Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Dg and Savvy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
"It's never been my plan to hurt her hurt. If I hurt her before, I regret it." With that, August turned and left the classroom. He must have had a scowl on his face because the students around him weren't trying to gain his attention. That was fine with him he didn't want to talk to anyone right now anyway. All he wanted to do was sit on his broom and race around the stadium until all he could feel was the wind ripping through him and the thoughts all left his head. It hadn't even been a full day and all he could focus on was trying to repair what had been broken... or had never been there in the first place. A quick stop in the dungeons resulted in his broom being in his hands, the smooth wood in his hand a nice change. The moment he was out of the castle he mounted it and took to the stadium. Once he was close enough to see the other students on their brooms, he stopped, trying to decide what to do.

With a sigh, he pushed thoughts away of racing away from his worries. It wouldn't be happening with all of these students around. Choosing one of the stadium towers that had no students, he lew over and landed roughly on the wooden seats. He leaned his broom against the walls and laid on the bench, though the feeling was uncomfortable. One arm rested over his eyes, blocking out the light, while the other one hung at his side. This day was dragging on far too long for his taste. If his last three classes weren't ones that actually interested him, he'd probably just skip all of them. As he laid there wallowing in self-pity, a soft voice rose up from beneath him, the sound calming him almost instantly. Concentrating to hear the words more clearly, he frowned as he heard the message. It felt a little too much like the words that he couldn't say to a certain someone.

Not wanting to embarrass the singer, he stayed put, but spoke softly, knowing his voice would likely be muffled slightly. Maybe it would keep them from recognizing him if they even knew him. "That's quite a sad song your singing," he said. The song cut out and he winced. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. If it makes you feel better, I've got no idea who's down there. Um... how's your day been?" August winced again, knowing that he probably sounded like an awkward idiot. Hearing a chuckle from below, he smiled slightly. Maybe not quite an idiot.

((*gasp* what if this becomes their thing? they meet here every once in a while to talk with each other, no knowing who the other person is? then someone finds out and it gets awkward and then everything gets revealed? ))

The library it was. The Great Hall had been nearly devoid of anyone that she knew well enough to eat with, and even the people she knew slightly held no appeal to her. She gathered up a few things in a napkin and snuck them into the library. Madame Pince disapproved highly of their being food among her books, but Teresa had been doing it for a while. Besides, she had some books that she wanted to visit. Students rarely studied near the restricted section, most of them too afraid of the books beyond the gated windows. She didn't mind the view though. It helped her to think about the kind of magic that was dangerous. Though she wanted to learn it, she knew it was restricted for a reason.
"It's never been my plan to hurt her hurt. If I hurt her before, I regret it." With that, August turned and left the classroom. He must have had a scowl on his face because the students around him weren't trying to gain his attention. That was fine with him he didn't want to talk to anyone right now anyway. All he wanted to do was sit on his broom and race around the stadium until all he could feel was the wind ripping through him and the thoughts all left his head. It hadn't even been a full day and all he could focus on was trying to repair what had been broken... or had never been there in the first place. A quick stop in the dungeons resulted in his broom being in his hands, the smooth wood in his hand a nice change. The moment he was out of the castle he mounted it and took to the stadium. Once he was close enough to see the other students on their brooms, he stopped, trying to decide what to do.

With a sigh, he pushed thoughts away of racing away from his worries. It wouldn't be happening with all of these students around. Choosing one of the stadium towers that had no students, he lew over and landed roughly on the wooden seats. He leaned his broom against the walls and laid on the bench, though the feeling was uncomfortable. One arm rested over his eyes, blocking out the light, while the other one hung at his side. This day was dragging on far too long for his taste. If his last three classes weren't ones that actually interested him, he'd probably just skip all of them. As he laid there wallowing in self-pity, a soft voice rose up from beneath him, the sound calming him almost instantly. Concentrating to hear the words more clearly, he frowned as he heard the message. It felt a little too much like the words that he couldn't say to a certain someone.

Not wanting to embarrass the singer, he stayed put, but spoke softly, knowing his voice would likely be muffled slightly. Maybe it would keep them from recognizing him if they even knew him. "That's quite a sad song your singing," he said. The song cut out and he winced. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. If it makes you feel better, I've got no idea who's down there. Um... how's your day been?" August winced again, knowing that he probably sounded like an awkward idiot. Hearing a chuckle from below, he smiled slightly. Maybe not quite an idiot.

((*gasp* what if this becomes their thing? they meet here every once in a while to talk with each other, no knowing who the other person is? then someone finds out and it gets awkward and then everything gets revealed? ))

The library it was. The Great Hall had been nearly devoid of anyone that she knew well enough to eat with, and even the people she knew slightly held no appeal to her. She gathered up a few things in a napkin and snuck them into the library. Madame Pince disapproved highly of their being food among her books, but Teresa had been doing it for a while. Besides, she had some books that she wanted to visit. Students rarely studied near the restricted section, most of them too afraid of the books beyond the gated windows. She didn't mind the view though. It helped her to think about the kind of magic that was dangerous. Though she wanted to learn it, she knew it was restricted for a reason.
OqnJnVY.png 0nSweFO.gif dylZVxm.png
C L O V E R I O U S

A rather muffled voice came from above startling the Ravenclaw below. the next sentence made her laugh, really laugh...course it only came out as a chuckle. Whoever it was up there...was an idiot. "well..." she began. "My day has been rather full of upheavals that I was not prepared for quite yet." she admitted, "what about you?" Her voice was soft, a little uneasy....a little uncertain...

