Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Another Heckin Fantasy Jump-in :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
(Kinda like Kitsune is literally translated as "Fox", lol. I do find it interesting that the lore they appear to be going off is actually the Supernatural/Teenwolf version of Kitsune, rather than traditional lore, but they did give more creative license for the sake of diversity.)
(Kinda like Kitsune is literally translated as "Fox", lol. I do find it interesting that the lore they appear to be going off is actually the Supernatural/Teenwolf version of Kitsune, rather than traditional lore, but they did give more creative license for the sake of diversity.)
Nextgenlogo.png
(Yea I know but big oof, I would rather know about their original traditional lore than anything. The more ancient the lore is, the more interesting it is)
(Yea I know but big oof, I would rather know about their original traditional lore than anything. The more ancient the lore is, the more interesting it is)
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
(Oh yea, no, that's why I was like "Black kitsune? But in traditional lore, Black foxes, and foxes in general, are considered GOOD omens".. so I had to look it up. Apparently he'd be a "Void" kitsune according to the chart thingy, and be considers a Nogitsune in traditional lore... or a kitsune who is not a follower of Inari, the goddess of Rice and Agriculture. Considered to be Mischief makers and generally malevolent, but not all of them are.)
(Oh yea, no, that's why I was like "Black kitsune? But in traditional lore, Black foxes, and foxes in general, are considered GOOD omens".. so I had to look it up. Apparently he'd be a "Void" kitsune according to the chart thingy, and be considers a Nogitsune in traditional lore... or a kitsune who is not a follower of Inari, the goddess of Rice and Agriculture. Considered to be Mischief makers and generally malevolent, but not all of them are.)
Nextgenlogo.png
(Depends on if it’s from the lore from China or Japan, but yea over all I still like that kind of lore)
(Depends on if it’s from the lore from China or Japan, but yea over all I still like that kind of lore)
(Oh, Chinese Fox spirits are considered somewhat different, not called Kitsune, at least. There's also a Korean variant. I do like the fact that the Teenwolf set appears to have actually combined a few lores to make their own.. like there being 13 different types of Kitsune all ascribed to different elements.. little odd, since Kitsune are traditionally fire spirits and guardians... but... eeeh)
(Oh, Chinese Fox spirits are considered somewhat different, not called Kitsune, at least. There's also a Korean variant. I do like the fact that the Teenwolf set appears to have actually combined a few lores to make their own.. like there being 13 different types of Kitsune all ascribed to different elements.. little odd, since Kitsune are traditionally fire spirits and guardians... but... eeeh)
Nextgenlogo.png
(So, Sai is a kind of lore-hybrid. V.D, teen wolf, SPN, and the actual kitsune mythology. He's very confusing to everyone and has control over nature)
(So, Sai is a kind of lore-hybrid. V.D, teen wolf, SPN, and the actual kitsune mythology. He's very confusing to everyone and has control over nature)
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
(Yea, and for me what it sounds like, I really prefer to pay attention to the original and not twisting lore to their own things so much. I like a lot of creativity in a completely different world. So yea)
(Yea, and for me what it sounds like, I really prefer to pay attention to the original and not twisting lore to their own things so much. I like a lot of creativity in a completely different world. So yea)
(Eh... My Dryad is just... a Dryad, very typical Seelie court nature fae. Very, VERY old, transplanted from Ireland when the original sets of indentureds came across (Assuming this is set in "Fantasy" America) She's actually been through several trees (As they do actually have natural lifespans, and die out of old age eventually) has several dryad daughters, and a son (who isn't a dryad because dryads can only be female) and has had multiple husbands (Not just slaves/serfs, HUSBANDS, very odd for a dryad)... most of them human, tho the son is actually the child of a leannan sidhe (High elf, essentially))
(Eh... My Dryad is just... a Dryad, very typical Seelie court nature fae. Very, VERY old, transplanted from Ireland when the original sets of indentureds came across (Assuming this is set in "Fantasy" America) She's actually been through several trees (As they do actually have natural lifespans, and die out of old age eventually) has several dryad daughters, and a son (who isn't a dryad because dryads can only be female) and has had multiple husbands (Not just slaves/serfs, HUSBANDS, very odd for a dryad)... most of them human, tho the son is actually the child of a leannan sidhe (High elf, essentially))
Nextgenlogo.png
Pith stood motionless for another moment, their brow furrowed as they tried to decide what to do. They were-- as with most skills-- not talented or even competent at fighting and the only possible means of defending themself were the strips of wood marked with sigils that the previous occupant of the cottage had left behind.

A beat.

Before Pith stumbled forwards, fishing a handful of the wooden strips from a basket perched on the edge of the cottage kitchen counter. Stepping over a few stacks of paper, they crept towards the front door and, after taking a deep breath, flung it open-- and was met with the familiar line of ancient, dark boughed pines.

Pith looked sidelong at the stable and swallowed, holding out the handful of sigils in front of them.

"Whoever's in there--" they said loudly but not nearly as intimidating as they had intended, "This is-- This is my private property and if you don't leave I'll be forced to-- remove you."
Pith stood motionless for another moment, their brow furrowed as they tried to decide what to do. They were-- as with most skills-- not talented or even competent at fighting and the only possible means of defending themself were the strips of wood marked with sigils that the previous occupant of the cottage had left behind.

A beat.

Before Pith stumbled forwards, fishing a handful of the wooden strips from a basket perched on the edge of the cottage kitchen counter. Stepping over a few stacks of paper, they crept towards the front door and, after taking a deep breath, flung it open-- and was met with the familiar line of ancient, dark boughed pines.

Pith looked sidelong at the stable and swallowed, holding out the handful of sigils in front of them.

"Whoever's in there--" they said loudly but not nearly as intimidating as they had intended, "This is-- This is my private property and if you don't leave I'll be forced to-- remove you."
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
Sai woke up, yawned, and wriggled his way out from under the hay. Perhaps it was best to play Cute Little Fox with this human. He shook himself a bit and scratched his pelt, trying to get all the hay out. Then he 'noticed' the human standing there and froze in place, eyes wide with fear.
Sai woke up, yawned, and wriggled his way out from under the hay. Perhaps it was best to play Cute Little Fox with this human. He shook himself a bit and scratched his pelt, trying to get all the hay out. Then he 'noticed' the human standing there and froze in place, eyes wide with fear.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76