Roleplay
Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43
[center][color="#cc9966"][font=Courier New][size=7][i]ACT 0: PART 1[/size] [size=5][color="#915B25"][b]THE CONVERGENCE[/color][/center] ----- [center][s][font=Courier new][color="#22C9A2"][b]CURRENT LOCATION[/b]: Eye of Gods | [b]CURRENT MISSION[/b]: TRAVEL TO CROSWELL[/color][/center] ----- [sub]The Banescale woman ushers the Eleven into the tent. It's scantly decorated, a few glowing baubles are set up here and there to act as light sources, some shelves bearing scrolls and trinkets that you can't even name, and a large table stands proudly in the middle. Chairs of different make and age are scattered around it, the person who dwells here clearly does not care much for interior design, but the map that lays across the table's surface is pristine. Not only that, but it seems to shimmer faintly from afar. The Wildclaw stands beside the table, while the Gaoler and Nocturne both seat themselves. "[b]I don't believe we've introduced ourselves, we are the approximation of leadership here at the Eye of Gods.[/b]" One by one, they introduce themselves. The Banescale goes by the name [i]Virtue[/i], the Nocturne refers to herself as [i]Wrath[/i] and the Gaoler speaks through hand motions that Wrath translates, and says that his name is [i]Kindness[/i]. All eyes are now on the remaining Wildclaw, and he nods curtly before continuing. "[b]Most call me Sin.[/b]" "[b]I'm sure you're all curious as to why you've been led here, what your purpose is, and what could possibly be of such import that the divines would call you from such far reaching corners of the globe to come here and aid us. All will be answered in time, but there is much to discuss and much of it is intertwined in bewildering ways. If any of you have questions, you may ask them now, whether it be to I, my companions, or your peers, and we will provide you the best answers we can.[/b]" ----- [quote name="Quick Actions"] [font=Courier New]01. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/1#post_2816073"][b]SIN[/b] asks [b]THE ELEVEN[/b] if they have any questions for he or the rest of the camp leaders.[/url] 02. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/1#post_42130786"] [b]MAZON[/b] asks why [b]THE ELEVEN[/b] are here.[/url] 03. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073#post_42131495"][b]SERAPHINA[/b] takes the letter.[/url] 04. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/1#post_42132001"][b]HAL[/b] questions [b]THE FOUNDERS[/b].[/url] 05. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/1#post_42132553"][b]MAZON[/b] and [b]AUTIOT[/b] request further elaboration.[/url] 06. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/2#post_42132988"][b]KATHARINA[/b] challenges [b]THE FOUNDERS[/b].[/url] 07. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/2#post_42133388"][b]KATHARINA[/b] offers an apology.[/url] 08. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/5#post_42155248][b]THE ELEVEN[/b] approach the [b]CAIRN[/b].[/url] 09. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/5#post_42157310][b]DEIMOS[/b] answers [b]PARISA[/b].[/url] 10. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/5#post_42159925][b]HAL[/b] ventures forth.[/url] 11. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/5#post_42167133][b]DEIMOS[/b] opens the door.[/url] 12. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/5#post_42167359][b]BEHRAD[/b] asks for the origin of the statues.[/url] 13. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/6#post_42167539][b]DEIMOS[/b] pours one out for [b]THE SHADOWBINDER[/b].[/url] 14. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/6#post_42167642][b]THE ELEVEN[/b] all consider giving offerings.[/url] 15. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/7#post_42175412][b]MAZON[/b] asks if the weapons were stolen.[/url] 16. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/7#post_42177715][b]DEIMOS[/b] asks about [b]CAMUS[/b].[/url] 17. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/7#post_42188113][b]THE ELEVEN[/b] begin to decipher the riddle.[/url] 18. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/7#post_42188915][b]SERAPHINA[/b] asks to leave.[/url] 19. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/8#post_42189221][b]EDEN[/b] begins escorting [b]SERAPHINA[/b] back outside.[/url] 20. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/8#post_42189408][b]SERAPHINA[/b] asks [b]EDEN[/b] about her faith.[/url] 21. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/9#post_42211606][b]SERAPHINA[/b] and [b]EDEN[/b] are interrupted by [b]WRATH[/b] and her troops.[/url] 22. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/9#post_42214042][b]EDEN[/b] takes [b]THE ELEVEN[/b] to the surface. [/quote] ----- [center][font=courier new][size=6][b]PART 1 COMPLETE[/b][/center] ----- [center][color="#cc9966"][font=Courier New][size=7][i]ACT 0: PART 2[/size] [size=5][color="#915B25"][b]THE JOURNEY[/color][/center] ----- [center][font=Courier new][color="#22C9A2"][b]CURRENT LOCATION[/b]: Traveling | [b]CURRENT MISSION[/b]: TRAVEL TO CROSWELL[/color][/center] ----- [sub]Equipped with weapons, the Eleven look amongst themselves, as if expecting one person to rise up and direct them towards the edge of the camp. However, it seems that there's no need to, as another small group of soldiers approaches them and begins to herd them towards the outskirts of the Eye of Gods. As they begin to leave, they can feel the strengthened magical tether between them and their patron deity grow ever tighter— as if unwilling to let their ward go. One foot steps outside of the boundaries of the encampment, and a sudden rush almost brings the Eleven to their knees. Their veins crackle with magic and somehow they implicitly know that they've been gifted new powers— a boon from the old gods to help them on their first trek to the magic stronghold, how quaint. [center][b]Check the Discord to see what powers your characters have received![/b][/center] ----- [quote name="Quick Actions"] [font=Courier New]00. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/1#post_2816073"][b]THE ELEVEN[/b] are granted new powers before they begin their journey.[/url] [center]- - - - - [b][font=courier new][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/11#post_42312040]TRAVEL DAY 1[/url][/font][/b] - - - - - [/center] [font=Courier New]01. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/11#post_42324095"][b]MATCHA[/b] looks behind the bushes and finds a [b]WILD BOAR[/b].[/url] [center] [font=corbel][emoji=sword and shield size=1] [b][url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/11#post_42324284"]ENCOUNTER: WILD BOAR ( 6 )[/b][/url] [emoji=sword and shield size=1][/center] [font=courier new]02. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/17#post_42484058"][b]AUTIOT[/b] attempts to heal the injured.[/url] 03. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/17#post_42484295"][b]MAZON[/b] searches for materials to make arrows.[/url] 04. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/21#post_42542347"][b]BEHRAD[/b] scavenges for edible plants.[/url] 05. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/21#post_42542378"][b]MAZON[/b] attempts to make some arrows.[/url] 06. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/21#post_42542546"][b]AUTIOT[/b] tries to fix [b]MAZON[/b]'s arrows.[/url] 07. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/21#post_42551105"][b]HAL[/b] scavenges for edible plants.[/url] 08. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/22#post_42551163"][b]MATCHA[/b] scavenges for edible plants.[/url] 09. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/22#post_42561690"][b]SERAPHINA[/b] roasts some boar meat.[/url] [center]- - - - - [b][font=courier new][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/22#post_42640162]DAY 1 END[/url][/font][/b] - - - - - [/center] ----- [center]- - - - - [b][font=courier new][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/22#post_42659734]TRAVEL DAY 2[/url][/b] - - - - - [size=2][font=courier new]Non-Actions[/size][/center] [font=courier new]01. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/22#post_42659913"][b]VIDA[/b] tries to read the[b] BOY[/b]'s thoughts.[/url] 02. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/23#post_42660499"][b]DEIMOS[/b] attempts to comfort the [b]BOY[/b].[/url] 03. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/23#post_42660962"][b]MATCHA[/b] tries to coax some information out of the [b]BOY[/b].[/url] 04. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/23#post_42661371][b]PSILOCYBE[/b] tries to investigate the [b] CAMP[/b].[/url] 05. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42661599][b]PSILOCYBE[/b] tries to investigate the [b] CAMP[/b]... again.[/url] 06. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42661599][b]MATCHA[/b] tries to coax more information out of the [b]BOY[/b].[/url] 07. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42662125][b]MAZON[/b] asks where the [b]TALL DOG[/b] went.[/url] 08. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/24#post_42662298][b]VIDA[/b] re-examines the [b]BARRIER[/b].[/url] 09. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/25#post_42662531][b]SERAPHINA[/b] looks through the camp owners’ belongings.[/url] 10. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/25#post_42662531][b]PSILOCYBE[/b] retrieves the [b]PARCHMENT[/b].[/url] 11. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/26#post_42663128][b]MAZON[/b] looks for signs of anything moving through the brush.[/url][/quote] ----- [center][font=courier new][size=6][b]PART 2 COMPLETE[/b][/center] ----- [center][color="#cc9966"][font=Courier New][size=7][i]ACT 0: PART 3[/size] [size=5][color="#915B25"][b]THE ARRIVAL[/color][/center] ----- [center][font=Courier new][color="#22C9A2"][b]CURRENT LOCATION[/b]: Croswell | [b]CURRENT MISSION[/b]: GAIN ACCESS TO THE CITY[/color][/center] ----- [sub]Time passes by in a blur, perhaps distorted by the strong magic that pulses through the entirety of the Sea of Burning Stars. The cadre of shifter-drakes find themselves at the foot of the stronghold Croswell, staring up at its colorful architecture with a measure of aw and some intimidation. "Halt!" The yell breaks the silence and all heads turn to face a man and a woman, both elegantly tall and unnaturally beautiful. It seems as though these are faefolk— elves, if memory serves. "What business do you have here? Outsiders are not permitted upon our grounds." ----- [quote name="Quick Actions"] [font=Courier New]00. [url="https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/30#post_42868222"][b]THE ELEVEN[/b] arrive at Croswell.[/url] [font=courier new]01. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/30#post_42868452][b]DEIMOS[/b] tells the [b]GUARDS[/b] about the letter.[/url] [font=courier new]02. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/30#post_42868794][b]HAL[/b] tries to intimidate the [b]GUARDS[/b].[/url] [font=courier new]03. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/31#post_42868927][b]SERAPHINA[/b] hands over the [b]LETTER[/b] while [b]BEHRAD[/b] asserts his heroism.[/url] [font=courier new]04. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/31#post_42868927][b]AUTIOT[/b] coughs up blood on [b]CASTIEN[/b]'s shoe while [b]DEIMOS[/b] tries to make small talk.[/url] [font=courier new]05. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/32#post_42869583][b]MATCHA[/b] really sticks it to [b]CASTIEN[/b] and then passes out. [b]AUTIOT[/b] then attempts to catch him.[/url]
ACT 0: PART 1
THE CONVERGENCE