She liked the idea that she didn't have to pretend...for just a little while. He couldn't see her, and she couldn't see him...and their voices were muffled, so even if he did meet her outside of this situation....there's no way he could recognize her. She found that she liked this. She liked the unknown....she felt even a bit safe in the disguise of just a voice.

She didn't stare up into the bleachers but she knew he was probably somewhere in one of the out of sight areas due to the towers.

(( *double gasp* my that is a splendid idea! it's fabulously sitting on the line of almost cliche but not quite ))
N O A H

Noah needed to pick up a textbook from the library. Of course, the reason being he forgot to order it when they were in the bookstore last week...so when he realized he ended up having the bookstore send it to the school library. It was just easier than trying to get a permission slip to leave school grounds.

He made his way into the rather empty library, excluding a couple of ravenclaws sitting at the entrance eating their food quickly so they could go inside. He made his way to the desk and smiled at Madame Pince with a cheeky smile. The woman behind the desk shook her head and clicked her tongue "every year Mr. Rose" she scolded "I feel like I'm giving you at least one textbook every year you spaztic child" With that she slid him the book "you might as well head to the V's section and pick up Valhn's quantum potion measurements.....might as well get some notes out of that book to help with your understanding of the potions in this textbook..." she warned him.

Noah gave a slight smile and rubbed the back of his head "yeah.....thank you...ma'am...I'll do that." She nodded and pointed to the direction it was at and he made his way over and began surfing the shelves. Noah wasn't like his sister when it came to locating books...so he had to shower the entire bookshelf twice just to find it. He stood on the latter and huffed as he pulled the book out and flipped open the book....Not bothering to get off the latter.
C L O V E R I O U S

A rather muffled voice came from above startling the Ravenclaw below. the next sentence made her laugh, really laugh...course it only came out as a chuckle. Whoever it was up there...was an idiot. "well..." she began. "My day has been rather full of upheavals that I was not prepared for quite yet." she admitted, "what about you?" Her voice was soft, a little uneasy....a little uncertain...

She liked the idea that she didn't have to pretend...for just a little while. He couldn't see her, and she couldn't see him...and their voices were muffled, so even if he did meet her outside of this situation....there's no way he could recognize her. She found that she liked this. She liked the unknown....she felt even a bit safe in the disguise of just a voice.

She didn't stare up into the bleachers but she knew he was probably somewhere in one of the out of sight areas due to the towers.

(( *double gasp* my that is a splendid idea! it's fabulously sitting on the line of almost cliche but not quite ))
N O A H

Noah needed to pick up a textbook from the library. Of course, the reason being he forgot to order it when they were in the bookstore last week...so when he realized he ended up having the bookstore send it to the school library. It was just easier than trying to get a permission slip to leave school grounds.

He made his way into the rather empty library, excluding a couple of ravenclaws sitting at the entrance eating their food quickly so they could go inside. He made his way to the desk and smiled at Madame Pince with a cheeky smile. The woman behind the desk shook her head and clicked her tongue "every year Mr. Rose" she scolded "I feel like I'm giving you at least one textbook every year you spaztic child" With that she slid him the book "you might as well head to the V's section and pick up Valhn's quantum potion measurements.....might as well get some notes out of that book to help with your understanding of the potions in this textbook..." she warned him.

Noah gave a slight smile and rubbed the back of his head "yeah.....thank you...ma'am...I'll do that." She nodded and pointed to the direction it was at and he made his way over and began surfing the shelves. Noah wasn't like his sister when it came to locating books...so he had to shower the entire bookshelf twice just to find it. He stood on the latter and huffed as he pulled the book out and flipped open the book....Not bothering to get off the latter.
1f338.png 5bb420da6c0049a8f4927d7fc6d5c60f.png

Visit my hatchery--> Candlelight
Visit my art shop --> Kitty Corner
Visit My new Rps --> CT Equestrian
03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
Chuckling in return, August smiled slightly. "I couldn't agree with you more. I had to face some things that I've been trying hard to forget about. While simultaneously hoping they would fix themselves. Guess that's not how things work, huh?" It was nice talking to this strange girl, it was nice knowing that he could be honest with her and not worry about any sort of judgment or backlash. He sat up slightly, glancing around them to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Fortunately, they had both chosen a section of the field that other students had ignored, leaving them blissfully alone. Laying back down, he worked himself into a little bit more comfortable position. "I tried to ask questions about something had didn't get answers, just more questions. I made a mistake a few years back but trying to fix it now is a nearly daunting task." Sighing, he rolled over and sat up, letting his head drift back so he was starring at the sky. His head landed against the back wall a little harder than he had hoped it would and he winced, rubbing it slightly.

