Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43
[b]Behrad[/b][emoji=plague rune size=1] Behrad followed Matcha and their new Bogsneak companion as they made their way into the wilderness. He stood tall and tried to look confident, but in his head all the plants just looked like grass. He was trying, though, and he thought maybe there were a few herb-like things around. They could just be weeds though. He branched off from the others, heading for a small thicket of bushes with some undergrowth beneath them. The things beneath the bush were plants for sure, but of what kind he didn't know. [b]"Have you guys found anything?"[/b] He calls from beneath the bushes as he begins to rummage around.
Behrad

Behrad followed Matcha and their new Bogsneak companion as they made their way into the wilderness. He stood tall and tried to look confident, but in his head all the plants just looked like grass. He was trying, though, and he thought maybe there were a few herb-like things around. They could just be weeds though.

He branched off from the others, heading for a small thicket of bushes with some undergrowth beneath them. The things beneath the bush were plants for sure, but of what kind he didn't know. "Have you guys found anything?" He calls from beneath the bushes as he begins to rummage around.
MBjujvx.png
Mazon sat down against a tree and began sorting the materials she had gathered. "Ok, I've got everything except some fletching. Maybe leafs would work," she mused. Standing up again, she reached up to a low hanging branch and carefully pulled some leafs off. She then sat back down and began to work.
Mazon sat down against a tree and began sorting the materials she had gathered. "Ok, I've got everything except some fletching. Maybe leafs would work," she mused. Standing up again, she reached up to a low hanging branch and carefully pulled some leafs off. She then sat back down and began to work.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]BEHRAD SCAVENGES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.[/b] [b]MAZON ATTEMPTS TO MAKE ARROWS.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Behrad, self-admittedly not possessing a grand knowledge of plant-life, still attempts to find something edible amongst the patches of shrubbery. Thankfully, he seems to recognize one or two things that used to grow near the marshlands of The Resting Grounds. [quote name=GATHERING] [center][font=courier new][b]BEHRAD[/b] searches for [b]EDIBLE PLANTS[/b] and finds: [columns][item=cattail][nextcol][b][font=courier new]CATTAILS ( 2 ) [indent][sub][i] These are fairly small and the ones that Behrad picked specifically seem to not be fully grown. Still... it's better than nothing, right? At least they have some nutrition and taste somewhat like boiled potatoes when cooked.[/i] [font=courier new][size=2][b]RESTORES 5 HP UPON CONSUMPTION.[/size][/indent][/columns] [/quote] ----- [sub]Mazon, resourcefully, decides that in the absence of feathers, at least she has leaves at her disposal everywhere she looks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like she's quite sure on how to piece everything together. Some of the arrows end up nigh unusable, a waste of materials, others seem... wobbly at best. [quote name=CRAFTING] [center][font=courier new][b]MAZON[/b] tries to craft [b]ARROWS[/b] and ends up with: [columns][item=stone arrowhead][nextcol][b][font=courier new]MEDIOCRE ARROWS ( 10 ) [indent][sub][i] These don't seem like they'll fly right and at worst might damage your bow. They don't have any fletching, which isn't a great sign, but at least you managed to make something![/i][/indent][/columns] [/quote]
PlgnaxH.png

BEHRAD SCAVENGES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.
MAZON ATTEMPTS TO MAKE ARROWS.

Behrad, self-admittedly not possessing a grand knowledge of plant-life, still attempts to find something edible amongst the patches of shrubbery. Thankfully, he seems to recognize one or two things that used to grow near the marshlands of The Resting Grounds.

GATHERING wrote:
BEHRAD searches for EDIBLE PLANTS and finds:

Cattail CATTAILS ( 2 )
These are fairly small and the ones that Behrad picked specifically seem to not be fully grown. Still... it's better than nothing, right? At least they have some nutrition and taste somewhat like boiled potatoes when cooked.

RESTORES 5 HP UPON CONSUMPTION.

Mazon, resourcefully, decides that in the absence of feathers, at least she has leaves at her disposal everywhere she looks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like she's quite sure on how to piece everything together. Some of the arrows end up nigh unusable, a waste of materials, others seem... wobbly at best.

CRAFTING wrote:
MAZON tries to craft ARROWS and ends up with:

Stone Arrowhead MEDIOCRE ARROWS ( 10 )
These don't seem like they'll fly right and at worst might damage your bow. They don't have any fletching, which isn't a great sign, but at least you managed to make something!
[columns][font=times new roman]Mazon's arrows... Didn't look great. Autiot had never made arrows before, but he was pretty sure they weren't supposed to look so knobbly and uneven. [b]"Let me help-"[/b] Autiot said, crouching down to grab a few arrows and attempt to fix them up a bit.[/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Mazon's arrows... Didn't look great. Autiot had never made arrows before, but he was pretty sure they weren't supposed to look so knobbly and uneven.

"Let me help-" Autiot said, crouching down to grab a few arrows and attempt to fix them up a bit.
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]AUTIOT TRIES TO FIX MAZON'S ARROWS.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Doesn't seem like Autiot has had much opportunity in his life to make weapons, honestly speaking. The arrows that he tries to futz with end up falling apart in his hands. The stick is almost unusable, but thankfully the rocks are hard to break. At least he didn't grab too many of them. [quote name=CRAFTING] [center][font=courier new][b]AUTIOT[/b] tries to fix some [b]ARROWS[/b], [b]MAZON[/b] ends up with: [columns][item=skipping stone][nextcol][b][font=courier new]STONE ( 2 ) [indent][sub][i] Some flat stones that chip fairly well when struck with something sturdier, the remnants of Autiot's attempts to help her fix some of her arrows.[/i] [/indent][/columns] [/quote] -----
PlgnaxH.png

AUTIOT TRIES TO FIX MAZON'S ARROWS.