CURRENT LOCATION: Eye of Gods | CURRENT MISSION: TRAVEL TO CROSWELL


The Banescale woman ushers the Eleven into the tent. It's scantly decorated, a few glowing baubles are set up here and there to act as light sources, some shelves bearing scrolls and trinkets that you can't even name, and a large table stands proudly in the middle. Chairs of different make and age are scattered around it, the person who dwells here clearly does not care much for interior design, but the map that lays across the table's surface is pristine. Not only that, but it seems to shimmer faintly from afar.

The Wildclaw stands beside the table, while the Gaoler and Nocturne both seat themselves. "I don't believe we've introduced ourselves, we are the approximation of leadership here at the Eye of Gods." One by one, they introduce themselves. The Banescale goes by the name Virtue, the Nocturne refers to herself as Wrath and the Gaoler speaks through hand motions that Wrath translates, and says that his name is Kindness. All eyes are now on the remaining Wildclaw, and he nods curtly before continuing. "Most call me Sin."

"I'm sure you're all curious as to why you've been led here, what your purpose is, and what could possibly be of such import that the divines would call you from such far reaching corners of the globe to come here and aid us. All will be answered in time, but there is much to discuss and much of it is intertwined in bewildering ways. If any of you have questions, you may ask them now, whether it be to I, my companions, or your peers, and we will provide you the best answers we can."



PART 1 COMPLETE

ACT 0: PART 2
THE JOURNEY

CURRENT LOCATION: Traveling | CURRENT MISSION: TRAVEL TO CROSWELL


Equipped with weapons, the Eleven look amongst themselves, as if expecting one person to rise up and direct them towards the edge of the camp. However, it seems that there's no need to, as another small group of soldiers approaches them and begins to herd them towards the outskirts of the Eye of Gods. As they begin to leave, they can feel the strengthened magical tether between them and their patron deity grow ever tighter— as if unwilling to let their ward go.

One foot steps outside of the boundaries of the encampment, and a sudden rush almost brings the Eleven to their knees. Their veins crackle with magic and somehow they implicitly know that they've been gifted new powers— a boon from the old gods to help them on their first trek to the magic stronghold, how quaint.

Check the Discord to see what powers your characters have received!


