Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | brainstorming w/ Sunnycat4
1 2
@Sunnycat4

Gonna pretty this up if/when we get things rolling, so it's just gonna serve as a brainstorming thread for now!

So, before we get into any plot things—what method would you want to use for turning our main characters into dragons? Would you want the world to actually be a fabrication in the end, like VR or a dream, or would you want our characters to be physically turned into dragons via some form of magic or rebirth?
@Sunnycat4

Gonna pretty this up if/when we get things rolling, so it's just gonna serve as a brainstorming thread for now!

So, before we get into any plot things—what method would you want to use for turning our main characters into dragons? Would you want the world to actually be a fabrication in the end, like VR or a dream, or would you want our characters to be physically turned into dragons via some form of magic or rebirth?
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
I personally prefer the "phyically changed" option, it makes things seem that much more important. The ways this could be accomplishmed are many. Going along the instuted with magic, there ard a couple main ones that come to mind, such as the rebirth into a different form path, or perhaps being ground into dust and reshaped by a deity of some sort. They could have been forced to consume some sort of experimental potion of some sort, or, going alone the deities did this line again, they could have been put through a sort of artifical metamorphosis. If we wanted it could even be a form of shape shifting that went horribly wrong. I can spout off more ideas, it all just depends on how technologically or magically advanced we want the world to be.

And I'm subbed, no need to ping me anymore.
I personally prefer the "phyically changed" option, it makes things seem that much more important. The ways this could be accomplishmed are many. Going along the instuted with magic, there ard a couple main ones that come to mind, such as the rebirth into a different form path, or perhaps being ground into dust and reshaped by a deity of some sort. They could have been forced to consume some sort of experimental potion of some sort, or, going alone the deities did this line again, they could have been put through a sort of artifical metamorphosis. If we wanted it could even be a form of shape shifting that went horribly wrong. I can spout off more ideas, it all just depends on how technologically or magically advanced we want the world to be.

And I'm subbed, no need to ping me anymore.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
Same, honestly. Makes the stakes a lot better, too!
yOO all of these are wicked cool! "Being ground into dust and reshaped by a deity," "Forced to consume some sort of experimental potion," and "Being put through a sort of artificial metamorphosis" all stood out the most, to me. Which actually makes me think... what if our characters went through different rebriths, as opposed to both of them going through the same one? Somehow they ended up together, despite having wildly different experiences?
mMM yeah. I was kind of thinking classic medieval fantasy, but... for some reason, now I'm thinking almost Victorian-Era fantasy. I have no idea why?? But having that mix of steampunky-magic tech might be fun!

I'm subbed too~
Same, honestly. Makes the stakes a lot better, too!
yOO all of these are wicked cool! "Being ground into dust and reshaped by a deity," "Forced to consume some sort of experimental potion," and "Being put through a sort of artificial metamorphosis" all stood out the most, to me. Which actually makes me think... what if our characters went through different rebriths, as opposed to both of them going through the same one? Somehow they ended up together, despite having wildly different experiences?
mMM yeah. I was kind of thinking classic medieval fantasy, but... for some reason, now I'm thinking almost Victorian-Era fantasy. I have no idea why?? But having that mix of steampunky-magic tech might be fun!

I'm subbed too~
How about we do a combination? Pull the elements we want from all generas. Such as the the society systems of the Victorian era, such as there are kings and kingdoms, the poor struggle and the rich live in drama. The technological prowess of the steam punk genra, and just about every thing from the fantastical genra. For example,

"The sun shone over the the plains of rippling grass, which seemed to go on forever. Drifting over the plains were floating islands, which seemed to sail through the clouds like boats of earth. "Insert Character" turned around and shifted to the other side of the wall that surrounded the city. It was, in a word, beautiful, but they would rather be soaring over the plains then stuck on watch duty. The high pointed rooves of the buildings glisened, still wet with morning dew while the windows simmered with frost yet to melt. The early morning trams were starting up, belching smoke into the sky as the creatures of living metal awoke for their work. The one at the station currently resembled a boar, mouth spread wide as conductors shovled coal inside. Why couldent "character's gender"'s apprentence be ready earlier? Sigh, she wasn't due for a couple more months. As they watched, a ritchly dressed woman, covered in layers of cloth and skirts, emerged from a building to begin yelling at the workers."

