Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43
It occurred to Vida, at some point between the boar's hooves in her stomach and the impact of her back against the tree, that there was a very real chance that she could die on this journey. She marveled over this realization for a little while until her skull met the tree trunk with a resounding thwack, at which point she couldn't really marvel over much of anything anymore.

She came to a little while later, and immediately wished she hadn't - her short nap had done absolutely nothing to quell the splitting headache that was now rampaging through her skull, and the lance of pain that shot down her spine when she attempted to sit up nearly made her black out again. Compared to that, the dull ache in her stomach seemed negligible in comparison - until she tried to stand up, that is, at which point it flared into a wave of nausea that had her back on her knees under the tree, trying her best to hack up her guts.

Finally, the wave passed, and Vida managed to push herself to her feet with a groan, wobbling a little under the sudden head rush. She'd dropped one of her daggers when the hooves hit - she could see it in the grass, twinkling tauntingly just out of reach - but she'd managed to keep a grip on the other one. She brought it to bear now as she tried to circle around the boar once more, slowly, carefully -

"HEY UGLY!"

The sudden shout brought her careful progress to a stumbling halt, and she turned to see another dractare now standing before the boar, finger extended to do...something. Ridgeback, her mind supplied her with, but nothing else. It occurred to her that she didn't know his name.

At the very least, Vida thought as she darted forward, taking advantage of the distraction to attempt to sink her dagger into the boar's side once more, I will not die alone.
It occurred to Vida, at some point between the boar's hooves in her stomach and the impact of her back against the tree, that there was a very real chance that she could die on this journey. She marveled over this realization for a little while until her skull met the tree trunk with a resounding thwack, at which point she couldn't really marvel over much of anything anymore.

She came to a little while later, and immediately wished she hadn't - her short nap had done absolutely nothing to quell the splitting headache that was now rampaging through her skull, and the lance of pain that shot down her spine when she attempted to sit up nearly made her black out again. Compared to that, the dull ache in her stomach seemed negligible in comparison - until she tried to stand up, that is, at which point it flared into a wave of nausea that had her back on her knees under the tree, trying her best to hack up her guts.

Finally, the wave passed, and Vida managed to push herself to her feet with a groan, wobbling a little under the sudden head rush. She'd dropped one of her daggers when the hooves hit - she could see it in the grass, twinkling tauntingly just out of reach - but she'd managed to keep a grip on the other one. She brought it to bear now as she tried to circle around the boar once more, slowly, carefully -

"HEY UGLY!"

The sudden shout brought her careful progress to a stumbling halt, and she turned to see another dractare now standing before the boar, finger extended to do...something. Ridgeback, her mind supplied her with, but nothing else. It occurred to her that she didn't know his name.

At the very least, Vida thought as she darted forward, taking advantage of the distraction to attempt to sink her dagger into the boar's side once more, I will not die alone.
a8byJKr.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CH1fO37.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]PSILOCYBE ATTEMPTS TO SEAR BOAR #5 WITH A SPELL. VIDA ATTEMPTS TO SINK HER DAGGERS INTO BOAR #5.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]It takes a moment, but Psilocybe can see the magic taking hold. Tendrils of pink and purple start to swirl around his arms, the ground around him seems to [i]waver[/i], as if being seen through flickering heat. Reality seems to quaver at the power beginning to surge through his body, a powerful magic being borne from emotion and want. For the briefest of moments, Psilocybe can feel a chill course through his veins and an unidentifiable presence standing behind him, guiding his movements. As the spell builds, Vida darts forward. Like a speeding bullet, driven forward with an indeterminate rage and desire for vengeance, the world almost becoming liquid around her as she darts towards her target. The boar is taken by surprise, no doubt, almost shocked by the speed and precision at which its opponent attempts to move. It tries to dodge the attack but to no avail, and it lets out a shrill squeal as the twin blades sink into its side. As it thrashes, Vida is thrown clear of its body, but not before her daggers rend through flesh and bone like a hot knife through butter. Viscera spills onto the forest floor... yet, against all odds, the creature still stands. Bloodshot eyes filled with fury and pain look at the Nocturne descendant, filled with murderous intent, but before it can even take a step forward a blinding light fills the clearing. With a sound that can only be equated to the crack of thunder, a pink-purple bolt of magic erupts from the tips of Psilocybe's outstretched hand. Time seems to slow as it sluggishly moves through the air before colliding with its target. Seraphina, Vida, and Psilocybe are all blown back at the force of the impact, and when the dust settles, there is a crater left where the boar once stood, inhabited only by charred bones and the smell of burnt ham. ----- [right][b]BOAR #5[/b] takes [b]7 DMG[/b]. [b]BOAR #5[/b] takes [b]45 DMG[/b] and is burnt to a crisp. ----- [center][i][size=6][font=courier new]ENCOUNTER COMPLETED![/i][/size] [font=courier new][sub][b]All Characters: +30 EXP
CH1fO37.png

PSILOCYBE ATTEMPTS TO SEAR BOAR #5 WITH A SPELL.
VIDA ATTEMPTS TO SINK HER DAGGERS INTO BOAR #5.

