Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private!
1 2
@Lovable i’m digging the idea of a few dragons meeting and stuff happening in order to flesh out lore. A few i wanted to focus on from my lair are: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44287895] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/442879/44287895_350.png[/img] [/url] Willy, my alchemist/scientist [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56546204] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/565463/56546204_350.png[/img] [/url] Smyght, an accidental seer who was “blessed” by the arcanist. She just wants to get back to being a normal dragon, though. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49170908] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491710/49170908_350.png[/img] [/url] Reed, my strange feral swamp lady! She’s kind, just rough. We don’t have to use those dragons, they’re just underdeveloped. Which dragons would you want to use? Do you have any ideas in mind on how the plot can go or are we just winging this? I’m cool with either!
@Lovable i’m digging the idea of a few dragons meeting and stuff happening in order to flesh out lore. A few i wanted to focus on from my lair are:

44287895_350.png

Willy, my alchemist/scientist

56546204_350.png

Smyght, an accidental seer who was “blessed” by the arcanist. She just wants to get back to being a normal dragon, though.

49170908_350.png

Reed, my strange feral swamp lady! She’s kind, just rough.

We don’t have to use those dragons, they’re just underdeveloped. Which dragons would you want to use? Do you have any ideas in mind on how the plot can go or are we just winging this? I’m cool with either!
@coatlfeathers Your dragons are so beautiful! Willy and Reed especially look so good as water dragons! And Smyght's story would work really nice with my dragons, because my dragons too are "blessed" by magic but there's various degrees of how accepting of these blessings they are. I really like all of them, but especially Smyght and Reed! here are my picks! -^^- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=352202&tab=dragon&did=58095310][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/580954/58095310_350.png[/img][/url] Bathilda is my eccentric, hyperactive 'magical girl' witch, who is studying magic and experimenting with how it reacts to different situations. She can sense auras and almost feel magical currents as it flows through dragons. Bathilda would be interesting pairing up with Smyght I think, but would work well with any of your three! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=352202&tab=dragon&did=58556712][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/585568/58556712_350.png[/img][/url] Allura, painfully shy but quick to react unpredictably if cornered. Self-conscious, people expect Allura to be cold-hearted and blood thirsty, but she'd rather live a quieter life, and is a rather big scaredy-cat. She uses her power of mist to hide herself from trouble, and secretly adores small, fuzzy creatures. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=352202&tab=dragon&did=42845004][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428451/42845004_350.png[/img][/url] Dellingr is my clan botanist, and mostly specializes in embarrassing himself with his botched experiments. He adores traveling, and can be seen rambling on about some rare rose or weed to whoever will listen. He also dabbles in magic, although he's a terrible alchemist, and tries to create new plants by splicing different breeds together. He has a pet rose. Ahh we don't have to use these ones either, but let me know if you vibe with any! I'm good with just winging it! Maybe we are both tasked to doing something, or we run into each other and decide to travel or something? I'm pretty good at improvising with no plot if you just want to throw something out there! :)
@coatlfeathers Your dragons are so beautiful! Willy and Reed especially look so good as water dragons! And Smyght's story would work really nice with my dragons, because my dragons too are "blessed" by magic but there's various degrees of how accepting of these blessings they are.

I really like all of them, but especially Smyght and Reed!

here are my picks! -^^-

58095310_350.png

Bathilda is my eccentric, hyperactive 'magical girl' witch, who is studying magic and experimenting with how it reacts to different situations. She can sense auras and almost feel magical currents as it flows through dragons. Bathilda would be interesting pairing up with Smyght I think, but would work well with any of your three!

58556712_350.png

Allura, painfully shy but quick to react unpredictably if cornered. Self-conscious, people expect Allura to be cold-hearted and blood thirsty, but she'd rather live a quieter life, and is a rather big scaredy-cat. She uses her power of mist to hide herself from trouble, and secretly adores small, fuzzy creatures.

42845004_350.png

Dellingr is my clan botanist, and mostly specializes in embarrassing himself with his botched experiments. He adores traveling, and can be seen rambling on about some rare rose or weed to whoever will listen. He also dabbles in magic, although he's a terrible alchemist, and tries to create new plants by splicing different breeds together. He has a pet rose.

Ahh we don't have to use these ones either, but let me know if you vibe with any! I'm good with just winging it! Maybe we are both tasked to doing something, or we run into each other and decide to travel or something? I'm pretty good at improvising with no plot if you just want to throw something out there! :)

arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
@Lovable I’m totally vibing with Allura and Dellingr! Mist powers sounds so cool,, our botanists can meet! I love pretty plant boys.
I think that just traveling as a start is a good idea! It leaves a lot of room to do whatever in the future. I’m really sorry for dragging this out so long, do you want me to start or would you like to?
@Lovable I’m totally vibing with Allura and Dellingr! Mist powers sounds so cool,, our botanists can meet! I love pretty plant boys.
I think that just traveling as a start is a good idea! It leaves a lot of room to do whatever in the future. I’m really sorry for dragging this out so long, do you want me to start or would you like to?
@coatlfeathers Oohh I would love for our botanists to meet up! That would be a good excuse for them to end up traveling together ovo You can set it up if you want, that way you can introduce your boy and set the scene and I can follow after; im literally good with anything [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
@coatlfeathers Oohh I would love for our botanists to meet up! That would be a good excuse for them to end up traveling together ovo