PART 2 COMPLETE

ACT 0: PART 3
THE ARRIVAL

CURRENT LOCATION: Croswell | CURRENT MISSION: GAIN ACCESS TO THE CITY


Time passes by in a blur, perhaps distorted by the strong magic that pulses through the entirety of the Sea of Burning Stars. The cadre of shifter-drakes find themselves at the foot of the stronghold Croswell, staring up at its colorful architecture with a measure of aw and some intimidation.

"Halt!" The yell breaks the silence and all heads turn to face a man and a woman, both elegantly tall and unnaturally beautiful. It seems as though these are faefolk— elves, if memory serves. "What business do you have here? Outsiders are not permitted upon our grounds."


RESERVED
RESERVED
A dark colored Pearlcatcher stepped forward. "Why are we here? I kept having visions that told me to come here. What exactly is this place?" she asked. The grip on her quiver tightened as she wished she hadn't run out of arrows the day before arriving.
A dark colored Pearlcatcher stepped forward. "Why are we here? I kept having visions that told me to come here. What exactly is this place?" she asked. The grip on her quiver tightened as she wished she hadn't run out of arrows the day before arriving.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2751492/10
lAH9HaN.png
[center][font=courier new]2. [b]MAZON[/b] asks why [b]THE ELEVEN[/b] are here.[/center] ----- [columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Courier New][size=5][b]SIN[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rCFSUTt.png[/img] [b][color="#5285E9"]VIRTUE[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/zIxck9E.png[/img] [b][color="#D64646"]WRATH[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LmTwFgU.png[/img] [b][color="#9972E0"]KINDNESS[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/QdR8LBm.png[/img] [nextcol] [sub]Despite the quiver being empty of ammunition, the tightening grip seems to catch Wrath's attention. The warrior almost leaps from her seat, hand already on her weapon— the only thing that prevents her from striking the moment she sees fit is the steady hand that Sin raises to calm her. With an indignant growl, the Nocturne seats herself once more, re-wrapping the bandages around her knuckles with an irritated fervor. Sin meets the Pearlcatcher's gaze. "[i][b]That's as good a question as any,[/b][/i]" he says, before stepping aside as Virtue takes his place. "[color="#5285E9"][i]I believe I'm more qualified to answer than my dear friend here. This place is known colloquially as the [b]Eye of Gods[/b], named so because of the large magical conduit located at the center of our encampment. I'm sure you've noticed it, it's a bit hard to miss,[/i][/color]" she says, chuckling. "[color="#5285E9"][i]The crystals that emerged from the place where the Earthshaker supposedly took his last breath are imbued with a powerful magical energy, though we're not certain of its source. Due to its divine origins, it seems to be able to repel the chaotic energies of The Shade. Most of the crystal is concentrated at the center of World's Edge, and is therefore not safe to access— however,[/i][/color]" she then points at a marked spot on the map. "[color="#5285E9"][i]We noticed that there was a sharp incline in magical energy here, one of the crystals had become bizarrely active and began drawing dractare here. I, Sin, and Kindness being but a few of the wanderers that have now made this place their home. The disciples of the old gods were particularly in tune with it, and have since acted as messengers for whatever supernatural power directs us.[/i][/color]" Kindness begins to sign then, his hands are a blur of movement, but Wrath appears to have no problem translating. "[color="#D64646"][i]Some of the quacks in the temple said somethin' about descendants or the chosen ones or some malarkey like that, said the spirits of the old gods were arisen from their graves or had never died in the first place, yadda yadda yadda, magical nonsense.[/i][/color]" As she says this, the Nocturne waves her hands around and wiggles her fingers mystically, to which she receives an elbow in the side from Kindness. With a grumble, she continues, seeming a bit less flippant. "[color="#D64646"][i]Basically, y'know these lil thingamajiggers?[/i][/color]" She raises the hilt of her sword and reveals the glimmering yellow gem embedded within. "[color="#D64646"][i]The giant crystal in the middle of this place is just a big one of these, the religious nuts keep sayin' that the gods've finally figured out a way to talk to us again...[/i][/color]" A silent but scornful sneer precedes her next words. "[color="#D64646"][i]'pparently sent out visions to their champions or closest descendants to help 'em out since they don't have physical forms no more.[/i][/color]" With that, both she and Kindness lapse into motionless silence. "[b][i]That's merely a theory,[/b][/i]" says Sin, now rummaging through stacks of parchments in search of something or other. "[i][b]Though the scholars and thaumaturges we have are powerful in their own right, they don't have the skill to directly communicate with the gods themselves— supposing that their assumptions are correct. So we need a way to confirm these claims, that's where you come in.[/b][/i]" He approaches the group and holds out a letter, expecting someone to take it. In the middle is a wax seal, imprinted with the shape of a star being swallowed by a serpent.
2. MAZON asks why THE ELEVEN are here.

