Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Another Heckin Fantasy Jump-in :D
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
Pith let out a yelp as the pile of hay shifted, almost tripping on a piece of sod as they took a step back-- their arm extended and shaking as if they held some kind of invisible shield. The creature that emerged was dark, smaller than Pith had expected and...

A fox?, Pith felt a tinge of embarrassment and was glad that no one else was around to them quivering over a small forest animal.

Lowering their arm, they stuffed the wooden sigils into their coat pocket and, in the same motion, bent and wrenched a rock out of the soft earth. Now brandishing this, Pith scowled at the creature and barked,

"Get out of here you mangy little--" and threw the stone at the fox.
Pith let out a yelp as the pile of hay shifted, almost tripping on a piece of sod as they took a step back-- their arm extended and shaking as if they held some kind of invisible shield. The creature that emerged was dark, smaller than Pith had expected and...

A fox?, Pith felt a tinge of embarrassment and was glad that no one else was around to them quivering over a small forest animal.

Lowering their arm, they stuffed the wooden sigils into their coat pocket and, in the same motion, bent and wrenched a rock out of the soft earth. Now brandishing this, Pith scowled at the creature and barked,

"Get out of here you mangy little--" and threw the stone at the fox.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
Sai the fox yelped and dodged the rock, creeping towards the door and then jumping back. Honestly, this human isn't particularly bright is he? he thought. What fox would run towards a human that just tried to hurt it to get out? He's standing right by the door. He backed into the other corner.
Sai the fox yelped and dodged the rock, creeping towards the door and then jumping back. Honestly, this human isn't particularly bright is he? he thought. What fox would run towards a human that just tried to hurt it to get out? He's standing right by the door. He backed into the other corner.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
Scowling at the animal, Pith glanced at the ground around them, only to find there was nothing else to throw except sod and a cluster of spiky flowering weeds.

Trying to force the fox out from within the stable was out of the question: Pith was obviously afraid of closing any gap of distance between themself and it, and being trapped in a small space with it was an even more unsettling scenario.

"You little idiot," they snapped, kicking at the stale hay closest to the stable door, and shot the animal another scathing look. Perhaps a second projectile would frighten it off?

They settled on the sod, picking it up off the earth quickly, and flung it at the fox.
Scowling at the animal, Pith glanced at the ground around them, only to find there was nothing else to throw except sod and a cluster of spiky flowering weeds.

Trying to force the fox out from within the stable was out of the question: Pith was obviously afraid of closing any gap of distance between themself and it, and being trapped in a small space with it was an even more unsettling scenario.

"You little idiot," they snapped, kicking at the stale hay closest to the stable door, and shot the animal another scathing look. Perhaps a second projectile would frighten it off?

They settled on the sod, picking it up off the earth quickly, and flung it at the fox.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
The fox yipped and dodged again, though a bit of it landed on his tail and he shook it off quickly. I can't leave until you get out of my WAY, stupid human! He advanced towards the door, then backed away again. Would you just move? Jeez.
The fox yipped and dodged again, though a bit of it landed on his tail and he shook it off quickly. I can't leave until you get out of my WAY, stupid human! He advanced towards the door, then backed away again. Would you just move? Jeez.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
"You're in his way." came an all too familiar voice from a few feet beyond the treeline. The Dryad was leaning on the rear fencing of the little cottage, staring at the pair. "Just step back and away... preferably to the side, he'll get out." She still looked phenomenally bored... Though in actuality, she'd come all this way specifically to bail them both out of an awkward situation.

A few moments ago, she'd paused in her staring at the Cat sith, and looked in the general direction of the cottage, before disappearing into the tree once more... Traveling from tree to tree in long strides that normal people could not see, she reached the edge of the treeline in just a few seconds... It was getting to the fence that was a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the roots of the trees here stretched quite a bit further than their branches would lead one to believe... mostly because the previous owner had asked to keep them trimmed back, to allow better light for their garden and stables... The dryad had been more than happy to let them trim the trees, so long as they planted another row of them just in front of the cottage, and all the way down to the main road...

You know...

Just in case she needed to get away from the forest... Funny how a few thousand years will give you that sense of forethought.