"Can I ask you something?" he questioned suddenly, cheeks darkening slightly. "Every student here is separated by houses and because of the history of the house founders and other people in those houses, things are kind of tense to everyone. From where I stand, people tend to be most loyal to their own house and kind of ignore everyone else. To be honest, I'm guilty of that myself. But... what do you think? Do you think the house rivalries are warranted? Should students be separating themselves like that when we're all just... kids? And how do you look at it all?" It was a question that he was dying to ask someone, ever since seeing the kind of companionship that students had in their houses. Some students got along better with those not in the same house as them but in the case of Slytherins... they kind of just had to stick to themselves. It's what everyone expected, and maybe that's why he never approached Clove because he didn't want to go against what everyone else was saying.

((that's exactly what i was thinking ^.^))

Her meager collection of food finished, she let her eyes wander over the spines of the books. None of these were authors that she recognized, and while that would normally be fine, she wanted something familiar. Leaving her bag on the table, Teresa stood up and stretched for a moment. Maybe some Valquin, that sounded good right now. He wrote a lot of textbooks that focused on theoretical magic and magical theory, something that when understood could be better used to master magic. It wasn't exactly light reading, but it was interesting to her. She strode down the aisles, chewing on her thumb lightly as she thought. Finally finding the right aisle, she hesitated when she noticed there was someone there, and took a step back when she realized who it was.

Resolving to simply pretend she hadn't noticed him on the ladder, she strode forward and began searching the shelves, brushing the spines with her fingers as she went. The faster she could find the book, the faster she could avoid any sort of conversation with Noah. She hadn't known how to act around Clove at first, but Noah was a completely different matter altogether. She didn't want to make a fool of herself again. Especially, she realized, after he probably thought that she had completely ignored him offering her that cinnamon. She nearly facepalmed but stopped herself just in time, glancing up at the boy as she did so. Doing that would tell him that she was there, and that's not exactly what Teresa wanted at the moment.
Chuckling in return, August smiled slightly. "I couldn't agree with you more. I had to face some things that I've been trying hard to forget about. While simultaneously hoping they would fix themselves. Guess that's not how things work, huh?" It was nice talking to this strange girl, it was nice knowing that he could be honest with her and not worry about any sort of judgment or backlash. He sat up slightly, glancing around them to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Fortunately, they had both chosen a section of the field that other students had ignored, leaving them blissfully alone. Laying back down, he worked himself into a little bit more comfortable position. "I tried to ask questions about something had didn't get answers, just more questions. I made a mistake a few years back but trying to fix it now is a nearly daunting task." Sighing, he rolled over and sat up, letting his head drift back so he was starring at the sky. His head landed against the back wall a little harder than he had hoped it would and he winced, rubbing it slightly.

"Can I ask you something?" he questioned suddenly, cheeks darkening slightly. "Every student here is separated by houses and because of the history of the house founders and other people in those houses, things are kind of tense to everyone. From where I stand, people tend to be most loyal to their own house and kind of ignore everyone else. To be honest, I'm guilty of that myself. But... what do you think? Do you think the house rivalries are warranted? Should students be separating themselves like that when we're all just... kids? And how do you look at it all?" It was a question that he was dying to ask someone, ever since seeing the kind of companionship that students had in their houses. Some students got along better with those not in the same house as them but in the case of Slytherins... they kind of just had to stick to themselves. It's what everyone expected, and maybe that's why he never approached Clove because he didn't want to go against what everyone else was saying.

((that's exactly what i was thinking ^.^))

Her meager collection of food finished, she let her eyes wander over the spines of the books. None of these were authors that she recognized, and while that would normally be fine, she wanted something familiar. Leaving her bag on the table, Teresa stood up and stretched for a moment. Maybe some Valquin, that sounded good right now. He wrote a lot of textbooks that focused on theoretical magic and magical theory, something that when understood could be better used to master magic. It wasn't exactly light reading, but it was interesting to her. She strode down the aisles, chewing on her thumb lightly as she thought. Finally finding the right aisle, she hesitated when she noticed there was someone there, and took a step back when she realized who it was.

Resolving to simply pretend she hadn't noticed him on the ladder, she strode forward and began searching the shelves, brushing the spines with her fingers as she went. The faster she could find the book, the faster she could avoid any sort of conversation with Noah. She hadn't known how to act around Clove at first, but Noah was a completely different matter altogether. She didn't want to make a fool of herself again. Especially, she realized, after he probably thought that she had completely ignored him offering her that cinnamon. She nearly facepalmed but stopped herself just in time, glancing up at the boy as she did so. Doing that would tell him that she was there, and that's not exactly what Teresa wanted at the moment.
C L O V E R I O U S

She stayed silent as he spoke. She let him rant, question, and think through his feeling before responding. "The houses...are a good idea...taken too far. All four founders...we're good friends...so I think the idea of the houses separating everyone was never the intention...it was more so meant to put likeminded people together...It's just... been taken too far by the students...becoming an overarching rivalry" she said letting out a soft sigh "some people work best with just similarly minded people...then there are people like me...where the separation has become an invisible cage...keeping me from the people and things I care about...Honestly, I don't like it...but with no one else willing to work for it...I just stopped fighting." She took a deep breath before saying "so, is it a good thing?... I think it was initially...but for me....the way it is now... it's just unbearably suffocating."

