Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Latte's Brew (Coffee Bar) {OPEN}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The desolate lands of plague are probably the last place you'd expect to see a cafe advertisement. The signs are by all means not plain, but somewhat obnoxious, scattered around every which way, all leading to the same outcropping, surrounded by curved rib bones decorated with beautiful string lights. It seemed as though there was plenty of outdoor seating, a few dragons chatting among themselves while sitting on the stone benches. At the center of the circle was a small stand woven out of various dry grasses with a shady awning, protecting it from the hot sun. A friendly brown and creme swirled face pops out from behind the counter, adjusting his glasses and greeting you with a warm smile. A small brown bat sits perched on his back, eyeing you curiously. [i]"Ah yes, a new customer! Come weary traveler, have a look at our menu! Don't be shy. We serve special warm and hot teas and coffees made from the finest ingredients imported from all over Plague and beyond. We are rather proud of our coffee beans you see, as we don't have many trees here. I'm not sure where they come from honestly, but they do brew a strong cup! What can I get for you today?"[/i] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37975790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/379758/37975790_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][size=7][color=brown][font=candara][b] Menu[/b][/font][/color][/size] [i]Business hours: 9am - 5pm est[/i][/center] ------ [color=brown][font=candara][b][size=6]Sometimes Specials[/size][/b][/font][/color] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Bald's Brew - 6t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]A delectable combination of floral and herbal teas that leaves a strange taste in ones mouth and leaves a colorful surprise on their tongue.[/i][/indent] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Latte's Signature Roast - 6t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]A combination of various blends originating from the Rainsong Jungle. Served black with creme and sugar on the side.[/i][/indent] ------ [color=brown][font=candara][b][size=6] From the Wyrmwound [/size][/b][/font][/color] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Plaguebringer Special - 5t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]A bitter and spicy tea made from Bonebark mold. Served with creme and sugar either hot or magically cooled. [/i][/indent] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Wyrmicano - 5t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]Our classic epresto combined with hot water.[/i][/indent] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Flappichino - 5t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]A delectable blend of ice, coffee, and sugar that comes in several exotic flavors, including: Fish, Canary, Grasshopper, Rootvine, and Blackberry. Served magically cooled over ice.[/i][/indent] [color=brown][font=candara][size=5]Potion Pick-Me-Up - 5t [/size][/font][/color] [indent][i]It can't heal your wounds, but it can lift your spirits! A perfect shot of our homemade espresto to get you moving.[/i][/indent]
The desolate lands of plague are probably the last place you'd expect to see a cafe advertisement. The signs are by all means not plain, but somewhat obnoxious, scattered around every which way, all leading to the same outcropping, surrounded by curved rib bones decorated with beautiful string lights. It seemed as though there was plenty of outdoor seating, a few dragons chatting among themselves while sitting on the stone benches.

At the center of the circle was a small stand woven out of various dry grasses with a shady awning, protecting it from the hot sun. A friendly brown and creme swirled face pops out from behind the counter, adjusting his glasses and greeting you with a warm smile.
A small brown bat sits perched on his back, eyeing you curiously.

"Ah yes, a new customer! Come weary traveler, have a look at our menu! Don't be shy. We serve special warm and hot teas and coffees made from the finest ingredients imported from all over Plague and beyond. We are rather proud of our coffee beans you see, as we don't have many trees here. I'm not sure where they come from honestly, but they do brew a strong cup! What can I get for you today?"

Menu
Business hours: 9am - 5pm est

Sometimes Specials

Bald's Brew - 6t
A delectable combination of floral and herbal teas that leaves a strange taste in ones mouth and leaves a colorful surprise on their tongue.

Latte's Signature Roast - 6t
A combination of various blends originating from the Rainsong Jungle. Served black with creme and sugar on the side.

From the Wyrmwound

Plaguebringer Special - 5t
A bitter and spicy tea made from Bonebark mold. Served with creme and sugar either hot or magically cooled.

Wyrmicano - 5t
Our classic epresto combined with hot water.

Flappichino - 5t
A delectable blend of ice, coffee, and sugar that comes in several exotic flavors, including: Fish, Canary, Grasshopper, Rootvine, and Blackberry. Served magically cooled over ice.

Potion Pick-Me-Up - 5t
It can't heal your wounds, but it can lift your spirits! A perfect shot of our homemade espresto to get you moving.
Bump!
Bump!
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37794310] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/377944/37794310_350.png[/img] [/url] The Coatl observes the menu silently for a few moments, considering the different types of options. She wasn't particularly picky about what she tried which didn't help her decide. After a few moments, she lifts her head, peering from underneath the wrap around her head to give a proper answer to the pearl catcher sitting down. [i]"These all look wonderful. I think I would like to try a Plaguebringer Special if you wouldn't mind."[/i] As she speaks, she places the correct amount needed to pay for her drink, a gentle smile seeping onto her face. (I hope this is still available for roleplay!) @Sazzorak

37794310_350.png

The Coatl observes the menu silently for a few moments, considering the different types of options. She wasn't particularly picky about what she tried which didn't help her decide. After a few moments, she lifts her head, peering from underneath the wrap around her head to give a proper answer to the pearl catcher sitting down.