.............................
SIN
rCFSUTt.png

VIRTUE
zIxck9E.png

WRATH
LmTwFgU.png

KINDNESS
QdR8LBm.png
Despite the quiver being empty of ammunition, the tightening grip seems to catch Wrath's attention. The warrior almost leaps from her seat, hand already on her weapon— the only thing that prevents her from striking the moment she sees fit is the steady hand that Sin raises to calm her. With an indignant growl, the Nocturne seats herself once more, re-wrapping the bandages around her knuckles with an irritated fervor.

Sin meets the Pearlcatcher's gaze. "That's as good a question as any," he says, before stepping aside as Virtue takes his place. "I believe I'm more qualified to answer than my dear friend here. This place is known colloquially as the Eye of Gods, named so because of the large magical conduit located at the center of our encampment. I'm sure you've noticed it, it's a bit hard to miss," she says, chuckling. "The crystals that emerged from the place where the Earthshaker supposedly took his last breath are imbued with a powerful magical energy, though we're not certain of its source. Due to its divine origins, it seems to be able to repel the chaotic energies of The Shade. Most of the crystal is concentrated at the center of World's Edge, and is therefore not safe to access— however," she then points at a marked spot on the map.

"We noticed that there was a sharp incline in magical energy here, one of the crystals had become bizarrely active and began drawing dractare here. I, Sin, and Kindness being but a few of the wanderers that have now made this place their home. The disciples of the old gods were particularly in tune with it, and have since acted as messengers for whatever supernatural power directs us."

Kindness begins to sign then, his hands are a blur of movement, but Wrath appears to have no problem translating. "Some of the quacks in the temple said somethin' about descendants or the chosen ones or some malarkey like that, said the spirits of the old gods were arisen from their graves or had never died in the first place, yadda yadda yadda, magical nonsense." As she says this, the Nocturne waves her hands around and wiggles her fingers mystically, to which she receives an elbow in the side from Kindness. With a grumble, she continues, seeming a bit less flippant.

"Basically, y'know these lil thingamajiggers?" She raises the hilt of her sword and reveals the glimmering yellow gem embedded within. "The giant crystal in the middle of this place is just a big one of these, the religious nuts keep sayin' that the gods've finally figured out a way to talk to us again..." A silent but scornful sneer precedes her next words. "'pparently sent out visions to their champions or closest descendants to help 'em out since they don't have physical forms no more." With that, both she and Kindness lapse into motionless silence.

"That's merely a theory," says Sin, now rummaging through stacks of parchments in search of something or other. "Though the scholars and thaumaturges we have are powerful in their own right, they don't have the skill to directly communicate with the gods themselves— supposing that their assumptions are correct. So we need a way to confirm these claims, that's where you come in." He approaches the group and holds out a letter, expecting someone to take it. In the middle is a wax seal, imprinted with the shape of a star being swallowed by a serpent.
[columns] [center][font=gabriola][color=FEE366][size=6]Seraphina[/size][/color][/font] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/406438/40643781p.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] ----- A dark-skinned skydancer stepped forward from the others, flipping some of her curls over her shoulder and out of the way before carefully grabbing the letter that Sin was holding out. "Am I allowed to open it?" she asked hesitantly, picking carefully at the seal. It was so beautiful that she didn't want to ruin the wax by clumsily ripping it open. ----- [/columns]
Seraphina
40643781p.png