She then strummed a few chords on the guitar in her lap softly before going back to an earlier topic "as for your earlier predicament...I think I get where you're coming from...I tried really hard....to cross the lines that the houses made...to be with someone I felt would make my world a little brighter....but....no matter how much I reached out to them...I was left alone...So I gave up....seeing them now....is painful....and I want to try again...but I just don't want to be left to fall...all on my own again....." She let out a sad laugh "well arent we both pitiful"
N O A H

Noah was lost in the pages and pages of theory. He was never one to enjoy reading, but this guy...this guy was a genius! it wasn't light material by any means...but it was something Noah could understand none the less. Noah decided...it was best he actually went to get lunch and tried to step down the latter without looking up from the pages. It was a skill that Clove could do easily. Sadly, Noah was less than graceful when he wasn't playing quidditch.

Due to this rather sad fact, the moment Noah tried to step down on the latter his foot missed the plank of wood and he came tumbling down. In turn, his head hit the shelves causing half a row to come tumbling down on his head. Noah dropped the book in his hand and covered his head "Ouch" he said gritting his teeth. "why am I such a walking disaster today?" he asked himself.

He rubbed the top of his head with his hand and began to collect the books that fell off the shelf. Up till this point, he had yet to see the girl who had witnessed his less than graceful encounter with gravity. That is until he looked over in her direction to pick up a book. He looked up from the floor to see her shoes...and let his eyes travel up to the girl's face. His cheeks instantly went red. "ah.....you saw that..." he said with an embraced laugh "I promise...I'm not this much of a disaster....on a broom...only when my feet are on the ground...." though he supposed the entire reason for his misstep was due to a lack of ground..
C L O V E R I O U S

She stayed silent as he spoke. She let him rant, question, and think through his feeling before responding. "The houses...are a good idea...taken too far. All four founders...we're good friends...so I think the idea of the houses separating everyone was never the intention...it was more so meant to put likeminded people together...It's just... been taken too far by the students...becoming an overarching rivalry" she said letting out a soft sigh "some people work best with just similarly minded people...then there are people like me...where the separation has become an invisible cage...keeping me from the people and things I care about...Honestly, I don't like it...but with no one else willing to work for it...I just stopped fighting." She took a deep breath before saying "so, is it a good thing?... I think it was initially...but for me....the way it is now... it's just unbearably suffocating."

She then strummed a few chords on the guitar in her lap softly before going back to an earlier topic "as for your earlier predicament...I think I get where you're coming from...I tried really hard....to cross the lines that the houses made...to be with someone I felt would make my world a little brighter....but....no matter how much I reached out to them...I was left alone...So I gave up....seeing them now....is painful....and I want to try again...but I just don't want to be left to fall...all on my own again....." She let out a sad laugh "well arent we both pitiful"
N O A H

Noah was lost in the pages and pages of theory. He was never one to enjoy reading, but this guy...this guy was a genius! it wasn't light material by any means...but it was something Noah could understand none the less. Noah decided...it was best he actually went to get lunch and tried to step down the latter without looking up from the pages. It was a skill that Clove could do easily. Sadly, Noah was less than graceful when he wasn't playing quidditch.

Due to this rather sad fact, the moment Noah tried to step down on the latter his foot missed the plank of wood and he came tumbling down. In turn, his head hit the shelves causing half a row to come tumbling down on his head. Noah dropped the book in his hand and covered his head "Ouch" he said gritting his teeth. "why am I such a walking disaster today?" he asked himself.

He rubbed the top of his head with his hand and began to collect the books that fell off the shelf. Up till this point, he had yet to see the girl who had witnessed his less than graceful encounter with gravity. That is until he looked over in her direction to pick up a book. He looked up from the floor to see her shoes...and let his eyes travel up to the girl's face. His cheeks instantly went red. "ah.....you saw that..." he said with an embraced laugh "I promise...I'm not this much of a disaster....on a broom...only when my feet are on the ground...." though he supposed the entire reason for his misstep was due to a lack of ground..

03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
As he listened to her, August nodded in agreement. A lot of what she was saying made sense. The founders had started out as friends wanting to make a school of magic for students. They created the house to put like-minded students together so that they could help each other to achieve their desires when it came to magic. Even things among the founders began to grow tense, and that was probably why the house issues started in the first place, because of the founders disagreeing on things. "I still can't decide about that myself. Sometimes it's a good thing because you're surrounded by people who think like you and understand things the way you do. But then other times... you don't get to learn what other people are thinking. I had a conversation with someone from another house earlier today and it wasn't about a huge issue, at least I didn't think so, but it resulted in his wand pointed at my face. I just think... people let themselves be defined by the characteristics of old dead people instead of by what they themselves are. But you can't define yourself if you don't step out of your comfort zone, and house differences don't really allow for that."

The strumming of her guitar was quite melodic and he was sure that her voice was even more so. The little he had heard earlier was proof of that. Her words sounded eerily similar to the position he was in right now because of his unwillingness to try his first year. He quirked his mouth, wanting to think before he spoke. "Well, I wouldn't give up on them. Sometimes people are just dense and don't realize that you're trying. I gave up because I thought things would be hard, and it's a lot harder trying to fix that now. It might be painful but... if they're worth it, then it will work. I don't think you're the kind of person to waste your time on someone who isn't worth your time," he told her, his voice soft. He wished he could help her with her issues because he certainly couldn't fix his own right now. Or at least it was going to be a lot harder than he originally thought it would be.