Doesn't seem like Autiot has had much opportunity in his life to make weapons, honestly speaking. The arrows that he tries to futz with end up falling apart in his hands. The stick is almost unusable, but thankfully the rocks are hard to break. At least he didn't grab too many of them.

CRAFTING wrote:
AUTIOT tries to fix some ARROWS, MAZON ends up with:

Skipping Stone STONE ( 2 )
Some flat stones that chip fairly well when struck with something sturdier, the remnants of Autiot's attempts to help her fix some of her arrows.

"Well, thanks for trying anyway," Mazon said. "Making arrows is pretty tough. Especially when you don't have proper materials. I'll just have to remember to buy some when we get to the city."
"Well, thanks for trying anyway," Mazon said. "Making arrows is pretty tough. Especially when you don't have proper materials. I'll just have to remember to buy some when we get to the city."
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
[columns][font=times new roman]Well, if he'd taken more than a moment to remind himself of how little dexterity he had with his hands, Autiot could've prevented this mess from happening. But nope, the arrows fell apart and he dipped his head in mild embarrassment. [b]"Yes- arrows will definitely need to be bought,"[/b] Autiot murmured in quiet agreement. [b]"Apologies for... Uh, disassembling those. It was an accident,"[/b][/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Well, if he'd taken more than a moment to remind himself of how little dexterity he had with his hands, Autiot could've prevented this mess from happening. But nope, the arrows fell apart and he dipped his head in mild embarrassment.

"Yes- arrows will definitely need to be bought," Autiot murmured in quiet agreement. "Apologies for... Uh, disassembling those. It was an accident,"
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I know, it's ok," she assured him. She brushed her pants off as she stood up and put the arrows into her quiver. 'Hopefully we won't need to use any before getting to the city,' she thought to herself.
"I know, it's ok," she assured him. She brushed her pants off as she stood up and put the arrows into her quiver. 'Hopefully we won't need to use any before getting to the city,' she thought to herself.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
    [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/271193/27119204.png[/img][color=transparent]oooooooooooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=cambria][size=7][color=transparent]o.o[/color][i][b][color=DA0D03]H[/color][color=8C3375]A[/color][color=3D58E4]L[/color][color=580F14].[/color][/b][/i][/size][/font] [font=corbel][size=3]rugged body — jagged fangs[/size][/font][/columns]   [columns][color=transparent]ooooooo[/color][nextcol][font=corbel][size=3][color=transparent]ooo[/color]trailing behind matcha and behrad, hal squinted over at the cat tails the plague descendant found. those didn't look... enjoyable. taking off in another direction, he paused beside a grouping of bushes, brow furrowed as he crouched. pushing the branches aside, hal pawed through the leaves in order to see if anything new had been growing in it's safety.[color=transparent]ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[/color][font=courier new][url=https://i.imgur.com/ZvaMuW9.png]ROLL.[/url][/font][nextcol][color=transparent]oooooooo[/color]

ooooooo27119204.pngoooooooooooooooo o.oHAL.
rugged body — jagged fangs
ooooooo oootrailing behind matcha and behrad, hal squinted over at the cat tails the plague descendant found. those didn't look... enjoyable. taking off in another direction, he paused beside a grouping of bushes, brow furrowed as he crouched. pushing the branches aside, hal pawed through the leaves in order to see if anything new had been growing in it's safety.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooROLL. oooooooo
a6JurCN.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]HAL SEARCHES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Even if he himself wasn't aware of it, it seemed that the Gladekeeper's unseen hand was influencing his movements. As Hal pushes aside the leaves, his eyes perk with recognition as the fronds of several growing plants begin to show, having taken shelter underneath the falling foliage from various herbivores that may have wished to do them harm. [quote name=GATHERING] [center][font=courier new][b]HALS[/b] searches for [b]EDIBLE PLANTS[/b], and finds: [columns][item=broadleaf plantain][nextcol][b][font=courier new]BROADLEAF PLANTAIN ( 10 ) [indent][sub][i] Though small from lack of sunlight, these plants are high in nutrients and can often be ground up to be used as poultices. Quite a resourceful find.[/i] [b][size=2][font=courier new]RESTORES 10 HP UPON CONSUMPTION. CAN BE USED IN ALCHEMY. [/indent][/columns] [/quote] -----
PlgnaxH.png

HAL SEARCHES FOR EDIBLE PLANTS.

Even if he himself wasn't aware of it, it seemed that the Gladekeeper's unseen hand was influencing his movements. As Hal pushes aside the leaves, his eyes perk with recognition as the fronds of several growing plants begin to show, having taken shelter underneath the falling foliage from various herbivores that may have wished to do them harm.

GATHERING wrote:
HALS searches for EDIBLE PLANTS, and finds:

Broadleaf Plantain BROADLEAF PLANTAIN ( 10 )
Though small from lack of sunlight, these plants are high in nutrients and can often be ground up to be used as poultices. Quite a resourceful find.

RESTORES 10 HP UPON CONSUMPTION.
CAN BE USED IN ALCHEMY.

1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 42 43