Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51316250][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/513163/51316250.png[/img][/url][/center]----- [font=times new roman]Talle let her fists unclench at her sides, the tense atmosphere in the tent having elicited the flight-or-fight response she'd nurtured since childhood. She had hardly caught what had passed between the others and the prominent members of the community for the harsh thump of her own too-nervous heart, but was satisfied enough by the information she'd managed to collect. Scions of the deities. A potential resurgence of the Shade. Summons to Croswell. Her largely logical brain had to suspend a great deal of disbelief to grasp the concepts, but some small part of her firmly believed in the validity of all she'd heard. It would fit with the One Voice, with the whispers and dreams that had dragged her here. There were simply too many coincidences connecting everything together. She was drawn from her reflections by a voice that finally moved her to break the silence she'd thusfar maintained. It was the skydancer dracare she'd met earlier, addressing the group, asking their names, trying to pull them together in the face of what they'd learned. [b]"A pleasure to meet you, Seraphina,"[/b] she called out, glad to finally have a name for the earnest half-skydancer, [b]"The name's Talle, if you didn't quite catch it earlier."[/b] And, remembering to be polite almost too late, Talle turned to the others as well, [b]"And I'm glad to make your acquaintances, also. Quite the situation, hmm?"[/b] -----
51316250.png

Talle let her fists unclench at her sides, the tense atmosphere in the tent having elicited the flight-or-fight response she'd nurtured since childhood. She had hardly caught what had passed between the others and the prominent members of the community for the harsh thump of her own too-nervous heart, but was satisfied enough by the information she'd managed to collect. Scions of the deities. A potential resurgence of the Shade. Summons to Croswell. Her largely logical brain had to suspend a great deal of disbelief to grasp the concepts, but some small part of her firmly believed in the validity of all she'd heard. It would fit with the One Voice, with the whispers and dreams that had dragged her here. There were simply too many coincidences connecting everything together.

She was drawn from her reflections by a voice that finally moved her to break the silence she'd thusfar maintained. It was the skydancer dracare she'd met earlier, addressing the group, asking their names, trying to pull them together in the face of what they'd learned.

"A pleasure to meet you, Seraphina," she called out, glad to finally have a name for the earnest half-skydancer, "The name's Talle, if you didn't quite catch it earlier."

And, remembering to be polite almost too late, Talle turned to the others as well, "And I'm glad to make your acquaintances, also. Quite the situation, hmm?"

LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[columns][font=times new roman]The clashing voices inside the tent were... A bit too much for him. His expression had turned into a dark grimace and he'd bit his tongue for much of the interaction, feeling utterly too wary and utterly too willing to trust these strange people. After getting out into the open air he felt a bit more comfortable, as comfortable as somebody surrounded by strangers from the far reaches of the world. He quite wished his sister was here, if not to ruffle some feathers and make him feel more comfortable drinking in her presence. But, he'd have to make due. Autiot stepped closer to Matcha as he eyed Seraphina, quite obviously sizing her up. Something in his head clicked and he nodded slightly. [b]"Autiot, pleased to meet you all,"[/b] The tundra offered plainly. [b]"And if we're doing introductions, I wouldn't mind hearing where you all are from,"[/b][/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
The clashing voices inside the tent were... A bit too much for him. His expression had turned into a dark grimace and he'd bit his tongue for much of the interaction, feeling utterly too wary and utterly too willing to trust these strange people.

After getting out into the open air he felt a bit more comfortable, as comfortable as somebody surrounded by strangers from the far reaches of the world. He quite wished his sister was here, if not to ruffle some feathers and make him feel more comfortable drinking in her presence.

But, he'd have to make due. Autiot stepped closer to Matcha as he eyed Seraphina, quite obviously sizing her up. Something in his head clicked and he nodded slightly.

"Autiot, pleased to meet you all," The tundra offered plainly. "And if we're doing introductions, I wouldn't mind hearing where you all are from,"
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub]Anxious couldn't even begin to describe how Matcha was feeling. Heart pounding, knees threatening to buckle at any second, the Coatl was the picture of nervous energy wrapped up inside of a tiny package. Being an artist allowed him to be a bit more whimsical and hopeful than most, but this was a far cry from folk tales and silly little stories meant to scare children into being good. His head was swimming with troublesome thoughts and it took all of the willpower left in him not to groan in exhaustion and worry. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I, ah, my name is Matcha.[/i][/color]" He murmurs under his breath, barely able to sift one thought away from another. This was a lot to take in, and his admittedly limited intellect was doing him no favors. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I'm terribly sorry, I'm a bit bewildered by... whatever that was.[/i][/color]" For a moment, that guise of formality seems to drop and he clears his throat. "[i][color="#53C86D"]Terribly rude of me not to introduce myself, do forgive me for that. It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances,[/i][/color]" he says, giving a slight bow. There's a moment of pause as he considers his next words and the answer to Autiot's question... "[i][color="#53C86D"]I travel quite a lot, so [b]where I'm from[/b] is a bit subjective for me...[/i][/color]" ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

Anxious couldn't even begin to describe how Matcha was feeling. Heart pounding, knees threatening to buckle at any second, the Coatl was the picture of nervous energy wrapped up inside of a tiny package. Being an artist allowed him to be a bit more whimsical and hopeful than most, but this was a far cry from folk tales and silly little stories meant to scare children into being good. His head was swimming with troublesome thoughts and it took all of the willpower left in him not to groan in exhaustion and worry.

"I, ah, my name is Matcha." He murmurs under his breath, barely able to sift one thought away from another. This was a lot to take in, and his admittedly limited intellect was doing him no favors. "I'm terribly sorry, I'm a bit bewildered by... whatever that was." For a moment, that guise of formality seems to drop and he clears his throat.

"Terribly rude of me not to introduce myself, do forgive me for that. It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances," he says, giving a slight bow. There's a moment of pause as he considers his next words and the answer to Autiot's question... "I travel quite a lot, so where I'm from is a bit subjective for me..."

Katharina leaves the tent with the others, blushing furiously and still feeling the ghost of Virtue's fingers on her face. Pull yourself together, she snaps at herself as she carefully watches the other dractare. They begin introducing themselves, and Katharina feels the urge to shift into her mirror form. Most of them are dragons right now, and even at her eight feet human height she feels smaller than usual. She shakes it off though, straightening herself up and staring each dractare in the eyes. Did the old gods really choose them, as they have chosen me? Some of them aren’t even carrying a weapon! She thought with some distaste.

She waits for a lull before stepping forward, closer to the middle of the dractare cluster, projecting her rough voice out.

“I am Katharina Emberstrike, of the Arunachala mountain clan. For weeks the Mother of Flames has been sending me visions and strange dreams, and that’s what led me here. I was so sure that- well.” She scowls bitterly, thinking about what she hoped to find before shaking her head. “I don’t understand this 'Scoins' or chosen ones business. We should all talk to the disciples of the Cairn… unless one of you can enlighten the rest of us about what’s really going on?”
Katharina leaves the tent with the others, blushing furiously and still feeling the ghost of Virtue's fingers on her face. Pull yourself together, she snaps at herself as she carefully watches the other dractare. They begin introducing themselves, and Katharina feels the urge to shift into her mirror form. Most of them are dragons right now, and even at her eight feet human height she feels smaller than usual. She shakes it off though, straightening herself up and staring each dractare in the eyes. Did the old gods really choose them, as they have chosen me? Some of them aren’t even carrying a weapon! She thought with some distaste.

She waits for a lull before stepping forward, closer to the middle of the dractare cluster, projecting her rough voice out.

“I am Katharina Emberstrike, of the Arunachala mountain clan. For weeks the Mother of Flames has been sending me visions and strange dreams, and that’s what led me here. I was so sure that- well.” She scowls bitterly, thinking about what she hoped to find before shaking her head. “I don’t understand this 'Scoins' or chosen ones business. We should all talk to the disciples of the Cairn… unless one of you can enlighten the rest of us about what’s really going on?”
0BzehVy.png
    [indent][columns][color=transparent] [nextcol][font=corbel][size=4][b]» hal.[/b] [emoji=sword and shield][emoji=nature rune][/size] [size=3]hal had been tossed a gamble in return for his words — would he rather choose between his own life or the lives of others? his parents? his sisters? his brothers? when thought about that way, it seemed easier to come to a conclusion. falling silent with a furrow to his brow, hal was then faced with being ushered out after a handful of his other companions spoke. well. at least they were going to be paid. shoulders rolling as the fresh air hit him, hal ignored his fellow dractare introducing themselves for awhile until he chose to announce his presence after a particularly [b]tall[/b] one had stepped forward to declare her name to the skies. [b]"m'hal."[/b] did they need to know where he was from? it looked like it physically pained the bogsneak to utter out his next words— [b]"edomore was my home."[/b] and it would be [i]again[/i] when he returned with his brother like he intended to. eyes taking in the crowd and landing on the nervous matcha again, hal added a stronger edge to his tone. [b]"i don't think any of us know what's really going on."[/b] so he was decided; go to speak to the disciples of the cairn.[nextcol] [item=glass knife][/columns][/indent]

» hal.
hal had been tossed a gamble in return for his words — would he rather choose between his own life or the lives of others? his parents? his sisters? his brothers? when thought about that way, it seemed easier to come to a conclusion. falling silent with a furrow to his brow, hal was then faced with being ushered out after a handful of his other companions spoke. well. at least they were going to be paid. shoulders rolling as the fresh air hit him, hal ignored his fellow dractare introducing themselves for awhile until he chose to announce his presence after a particularly tall one had stepped forward to declare her name to the skies.

"m'hal." did they need to know where he was from? it looked like it physically pained the bogsneak to utter out his next words— "edomore was my home." and it would be again when he returned with his brother like he intended to. eyes taking in the crowd and landing on the nervous matcha again, hal added a stronger edge to his tone. "i don't think any of us know what's really going on." so he was decided; go to speak to the disciples of the cairn.
Glass Knife
a6JurCN.png
[center]------------------ [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/jvDAo3N.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol] Oh Shadowbinder. Deimos was sat outside the tent, having left quietly as tensions rose. He could hear them perfectly fine from outside, anyway, and this way he was well out of the way of any... Unpleasantness. He dealt himself a few cards from the deck he always carried with them, and laid them gently on the ground. Never a bad time to talk to Drool Mother, and the ritual helped him ignore the rising anxiety as the tent-dwellers argued. Deimos flipped over the cards in order. Hmm. Seemed his deity wasn't particularly pleased at his escape either. The others left the tent eventually, and Deimos scooped up his cards and got to his feet. He hadn't managed to talk to too many of these people so far, so getting to know them could be fun. Even after... That whole incident. "Deimos is my name," He flourished the deck in his hands, before putting it back in its case, "I'm uh... I'm from Obeuron." [/columns] ------------------[/center]

jvDAo3N.png ... Oh Shadowbinder. Deimos was sat outside the tent, having left quietly as tensions rose. He could hear them perfectly fine from outside, anyway, and this way he was well out of the way of any... Unpleasantness.

He dealt himself a few cards from the deck he always carried with them, and laid them gently on the ground. Never a bad time to talk to Drool Mother, and the ritual helped him ignore the rising anxiety as the tent-dwellers argued. Deimos flipped over the cards in order. Hmm. Seemed his deity wasn't particularly pleased at his escape either.

The others left the tent eventually, and Deimos scooped up his cards and got to his feet. He hadn't managed to talk to too many of these people so far, so getting to know them could be fun. Even after... That whole incident.

"Deimos is my name," He flourished the deck in his hands, before putting it back in its case, "I'm uh... I'm from Obeuron."

9ShTRPz.png
> The Hive
> For Sale
> Brewing, Nest Rental & Lore Shop
[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina handed out the money as quickly as she could manage, not quite liking the way she was being eyed by a few of them. She didn't know these dractares, so she wouldn't put it past them to just take the whole pouch and run. (Then again, it was a pretty tempting sum. As someone that didn't exactly come from riches, she could understand the desire to a point.) After she finished tossing out the coins, she tucked the pouch away neatly and responded to the new question that had been brought up. "I'm from a small clan in the Blinding Wilds, myself," she murmured, not looking like she wanted to share much more than that. She glanced at Katharina, her eyes widening slightly. "I'm... sorry, but I don't know any more than you do, Kat, so it seems investigation is necessary. Can.. can I call you Kat, actually? Or is that too forward of me?" ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina handed out the money as quickly as she could manage, not quite liking the way she was being eyed by a few of them. She didn't know these dractares, so she wouldn't put it past them to just take the whole pouch and run. (Then again, it was a pretty tempting sum. As someone that didn't exactly come from riches, she could understand the desire to a point.)

After she finished tossing out the coins, she tucked the pouch away neatly and responded to the new question that had been brought up.

"I'm from a small clan in the Blinding Wilds, myself," she murmured, not looking like she wanted to share much more than that. She glanced at Katharina, her eyes widening slightly. "I'm... sorry, but I don't know any more than you do, Kat, so it seems investigation is necessary. Can.. can I call you Kat, actually? Or is that too forward of me?"

Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[b]Behrad[/b][emoji=plague rune size=1] Behrad ran the coins he'd recieved through his fingers, watching them shine. He looked up, listening as many dragons explained where they were from. He waited for a break before speaking, slowly. "I'm from the Resting grounds. Wandered there my whole life, it's surprising how many treasures and secrets the dead can hold." He said off handedly, gazing around the crowd. He stretched idly, wondering what would happen next. Some of these Dractares were infinitely taller than him and it caused him mild anxiety. He came from a group of dragons where they were all of similar size so this was a strange phenomenon to him. Through half lidded eyes, Behrad gazed over the group, evaluating them with a yawn. Despite his apprehension, he knew he needed to make sure he knew what all these dractares were about, lest he ever got the opportunity to steal from them.
Behrad
Behrad ran the coins he'd recieved through his fingers, watching them shine. He looked up, listening as many dragons explained where they were from. He waited for a break before speaking, slowly. "I'm from the Resting grounds. Wandered there my whole life, it's surprising how many treasures and secrets the dead can hold." He said off handedly, gazing around the crowd.

He stretched idly, wondering what would happen next. Some of these Dractares were infinitely taller than him and it caused him mild anxiety. He came from a group of dragons where they were all of similar size so this was a strange phenomenon to him. Through half lidded eyes, Behrad gazed over the group, evaluating them with a yawn. Despite his apprehension, he knew he needed to make sure he knew what all these dractares were about, lest he ever got the opportunity to steal from them.
MBjujvx.png
[columns][font=times new roman]It seemed introductions starting to get wrapped up, more or less; Autiot felt satisfied in the answers he'd gotten from most of them, and took the offered coins without complaint. He realized he'd gotten a pittance of an amount, but he'd make due; Seraphina had given it out quickly, like she was afraid they were a pack of wild dogs desperate to steal the pouch of coins and run away. Some of them might act like that, but he certainly didn't. But while surrounded by strangers he'd bite his tongue about it. [b]"No, I don't have much of a clue of what's happening. I hadn't realized my visions were even related to the gods,"[/b] Autiot let out a small huff after he spoke, lost in thought for a few moments before snapping out of it. [b]"I agree, some independent investigation would be best,"[/b] Autiot rumbled in quiet agreement.[/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
It seemed introductions starting to get wrapped up, more or less; Autiot felt satisfied in the answers he'd gotten from most of them, and took the offered coins without complaint. He realized he'd gotten a pittance of an amount, but he'd make due; Seraphina had given it out quickly, like she was afraid they were a pack of wild dogs desperate to steal the pouch of coins and run away.

Some of them might act like that, but he certainly didn't. But while surrounded by strangers he'd bite his tongue about it.

"No, I don't have much of a clue of what's happening. I hadn't realized my visions were even related to the gods," Autiot let out a small huff after he spoke, lost in thought for a few moments before snapping out of it.

"I agree, some independent investigation would be best," Autiot rumbled in quiet agreement.
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I'm from Croswell, I can lead the way there," Mazon said, thanking Seraphina for the coins. "Let us speak to these people at the Cairn and see what they have to say first though."
"I'm from Croswell, I can lead the way there," Mazon said, thanking Seraphina for the coins. "Let us speak to these people at the Cairn and see what they have to say first though."
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43