She was near the window now, still trying to find her book. She soon her crashing and whipped around, eyes wide and mouth dropping open when she saw the sight before her. Noah had somehow fallen off of the ladder and then tumbled into the adjacent bookshelf, causing several books to fall on top of him. If Teresa wasn't so worried that he had gotten hurt, she probably would have been laughing. She walked over and crouched down, helping him to pick up the books. Some of her curls fell in front of her face and she blew them out of the way, giving Noah a quirked smile. "I hope you're better on your broom than your feet," she said, giggling slightly. "Otherwise you'll make it too easy for Slytherin. Um, are you okay? Did you get hurt at all?" Reaching out a tentative hand, she bit her lip and hesitated. She barely even knew him.

((oh hey, i was thinking that since you've got a Gryffindor boy saved, i could make a romantic interest for him later. if you want of course))
As he listened to her, August nodded in agreement. A lot of what she was saying made sense. The founders had started out as friends wanting to make a school of magic for students. They created the house to put like-minded students together so that they could help each other to achieve their desires when it came to magic. Even things among the founders began to grow tense, and that was probably why the house issues started in the first place, because of the founders disagreeing on things. "I still can't decide about that myself. Sometimes it's a good thing because you're surrounded by people who think like you and understand things the way you do. But then other times... you don't get to learn what other people are thinking. I had a conversation with someone from another house earlier today and it wasn't about a huge issue, at least I didn't think so, but it resulted in his wand pointed at my face. I just think... people let themselves be defined by the characteristics of old dead people instead of by what they themselves are. But you can't define yourself if you don't step out of your comfort zone, and house differences don't really allow for that."

The strumming of her guitar was quite melodic and he was sure that her voice was even more so. The little he had heard earlier was proof of that. Her words sounded eerily similar to the position he was in right now because of his unwillingness to try his first year. He quirked his mouth, wanting to think before he spoke. "Well, I wouldn't give up on them. Sometimes people are just dense and don't realize that you're trying. I gave up because I thought things would be hard, and it's a lot harder trying to fix that now. It might be painful but... if they're worth it, then it will work. I don't think you're the kind of person to waste your time on someone who isn't worth your time," he told her, his voice soft. He wished he could help her with her issues because he certainly couldn't fix his own right now. Or at least it was going to be a lot harder than he originally thought it would be.

She was near the window now, still trying to find her book. She soon her crashing and whipped around, eyes wide and mouth dropping open when she saw the sight before her. Noah had somehow fallen off of the ladder and then tumbled into the adjacent bookshelf, causing several books to fall on top of him. If Teresa wasn't so worried that he had gotten hurt, she probably would have been laughing. She walked over and crouched down, helping him to pick up the books. Some of her curls fell in front of her face and she blew them out of the way, giving Noah a quirked smile. "I hope you're better on your broom than your feet," she said, giggling slightly. "Otherwise you'll make it too easy for Slytherin. Um, are you okay? Did you get hurt at all?" Reaching out a tentative hand, she bit her lip and hesitated. She barely even knew him.

((oh hey, i was thinking that since you've got a Gryffindor boy saved, i could make a romantic interest for him later. if you want of course))
C L O V E R I O U S

"waste my time huh?" she said with a little humor "Ah...well...I suppose not...But...maybe you should take your own advice....maybe you should try taking the first steps to fix that problem...they might just meet you halfway if you try" she said. she continued to strum the strings one by one on her guitar softly while they talked. "Ah....but I had a chance to reach out today...and ended up being a cowered and walking away...So...guess you gotta be brave to do that." she said "...I know I'm not"

"it doesn't matter how true your feelings are...or how much you care...It doesn't even matter who you are or how smart you are either....if you never even have the guts to try......someone I used to know said that....also said I should have some confidence in myself....but...Im still working on that....fake it till you make it I guess". She remembered Kain's words...ever since he said them...back in Russia...yet, even now she is having trouble living by them. She knew she may never be able to...but she would try...until her last breath if she had to.
N O A H

The moment Noah saw her smile he couldn't help but do the same as he grabbed her hand and stood up. He then smirked "ah...my team can handle themselves....plus....maybe if I get hit with a few more books I'll actually learn something from them," he said. he turned and began to put the books he knocked down back on the shelves and turned to hold his hand out for the books in her hands "Thanks..." he said before putting the last of the books away.

he dusted his pants off and picked up the book he was reading earlier before smiling at her...in that, goofy, dimpled, yet sweet way he does. "so...how did you like that cinnamon roll I gave you?" he asked, "that is if you ate it....was probably weird receiving food from a stranger" he said realizing how weird he must have seemed. "but I promise... I just like making food for people..." he quickly said his cheeks still a bit flushed from earlier.