"These all look wonderful. I think I would like to try a Plaguebringer Special if you wouldn't mind."

As she speaks, she places the correct amount needed to pay for her drink, a gentle smile seeping onto her face.

(I hope this is still available for roleplay!)

@Sazzorak
StainedGlass2.png
@SnickerSnack
Latte gives the Coatl a cheery grin,
"coming right up!" He says, getting out the necessary materials to prepare the drink. Mold and various spices are added into a tea strainer which is left in a pot of hot water to steep. The bat crawls up his back and perches on his shoulder, looking up at the newcomer with warm brown eyes. As he waits for the tea to brew, Latte turns back around and places his forearms up on the counter casually, his tail tucked around his back legs.

"So, where ya from? I can't say I've seen you around here before. Takin' a wander throgh?"

(Yep! Always open for some rp)
@SnickerSnack
Latte gives the Coatl a cheery grin,
"coming right up!" He says, getting out the necessary materials to prepare the drink. Mold and various spices are added into a tea strainer which is left in a pot of hot water to steep. The bat crawls up his back and perches on his shoulder, looking up at the newcomer with warm brown eyes. As he waits for the tea to brew, Latte turns back around and places his forearms up on the counter casually, his tail tucked around his back legs.

"So, where ya from? I can't say I've seen you around here before. Takin' a wander throgh?"

(Yep! Always open for some rp)
@Sazzorak

The process of making a drink was fascinating to the newcomer and she watched with earnest, her attention only turning away whenever the movement of the bat catches her eyes. It was a curious creature, but very cute which made the Coatl chuckle softly. She moves her attention to the talking Pearlcatcher, listening to his words with interest.

"I'm not from around here, you are correct. I come from the Crystalspine Reaches. Life there had grown a little... boring so I decided that I would travel."

As she speaks, she settles down a little, sitting on her haunches while she waits for her drink.

Since the Scarred Wastelands is right next to my home, I decided I would visit here first. I'm glad I did, this cafe is wonderful. My name is Mushroom. You are?"

(Awesome! I'm glad )
@Sazzorak

The process of making a drink was fascinating to the newcomer and she watched with earnest, her attention only turning away whenever the movement of the bat catches her eyes. It was a curious creature, but very cute which made the Coatl chuckle softly. She moves her attention to the talking Pearlcatcher, listening to his words with interest.

"I'm not from around here, you are correct. I come from the Crystalspine Reaches. Life there had grown a little... boring so I decided that I would travel."

As she speaks, she settles down a little, sitting on her haunches while she waits for her drink.

Since the Scarred Wastelands is right next to my home, I decided I would visit here first. I'm glad I did, this cafe is wonderful. My name is Mushroom. You are?"

(Awesome! I'm glad )
StainedGlass2.png
@SnickerSnack

"Ooo, wow! Just over the pond, are ya? I hope you're finding Plague to your taste. Some newcomers are a little freaked out by all the bones and brimstone. Tis a nice place though. Never been more happy in my life than I am here, mostly good folk, though you do need to watch out for the packs. The name's Latte, I moved ere a few years back."

He meandered back over to the teapot, stirring the mixture gently before pulling out the strainer.

"Hot or cold?" He asked, grabbing the pot off the stove and placing it on the front counter along with an intricate hand made ceramic cup.
"I got a friend down below who makes these mugs, real talented fellow, though a little quiet. He's a good kid, if ya have the time you should make a stop at the tunnels, he has his studio there. Just ask to see Terracotta and the guard will let ye in."
@SnickerSnack

"Ooo, wow! Just over the pond, are ya? I hope you're finding Plague to your taste. Some newcomers are a little freaked out by all the bones and brimstone. Tis a nice place though. Never been more happy in my life than I am here, mostly good folk, though you do need to watch out for the packs. The name's Latte, I moved ere a few years back."

He meandered back over to the teapot, stirring the mixture gently before pulling out the strainer.