Admittedly, at the moment she didn't look all that much like a dryad... she'd taken a moment to shed her bark-like skin, leaving her a pale skinned beauty with hair the color of an autumn wood, and eyes a shade of red typically only seen in roses. She was draped in a loose white "cotton" "dress", though if examined particularly closely, one would notice it was actually spidersilk, just hung off her body... with a few spiders still attached. All in all, she looked like your typical tree-hugging hippy... Best not to startle the poor human much more. A woman out to enjoy the local forest is TOTALLY something that happens... and she just happened to catch him harassing the poor, sleepy little fox. She doesn't blame him... but best to at least act the part.
"You're in his way." came an all too familiar voice from a few feet beyond the treeline. The Dryad was leaning on the rear fencing of the little cottage, staring at the pair. "Just step back and away... preferably to the side, he'll get out." She still looked phenomenally bored... Though in actuality, she'd come all this way specifically to bail them both out of an awkward situation.

A few moments ago, she'd paused in her staring at the Cat sith, and looked in the general direction of the cottage, before disappearing into the tree once more... Traveling from tree to tree in long strides that normal people could not see, she reached the edge of the treeline in just a few seconds... It was getting to the fence that was a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the roots of the trees here stretched quite a bit further than their branches would lead one to believe... mostly because the previous owner had asked to keep them trimmed back, to allow better light for their garden and stables... The dryad had been more than happy to let them trim the trees, so long as they planted another row of them just in front of the cottage, and all the way down to the main road...

You know...

Just in case she needed to get away from the forest... Funny how a few thousand years will give you that sense of forethought.

Admittedly, at the moment she didn't look all that much like a dryad... she'd taken a moment to shed her bark-like skin, leaving her a pale skinned beauty with hair the color of an autumn wood, and eyes a shade of red typically only seen in roses. She was draped in a loose white "cotton" "dress", though if examined particularly closely, one would notice it was actually spidersilk, just hung off her body... with a few spiders still attached. All in all, she looked like your typical tree-hugging hippy... Best not to startle the poor human much more. A woman out to enjoy the local forest is TOTALLY something that happens... and she just happened to catch him harassing the poor, sleepy little fox. She doesn't blame him... but best to at least act the part.
Nextgenlogo.png
"You stupid li--"

""You're in his way."

Pith made a noise and spun suddenly, pulling their hands towards them as if the owner of the voice had threatened to stab them. It was a woman, dressed strangely-- so strangely that it made Pith somehow angrier.

They shot the cornered animal an incredulous look and glowered at the new arrival again,

"Who are you exactly," they said, stuffing their hand into the pocket and closing it around the wooden sigils and taking a small side step towards their front door, "Why are you trespassing on... my land."

The lie was less seamless than they'd intended but Pith compensated for the crack in their voice by squaring their shoulders as they attempted to look intimidating.
"You stupid li--"

""You're in his way."

Pith made a noise and spun suddenly, pulling their hands towards them as if the owner of the voice had threatened to stab them. It was a woman, dressed strangely-- so strangely that it made Pith somehow angrier.

They shot the cornered animal an incredulous look and glowered at the new arrival again,

"Who are you exactly," they said, stuffing their hand into the pocket and closing it around the wooden sigils and taking a small side step towards their front door, "Why are you trespassing on... my land."

The lie was less seamless than they'd intended but Pith compensated for the crack in their voice by squaring their shoulders as they attempted to look intimidating.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
"The land can't be owned, man... and I knew the old owner... Those runes are more for like... fortune telling and stuff, man..." she wiggled her fingers, entirely slipping into the hippy persona, just for giggles. "And names are for people who conform to societal ideals, man... I'm just ME, man..." (This hurts so much to write, oh my god)

"Like... I can show you how to use those, tho, dude, if you want. I'm not super into confined spaces tho, so you'd have to like... hang out with me out here... And leave the poor fox alone. He don't deserve your ire for just trying to catch a little shut eye, man... if he's hidin' out in your stable, it's probably because somethin' scared him out of his den, ya know? Crap, you're lucky he seems to be used to people... seen plenty of foxes just up and bite someone for backing them into a corner like that..."
"The land can't be owned, man... and I knew the old owner... Those runes are more for like... fortune telling and stuff, man..." she wiggled her fingers, entirely slipping into the hippy persona, just for giggles. "And names are for people who conform to societal ideals, man... I'm just ME, man..." (This hurts so much to write, oh my god)

