Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private!
1 2
@Lovable no worries! we all get on when we can or when we feel like it, there's no pressure! i'm so hyped about this tbh, their whole interaction is just adorable!

Fey lifted a little, pleasantly surprised to find someone else with an affinity for Sornieth's leafy greens. Now that he thought about it, why wouldn't he have noticed this before? Dellingr had a rose in his mouth, duh. Typical of Fey to pay attention to plants and not their implications.

This dragon was so close, his demeanor so strange, and yet the purple mirror was so attracted to him, allured by his curious presence, how he seemed to be somewhere else even as they spoke, how bright mystery and pure spirit radiated from him. He was one of the most entrancing dragons he'd ever met, and that was saying something. Dellingr was a dream, Fey thought. A dream incarnate, inches from all four of his disbelieving eyes.

It took him a second to process the question. He jolted a bit, having forgotten where he was for a brief instance.

"Oh! I'm looking for a rare plant that grows in a specific region there. Aether cherries, to be exact. I'm studying their possible medicinal properties."

He automatically felt more of a connection to Dellingr at his revelation of their shared love of plants. Hesitantly, he offered up his own question.

"What about you? You say it's a dangerous journey, yet you take it yourself. What might be your goal?"
@Lovable no worries! we all get on when we can or when we feel like it, there's no pressure! i'm so hyped about this tbh, their whole interaction is just adorable!

Fey lifted a little, pleasantly surprised to find someone else with an affinity for Sornieth's leafy greens. Now that he thought about it, why wouldn't he have noticed this before? Dellingr had a rose in his mouth, duh. Typical of Fey to pay attention to plants and not their implications.

This dragon was so close, his demeanor so strange, and yet the purple mirror was so attracted to him, allured by his curious presence, how he seemed to be somewhere else even as they spoke, how bright mystery and pure spirit radiated from him. He was one of the most entrancing dragons he'd ever met, and that was saying something. Dellingr was a dream, Fey thought. A dream incarnate, inches from all four of his disbelieving eyes.

It took him a second to process the question. He jolted a bit, having forgotten where he was for a brief instance.

"Oh! I'm looking for a rare plant that grows in a specific region there. Aether cherries, to be exact. I'm studying their possible medicinal properties."

He automatically felt more of a connection to Dellingr at his revelation of their shared love of plants. Hesitantly, he offered up his own question.

"What about you? You say it's a dangerous journey, yet you take it yourself. What might be your goal?"
@coatlfeathers Fey is having a crises and I love these boys!

Dellingr's face hardened at the questioned. His bright eyes studied the Mirror, seemingly assessing something. Fey's expression was innocent, curious. Dellingr could see his brilliant pink hide shimmering in all four of Fey's eyes.

It wasn't that he didn't want to answer the dragon. Fey had, after all, answered Dellingr's questions with enthusiasm. He lifted his head towards the sky, which was now displaying a beautiful robin egg's blue. It was a few beats more before he finally replied, choosing his words carefully.

"I'm soul searching. I don't have a set path laid out, and if I happen across some rare plants, well...all the better." He gave a mysterious smile, one that hinted there was more to his story, but he didn't elaborate further.

"If you would be so kind as to have me, I could actually use some company. Very little is known about that species of cherry..." Excitement now rang like a bell in Dellingr's usual baritone.

Reminiscent of a cat, the Skydancer stretched his lanky hind legs, curving his back inward. Every inch of the dragon was fine-tuned for sharp turns, speed, and elegance, but he was prepared to move slower to accommodate the smaller dragon. He gazed fondly down at the purple shape standing among the shoots of grass and wildflowers.

It had been a long time since he just enjoyed the sights.
@coatlfeathers Fey is having a crises and I love these boys!

Dellingr's face hardened at the questioned. His bright eyes studied the Mirror, seemingly assessing something. Fey's expression was innocent, curious. Dellingr could see his brilliant pink hide shimmering in all four of Fey's eyes.

