Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Another Heckin Fantasy Jump-in :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
"Black tails, darling. Best to live up to the expectations." He raised the single tail he was showing to make his point. "Not sure if you've read the lore, but apparently the color of our tails reflect our souls, or something like that. It's easier to be what I'm assumed to be right from the start rather than watch people glare at me and wonder when- not if, when- I'm going to betray them." He stretched and shrugged unconcernedly. "Nothing I do matters to anyone else, so why should I play nice?" Without another word, he shifted into his fox form and disappeared into the forest. Yes, he knew the dryad could easily find him again, but the others? Not really. He reached a small cottage near the edge of the forest- there we go, now I'm hidden from all of them- and padded into the stable, curling up comfortably on a pile of hay.
"Black tails, darling. Best to live up to the expectations." He raised the single tail he was showing to make his point. "Not sure if you've read the lore, but apparently the color of our tails reflect our souls, or something like that. It's easier to be what I'm assumed to be right from the start rather than watch people glare at me and wonder when- not if, when- I'm going to betray them." He stretched and shrugged unconcernedly. "Nothing I do matters to anyone else, so why should I play nice?" Without another word, he shifted into his fox form and disappeared into the forest. Yes, he knew the dryad could easily find him again, but the others? Not really. He reached a small cottage near the edge of the forest- there we go, now I'm hidden from all of them- and padded into the stable, curling up comfortably on a pile of hay.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
[center][url=https://twitter.com/BITEGHOST_][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/489443234037235725/707665927893942352/10386425_z01MjSljD0iZSkM.png[/img][/url] - - - - - -[/center] The owner of the cottage was inside, unaware of the intruder who had slunk into their empty, derelict stable. Pith Molok themself wasn't dedicated enough to raise horse or even brave enough to ride them and regarded all animals the way one does a stain on their favorite shirt. The only reason they lived so close to the forest at all was for the silence-- the lack of having people, creatures prodding at them for sociability or unwanted responsibilities. The seclusion made for good studying, made for endless hours to dry herbs and scratch away at parchment with Pith's frayed feather pen that looked moments from disintegrating at all times. They were at the window, though it was the one facing away from the forest, and had just strung up a bead of pearl onions when they heard something shuffle on the otherside of the thin wood. Pith froze and listened.
10386425_z01MjSljD0iZSkM.png

- - - - - -

The owner of the cottage was inside, unaware of the intruder who had slunk into their empty, derelict stable. Pith Molok themself wasn't dedicated enough to raise horse or even brave enough to ride them and regarded all animals the way one does a stain on their favorite shirt.

The only reason they lived so close to the forest at all was for the silence-- the lack of having people, creatures prodding at them for sociability or unwanted responsibilities. The seclusion made for good studying, made for endless hours to dry herbs and scratch away at parchment with Pith's frayed feather pen that looked moments from disintegrating at all times.

They were at the window, though it was the one facing away from the forest, and had just strung up a bead of pearl onions when they heard something shuffle on the otherside of the thin wood. Pith froze and listened.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
After a while, Sol begun to open her sharp, red cat eyes to see her wounds gone. Sol looked up to see two creatures close by, but knows there was probably one missing. “Who are you two?” She asked. She could see one was a hybrid and the other is a Dryad, but has no idea what they call themselves. Sol then stood up as she looked around for a bit. “Wasn’t there another person here?” She asked, maybe she can Thank the other person. But where exactly was that person?
After a while, Sol begun to open her sharp, red cat eyes to see her wounds gone. Sol looked up to see two creatures close by, but knows there was probably one missing. “Who are you two?” She asked. She could see one was a hybrid and the other is a Dryad, but has no idea what they call themselves. Sol then stood up as she looked around for a bit. “Wasn’t there another person here?” She asked, maybe she can Thank the other person. But where exactly was that person?
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
There was a spike in the human occupant's scent. Alarm. Did he know there was something in his stable..? He burrowed under the hay to hide himself, not wanting to interact with anyone, and fell asleep. It was pretty old, but very comfortable.
There was a spike in the human occupant's scent. Alarm. Did he know there was something in his stable..? He burrowed under the hay to hide himself, not wanting to interact with anyone, and fell asleep. It was pretty old, but very comfortable.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
"The Kitsune left you after healing you." the Dryad responds in a blithe fashion, rolling a woody hand in the air. "As you do." Rolling to stare at the cat, she blinked fiery red eyes in boredom. "You're not as interesting as he was. I didnt get to ask why people were being so rude about him being Black... last I checked, a black fox was a GOOD omen. I mean yes, my daughter is a long, long way away, but we still speak regularly." she tilts her head, humming. "You were the one who asked my name, yes? I have none, but I have been known by many. The last was Caillte, you may call me that, or pick another, I care little."

She rolled back onto the branch, humming, "... Wait... so if people assume he's a bad person, does that mean he's a nogitsune, not a kitsune? Classifications within castes is always so complicated... Though deciding to live TO the stereotype is in really poor form, if you're going to get pissy when people call you out for it."
"The Kitsune left you after healing you." the Dryad responds in a blithe fashion, rolling a woody hand in the air. "As you do." Rolling to stare at the cat, she blinked fiery red eyes in boredom. "You're not as interesting as he was. I didnt get to ask why people were being so rude about him being Black... last I checked, a black fox was a GOOD omen. I mean yes, my daughter is a long, long way away, but we still speak regularly." she tilts her head, humming. "You were the one who asked my name, yes? I have none, but I have been known by many. The last was Caillte, you may call me that, or pick another, I care little."

She rolled back onto the branch, humming, "... Wait... so if people assume he's a bad person, does that mean he's a nogitsune, not a kitsune? Classifications within castes is always so complicated... Though deciding to live TO the stereotype is in really poor form, if you're going to get pissy when people call you out for it."
Nextgenlogo.png
(She isn’t a neko, take a good look at the picture on page 1. She is an actual cat person, with a mask and cloak. But her real species would be revealed later)
(She isn’t a neko, take a good look at the picture on page 1. She is an actual cat person, with a mask and cloak. But her real species would be revealed later)
(So... cat sith, essentially?)
(So... cat sith, essentially?)
Nextgenlogo.png
(Kinda Yes)
(Kinda Yes)
(*thumbsup* Admittedly, Neko literally just means cat (I was tempted to say nekomata) but they only have one tail)
(*thumbsup* Admittedly, Neko literally just means cat (I was tempted to say nekomata) but they only have one tail)
Nextgenlogo.png
(Oh ok then)
(Oh ok then)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76