Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub]To be completely honest, Matcha wasn't exactly a stranger to having just a tad more than nothing in his pouch. For some reason, people didn't always seem to appreciate his artistry— even more often than that, they actively disliked him for reasons he couldn't quite comprehend (though that wasn't saying much, comprehension was not one of his many skills). He observes the coins in his hands before gently tucking them away into a pocket sewn to the inside of his cloak, tilting his head much like a curious dog. There was little about the situation that he understood, but now that the tense air was fading, he resorted to being as upbeat as he could manage— that usually helped. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I don't know what's happening most of the time and things usually turn out quite alright for me![/i][/color]" The man chirps, lacing his fingers together at his waist and giving a toothy grin. "[i][color="#53C86D"]So I'm sure we'll be fine— but investigating does sound like a splendid idea![/i][/color]" A momentary pause. "[i][color="#53C86D"]Where was the Cairn again? I don't believe I've ventured there yet. Or if I have, I've forgotten—[/i][/color]" ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

To be completely honest, Matcha wasn't exactly a stranger to having just a tad more than nothing in his pouch. For some reason, people didn't always seem to appreciate his artistry— even more often than that, they actively disliked him for reasons he couldn't quite comprehend (though that wasn't saying much, comprehension was not one of his many skills). He observes the coins in his hands before gently tucking them away into a pocket sewn to the inside of his cloak, tilting his head much like a curious dog.

There was little about the situation that he understood, but now that the tense air was fading, he resorted to being as upbeat as he could manage— that usually helped. "I don't know what's happening most of the time and things usually turn out quite alright for me!" The man chirps, lacing his fingers together at his waist and giving a toothy grin. "So I'm sure we'll be fine— but investigating does sound like a splendid idea!" A momentary pause. "Where was the Cairn again? I don't believe I've ventured there yet. Or if I have, I've forgotten—"

[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51316250][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/513163/51316250.png[/img][/url][/center]----- [font=times new roman]Talle turned the handful of coins she'd receive over a few times before tucking them away in a pocket. It wasn't a large sum, not to rival what she saw handed out to many of the others, but if she was honest treasure was never really an objective. A nice thing, sure, made for smoothing down life's long roads, but not a necessity. She'd got on just fine in the desert with little more than her skill and her family; now would be no different. Still...had she rubbed the skydancer--Seraphina, as Talle learned her name was--the wrong way in their earlier interaction? She sincerely hoped that wasn't the case, as an alliance within so large a band would be useful if things started to disintegrate. Regardless, the conversation was moving along and Talle had no time to think. When the Wind coatl-descendant, Matcha, spoke, he mentioned an area where Talle [i]did[/i] know something. She turned to him and replied, [b]"I, too, haven't the foggiest clue as to this situation, but would the 'Cairn' you speak of happen to be the temple at the foot of the crystal? I believe I saw the name somewhere over there when I wandered past earlier."[/b] Perhaps this would spark the coatl-dracare's memory, or Seraphina's if she had noticed a sign at their earlier meeting. -----
51316250.png

Talle turned the handful of coins she'd receive over a few times before tucking them away in a pocket. It wasn't a large sum, not to rival what she saw handed out to many of the others, but if she was honest treasure was never really an objective. A nice thing, sure, made for smoothing down life's long roads, but not a necessity. She'd got on just fine in the desert with little more than her skill and her family; now would be no different.

Still...had she rubbed the skydancer--Seraphina, as Talle learned her name was--the wrong way in their earlier interaction? She sincerely hoped that wasn't the case, as an alliance within so large a band would be useful if things started to disintegrate.

Regardless, the conversation was moving along and Talle had no time to think. When the Wind coatl-descendant, Matcha, spoke, he mentioned an area where Talle did know something.

She turned to him and replied, "I, too, haven't the foggiest clue as to this situation, but would the 'Cairn' you speak of happen to be the temple at the foot of the crystal? I believe I saw the name somewhere over there when I wandered past earlier."

Perhaps this would spark the coatl-dracare's memory, or Seraphina's if she had noticed a sign at their earlier meeting.

LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[columns]Despite being among the last to leave, Psilocybe had never felt gladder to be outside a tent in his life. He'd been silent throughout the whole interaction, fidgeting uncomfortably with his long nails and chewing his upper lip. The fresh air of the outdoors had breathed some life back into him, but even out here in the open, he still kept a tight grip on his staff. Obviously, the idea that he and the strangers around him were "chosen" for some special purpose had given him some pause. But it wasn't [i]that[/i] thought that now filled him with a creeping, nauseating anxiety. Back to Croswell. The last time he'd been there, he'd disappointed his mother and ran away like a starry-eyed teenager eloping with a forbidden love. One of the strangers asked a question, which jarred him out of his thoughts. He did his best to swallow his emotions and regain his composure. [b]"Oh, the Cairn?"[/b] he said with a sniff, blind to the fact that the question had already been answered. [b]"It's at the base of the big crystal. Of course."[/b][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/473969/47396863.png[/img][/columns]
Despite being among the last to leave, Psilocybe had never felt gladder to be outside a tent in his life. He'd been silent throughout the whole interaction, fidgeting uncomfortably with his long nails and chewing his upper lip. The fresh air of the outdoors had breathed some life back into him, but even out here in the open, he still kept a tight grip on his staff.

Obviously, the idea that he and the strangers around him were "chosen" for some special purpose had given him some pause. But it wasn't that thought that now filled him with a creeping, nauseating anxiety.

Back to Croswell. The last time he'd been there, he'd disappointed his mother and ran away like a starry-eyed teenager eloping with a forbidden love.

One of the strangers asked a question, which jarred him out of his thoughts. He did his best to swallow his emotions and regain his composure.

"Oh, the Cairn?" he said with a sniff, blind to the fact that the question had already been answered. "It's at the base of the big crystal. Of course."
47396863.png
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina gave a decisive nod, looking at Talle for a moment with the smallest of smiles. "Talle and I were about to investigate the area before we were herded into this group," she added on. "I don't really... know too much about this whole... god situation, but... I'll definitely be headed there first to learn what I can. Anyone else is welcome to join me." In fact, she rather hoped someone did, so she wouldn't have to wander aimlessly about this place on her own. She wasn't nervous by any means, but it was always safer to travel in a clan. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina gave a decisive nod, looking at Talle for a moment with the smallest of smiles.

"Talle and I were about to investigate the area before we were herded into this group," she added on. "I don't really... know too much about this whole... god situation, but... I'll definitely be headed there first to learn what I can. Anyone else is welcome to join me." In fact, she rather hoped someone did, so she wouldn't have to wander aimlessly about this place on her own. She wasn't nervous by any means, but it was always safer to travel in a clan.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
"Lead the way," Mazon said, picking her familiar up. The Floracat squirmed and tried to get down, but the Pearlcatcher kept a firm grip on it.
"Lead the way," Mazon said, picking her familiar up. The Floracat squirmed and tried to get down, but the Pearlcatcher kept a firm grip on it.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[center]------------------ [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/jvDAo3N.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol]The Cairn huh... Hmm. Well, maybe he could make a little detour first. The Shadowbinder would probably appreciate an offering... "I'll catch up with you guys, I promise!" Did he have any business promising people he barely knew? Likely not, but he did mean it, as he started on a quick jog towards where he knew there was bread and meat and [i]mead![/i][/columns] ------------------[/center]

jvDAo3N.png ... The Cairn huh... Hmm. Well, maybe he could make a little detour first. The Shadowbinder would probably appreciate an offering...

"I'll catch up with you guys, I promise!"

Did he have any business promising people he barely knew? Likely not, but he did mean it, as he started on a quick jog towards where he knew there was bread and meat and mead!

9ShTRPz.png
> The Hive
> For Sale
> Brewing, Nest Rental & Lore Shop
Vida nodded, turning to follow the skydancer. She seemed to be the most straightforward of the lot, and Vida did want to see the area for herself.

"There is safety in numbers," she said quietly, "and many of us are not properly armed, yet."
Vida nodded, turning to follow the skydancer. She seemed to be the most straightforward of the lot, and Vida did want to see the area for herself.