It wasn't that he didn't want to answer the dragon. Fey had, after all, answered Dellingr's questions with enthusiasm. He lifted his head towards the sky, which was now displaying a beautiful robin egg's blue. It was a few beats more before he finally replied, choosing his words carefully.

"I'm soul searching. I don't have a set path laid out, and if I happen across some rare plants, well...all the better." He gave a mysterious smile, one that hinted there was more to his story, but he didn't elaborate further.

"If you would be so kind as to have me, I could actually use some company. Very little is known about that species of cherry..." Excitement now rang like a bell in Dellingr's usual baritone.

Reminiscent of a cat, the Skydancer stretched his lanky hind legs, curving his back inward. Every inch of the dragon was fine-tuned for sharp turns, speed, and elegance, but he was prepared to move slower to accommodate the smaller dragon. He gazed fondly down at the purple shape standing among the shoots of grass and wildflowers.

It had been a long time since he just enjoyed the sights.
arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
@Lovable he’s having a gay crisis and I’m here for it

The purple mirror needed a second to think about the other’s question, the same way Dellingr needed time to think about his. To wander Sornieth with his newfound plant friend, documenting and putting new species to use, an unstoppable botanical duo... well, it was quite the alluring prospect, to say the least.

However, on the other hand, Fey’s anxiety nagged. He had a clan to heal, plants to take care of. If this journey lasted longer than his initial plan, then what? Where would Dellingr’s soul take him? He didn’t even know a lot about this new dragon, they’d just met, for Gladekeeper’s sakes. What if this was some element of the shade trying to lure him in? What if-

“I think that’s a sound idea, my friend. I think it will be interesting to see what we discover. Maybe I can do a little soul searching myself.”

What. Was. He. Doing. There was a whole mental list of reasons not to trust this dragon right there! All rational thought defied this! And yet...Fey smiled. Some primal instinct in him trusted Dellingr.
@Lovable he’s having a gay crisis and I’m here for it

The purple mirror needed a second to think about the other’s question, the same way Dellingr needed time to think about his. To wander Sornieth with his newfound plant friend, documenting and putting new species to use, an unstoppable botanical duo... well, it was quite the alluring prospect, to say the least.

However, on the other hand, Fey’s anxiety nagged. He had a clan to heal, plants to take care of. If this journey lasted longer than his initial plan, then what? Where would Dellingr’s soul take him? He didn’t even know a lot about this new dragon, they’d just met, for Gladekeeper’s sakes. What if this was some element of the shade trying to lure him in? What if-

“I think that’s a sound idea, my friend. I think it will be interesting to see what we discover. Maybe I can do a little soul searching myself.”

What. Was. He. Doing. There was a whole mental list of reasons not to trust this dragon right there! All rational thought defied this! And yet...Fey smiled. Some primal instinct in him trusted Dellingr.
@coatlfeathers Fey is internally screaming and I love it

"Wonderful!" Dellingr stated with an air of completing an especially lucrative business transaction. "I don't have any belongings that I need to pack..." He trailed off, craning his neck to glance around him, as if to confirm to himself that, yes, he didn't magically obtain several objects of luggage within the last few minutes.

The afternoon brought with it steadier winds than the morning had, drifting pollen, bits of leaves, petals and any foliage that broke away from nature's grasp. It would be perfect for gliding, sailing with his wingtips brushing against the soft grasses and weeds. But he ignored the urge in his legs to kick off into the air, sailing like a kite, perfectly steady and even. Instead, he brushed away stray pieces of grass that landed on Fey's shoulder, and trotted forward.

"It will be a very long journey, but those are the best ones." Dellingr smirked around the dewy pink rose that he held in his sharp beak. He was perfectly capable of storing it in his feathers, but he preferred to carry it around where he could smell it's distinctive, relaxing scent.

The Skydancer jumped along the tangles of thistle and weeds that collected around the perfectly smashed path that Snappers were prone to use. He bounced with happy energy before landing back on the smooth, packed dirt, leaving small claw marks pocked into the soil, and repeated the action, seemingly unable to stay still. His energy contradicted the mysterious, calm aura he usually attempted to give off. It was hard to act stoic when the day was so perfectly aligned for traveling.