"Like... I can show you how to use those, tho, dude, if you want. I'm not super into confined spaces tho, so you'd have to like... hang out with me out here... And leave the poor fox alone. He don't deserve your ire for just trying to catch a little shut eye, man... if he's hidin' out in your stable, it's probably because somethin' scared him out of his den, ya know? Crap, you're lucky he seems to be used to people... seen plenty of foxes just up and bite someone for backing them into a corner like that..."
Nextgenlogo.png
Flinching at the mention of "the previous owner", Pith wrenched the handful of woodchips from their pocket and brandished them at the stranger as if they were a more obvious weapon.

"Sh-shut up," they croaked, voice still shaking, "I owe this property and there was-- there was--"

The thought of the door creaking, the blood, flashed through them and Pith swallowed, trying again and with more ire,

"This has always been my land and these," they rattled the wood against itself, "I'll destroy you or any stupid animal that drags itself onto my property with them."
Flinching at the mention of "the previous owner", Pith wrenched the handful of woodchips from their pocket and brandished them at the stranger as if they were a more obvious weapon.

"Sh-shut up," they croaked, voice still shaking, "I owe this property and there was-- there was--"

The thought of the door creaking, the blood, flashed through them and Pith swallowed, trying again and with more ire,

"This has always been my land and these," they rattled the wood against itself, "I'll destroy you or any stupid animal that drags itself onto my property with them."
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
Her eyebrows arch, and she smiles at him idly. "Really now? I somehow doubt that..." she purrs out, still leaning on the fence. "See, I've been around for a pretty decently long while... and I know for a fact, you didn't always own this land... Now.. unfortunately the last owner didn't survive... but, well, no one gets out of life alive." She shrugs, and rolls on the fence, hanging over it backwards and staring at him.

"Now seriously, calm down, you're acting like the world is going to end if you speak to someone. Cant even say hello to your neighbor of..." she pauses, "How long have you been here?"
Her eyebrows arch, and she smiles at him idly. "Really now? I somehow doubt that..." she purrs out, still leaning on the fence. "See, I've been around for a pretty decently long while... and I know for a fact, you didn't always own this land... Now.. unfortunately the last owner didn't survive... but, well, no one gets out of life alive." She shrugs, and rolls on the fence, hanging over it backwards and staring at him.

"Now seriously, calm down, you're acting like the world is going to end if you speak to someone. Cant even say hello to your neighbor of..." she pauses, "How long have you been here?"
Nextgenlogo.png
There was a faint rumble, followed by a sound that could only accurately be described as, someone pouring a cup of tea...
A long sleek suit panted leg slid out from the faint darkened ripple in the air before slowly being followed by a white shirt and a dark red and black vest, the outfit bound together beautifully with a tie to hold the male's form...
His Red Skin accented the outfit nicely, the golden eyes peering out across his glasses...and he sighed, reaching up to draw his hair back, his horns, almost looking like just an extention of his face curved out from just above his elongated ears..
"I believe I've been here aswell...perhaps, diffrences can be minute I suppose." He muttered to himself, drawing a glass from the air, and starting to clean it as he slowly wandered ahead, finding himself accidentally walking towards some strangers.
Tho. everyone was.
There was a faint rumble, followed by a sound that could only accurately be described as, someone pouring a cup of tea...
A long sleek suit panted leg slid out from the faint darkened ripple in the air before slowly being followed by a white shirt and a dark red and black vest, the outfit bound together beautifully with a tie to hold the male's form...
His Red Skin accented the outfit nicely, the golden eyes peering out across his glasses...and he sighed, reaching up to draw his hair back, his horns, almost looking like just an extention of his face curved out from just above his elongated ears..
"I believe I've been here aswell...perhaps, diffrences can be minute I suppose." He muttered to himself, drawing a glass from the air, and starting to clean it as he slowly wandered ahead, finding himself accidentally walking towards some strangers.
Tho. everyone was.
_
I like to RP
_
If ya see any of my dragons you like! hit me up!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76