(( hahaha i could bring him in later...and you can see if you have someone to tame him XD he is a rather shameless flirt with everyone...among other rather unredeeming qualities ))
C L O V E R I O U S

"waste my time huh?" she said with a little humor "Ah...well...I suppose not...But...maybe you should take your own advice....maybe you should try taking the first steps to fix that problem...they might just meet you halfway if you try" she said. she continued to strum the strings one by one on her guitar softly while they talked. "Ah....but I had a chance to reach out today...and ended up being a cowered and walking away...So...guess you gotta be brave to do that." she said "...I know I'm not"

"it doesn't matter how true your feelings are...or how much you care...It doesn't even matter who you are or how smart you are either....if you never even have the guts to try......someone I used to know said that....also said I should have some confidence in myself....but...Im still working on that....fake it till you make it I guess". She remembered Kain's words...ever since he said them...back in Russia...yet, even now she is having trouble living by them. She knew she may never be able to...but she would try...until her last breath if she had to.
N O A H

The moment Noah saw her smile he couldn't help but do the same as he grabbed her hand and stood up. He then smirked "ah...my team can handle themselves....plus....maybe if I get hit with a few more books I'll actually learn something from them," he said. he turned and began to put the books he knocked down back on the shelves and turned to hold his hand out for the books in her hands "Thanks..." he said before putting the last of the books away.

he dusted his pants off and picked up the book he was reading earlier before smiling at her...in that, goofy, dimpled, yet sweet way he does. "so...how did you like that cinnamon roll I gave you?" he asked, "that is if you ate it....was probably weird receiving food from a stranger" he said realizing how weird he must have seemed. "but I promise... I just like making food for people..." he quickly said his cheeks still a bit flushed from earlier.

(( hahaha i could bring him in later...and you can see if you have someone to tame him XD he is a rather shameless flirt with everyone...among other rather unredeeming qualities ))

Spluttering now, August sat up. "Well, it's a lot easier to give advice than it is to follow it!" he said in defense. Thinking for a moment he sighed, head falling into his hands. "I guess you do have a point though. I just don't know how to do that. Talking to Cl... er, this person, is a lot harder than I ever thought it was going to be. It's hard to strike up a conversation with someone who... with someone you thought you knew but realize you know nothing about. Listening to her words again, August nodded though he knew that she couldn't see him. Whoever she was. "Well, how about we make a deal, you and I?" he suggested. "We each try to have the guts to take to the person we're wanting to. And then some time this week we meet here again, same time, and tell each other how it goes? I dunno. I feel like I might actually do it if I know that someone else in this school is trying to do the same thing."

She giggled again at his joke, shaking her head as she handed him the rest of the books. "Um, I don't think that's quite what they mean when they hot the books, Noah. And, um, the cinnamon roll... it was good. Tasted just like how the elves make it but better somehow." She gave him a small smile, taking a small step back. Teresa was beginning to feel awkward again, a feeling she was incredibly unused to and not enjoying at all. It wasn't like she was incompetent around boys, not in the slightest, but there was something about Noah that made her act like she had never interacted with a boy before.

((first thought that comes to mind is someone who is constantly embarrassed by flirting, and then someone who isn't at all fazed by it. i'll have to play around with some ideas, but i'll find somebody for him ;) ))
Spluttering now, August sat up. "Well, it's a lot easier to give advice than it is to follow it!" he said in defense. Thinking for a moment he sighed, head falling into his hands. "I guess you do have a point though. I just don't know how to do that. Talking to Cl... er, this person, is a lot harder than I ever thought it was going to be. It's hard to strike up a conversation with someone who... with someone you thought you knew but realize you know nothing about. Listening to her words again, August nodded though he knew that she couldn't see him. Whoever she was. "Well, how about we make a deal, you and I?" he suggested. "We each try to have the guts to take to the person we're wanting to. And then some time this week we meet here again, same time, and tell each other how it goes? I dunno. I feel like I might actually do it if I know that someone else in this school is trying to do the same thing."

She giggled again at his joke, shaking her head as she handed him the rest of the books. "Um, I don't think that's quite what they mean when they hot the books, Noah. And, um, the cinnamon roll... it was good. Tasted just like how the elves make it but better somehow." She gave him a small smile, taking a small step back. Teresa was beginning to feel awkward again, a feeling she was incredibly unused to and not enjoying at all. It wasn't like she was incompetent around boys, not in the slightest, but there was something about Noah that made her act like she had never interacted with a boy before.

((first thought that comes to mind is someone who is constantly embarrassed by flirting, and then someone who isn't at all fazed by it. i'll have to play around with some ideas, but i'll find somebody for him ;) ))
C L O V E R I O U S

Clove was silent for a moment before she finally responded "you have yourself a deal...It be nice knowing I have someone rooting for me in the background." Clove then took a deep breath "and I'll be rooting for you too..." She then said, "people change...and I have found, you cant pick and choose the parts you like about someone...so...even if they seem different from the way they are remembered...they are still the same person deep down."

She let her fingers change the tune of the chords to an old children's song about the beetle and the bard. It was a rather happy tune compared to the one before. She leaned her head back against the metal and smiled to herself "you are rather easy to talk to." she said before standing up "till next time, bleacher boy" she said before she walked away with a chuckle.