I personally love world building, and I have a ton more though up, I just wanted to see if you would be into this kind of world or not first. Just tell me if ya want me to spout off more or come up with something new.
How about we do a combination? Pull the elements we want from all generas. Such as the the society systems of the Victorian era, such as there are kings and kingdoms, the poor struggle and the rich live in drama. The technological prowess of the steam punk genra, and just about every thing from the fantastical genra. For example,

"The sun shone over the the plains of rippling grass, which seemed to go on forever. Drifting over the plains were floating islands, which seemed to sail through the clouds like boats of earth. "Insert Character" turned around and shifted to the other side of the wall that surrounded the city. It was, in a word, beautiful, but they would rather be soaring over the plains then stuck on watch duty. The high pointed rooves of the buildings glisened, still wet with morning dew while the windows simmered with frost yet to melt. The early morning trams were starting up, belching smoke into the sky as the creatures of living metal awoke for their work. The one at the station currently resembled a boar, mouth spread wide as conductors shovled coal inside. Why couldent "character's gender"'s apprentence be ready earlier? Sigh, she wasn't due for a couple more months. As they watched, a ritchly dressed woman, covered in layers of cloth and skirts, emerged from a building to begin yelling at the workers."

I personally love world building, and I have a ton more though up, I just wanted to see if you would be into this kind of world or not first. Just tell me if ya want me to spout off more or come up with something new.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
bit of a late response, but yeS, yES, YES AND moRE yES??? I loVE the idea of these like, hybrid-towns, and Extra Fancy nobles strutting around in their steam-powered carriages. Give me... knights with mechanical horses..... that mental image alone is really cool

That snippet is grEAT oh my god... I'm loving this already

Continue to spout off, I love where this is going so far!!
bit of a late response, but yeS, yES, YES AND moRE yES??? I loVE the idea of these like, hybrid-towns, and Extra Fancy nobles strutting around in their steam-powered carriages. Give me... knights with mechanical horses..... that mental image alone is really cool

That snippet is grEAT oh my god... I'm loving this already

Continue to spout off, I love where this is going so far!!
Ok, long series of posts time, watch out.
History
In the beginning our planet was just like any other, a dead lump of rock hurtling through space. Our sun had just awoken and began collecting planets, so even our sky was still learning, new stars collecting within. It was a set of primal deties that brough us life, fleeing the tameness of their original home. The first to come was a beast of fire, wild and monstrous. It awoke a fire in our planets belly and a need for life and growth. The water and stone creatures came next. The beast of water and the beast of fire instantly began warring, while the beast of stone began shaping the plannet. It was constantly dismayed at the destruction the warring caused to its beautiful work, however, so it too joined in the fighting. After hundreds years worth of battle, the creatures began to tire and cease their wars. It was then the final two primal deties arrived, that of nature and that of wind. Where the primal of nature walked, life sprung up, endless forests and grassy plains. The wind deity spread it's work even faster pulling seeds along in the breeze to new places. However it became over excited and sometimes pulled chunks of the land into the sky and caused them to become suspended there, creating the floating islands. The warring deities could feel the land becoming tame and quickly fled once again. Nature and wind stayed for hundreds of more years to implant ecosystems and weather systems. When they looked upon the planet and called it perfect, that was when they decided to leave. Before they left they created two sets of Gods. A pantheon of stick like figures, bipedal and intellegent, in the likeness of a planet they had passed by on the way, one the inhabitants called Earth. They however gave their creatures much more varity, like horns, scales, and fur, vibrant skin tones, and sometimes even hoves, wings, or tails. The second set only contained two, set in the likeness of tje primals themselves.

