raihan opened his eyes and immediately scrambled to stand up. He was huge, nearly 7ft tall it seemed like it.
He put his hand in his hoodie pocket and gripped something tightly.
“Who’re you?” He asked cautiously, putting one of his feet back behind him as if he were going to run. “What’re you doing here? You’re not an employee.”

The sliggoo eyed him and then the lady a ways away. It slithered forward a bit and then stopped, as if wondering what the lady was going to do.
"Oh, wow okay, you're, uh, tall," Bonnie murmured to herself, her gaze flicking to the side, then back over the the stranger. Her eyebrows pinched together slightly when she noticed a hand was stuffed into his hoodie pocket, and she laughed nervously. "Uh, nah, nah, not an employee. Got me there--" She snapped her finger, before pointing a finger gun at him. "I, uh -- word on the street is you're pretty good with dragon-types, yeah? Fair to say?" Her eyebrows lifted as she eyed him expectantly.

When the Sliggoo inched forward, she flashed a charming smile. "What's good, lil' dude," She offered cautiously, before returning her attention back to the imposing gym-leader. "Look, I uh -- I got a bit of an issue on my hand, and I don't think a Pokecenter would be much help. Figured who betta' to ask than someone like you, y'know?"
"Oh, wow okay, you're, uh, tall," Bonnie murmured to herself, her gaze flicking to the side, then back over the the stranger. Her eyebrows pinched together slightly when she noticed a hand was stuffed into his hoodie pocket, and she laughed nervously. "Uh, nah, nah, not an employee. Got me there--" She snapped her finger, before pointing a finger gun at him. "I, uh -- word on the street is you're pretty good with dragon-types, yeah? Fair to say?" Her eyebrows lifted as she eyed him expectantly.

When the Sliggoo inched forward, she flashed a charming smile. "What's good, lil' dude," She offered cautiously, before returning her attention back to the imposing gym-leader. "Look, I uh -- I got a bit of an issue on my hand, and I don't think a Pokecenter would be much help. Figured who betta' to ask than someone like you, y'know?"
“You came to me...in a private gym...at 2 in the morning...to ask for help?” Raihan asked, squinting his eyes.
He took his hand out of his pocket and dragged it down his face as if he were sick of the lady.
“Y’know what, okay!” He gestured frantically with his hands, “Okay, I can deal with this. What do you need help with?” He asked, though it seemed like more a statement than a question.

All the while he did this, the Sliggoo began moving forward to inspect her better. Once it got to her feet, it sniffed her wearily and looked up at the straps on her hips where one of her Pokeball’s was shaking.
“You came to me...in a private gym...at 2 in the morning...to ask for help?” Raihan asked, squinting his eyes.
He took his hand out of his pocket and dragged it down his face as if he were sick of the lady.
“Y’know what, okay!” He gestured frantically with his hands, “Okay, I can deal with this. What do you need help with?” He asked, though it seemed like more a statement than a question.

All the while he did this, the Sliggoo began moving forward to inspect her better. Once it got to her feet, it sniffed her wearily and looked up at the straps on her hips where one of her Pokeball’s was shaking.
Her eyes squinted as well at his questioning, but she seemed to light up when he didn't outright throw her out, or threaten to call the police. "Well, I figure ya ain't got any medical trainin', but uh, 'm still hopin' ya might got a clue as to what my buddy here is sufferin' from," She replied, unlatching the shaking Pokeball from her hip. She suddenly paused, and looked at him seriously. "Don't go speakin' a word of this to nobody, neitha', a'ight?"

With that, she pressed the button on the front, and out shot a beam of light. It stretched out, and out, and out, forming a long serpentine silhouette that coiled both around them and above them. The white light gave way to green scales, and dark eyes that stared down at Raihan sternly. The creature snorted, as if unimpressed with what they saw.

"So, this is, uh, Rayquaza."
Her eyes squinted as well at his questioning, but she seemed to light up when he didn't outright throw her out, or threaten to call the police. "Well, I figure ya ain't got any medical trainin', but uh, 'm still hopin' ya might got a clue as to what my buddy here is sufferin' from," She replied, unlatching the shaking Pokeball from her hip. She suddenly paused, and looked at him seriously. "Don't go speakin' a word of this to nobody, neitha', a'ight?"

With that, she pressed the button on the front, and out shot a beam of light. It stretched out, and out, and out, forming a long serpentine silhouette that coiled both around them and above them. The white light gave way to green scales, and dark eyes that stared down at Raihan sternly. The creature snorted, as if unimpressed with what they saw.

"So, this is, uh, Rayquaza."
Raihan took a deep breath and held it for a moment, biting his lip in order to keep it in. Of course she had a ******* legendary. And now that legendary was going to be his problem, too.
Was his heartbeat always this loud?
He let go of the breath he was holding and put his hands over his eyes, muttering something inaudible to himself.
Of course it was a legendary. That’s fine! Okay. That’s fine.
He eventually moved his hand away from his face and instead pinched the bridge of his nose with closed eyes.
“Okay. This is fine.” He said with another deep breath before moving his other hand back down to his side and opening his eyes to look at the serpentine Pokémon.
Raihan took a deep breath and held it for a moment, biting his lip in order to keep it in. Of course she had a ******* legendary. And now that legendary was going to be his problem, too.
Was his heartbeat always this loud?
He let go of the breath he was holding and put his hands over his eyes, muttering something inaudible to himself.
Of course it was a legendary. That’s fine! Okay. That’s fine.
He eventually moved his hand away from his face and instead pinched the bridge of his nose with closed eyes.
“Okay. This is fine.” He said with another deep breath before moving his other hand back down to his side and opening his eyes to look at the serpentine Pokémon.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18