Not long after the bell chimed four times signaling it was time for ancient runes class. She walked across the school and up the never-ending staircase to the third-floor hall. She made her way through the crowd of students and walked into the room fitted with desks set up in pairs with slabs and swords, and other things covered in runes. She took out her textbook and smiled as she set it on the desk and walked over to inspect the different swords. They were old..though not as old as her's and Noah's.
N O A H

Noah put his bag on his shoulder and shoved his hands into his pockets rocking on his feet as he smiled down at her "Im glad you liked them...you ever need snacks Im your guy" he said with a cheeky smile. "Im not surprised they taste like the elves cooking...they are the ones I learned from...after I kept making messes that is," he said with a chuckle, "I think they just got tired of helping me clean up the mess." he chuckled.

The sound of the bell rang and Noah looked over at Teresa and smiled. "I have to get to class, but id love to get to know you better if we have the chance," he said before he began to walk "what direction is your class in...I'm headed to ancient runes..."
C L O V E R I O U S

Clove was silent for a moment before she finally responded "you have yourself a deal...It be nice knowing I have someone rooting for me in the background." Clove then took a deep breath "and I'll be rooting for you too..." She then said, "people change...and I have found, you cant pick and choose the parts you like about someone...so...even if they seem different from the way they are remembered...they are still the same person deep down."

She let her fingers change the tune of the chords to an old children's song about the beetle and the bard. It was a rather happy tune compared to the one before. She leaned her head back against the metal and smiled to herself "you are rather easy to talk to." she said before standing up "till next time, bleacher boy" she said before she walked away with a chuckle.

Not long after the bell chimed four times signaling it was time for ancient runes class. She walked across the school and up the never-ending staircase to the third-floor hall. She made her way through the crowd of students and walked into the room fitted with desks set up in pairs with slabs and swords, and other things covered in runes. She took out her textbook and smiled as she set it on the desk and walked over to inspect the different swords. They were old..though not as old as her's and Noah's.
N O A H

Noah put his bag on his shoulder and shoved his hands into his pockets rocking on his feet as he smiled down at her "Im glad you liked them...you ever need snacks Im your guy" he said with a cheeky smile. "Im not surprised they taste like the elves cooking...they are the ones I learned from...after I kept making messes that is," he said with a chuckle, "I think they just got tired of helping me clean up the mess." he chuckled.

The sound of the bell rang and Noah looked over at Teresa and smiled. "I have to get to class, but id love to get to know you better if we have the chance," he said before he began to walk "what direction is your class in...I'm headed to ancient runes..."

Hearing the bells in the distance, signaling the end of the lunch hour, August stood up and grabbed his broom. It would be easy to see who the mysterious girl was, but that's what was nice about their conversation. They didn't need to think about identities. He laughed at her remark and grinned "Hear ya around, guitar girl." With one last glance into the darkness beneath the bleachers, he climbed aboard his broom and zoomed off. It was if the weight that had been on his shoulders all morning was suddenly lifted. Even if no one else knew what he was trying to do, if no one else understood why he cared about it, at least the girl under the bleachers cared and believed in him. If a stranger thought that he could find the guts to talk to Clove, then he knew that he could do it.

As if destiny was questioning his courage, he stepped into his classroom and nearly turned right back around. Of course his next class would be with a certain honey-haired girl who had been giving him issues all morning. Well, this was my moment, August told himself. Taking a deep breath, he walked into the room. Students were usually late to the class right after lunch, unwilling to say goodbye to their free time and food for several hours of more boring classes. Fortunately, ancient runes wasn't boring. As much as he wanted to set his things down next to Clove's, he knew he didn't have enough courage to do that quite yet. Instead, he put his stuff down two seats behind hers, that way he would at least still be able to see her. After placing his things down, August strode over to Clover, trying to steady his breathing.

Standing slightly behind her, he read the runes that she was looking at. August reached around her and pointed at two of them and said, "I always mix up how to pronounce these two. My mouth can't quite seem to form them the way they're supposed to. Any tips?"

Teresa found herself grinning again at his funny comments and she tried to hide it by pretending to fix a buckle on her bag. "I've got Defense Against the Dark Arts, so it's a little further than your class I think," she replied, walking out of the library with him. She knew a route that would get her there more quickly, but she wanted to talk to Noah more. Only because she wanted to learn how to quit being awkward. "So what's your reason for taking ancient runes? I don't know a whole lot about it, or why it's an important thing to study."
Hearing the bells in the distance, signaling the end of the lunch hour, August stood up and grabbed his broom. It would be easy to see who the mysterious girl was, but that's what was nice about their conversation. They didn't need to think about identities. He laughed at her remark and grinned "Hear ya around, guitar girl." With one last glance into the darkness beneath the bleachers, he climbed aboard his broom and zoomed off. It was if the weight that had been on his shoulders all morning was suddenly lifted. Even if no one else knew what he was trying to do, if no one else understood why he cared about it, at least the girl under the bleachers cared and believed in him. If a stranger thought that he could find the guts to talk to Clove, then he knew that he could do it.

As if destiny was questioning his courage, he stepped into his classroom and nearly turned right back around. Of course his next class would be with a certain honey-haired girl who had been giving him issues all morning. Well, this was my moment, August told himself. Taking a deep breath, he walked into the room. Students were usually late to the class right after lunch, unwilling to say goodbye to their free time and food for several hours of more boring classes. Fortunately, ancient runes wasn't boring. As much as he wanted to set his things down next to Clove's, he knew he didn't have enough courage to do that quite yet. Instead, he put his stuff down two seats behind hers, that way he would at least still be able to see her. After placing his things down, August strode over to Clover, trying to steady his breathing.