"There is safety in numbers," she said quietly, "and many of us are not properly armed, yet."
a8byJKr.gif
[b]Behrad[/b][emoji=plague rune size=1] Behrad shrugged, following the group's general consensus to head to the cairn. "Might as well head over there, we aren't gonna make much progress standing around." He huffed, suppressing another yawn. He eyed the nocturne who said they would catch up warily, as he made his way towards the front of the group. He didn't know what they were up to, but he did know that he didn't have enough knowledge of this group to trust anyone, and one going off on their own was worthy of suspicion in his eyes. He shook his worries away with a huff, resolving to start slowly walking towards the Cairn. It was no business of his what dragons were off doing things on their own, no matter how suspicious it was, he decided, as he dragged his feet along the dusty path to the cairn.
Behrad

Behrad shrugged, following the group's general consensus to head to the cairn. "Might as well head over there, we aren't gonna make much progress standing around." He huffed, suppressing another yawn.

He eyed the nocturne who said they would catch up warily, as he made his way towards the front of the group. He didn't know what they were up to, but he did know that he didn't have enough knowledge of this group to trust anyone, and one going off on their own was worthy of suspicion in his eyes.

He shook his worries away with a huff, resolving to start slowly walking towards the Cairn. It was no business of his what dragons were off doing things on their own, no matter how suspicious it was, he decided, as he dragged his feet along the dusty path to the cairn.
MBjujvx.png
[columns][font=times new roman]It looked like a visit to the Cairn was the general decision of a few of the group, although Deimos split off in the direction of-- Autiot didn't really know what was in that direction, but he imagined that's where the food was judging by the smells wafting from there. [b]"I'd be happy to join you all in going to the Cairn,"[/b] Autiot rumbled calmly. He wasn't sure if he trusted Vida's statement of safety in numbers; he doubted they'd run into anything of danger in camp, other than Wrath and Katherina to a small extent it didn't seem like many dractare around here were itching for conflict. Still, if there was any truth at all to the Founders statements it was likely he'd need to know these people, or at least encourage them along. To break from his thoughts, Autiot simply wandered closer to Seraphina and let his feet follow in whatever path she took.[/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
It looked like a visit to the Cairn was the general decision of a few of the group, although Deimos split off in the direction of-- Autiot didn't really know what was in that direction, but he imagined that's where the food was judging by the smells wafting from there.

"I'd be happy to join you all in going to the Cairn," Autiot rumbled calmly. He wasn't sure if he trusted Vida's statement of safety in numbers; he doubted they'd run into anything of danger in camp, other than Wrath and Katherina to a small extent it didn't seem like many dractare around here were itching for conflict.

Still, if there was any truth at all to the Founders statements it was likely he'd need to know these people, or at least encourage them along.

To break from his thoughts, Autiot simply wandered closer to Seraphina and let his feet follow in whatever path she took.
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51316250][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/513163/51316250.png[/img][/url][/center]----- [font=times new roman]Talle caught Seraphina's eye for a moment and returned the dractare's subtle smile, her vague suspicions of having said something out of place melting quickly away. She nodded along with the skydancer-descendent's words, eager to make tracks back for the Cairn; the strange circumstances only served to further her innate curiosity over the temple. [b]"I'll gladly come with,"[/b] she said, eager in a way that felt childish, [b]"It'll be good to figure out as much as we can before we head off for Croswell."[/b] The leaders of the camp had mentioned as much as a week of time before they departed, but Talle didn't doubt for a second that they'd be set on their way much quicker than that. The letter had sounded pretty urgent--what little she'd heard of it, anyways. -----
51316250.png

Talle caught Seraphina's eye for a moment and returned the dractare's subtle smile, her vague suspicions of having said something out of place melting quickly away. She nodded along with the skydancer-descendent's words, eager to make tracks back for the Cairn; the strange circumstances only served to further her innate curiosity over the temple.

"I'll gladly come with," she said, eager in a way that felt childish, "It'll be good to figure out as much as we can before we head off for Croswell." The leaders of the camp had mentioned as much as a week of time before they departed, but Talle didn't doubt for a second that they'd be set on their way much quicker than that. The letter had sounded pretty urgent--what little she'd heard of it, anyways.

LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43