"Hot or cold?" He asked, grabbing the pot off the stove and placing it on the front counter along with an intricate hand made ceramic cup.
"I got a friend down below who makes these mugs, real talented fellow, though a little quiet. He's a good kid, if ya have the time you should make a stop at the tunnels, he has his studio there. Just ask to see Terracotta and the guard will let ye in."
((hey is this still open? can I join?)) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60785313] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/607854/60785313_350.png[/img] [/url] Back in Plague, huh? Eh it was not a bad place at all. Just would have been better if he could have gotten a good income from his own shop. Well, only selling tomatoes doesn't really get you much money. Good thing this coffee shop had a good menu of drinks. Basil stared at the menu for a long time before approaching the pearlcatcher, not noticing the coatl until he looked around. They seemed to be having a conversation already as he decided to wait. He sat at a table nearby them, taking out some random pieces of paper. He squinted at them, yeah what did Pearl want him to get? It was probably some plants, but he didn't care to read it. He went back to the counter, looking at the menu. "Hey, oh uh sorry to interrupt, can I get the Bald's Brew? I can't stay for long right now," Basil told the pearlcatcher, holding some treasure in his claws, "Uh how much is it? I can't really see it that well."
((hey is this still open? can I join?))

60785313_350.png

Back in Plague, huh? Eh it was not a bad place at all. Just would have been better if he could have gotten a good income from his own shop. Well, only selling tomatoes doesn't really get you much money. Good thing this coffee shop had a good menu of drinks.

Basil stared at the menu for a long time before approaching the pearlcatcher, not noticing the coatl until he looked around. They seemed to be having a conversation already as he decided to wait. He sat at a table nearby them, taking out some random pieces of paper. He squinted at them, yeah what did Pearl want him to get? It was probably some plants, but he didn't care to read it.

He went back to the counter, looking at the menu.

"Hey, oh uh sorry to interrupt, can I get the Bald's Brew? I can't stay for long right now," Basil told the pearlcatcher, holding some treasure in his claws, "Uh how much is it? I can't really see it that well."
You're worth so much more than you know. May troubles be far from your mind.
"It's been lovely here. The terrain is much different than what I am used to, but it's a good different. And hot please."

The Coatl watches Latte work, noticing the pretty cups. She looks up at the Pearlcatcher whenever he speaks, perking up at the mention of another place to go. It was certainly something that she was interested in, especially if it meant she could leave with a little cup like that herself.

Oh that would be wonderful. I will certainly have to go over and see if I can get something similar. Thank you for suggesting it!"

She starts to say something else, only to stop when the newcomer speaks up behind her. Mushroom moves to the side, giving the dragon behind her an apologetic smile as she makes room in order for him to be able to order.

@Sazzorak
"It's been lovely here. The terrain is much different than what I am used to, but it's a good different. And hot please."

The Coatl watches Latte work, noticing the pretty cups. She looks up at the Pearlcatcher whenever he speaks, perking up at the mention of another place to go. It was certainly something that she was interested in, especially if it meant she could leave with a little cup like that herself.

Oh that would be wonderful. I will certainly have to go over and see if I can get something similar. Thank you for suggesting it!"

She starts to say something else, only to stop when the newcomer speaks up behind her. Mushroom moves to the side, giving the dragon behind her an apologetic smile as she makes room in order for him to be able to order.

@Sazzorak
StainedGlass2.png
"Oh uh, thank you," Basil turns to the coatl as she moved away, noticing her apologetic smile, "Oh, sorry to interrupt you guys. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just in a hurry. Well, not really, but I know I probably should do it on time."

He realized he was talking for a while before he stopped to rub his eyes, "Wow, my vision is bad! Sorry, what's your name?"

Er, why did he ask her? They were just random costumers. Oh well, he already said it. "Oh, the name's Basil," he told her, looking back at the other pearlcatcher, "Nice place you got here!"
"Oh uh, thank you," Basil turns to the coatl as she moved away, noticing her apologetic smile, "Oh, sorry to interrupt you guys. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just in a hurry. Well, not really, but I know I probably should do it on time."

He realized he was talking for a while before he stopped to rub his eyes, "Wow, my vision is bad! Sorry, what's your name?"

Er, why did he ask her? They were just random costumers. Oh well, he already said it. "Oh, the name's Basil," he told her, looking back at the other pearlcatcher, "Nice place you got here!"
You're worth so much more than you know. May troubles be far from your mind.
Mushroom chuckles, enjoying the almost sporadic energy of the dragon beside her. It was interesting, that much was for sure. She tilts her head a little, the jewelry on her clothing making soft noises as it clacks against itself.

"You don't have to apologize. My name is Mushroom, It's nice to meet your acquaintance. Do you live around here or are you passing through as well?" She asks curiously, interested to know more about Basil and the residents of this area.
Mushroom chuckles, enjoying the almost sporadic energy of the dragon beside her. It was interesting, that much was for sure. She tilts her head a little, the jewelry on her clothing making soft noises as it clacks against itself.

"You don't have to apologize. My name is Mushroom, It's nice to meet your acquaintance. Do you live around here or are you passing through as well?" She asks curiously, interested to know more about Basil and the residents of this area.
StainedGlass2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9