Standing slightly behind her, he read the runes that she was looking at. August reached around her and pointed at two of them and said, "I always mix up how to pronounce these two. My mouth can't quite seem to form them the way they're supposed to. Any tips?"

Teresa found herself grinning again at his funny comments and she tried to hide it by pretending to fix a buckle on her bag. "I've got Defense Against the Dark Arts, so it's a little further than your class I think," she replied, walking out of the library with him. She knew a route that would get her there more quickly, but she wanted to talk to Noah more. Only because she wanted to learn how to quit being awkward. "So what's your reason for taking ancient runes? I don't know a whole lot about it, or why it's an important thing to study."
C L O V E R I O U S

She was so into reading the runes on the rusted sword that when August came up behind her she didn't notice him until his arm came past her face. She instinctively took a step back effectively running into his chest. Still leaning against him Clove calmed her breathing and looked up with a blank face. "oh..." she said realizing now that it was August. "August...." she said before following his hand and saying "oh...the markings are similar but their pronunciation is different the first one is Uri-she-gu-ray..." she started before looking back up at him. "and the second...is...uri-cah-gu-ray" she said moving her pointer finger back and forth with each syllable.

She was rather proud of herself for keeping her composure...that is..everything was normal except the fact her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest. She felt like an entire magical creatures zoo was going to break out of her stomach....he was...taller...than she remembered.

"so...your taking rune's class too...I like magic swords...so...runes are...kinda...yeah" she said. yup, composure gone...because as she was looking up at him she realized, he no longer looked like that the kid in first year...with slightly chubby cheeks...who was three inches shorter than her....and who also... wasn't exactly an athlete yet. She realized she was still leaning on him and quickly straightened herself up and pulled her blue ribbon off of her wrist and turned to him as she tied her hair up out of the way "I hear you are a chaser on the quidditch team...I remember you saying that was something you really wanted to do..." she said. Be brave....we made a deal...can't wimp out now "congratulations" she said looking up at him with determination.

(( AAhh i love them ))
N O A H

Noah began to walk next to Teresa towards the classrooms. He walked slower than his normal pace matching her speed. "ah...well...I want to be an Auror so...some of them use objects with ancient runes on them...so...knowing what they say might be able to help me in the future" he said "its kinda like learning a foreign language" he said keeping his hands in his pockets as he walked next to her.

She seemed like a rather nice person. Granted he didn't know her all that well, but Noah felt like he had a sorta sixth sense on knowing if a person was good or not. As they walked Noah walked right passed the hall he was supposed to turn at and walked with her all the way to her classroom. He didn't mind really, it was lunch and most kids showed up late anyway. "if you ever want to see if it is something you'd be interested in I can let you borrow one of the books I have on it...since we have a class together it won't be hard for me to get it back if I ever need it." he said.
C L O V E R I O U S

She was so into reading the runes on the rusted sword that when August came up behind her she didn't notice him until his arm came past her face. She instinctively took a step back effectively running into his chest. Still leaning against him Clove calmed her breathing and looked up with a blank face. "oh..." she said realizing now that it was August. "August...." she said before following his hand and saying "oh...the markings are similar but their pronunciation is different the first one is Uri-she-gu-ray..." she started before looking back up at him. "and the second...is...uri-cah-gu-ray" she said moving her pointer finger back and forth with each syllable.

She was rather proud of herself for keeping her composure...that is..everything was normal except the fact her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest. She felt like an entire magical creatures zoo was going to break out of her stomach....he was...taller...than she remembered.

"so...your taking rune's class too...I like magic swords...so...runes are...kinda...yeah" she said. yup, composure gone...because as she was looking up at him she realized, he no longer looked like that the kid in first year...with slightly chubby cheeks...who was three inches shorter than her....and who also... wasn't exactly an athlete yet. She realized she was still leaning on him and quickly straightened herself up and pulled her blue ribbon off of her wrist and turned to him as she tied her hair up out of the way "I hear you are a chaser on the quidditch team...I remember you saying that was something you really wanted to do..." she said. Be brave....we made a deal...can't wimp out now "congratulations" she said looking up at him with determination.

(( AAhh i love them ))
N O A H

Noah began to walk next to Teresa towards the classrooms. He walked slower than his normal pace matching her speed. "ah...well...I want to be an Auror so...some of them use objects with ancient runes on them...so...knowing what they say might be able to help me in the future" he said "its kinda like learning a foreign language" he said keeping his hands in his pockets as he walked next to her.

She seemed like a rather nice person. Granted he didn't know her all that well, but Noah felt like he had a sorta sixth sense on knowing if a person was good or not. As they walked Noah walked right passed the hall he was supposed to turn at and walked with her all the way to her classroom. He didn't mind really, it was lunch and most kids showed up late anyway. "if you ever want to see if it is something you'd be interested in I can let you borrow one of the books I have on it...since we have a class together it won't be hard for me to get it back if I ever need it." he said.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11