A dark-skinned skydancer stepped forward from the others, flipping some of her curls over her shoulder and out of the way before carefully grabbing the letter that Sin was holding out. "Am I allowed to open it?" she asked hesitantly, picking carefully at the seal. It was so beautiful that she didn't want to ruin the wax by clumsily ripping it open.
The truth is never as simple as it seems.
nikocomm.png
[center][font=courier new]3. [b]SERAPHINA[/b] takes the letter.[/center] ----- [columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Courier New][size=5][b]SIN[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rCFSUTt.png[/img] [b][color="#5285E9"]VIRTUE[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/zIxck9E.png[/img] [b][color="#D64646"]WRATH[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LmTwFgU.png[/img] [b][color="#9972E0"]KINDNESS[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/QdR8LBm.png[/img] [nextcol] [sub]Virtue laughs once more, a melodious yet equally mournful sound. "[color="#5285E9"][i]Oh, I don't think you need to worry about that. Croswell has its ways.[/i][/color]" A few words that the Eleven cannot make out are uttered under her breath and they seem to act like a catalyst. The silver-pink seal melts away, appearing to seep into the grain of the scroll like water. As it greedily soaks in the magical wax, it unfurls in Seraphina's hands. Brilliant golden scrawl begins to lazily work its way across the page, reading as such: [indent][sub][color="#D7B127"][font=courier new][i]Trust is a commodity in this age, and yet you deign to so flippantly ask for it. Were times not so dire, this would be a declaration of aggression unto our people. We shall make an exception this time, as I'm sure even those of you who are ignorant of the thaumaturgic forces that rule our world can sense the approaching darkness. You so brazenly claim that your world weary disciples and uneducated sorcerers can understand the long dead gods, when even we here have toiled for centuries on end with little to show for our work. Prove your claims then, send these "chosen" to our city state. Our scholars have toiled long before your little group of insurgents was even cobbled together, we've long since devised a plan to test the mettle of those who claim to be the Scions of the Mighty.[/indent] [sub]The same seal from the wax burns itself into the bottom corner of the letter. The fiery golden tendrils of ink weave across the page then, forming a rudimentary map showing the way from the Eye of Gods to Croswell. It appears that the trip should take a few days, as long as there's no hindrance. Wrath murmurs something about magicians and their unnecessary showmanship, though the comment goes largely ignored by the rest of the founders. "[b][i]Unnecessarily vague and ominous, I know,[/b][/i]" says Sin, scrunching up his nose. "[b][i]Unfortunately, Croswell is the only source of information we currently have. We received that correspondence about two weeks prior to your arrival, at the time we were unsure of whether or not you'd even show, so they've been waiting for response or action ever since. I recommend travelling as soon as—[/b][/i]" Just then, Sin is interrupted as the feathers of Virtue's cape smacks him across the face. He sputters as she nudges him out of the way and addresses the group. "[color="#5285E9"][i]I apologize, Sin never developed the social graces to handle delicate situations,[/i][/color]" she says, and in the background the Wildclaw gives a bewildered look of betrayal while Wrath and Kindness snicker behind their hands. "[color="#5285E9"][i]I'm sure you're all exhausted from your trek, please do take care of yourselves before heading out. Introduce yourselves to the kind people around our humble camp, stock up on supplies, rest, pray, anything you need. Speak to Kindness if you'd like to be shown where you'll be staying.[/i][/color]" The Gaoler male nods, and Virtue unclips a pouch from her waist, gently handing it to Seraphina. "[color="#5285E9"][i]Since you're all mature, I'm sure you can divide this fairly amongst yourselves.[/i][/color]" From behind her, Sin clears his throat, his gaze grave, sharply contrasting the somewhat lighthearted way that Virtue had been speaking. She sighs then and turns back to the Eleven. "[color="#5285E9"][i]Though, I do suppose that you shouldn't rest for more than [b]SEVEN DAYS[/b], it seems as though the situation is dire.[/i][/color]"
3. SERAPHINA takes the letter.

.............................
SIN
rCFSUTt.png

VIRTUE
zIxck9E.png

WRATH
LmTwFgU.png

KINDNESS
QdR8LBm.png
Virtue laughs once more, a melodious yet equally mournful sound. "Oh, I don't think you need to worry about that. Croswell has its ways." A few words that the Eleven cannot make out are uttered under her breath and they seem to act like a catalyst. The silver-pink seal melts away, appearing to seep into the grain of the scroll like water. As it greedily soaks in the magical wax, it unfurls in Seraphina's hands. Brilliant golden scrawl begins to lazily work its way across the page, reading as such:

Trust is a commodity in this age, and yet you deign to so flippantly ask for it. Were times not so dire, this would be a declaration of aggression unto our people. We shall make an exception this time, as I'm sure even those of you who are ignorant of the thaumaturgic forces that rule our world can sense the approaching darkness.

You so brazenly claim that your world weary disciples and uneducated sorcerers can understand the long dead gods, when even we here have toiled for centuries on end with little to show for our work. Prove your claims then, send these "chosen" to our city state. Our scholars have toiled long before your little group of insurgents was even cobbled together, we've long since devised a plan to test the mettle of those who claim to be the Scions of the Mighty.