WIP
Ok, long series of posts time, watch out.
History
In the beginning our planet was just like any other, a dead lump of rock hurtling through space. Our sun had just awoken and began collecting planets, so even our sky was still learning, new stars collecting within. It was a set of primal deties that brough us life, fleeing the tameness of their original home. The first to come was a beast of fire, wild and monstrous. It awoke a fire in our planets belly and a need for life and growth. The water and stone creatures came next. The beast of water and the beast of fire instantly began warring, while the beast of stone began shaping the plannet. It was constantly dismayed at the destruction the warring caused to its beautiful work, however, so it too joined in the fighting. After hundreds years worth of battle, the creatures began to tire and cease their wars. It was then the final two primal deties arrived, that of nature and that of wind. Where the primal of nature walked, life sprung up, endless forests and grassy plains. The wind deity spread it's work even faster pulling seeds along in the breeze to new places. However it became over excited and sometimes pulled chunks of the land into the sky and caused them to become suspended there, creating the floating islands. The warring deities could feel the land becoming tame and quickly fled once again. Nature and wind stayed for hundreds of more years to implant ecosystems and weather systems. When they looked upon the planet and called it perfect, that was when they decided to leave. Before they left they created two sets of Gods. A pantheon of stick like figures, bipedal and intellegent, in the likeness of a planet they had passed by on the way, one the inhabitants called Earth. They however gave their creatures much more varity, like horns, scales, and fur, vibrant skin tones, and sometimes even hoves, wings, or tails. The second set only contained two, set in the likeness of tje primals themselves.

WIP
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
oOOOO I lOVE This mythology so far !! the primals are a cool idea, and I love the idea that this Isn't Earth, but it's inhabitants were inspired by humans.

As a quick note, I've actually got an idea rumbling around for my character. A sailor, reshaped by a deity of the ocean. Though, she's a huge blank slate other than her dragon-design and name.
oOOOO I lOVE This mythology so far !! the primals are a cool idea, and I love the idea that this Isn't Earth, but it's inhabitants were inspired by humans.

As a quick note, I've actually got an idea rumbling around for my character. A sailor, reshaped by a deity of the ocean. Though, she's a huge blank slate other than her dragon-design and name.
Before I start finalizing lore, would you mind telling me what kind of dragon your character is? Would she be a more western dragon? Because in my concept, whitch will be better explained later the water, earth, and nature elements follow the western body style, while wind and fire follow the eastern body style. I swear I will explain the transformation better later.
Before I start finalizing lore, would you mind telling me what kind of dragon your character is? Would she be a more western dragon? Because in my concept, whitch will be better explained later the water, earth, and nature elements follow the western body style, while wind and fire follow the eastern body style. I swear I will explain the transformation better later.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
Oo, she's gonna fit perfectly with the ocean-deity idea, since she's a western-style dragon! (I've actually got a toyhouse page for her dragon form. I'm actually thinking about making her canon backstory that she's a reincarnated sailor, since she's currently a blank slate)
You're good, no worries~ Looking forward to reading what you're cooking up :o
Oo, she's gonna fit perfectly with the ocean-deity idea, since she's a western-style dragon! (I've actually got a toyhouse page for her dragon form. I'm actually thinking about making her canon backstory that she's a reincarnated sailor, since she's currently a blank slate)
You're good, no worries~ Looking forward to reading what you're cooking up :o
Dragons

Westerns/Cinis
Western dragons, know as Cinis in this world, are, surprisingly the calmer species of dragons. They all mainly worship their God Navrae, but otherwise don't have much to do with each other. They spend their lives solitary from others of their species, serving as workers and guardians for humanoid settlements. There is no central government for them either, they typically serve the kingdom they move to.

The transformation is almost completely different from that of the Easterns. They are not picky with who they choose to become a new dragon, but they primarily choose healthy young adults. The process takes about only two months for Navrae to create a new dragon, but he only does it once every two years, as not to overpopulate. As for afterward, a well settled dragon will raise a new transform for ten years, then release them to their own lives.

Easterns/Sirpe
Eastern dragons, known a Sirpe, are extraordinarily organised. They worship the Goddess Retou, and have primarily built their society around her.
Dragons

Westerns/Cinis
Western dragons, know as Cinis in this world, are, surprisingly the calmer species of dragons. They all mainly worship their God Navrae, but otherwise don't have much to do with each other. They spend their lives solitary from others of their species, serving as workers and guardians for humanoid settlements. There is no central government for them either, they typically serve the kingdom they move to.

The transformation is almost completely different from that of the Easterns. They are not picky with who they choose to become a new dragon, but they primarily choose healthy young adults. The process takes about only two months for Navrae to create a new dragon, but he only does it once every two years, as not to overpopulate. As for afterward, a well settled dragon will raise a new transform for ten years, then release them to their own lives.

Easterns/Sirpe
Eastern dragons, known a Sirpe, are extraordinarily organised. They worship the Goddess Retou, and have primarily built their society around her.
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt