Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42 43
----- [center][b][font=courier new]MATCHA USES AN ACTION.[/b] ----- [columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub]He knew how to handle himself well enough. After all, spending so much time traveling across the ruins of Sornieth did that for a person. He follows Hal's lead, but is much more spastic about the way he moves, going from bush to bush, shrub to shrub, looking for anything he can find. Though, he's more focused on how palatable the plant is rather than any other properties it may have. ----- [/columns]

MATCHA USES AN ACTION.

MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

He knew how to handle himself well enough. After all, spending so much time traveling across the ruins of Sornieth did that for a person. He follows Hal's lead, but is much more spastic about the way he moves, going from bush to bush, shrub to shrub, looking for anything he can find. Though, he's more focused on how palatable the plant is rather than any other properties it may have.

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]MATCHA SEARCHES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Matcha accomplishes his goal, by the end of his scavenging he has an armful of random plants and herbs. [quote name=GATHERING] [center][font=courier new][b]MATCHA[/b] searches for [b]EDIBLE PLANTS[/b], and finds: [columns][item=hainu's eye][nextcol][b][font=courier new]HAINU'S EYE ( 5 ) [indent][sub][i] Small, savory nuts that are favored by the creatures known as Hainus for their medicinal qualities. They aren't, however, much to eat.[/i] [b][size=2][font=courier new]CAN BE USED IN ALCHEMY. CURES POISON STATUS EFFECT. [/indent][/columns] [columns][item=peppermint][nextcol][b][font=courier new]PEPPERMINT ( 5 ) [indent][sub][i] They smell as good as they taste, when biting into one of these leaves, there's an explosion of cold in your mouth followed by a pleasant sweetness.[/i] [b][size=2][font=courier new]RESTORES 1 HP UPON CONSUMPTION. CAN BE USED FOR COOKING. [/indent][/columns] [/quote] -----
PlgnaxH.png

MATCHA SEARCHES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.

Matcha accomplishes his goal, by the end of his scavenging he has an armful of random plants and herbs.

GATHERING wrote:
MATCHA searches for EDIBLE PLANTS, and finds:

Hainu's Eye HAINU'S EYE ( 5 )
Small, savory nuts that are favored by the creatures known as Hainus for their medicinal qualities. They aren't, however, much to eat.

CAN BE USED IN ALCHEMY.
CURES POISON STATUS EFFECT.
Peppermint PEPPERMINT ( 5 )
They smell as good as they taste, when biting into one of these leaves, there's an explosion of cold in your mouth followed by a pleasant sweetness.

RESTORES 1 HP UPON CONSUMPTION.
CAN BE USED FOR COOKING.

[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina gave a quiet hum of agreement. "It seems like we're going to be sticking around here for a little while, so might as well make some extra rations and eat well tonight, hm?" She gave Talle a soft smile and grabbed as much meat as she could manage to carry. "If you don't mind, I can take charge here! I may not be any expert chef, but learning to smoke meats was a skill required for every child in my clan!" With that being said, she got to work on cooking the meat. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina gave a quiet hum of agreement. "It seems like we're going to be sticking around here for a little while, so might as well make some extra rations and eat well tonight, hm?" She gave Talle a soft smile and grabbed as much meat as she could manage to carry.

"If you don't mind, I can take charge here! I may not be any expert chef, but learning to smoke meats was a skill required for every child in my clan!" With that being said, she got to work on cooking the meat.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51316250][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/513163/51316250.png[/img][/url][/center]----- [font=times new roman]Talle returned Seraphina's smile and set to work gathering up whatever meat had been missed. There was quite a lot--much more than she was accustomed to seeing, having grown up on a strict diet of lizards, rodents, and the occasional bird--but it would be a good deal more manageable after smoking. [b]"I don't mind at all,"[/b] she replied with a light grin, [b]"I'm not too great with the culinary arts, anyhow."[/b] -----
51316250.png

Talle returned Seraphina's smile and set to work gathering up whatever meat had been missed. There was quite a lot--much more than she was accustomed to seeing, having grown up on a strict diet of lizards, rodents, and the occasional bird--but it would be a good deal more manageable after smoking.

"I don't mind at all," she replied with a light grin, "I'm not too great with the culinary arts, anyhow."

LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NpfFrZv.png[/img][/center] [columns][center][img]https://i.gyazo.com/3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png[/img] [/center] [nextcol] The crowd Cerena had inadvertently ended up in was resourceful if anything, something which she was pleasantly surprised to learn of. She was yet to make an effort to assist them however, preferring to observe their behaviour with her hands clasped behind her back. She leant her back against a nearby tree, tilting her head back and watching the others through half-lidded eyes. The cool demeanour she exuded was somewhat damped by the fact that her stomach let out a loud grumble at the smell of Seraphina's cooking meats. [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NpfFrZv.png[/img][/center]

NpfFrZv.png
3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png
The crowd Cerena had inadvertently ended up in was resourceful if anything, something which she was pleasantly surprised to learn of. She was yet to make an effort to assist them however, preferring to observe their behaviour with her hands clasped behind her back. She leant her back against a nearby tree, tilting her head back and watching the others through half-lidded eyes. The cool demeanour she exuded was somewhat damped by the fact that her stomach let out a loud grumble at the smell of Seraphina's cooking meats.
NpfFrZv.png
goSc2L4.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]SERAPHINA COOKS THE MEAT.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Seraphina gets to work, roasting the gathered meat over the open flame with practiced ease and precision. Some of it gets burnt, perhaps she's a bit out of practice, but there's plenty to go around. It smells delicious and it's not a charred, inedible mess! So that can be considered an accomplishment at the very least. [quote name=COOKING] [center][font=courier new][b]SERAPHINA[/b] roasts some meat and receives: [columns][item=bundle of haunchmeat][nextcol][b][font=courier new]COOKED MEAT ( 24 ) [indent][sub][i] Well cooked and filling, cooked over a campfire without spices. By some magic of this world, it seems that it won't go bad.[/i] [b][size=2][font=courier new]RESTORES 50 HP UPON CONSUMPTION. CAN BE CRAFTED INTO RATIONS (1 MEAT: 3 RATIONS). [/indent][/columns] [/quote] -----
PlgnaxH.png

SERAPHINA COOKS THE MEAT.

Seraphina gets to work, roasting the gathered meat over the open flame with practiced ease and precision. Some of it gets burnt, perhaps she's a bit out of practice, but there's plenty to go around. It smells delicious and it's not a charred, inedible mess! So that can be considered an accomplishment at the very least.

COOKING wrote:
SERAPHINA roasts some meat and receives:

Bundle of Haunchmeat COOKED MEAT ( 24 )
Well cooked and filling, cooked over a campfire without spices. By some magic of this world, it seems that it won't go bad.

RESTORES 50 HP UPON CONSUMPTION.
CAN BE CRAFTED INTO RATIONS (1 MEAT: 3 RATIONS).

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/A5vG5mk.png[/img][/center] ----- [columns][sub]Our intrepid heroes have, thankfully, survived the first day. As rough as it was, considering the attack, they managed to scrape by and ended up with a few spoils of war. Now, the sun begins to set, and they hunker down to rest. The fire roars and crackles, keeping away the reaching tendrils of night. Having such a large group laden with supplies and mostly defenseless is a recipe for disaster— thankfully, [b]SERAPHINA[/b], [b]MAZON[/b], and [b]VIDA[/b] stayed up on watch, driving off any likely scavengers or predators looking to steal from the other prone dractare. With the three on guard, the rest of the group was able to rest up. [b]MATCHA[/b] wakes up, feeling sore but much better than the last night. [b]AUTIOT[/b] awakens feeling completely refreshed.[nextcol][item=chickweed][/columns] ----- [center][b]END OF DAY 1[/b][/center] -----
A5vG5mk.png

Our intrepid heroes have, thankfully, survived the first day. As rough as it was, considering the attack, they managed to scrape by and ended up with a few spoils of war. Now, the sun begins to set, and they hunker down to rest. The fire roars and crackles, keeping away the reaching tendrils of night.

Having such a large group laden with supplies and mostly defenseless is a recipe for disaster— thankfully, SERAPHINA, MAZON, and VIDA stayed up on watch, driving off any likely scavengers or predators looking to steal from the other prone dractare.

With the three on guard, the rest of the group was able to rest up. MATCHA wakes up, feeling sore but much better than the last night. AUTIOT awakens feeling completely refreshed.
Chickweed

END OF DAY 1

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/QuKLr0x.png[/img][/center] ----- [columns][item=pink chalcedony][item=morganite][nextcol][sub]Time moves strangely in the land of Sornieth, and it seemed like not a day had passed before they had traversed a week's worth of terrain. They were only a day away from Croswell now, and could see the reaching spires of the magical compound from a fair distance away. They were out of the woods— literally and figuratively. Trees had faded away into sharp purple-pink crystals reaching out of the ground, natural lakes and ponds became burning craters full of stars that had long since fallen from the night sky, and the gentle tittering of wildlife was replaced by the constant crackle and snap of flames that never seemed to quell. It was a desolate landscape, to be sure, nothing to hunt and nothing to drink, but at least it was beautiful. As the sun shone down on the ravaged lands, the group comes to a stop at what appears to be the ruins of an old campsite. Bedrolls are still left on the ground, there are a few intact packs here and there, and the fire located in the very center of it all is still smoldering. Whoever was there had clearly left in a hurry... save for one. A young boy is crouched beside the fire, tear-stained cheeks puffy and red as he pokes and prods at the ashes in front of him. He has an arquebus strapped to his back that seems much too large for him, and he hardly pays the throng of dractare any mind as they approach, not even lifting his head as he stares boredly into the embers. [/columns] ----- [center][b]ACTIONS LEFT[/b]: 11 -----
QuKLr0x.png

Pink Chalcedony Morganite Time moves strangely in the land of Sornieth, and it seemed like not a day had passed before they had traversed a week's worth of terrain. They were only a day away from Croswell now, and could see the reaching spires of the magical compound from a fair distance away. They were out of the woods— literally and figuratively.

Trees had faded away into sharp purple-pink crystals reaching out of the ground, natural lakes and ponds became burning craters full of stars that had long since fallen from the night sky, and the gentle tittering of wildlife was replaced by the constant crackle and snap of flames that never seemed to quell. It was a desolate landscape, to be sure, nothing to hunt and nothing to drink, but at least it was beautiful.

As the sun shone down on the ravaged lands, the group comes to a stop at what appears to be the ruins of an old campsite. Bedrolls are still left on the ground, there are a few intact packs here and there, and the fire located in the very center of it all is still smoldering. Whoever was there had clearly left in a hurry... save for one. A young boy is crouched beside the fire, tear-stained cheeks puffy and red as he pokes and prods at the ashes in front of him. He has an arquebus strapped to his back that seems much too large for him, and he hardly pays the throng of dractare any mind as they approach, not even lifting his head as he stares boredly into the embers.

ACTIONS LEFT: 11
Vida slowed to a halt with the rest of the group, taking in the ravaged campsite and apathetic boy with wide eyes. Something had clearly happened, and for better or worse, this boy was their only key to unlocking what exactly that something had been. However, it was clear from a glance that the boy was in no emotional state for an interrogation, and Vida herself was too tired from the previous night's watch to entertain a traumatized child, so that left her only one choice.

Taking a deep breath, she opened her mind and dove into the cacophony, seeking out the boy's voice within the chaos.
Vida slowed to a halt with the rest of the group, taking in the ravaged campsite and apathetic boy with wide eyes. Something had clearly happened, and for better or worse, this boy was their only key to unlocking what exactly that something had been. However, it was clear from a glance that the boy was in no emotional state for an interrogation, and Vida herself was too tired from the previous night's watch to entertain a traumatized child, so that left her only one choice.

Taking a deep breath, she opened her mind and dove into the cacophony, seeking out the boy's voice within the chaos.
a8byJKr.gif
[center][font=courier new]01. [b]VIDA[/b] tries to read the[b] BOY[/b]'s thoughts.[/center] ----- [columns][item=ghostly aura][nextcol] [sub]There’s a cacophony of sounds as soon as Vida retreats into her mind. Her companions, stray thoughts leaving their guarded psyches, the wayward thoughts of small animals and insects crawling about, the lingering regrets of those that had once dwelt in this camp… to say that it was loud and overwhelming was an understatement. Thankfully, years worth of self-training manages to keep the most harmful of this psychic energy away, and the Nocturne pushes on to try and read into this boy’s mind. When she reaches out to touch the glimmering yellow-white barrier around the child, a sudden burning pain rushes through her mind like an all-engulfing fire. Without warning, it’s like something physically rips her out of her telepathy. She’s left with a throbbing headache, the only thing she was able to glean from that experience being the name [i]Rey[/i]. The boy (supposedly Rey) seems wholly unperturbed.[/columns] ----- [right][font=courier new][b]VIDA[/b] takes [b]3 DMG[/b]. -----
01. VIDA tries to read the BOY's thoughts.

Ghostly Aura There’s a cacophony of sounds as soon as Vida retreats into her mind. Her companions, stray thoughts leaving their guarded psyches, the wayward thoughts of small animals and insects crawling about, the lingering regrets of those that had once dwelt in this camp… to say that it was loud and overwhelming was an understatement. Thankfully, years worth of self-training manages to keep the most harmful of this psychic energy away, and the Nocturne pushes on to try and read into this boy’s mind.

When she reaches out to touch the glimmering yellow-white barrier around the child, a sudden burning pain rushes through her mind like an all-engulfing fire. Without warning, it’s like something physically rips her out of her telepathy. She’s left with a throbbing headache, the only thing she was able to glean from that experience being the name Rey. The boy (supposedly Rey) seems wholly unperturbed.

VIDA takes 3 DMG.

1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 42 43