The same seal from the wax burns itself into the bottom corner of the letter. The fiery golden tendrils of ink weave across the page then, forming a rudimentary map showing the way from the Eye of Gods to Croswell. It appears that the trip should take a few days, as long as there's no hindrance. Wrath murmurs something about magicians and their unnecessary showmanship, though the comment goes largely ignored by the rest of the founders.

"Unnecessarily vague and ominous, I know," says Sin, scrunching up his nose. "Unfortunately, Croswell is the only source of information we currently have. We received that correspondence about two weeks prior to your arrival, at the time we were unsure of whether or not you'd even show, so they've been waiting for response or action ever since. I recommend travelling as soon as—" Just then, Sin is interrupted as the feathers of Virtue's cape smacks him across the face. He sputters as she nudges him out of the way and addresses the group.

"I apologize, Sin never developed the social graces to handle delicate situations," she says, and in the background the Wildclaw gives a bewildered look of betrayal while Wrath and Kindness snicker behind their hands. "I'm sure you're all exhausted from your trek, please do take care of yourselves before heading out. Introduce yourselves to the kind people around our humble camp, stock up on supplies, rest, pray, anything you need. Speak to Kindness if you'd like to be shown where you'll be staying." The Gaoler male nods, and Virtue unclips a pouch from her waist, gently handing it to Seraphina. "Since you're all mature, I'm sure you can divide this fairly amongst yourselves."

From behind her, Sin clears his throat, his gaze grave, sharply contrasting the somewhat lighthearted way that Virtue had been speaking. She sighs then and turns back to the Eleven. "Though, I do suppose that you shouldn't rest for more than SEVEN DAYS, it seems as though the situation is dire."
    [indent][columns][color=transparent] [nextcol][font=corbel][size=4][b]» hal.[/b] [emoji=sword and shield][emoji=nature rune][/size] [size=3]since departing with matcha and coming upon several, interested dractare willing and [i]wanting[/i] to converse with him, hal had felt uneasy. constantly, he remained tense, waiting for one of these dragons that had brought them within to pounce. while they seemed keen on being helpful and answering any questions his current companions had, hal didn't trust them. even as a dark colored pearlcatcher stepped forward to ask the first question, his eyes narrowed at her, hal silently agreeing with the why part. visions? what sort of company was he partaking in? maybe he should get out of here while he still could... however, several of the dragons dared to provide answers to her questions... this call, whatever had silently drew him here, had come from his pendant? hal sent a look to his own arm brace, brow furrowed. eyeing the letter held out, a skydancer ended up being the one to reach out and take it. daring. magically, the scroll even started to unfurl in the female's hands, writing scrawled itself elegantly along the page. finally, hal dared to be the one to plant his feet into the floor and speak up as money was proceeded to be dropped into her hands— [b]"why should we trust what you are saying? fancy scroll or not?"[/b] hal didn't know. it could be fake. however, he was keen on the idea of money.[nextcol] [item=glass knife][/columns][/indent]

» hal.
since departing with matcha and coming upon several, interested dractare willing and wanting to converse with him, hal had felt uneasy. constantly, he remained tense, waiting for one of these dragons that had brought them within to pounce. while they seemed keen on being helpful and answering any questions his current companions had, hal didn't trust them. even as a dark colored pearlcatcher stepped forward to ask the first question, his eyes narrowed at her, hal silently agreeing with the why part. visions? what sort of company was he partaking in? maybe he should get out of here while he still could...

however, several of the dragons dared to provide answers to her questions... this call, whatever had silently drew him here, had come from his pendant? hal sent a look to his own arm brace, brow furrowed. eyeing the letter held out, a skydancer ended up being the one to reach out and take it. daring. magically, the scroll even started to unfurl in the female's hands, writing scrawled itself elegantly along the page. finally, hal dared to be the one to plant his feet into the floor and speak up as money was proceeded to be dropped into her hands— "why should we trust what you are saying? fancy scroll or not?"