It takes a moment, but Psilocybe can see the magic taking hold. Tendrils of pink and purple start to swirl around his arms, the ground around him seems to waver, as if being seen through flickering heat. Reality seems to quaver at the power beginning to surge through his body, a powerful magic being borne from emotion and want. For the briefest of moments, Psilocybe can feel a chill course through his veins and an unidentifiable presence standing behind him, guiding his movements.

As the spell builds, Vida darts forward. Like a speeding bullet, driven forward with an indeterminate rage and desire for vengeance, the world almost becoming liquid around her as she darts towards her target. The boar is taken by surprise, no doubt, almost shocked by the speed and precision at which its opponent attempts to move. It tries to dodge the attack but to no avail, and it lets out a shrill squeal as the twin blades sink into its side. As it thrashes, Vida is thrown clear of its body, but not before her daggers rend through flesh and bone like a hot knife through butter. Viscera spills onto the forest floor... yet, against all odds, the creature still stands.

Bloodshot eyes filled with fury and pain look at the Nocturne descendant, filled with murderous intent, but before it can even take a step forward a blinding light fills the clearing. With a sound that can only be equated to the crack of thunder, a pink-purple bolt of magic erupts from the tips of Psilocybe's outstretched hand. Time seems to slow as it sluggishly moves through the air before colliding with its target. Seraphina, Vida, and Psilocybe are all blown back at the force of the impact, and when the dust settles, there is a crater left where the boar once stood, inhabited only by charred bones and the smell of burnt ham.

BOAR #5 takes 7 DMG.
BOAR #5 takes 45 DMG and is burnt to a crisp.
ENCOUNTER COMPLETED!
All Characters: +30 EXP
Mazon managed to stagger to her feet, bracing herself against a tree trunk. She couldn't believe how much trouble a small pack of boars had been.

'I need to get some arrows made ASAP,' she thought to herself, before calling out to the rest of the party. "Is everyone ok? Sound off so we can all find each other!"
Mazon managed to stagger to her feet, bracing herself against a tree trunk. She couldn't believe how much trouble a small pack of boars had been.

'I need to get some arrows made ASAP,' she thought to herself, before calling out to the rest of the party. "Is everyone ok? Sound off so we can all find each other!"
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[columns][font=times new roman][u]Taking 1 action to batch heal Matcha, Hal, Autiot, Deimos, Behrad and Vida[/u] Autiot could likely sit down and not move for a while as his vision turns to see the last boar get- obliterated, really. He winces and holds up one hand to cover his eyes so no flying dust got into his eyes. [b]"Still kicking, I'm over here with Matcha,"[/b] Autiot called out upon hearing Mazon's words. He moved to help Matcha up, but noticed the other dractare was clearly scuffed up and hurt from the encounter. Well- he could put the first eighteen years of his life to use, at least. [b]"Here, I've got you,"[/b] Autiot said, crouching down and attempting to cast a minor healing spell on Matcha. Regardless of whether the spell worked, he'd stand up and then move about the group and cast small healing spells on anybody who seemed like they could use it, though he was almost certain Behrad was being melodramatic about his injuries. Once he was finished with everybody else, he addressed his own injuries. At that point, he hit his limit. The tundra descendant would then sit down on the ground jerkily and take deep, measured breaths to fight off the tiredness sagging at his shoulders from doing so much magic at once.[/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Taking 1 action to batch heal Matcha, Hal, Autiot, Deimos, Behrad and Vida

Autiot could likely sit down and not move for a while as his vision turns to see the last boar get- obliterated, really. He winces and holds up one hand to cover his eyes so no flying dust got into his eyes.

"Still kicking, I'm over here with Matcha," Autiot called out upon hearing Mazon's words. He moved to help Matcha up, but noticed the other dractare was clearly scuffed up and hurt from the encounter.

Well- he could put the first eighteen years of his life to use, at least. "Here, I've got you," Autiot said, crouching down and attempting to cast a minor healing spell on Matcha.

Regardless of whether the spell worked, he'd stand up and then move about the group and cast small healing spells on anybody who seemed like they could use it, though he was almost certain Behrad was being melodramatic about his injuries. Once he was finished with everybody else, he addressed his own injuries.

At that point, he hit his limit. The tundra descendant would then sit down on the ground jerkily and take deep, measured breaths to fight off the tiredness sagging at his shoulders from doing so much magic at once.
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/473969/47396863p.png[/img][color=transparent]_[nextcol]Psilocybe was slumped against a tree, his ears ringing and his staff lying in the dirt at his side. His mask was askew, his back was aching, and he felt like he'd just ran up a mountain, but none of that could dampen the giant grin plastered across his face. His body was still tingling all over. It felt as if the tiny feet of a hundred little beetles were dancing across his skin. And if he closed his eyes and focused hard enough, he could still feel that phantom touch behind him. He did his best to thank the Arcanist, but came up with an incoherent jumble of gushing and gratitude rather than a formal prayer of thanks. He started to come down from his magic success high when he heard Mazon's shout. He blinked until he was grounded in reality again, then used the tree to pull himself to his feet. [b]"I'm alright, Mazon!"[/b] he said as he picked up his staff and brushed himself off. Despite his fatigue, he felt more confident than ever. He was a competent mage. He even knew Mazon's name. [/columns]
47396863p.png_ Psilocybe was slumped against a tree, his ears ringing and his staff lying in the dirt at his side. His mask was askew, his back was aching, and he felt like he'd just ran up a mountain, but none of that could dampen the giant grin plastered across his face.

His body was still tingling all over. It felt as if the tiny feet of a hundred little beetles were dancing across his skin. And if he closed his eyes and focused hard enough, he could still feel that phantom touch behind him. He did his best to thank the Arcanist, but came up with an incoherent jumble of gushing and gratitude rather than a formal prayer of thanks.

He started to come down from his magic success high when he heard Mazon's shout. He blinked until he was grounded in reality again, then used the tree to pull himself to his feet.

"I'm alright, Mazon!" he said as he picked up his staff and brushed himself off. Despite his fatigue, he felt more confident than ever. He was a competent mage. He even knew Mazon's name.
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- Seraphina grabbed her sword from the ground with a quiet huff, quickly inspecting the blade for any damages. Satisfied by its current state, she glanced around at everyone else, her brows furrowing a little. "I'm fine, but it looks to me like we're gonna need some better weapons soon!" she replied. If something as small as a couple boars could get them injured, they were in big trouble if (and when) something more deadly came along. She wasn't much good in the healing department, however, so she opted for scavenging the boar corpses for a tusk and perhaps some meat as well, if there was anything relatively edible to be found. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

Seraphina grabbed her sword from the ground with a quiet huff, quickly inspecting the blade for any damages. Satisfied by its current state, she glanced around at everyone else, her brows furrowing a little.

"I'm fine, but it looks to me like we're gonna need some better weapons soon!" she replied. If something as small as a couple boars could get them injured, they were in big trouble if (and when) something more deadly came along.

She wasn't much good in the healing department, however, so she opted for scavenging the boar corpses for a tusk and perhaps some meat as well, if there was anything relatively edible to be found.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]AUTIOT ATTEMPTS TO HEAL THE INJURED.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Perhaps if he was better prepared to use this kind of magic, it would have been less... painful for those involved. Matcha seems to have been a test run, though, as Autiot's attempts at healing him... essentially leave him with what could only be equated to freezer burn as a thin layer of frost coats his skin and wound. Painful, but it doesn't seem to have done more damage at least. The rest are better off in some ways, though open wounds burn and sear as flesh and skin weave themselves back together. That's going to scar, and it's going to hurt, but at least it's no longer a weeping sore. ----- [right][b]HAL[/b] regains [b]70 HP[/b]. [b]DEIMOS[/b] regains [b]56 HP[/b]. [b]BEHRAD[/b] regains [b]11 HP[/b]. [b]AUTIOT[/b] regains [b]24 HP[/b]. [b]VIDA[/b] regains [b]35 HP[/b]. ----- [quote name=LOOTING][center][font=courier new] [b]SERAPHINA[/b] loots the [b]DEAD BOAR ( 5 )[/b] and gains: [columns][item=Salted Game][nextcol][b][font=courier new]RAW MEAT ( 48 )[/b] [indent][sub][i]Though filling for wild carnivores, eating raw meat as is probably isn't the best idea. You should probably cook it first. That being said, this is a ridiculous amount of meat, and there's no way that one dractare can carry it all. Good thing there are 10 others with you.[/indent][/columns] [columns][item=Warbeast Tusk][nextcol][b][font=courier new]BOAR TUSK ( 7 )[indent][sub][i]Wrested from the maw of a dead boar, they don't make for very good weapons unless refined and strengthened... but you have them. When Sera tries to pick up one from the burnt boar, it crumbles in her hands, and yet another one was taken by Hal. [/quote]
PlgnaxH.png

AUTIOT ATTEMPTS TO HEAL THE INJURED.

Perhaps if he was better prepared to use this kind of magic, it would have been less... painful for those involved. Matcha seems to have been a test run, though, as Autiot's attempts at healing him... essentially leave him with what could only be equated to freezer burn as a thin layer of frost coats his skin and wound. Painful, but it doesn't seem to have done more damage at least.

The rest are better off in some ways, though open wounds burn and sear as flesh and skin weave themselves back together. That's going to scar, and it's going to hurt, but at least it's no longer a weeping sore.

HAL regains 70 HP.
DEIMOS regains 56 HP.
BEHRAD regains 11 HP.
AUTIOT regains 24 HP.
VIDA regains 35 HP.
LOOTING wrote:

SERAPHINA loots the DEAD BOAR ( 5 ) and gains:

Salted Game RAW MEAT ( 48 )
Though filling for wild carnivores, eating raw meat as is probably isn't the best idea. You should probably cook it first. That being said, this is a ridiculous amount of meat, and there's no way that one dractare can carry it all. Good thing there are 10 others with you.
Warbeast Tusk BOAR TUSK ( 7 )
Wrested from the maw of a dead boar, they don't make for very good weapons unless refined and strengthened... but you have them. When Sera tries to pick up one from the burnt boar, it crumbles in her hands, and yet another one was taken by Hal.

[columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Century Gothic][color="#80ffaa"][size=5][b]MATCHA [img]https://i.imgur.com/8cHbm2B.png[/img] [nextcol]-----[sub]Matcha bites back a whimper as tendrils of frost spread across his skin, snatching his arm back from Autiot in self defense and hissing in pain. He blows on the wound, hoping that the waft of warm air would soothe the burning, but honestly, he's more focused on the churning in his stomach at the realization he's just aided in the murder of five innocent animals. Holding his stomach, he leans back up against a tree, sinking to the ground as he cradles his wound in his other arm. "[i][color="#53C86D"]I'm not cut out for this,[/i][/color]" he murmurs under his breath. ----- [/columns]
MATCHA

8cHbm2B.png

Matcha bites back a whimper as tendrils of frost spread across his skin, snatching his arm back from Autiot in self defense and hissing in pain. He blows on the wound, hoping that the waft of warm air would soothe the burning, but honestly, he's more focused on the churning in his stomach at the realization he's just aided in the murder of five innocent animals. Holding his stomach, he leans back up against a tree, sinking to the ground as he cradles his wound in his other arm. "I'm not cut out for this," he murmurs under his breath.

Once she got her breath back, Mazon decided she didn't want to wait to make some arrows. She started searching the ground for fallen branches that would make decent arrow shafts. Even if she couldn't find any good rocks for arrowheads, she could sharpen the end of the shaft to a decent point.
Once she got her breath back, Mazon decided she didn't want to wait to make some arrows. She started searching the ground for fallen branches that would make decent arrow shafts. Even if she couldn't find any good rocks for arrowheads, she could sharpen the end of the shaft to a decent point.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PlgnaxH.png[/img][/center] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]MAZON SEARCHES FOR MATERIALS TO MAKE ARROWS.[/b][/font][/center] ----- [sub]Good thing it's a forest and there's more than plenty of random things laying around to bind together. It's fairly easy to find stones, sticks, and some pliable plant matter to lash them together... though there does seem to a problem in regards to getting arrows for fletching. [quote name=GATHERING] [center][font=courier new][b]MAZON[/b] searches for materials to craft [b]ARROWS[/b] and finds: [columns][item=birch twigs][nextcol][b][font=courier new]STICKS ( 15 ) [indent][sub][i] Just a bunch of sticks picked off the ground, nothing special, they probably have a lot of utility though.[/indent][/columns] [columns][item=skipping stone][nextcol][b][font=courier new]STONES ( 15 ) [indent][sub][i] Some flat stones that chip fairly well when struck with something sturdier.[/indent][/columns] [columns][item=strangling vine][nextcol][b][font=courier new]VINES ( 20 ft ) [indent][sub][i] Pliable but sturdy vines that should serve for lashing if necessary.[/indent][/columns] [/quote] -----
PlgnaxH.png

MAZON SEARCHES FOR MATERIALS TO MAKE ARROWS.

Good thing it's a forest and there's more than plenty of random things laying around to bind together. It's fairly easy to find stones, sticks, and some pliable plant matter to lash them together... though there does seem to a problem in regards to getting arrows for fletching.

GATHERING wrote:
MAZON searches for materials to craft ARROWS and finds:

Birch Twigs STICKS ( 15 )
Just a bunch of sticks picked off the ground, nothing special, they probably have a lot of utility though.
Skipping Stone STONES ( 15 )
Some flat stones that chip fairly well when struck with something sturdier.
Strangling Vine VINES ( 20 ft )
Pliable but sturdy vines that should serve for lashing if necessary.

1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43