"Should we stop anywhere before making real progress forward?" Dellingr asked suddenly after trotting a few feet down the path, his long legs making quick strides compared to a mirror's smaller ones. "I don't have a clan to check in on...well," he chuckled darkly. "Not any worth checking in on at the moment."
@coatlfeathers Fey is internally screaming and I love it

"Wonderful!" Dellingr stated with an air of completing an especially lucrative business transaction. "I don't have any belongings that I need to pack..." He trailed off, craning his neck to glance around him, as if to confirm to himself that, yes, he didn't magically obtain several objects of luggage within the last few minutes.

The afternoon brought with it steadier winds than the morning had, drifting pollen, bits of leaves, petals and any foliage that broke away from nature's grasp. It would be perfect for gliding, sailing with his wingtips brushing against the soft grasses and weeds. But he ignored the urge in his legs to kick off into the air, sailing like a kite, perfectly steady and even. Instead, he brushed away stray pieces of grass that landed on Fey's shoulder, and trotted forward.

"It will be a very long journey, but those are the best ones." Dellingr smirked around the dewy pink rose that he held in his sharp beak. He was perfectly capable of storing it in his feathers, but he preferred to carry it around where he could smell it's distinctive, relaxing scent.

The Skydancer jumped along the tangles of thistle and weeds that collected around the perfectly smashed path that Snappers were prone to use. He bounced with happy energy before landing back on the smooth, packed dirt, leaving small claw marks pocked into the soil, and repeated the action, seemingly unable to stay still. His energy contradicted the mysterious, calm aura he usually attempted to give off. It was hard to act stoic when the day was so perfectly aligned for traveling.

"Should we stop anywhere before making real progress forward?" Dellingr asked suddenly after trotting a few feet down the path, his long legs making quick strides compared to a mirror's smaller ones. "I don't have a clan to check in on...well," he chuckled darkly. "Not any worth checking in on at the moment."
@Lovable hhhh i'm so sorry for not responding, school has been hell lately :((( aaaaaaaaaaa i'm glad i finally got a chance to!

The rush of blood to Fey's face upon Dellingr touching his shoulder was unexpected but not entirely unwelcome. He'd only known this dragon for a few minutes, and yet he found himself inexplicably close to this stranger. They barely knew anything about each other. And now he was on this strange journey. This was not his plan for today.

Fey's tail swished across the dirt. "I don't see any reason to stop at the moment. We've got the day ahead of us, and we're not getting any closer to where we're headed." His eyes caught on how the wind tugged at Dellingr, how he seemingly itched to be moving and traveling. A pang of guilt hit the purple dragon. It was like he was holding his new friend back from the freedom he clearly longed to have.

They were quite opposite, truly. One long, slim, graceful, shimmering. The other stocky, stout, laden with bags of herbs and not particularly well-groomed. Yin and Yang, they faced each other on the path, both opposite but together nonetheless. Dellingr's comment about his clan and the tone that it had threw Fey a bit; he hesitated, but decided not to mention it, instead storing it away for a different time.

"You don't... you don't have to wait for me, you know. I don't wanna stop you from flying just because I'm walking." His claws scraped at the path anxiously. He had the same energy about him as Dellingr, but more nervous than anticipatory. His was movement for movement's sake. Fey's was to expel tension. Of which he had a lot.
@Lovable hhhh i'm so sorry for not responding, school has been hell lately :((( aaaaaaaaaaa i'm glad i finally got a chance to!

The rush of blood to Fey's face upon Dellingr touching his shoulder was unexpected but not entirely unwelcome. He'd only known this dragon for a few minutes, and yet he found himself inexplicably close to this stranger. They barely knew anything about each other. And now he was on this strange journey. This was not his plan for today.