hal didn't know. it could be fake. however, he was keen on the idea of money.
a6JurCN.png
[center][font=courier new]4. [b]HAL[/b] questions [b]THE FOUNDERS[/b].[/center] ----- [columns][center][color=transparent].............................[/color] [font=Courier New][size=5][b]SIN[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rCFSUTt.png[/img] [b][color="#5285E9"]VIRTUE[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/zIxck9E.png[/img] [b][color="#D64646"]WRATH[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/LmTwFgU.png[/img] [b][color="#9972E0"]KINDNESS[/b][/color] [img]https://i.imgur.com/QdR8LBm.png[/img] [nextcol] [sub]The four fall eerily silent, even Wrath's angered expression fades away into one of mild concern. It seems as though they were expecting this, but had not devised a good answer. They share worried glances, as though considering whether or not they should shrug off the question entirely. The air heavy with unease and uncertainty; it's Sin who speaks first. "[b][i]Because you must.[/i][/b]" He seems to prevent himself from physically cringing at the lackluster response. "[b][i]We do not know enough to speak of it to any great depth, but the scroll referenced it as well, and I'm sure you all could feel it somewhere deep within you: the chaos.[/i][/b]" "[b][i]All of us here are far too young to have experienced the Darkest Day for ourselves, but there is something primal within that still holds an ancient fear of The Shade. We fear that something dark is coming, that is why the gods are once more attempting to return to us to protect what is left of their legacy. I do not have a good reason as to why you should trust us,[/i][/b]" the Wildclaw turns to meet Hal's gaze, pale blue irises steely and intense, challenging and cold. "[b][i]But you will either gamble with your own life or the lives of all those that dwell in the remains of Sornieth, so choose the lesser evil or let the whole world suffer as a result.[/i][/b]"
4. HAL questions THE FOUNDERS.

.............................
SIN
rCFSUTt.png

VIRTUE
zIxck9E.png

WRATH
LmTwFgU.png

KINDNESS
QdR8LBm.png
The four fall eerily silent, even Wrath's angered expression fades away into one of mild concern. It seems as though they were expecting this, but had not devised a good answer. They share worried glances, as though considering whether or not they should shrug off the question entirely. The air heavy with unease and uncertainty; it's Sin who speaks first. "Because you must." He seems to prevent himself from physically cringing at the lackluster response. "We do not know enough to speak of it to any great depth, but the scroll referenced it as well, and I'm sure you all could feel it somewhere deep within you: the chaos."

"All of us here are far too young to have experienced the Darkest Day for ourselves, but there is something primal within that still holds an ancient fear of The Shade. We fear that something dark is coming, that is why the gods are once more attempting to return to us to protect what is left of their legacy. I do not have a good reason as to why you should trust us," the Wildclaw turns to meet Hal's gaze, pale blue irises steely and intense, challenging and cold. "But you will either gamble with your own life or the lives of all those that dwell in the remains of Sornieth, so choose the lesser evil or let the whole world suffer as a result."
[columns][font=times new roman]Autiot had his reservations the moment he was drawn to the tent with the other eleven. His earlier encounter with Matcha and Deimos had left him feeling mildly happy and warm, which only served to set him on edge the moment he realized what was happening. [b]"They've given us no reason to distrust them,"[/b] Autiot murmured, crossing his arms and examining the founders with uneasy coldness in his eyes. [b]"And we have everything to lose if you four are telling the truth,"[/b] He paused, considering his next words carefully. [b]"So you want us to travel to Croswell and prove ourselves to them there? Entertaining the idea you're telling us the truth, what do you think their next step would be- In fact, what's your next step if we are proven as legitimate- Champions, or whatever you called us?"[/b][/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Autiot had his reservations the moment he was drawn to the tent with the other eleven. His earlier encounter with Matcha and Deimos had left him feeling mildly happy and warm, which only served to set him on edge the moment he realized what was happening.

"They've given us no reason to distrust them," Autiot murmured, crossing his arms and examining the founders with uneasy coldness in his eyes. "And we have everything to lose if you four are telling the truth,"

He paused, considering his next words carefully. "So you want us to travel to Croswell and prove ourselves to them there? Entertaining the idea you're telling us the truth, what do you think their next step would be- In fact, what's your next step if we are proven as legitimate- Champions, or whatever you called us?"
38902766.png

[Selling] Imperials with lore & art
[Lore] Progress Report
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"He has a point," Mazon said. "If we pass this test, then what happens? If the darkness is coming back, then surely there must be better things to do with our time. Warriors need to be trained and armored. Mages need to be informed and spell components gathered."
"He has a point," Mazon said. "If we pass this test, then what happens? If the darkness is coming back, then surely there must be better things to do with our time. Warriors need to be trained and armored. Mages need to be informed and spell components gathered."
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2751492/10
lAH9HaN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 42 43