Fey's tail swished across the dirt. "I don't see any reason to stop at the moment. We've got the day ahead of us, and we're not getting any closer to where we're headed." His eyes caught on how the wind tugged at Dellingr, how he seemingly itched to be moving and traveling. A pang of guilt hit the purple dragon. It was like he was holding his new friend back from the freedom he clearly longed to have.

They were quite opposite, truly. One long, slim, graceful, shimmering. The other stocky, stout, laden with bags of herbs and not particularly well-groomed. Yin and Yang, they faced each other on the path, both opposite but together nonetheless. Dellingr's comment about his clan and the tone that it had threw Fey a bit; he hesitated, but decided not to mention it, instead storing it away for a different time.

"You don't... you don't have to wait for me, you know. I don't wanna stop you from flying just because I'm walking." His claws scraped at the path anxiously. He had the same energy about him as Dellingr, but more nervous than anticipatory. His was movement for movement's sake. Fey's was to expel tension. Of which he had a lot.
@coatlfeathers

The conversation flowed naturally, and Dellingr thought the mirror's voice sounded good against the rustling of foliage in the morning breeze. His twinkling, golden eyes held warmth and bemusement at the smaller dragon's mannerisms. While Dellingr felt his body was crafted by the wind and light that now surrounded them, he had the suspicion this dragon was more earthly, like the deeply rooted trees that always held his fascination.

His racing mind - because his mind was always racing, even in sleep - flashed him images of mountains and spires and redwoods that acted like boundaries around Sornieth.

Only when he sensed, more than heard, the anxiety in the smaller dragon's voice did his mind come to screeching halt. Fey was pawing at the ground, seemingly...embarrassed? Ashamed? Was it so obvious that Dellingr yearned to sore and glide on the warm currents? He ducked his head.

"No, no, don't-" Dellingr cocked his head, plucking the right words from his birdbrained mind. His wings naturally stretched to accept the pull and tug of the wind, but the thought of walking - actually taking in the scenery - sounded strangely appealing as well. "I can walk. I want to walk with you."

At home, he would have many fancy words to express his thoughts. Oftentimes, he would be asked to join the Seelie courts due to his way of crafting words. But Dellingr found it harder to be so grandiose with this little dragon. Perhaps it was because Fey didn't put on a persona. Everything about Fey seemed...genuine. Sweetly genuine. And real. It was a nice change compared to the dragons in his clan.

He nodded to punctuate his resolve, and tucked his wings tightly to his sides. Practicing patience was long-overdo for the skydancer anyway.
@coatlfeathers

The conversation flowed naturally, and Dellingr thought the mirror's voice sounded good against the rustling of foliage in the morning breeze. His twinkling, golden eyes held warmth and bemusement at the smaller dragon's mannerisms. While Dellingr felt his body was crafted by the wind and light that now surrounded them, he had the suspicion this dragon was more earthly, like the deeply rooted trees that always held his fascination.

His racing mind - because his mind was always racing, even in sleep - flashed him images of mountains and spires and redwoods that acted like boundaries around Sornieth.

Only when he sensed, more than heard, the anxiety in the smaller dragon's voice did his mind come to screeching halt. Fey was pawing at the ground, seemingly...embarrassed? Ashamed? Was it so obvious that Dellingr yearned to sore and glide on the warm currents? He ducked his head.

"No, no, don't-" Dellingr cocked his head, plucking the right words from his birdbrained mind. His wings naturally stretched to accept the pull and tug of the wind, but the thought of walking - actually taking in the scenery - sounded strangely appealing as well. "I can walk. I want to walk with you."

At home, he would have many fancy words to express his thoughts. Oftentimes, he would be asked to join the Seelie courts due to his way of crafting words. But Dellingr found it harder to be so grandiose with this little dragon. Perhaps it was because Fey didn't put on a persona. Everything about Fey seemed...genuine. Sweetly genuine. And real. It was a nice change compared to the dragons in his clan.

He nodded to punctuate his resolve, and tucked his wings tightly to his sides. Practicing patience was long-overdo for the skydancer anyway.
1 2