You can set it up if you want, that way you can introduce your boy and set the scene and I can follow after; im literally good with anything
@Lovable [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48650735] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/486508/48650735_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]The Windswept Plateau was home to a good many plants. Many were light and airy, like the dragons that lived there, and a soft green, as if made from the windsinger himself. In leiu of trees, this place was encrusted with bamboo stalks. To the untrained eye, it was one species of bamboo, but Fey knew the subtle differences between the different types. It was a balmy day, the everpresent breezes warm and calming. It seemed the purple mirror was alone on this footpath. It had been made for snappers, so it was wide and trampled despite only one species using it. A few dragons occasionally flitted overhead, too much in a rush to bother with walking. To tell the truth, Fey was only walking just in case he found a patch of herb or grass to put harvest and take with him on his journey to the Starfall Isles. For this reason, he wasn’t moving with haste. It was a nice day, among nice plants, calm, alone... there was no reason to rush. The rare arcane plant he was looking for would still be in the Arcanist’s domain when he got there.[/i]
@Lovable

48650735_350.png

The Windswept Plateau was home to a good many plants. Many were light and airy, like the dragons that lived there, and a soft green, as if made from the windsinger himself. In leiu of trees, this place was encrusted with bamboo stalks. To the untrained eye, it was one species of bamboo, but Fey knew the subtle differences between the different types. It was a balmy day, the everpresent breezes warm and calming. It seemed the purple mirror was alone on this footpath. It had been made for snappers, so it was wide and trampled despite only one species using it. A few dragons occasionally flitted overhead, too much in a rush to bother with walking. To tell the truth, Fey was only walking just in case he found a patch of herb or grass to put harvest and take with him on his journey to the Starfall Isles. For this reason, he wasn’t moving with haste. It was a nice day, among nice plants, calm, alone... there was no reason to rush. The rare arcane plant he was looking for would still be in the Arcanist’s domain when he got there.
@coatlfeathers (Sorry, some things came up, but I'm good now! I love Fey oh my gosh, imagining him shuffling along the path and poking around is so adorable ;o; ) [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428451/42845004_350.png[/img] The Windswept Plateau was known for being among the most peaceful places for both fauna and foliage alike. The gentle wind sighed through the quiet land, tugging at frocks of hair, running through the flowers in almost romantic gestures. Even the sun gave love to this land, its warm rays of light reaching between long bamboo stalks, twinkling between vibrant green tree leaves. Among the emerald greens of grass, among the splashes of colorful wildflowers, pranced a lone shape, glittering brilliantly in the touches of the sunlight, was a Skydancer. He seemed to be embraced in a wild dance, twisting his body with the wind, allowing his wings to lift him into a beautiful glide before landing once more, only to repeat his actions. In his mouth clutched a brilliant dewy rose. He sighed and leaned into the breeze that ruffled his feathers and brushed his cheeks. He wasn't working very hard that morning; he knew the rare and exotic plants that he coveted would be waiting for him, wherever they happened to be. In the meantime, he would let the wind guide his way.
@coatlfeathers (Sorry, some things came up, but I'm good now! I love Fey oh my gosh, imagining him shuffling along the path and poking around is so adorable ;o; )

42845004_350.png

The Windswept Plateau was known for being among the most peaceful places for both fauna and foliage alike. The gentle wind sighed through the quiet land, tugging at frocks of hair, running through the flowers in almost romantic gestures. Even the sun gave love to this land, its warm rays of light reaching between long bamboo stalks, twinkling between vibrant green tree leaves.

Among the emerald greens of grass, among the splashes of colorful wildflowers, pranced a lone shape, glittering brilliantly in the touches of the sunlight, was a Skydancer.

He seemed to be embraced in a wild dance, twisting his body with the wind, allowing his wings to lift him into a beautiful glide before landing once more, only to repeat his actions. In his mouth clutched a brilliant dewy rose.

He sighed and leaned into the breeze that ruffled his feathers and brushed his cheeks. He wasn't working very hard that morning; he knew the rare and exotic plants that he coveted would be waiting for him, wherever they happened to be.

In the meantime, he would let the wind guide his way.

@Lovable it’s no problem, don’t worry about it! [emoji=coatl happy size=1] fey’s one of my favorites so i’m Happy to finally be able to share him with someone! I love the flowiness of your boyo and the image your reply conjures up. So absorbed was Fey in the foreign grasses on the sides of this path, and so wrapped up in his own peace, that he didn’t realize the sparkling pink skydancer was coming at him until it was too late. Luckily, the vibrant dragon floated over Fey with the grace of a kite. The mirror blinked, one set of eyes and then the other. It took him a second to process what had just happened. The being that had just glided over him like the wind itself was gorgeous. The other dragon touched down, and Fey turned to him. “Well, that was something. I almost bumped into you.” He gave a slightly nervous laugh. It wouldn’t have been truly disastrous had they bumped into each other, but it wouldn’t have looked good for him if he’d spilled his plants all over this gem of a dragon and the rose clamped between his teeth. “I guess I should watch where I’m going next time, huh?” He felt a bit self-conscious. The other dragon was draped in silk, glittering and pastel, like he was carved from an arcane crystal. He almost glowed. Fey realized suddenly that he was dusted with pollen and that leaves clung to his clothes, as a result of his foraging earlier in the day. He was dressed in a simple cloak, a bit tattered, his tome at his side and satchels bulging with new specimens. He quickly attempted to brush himself off.
@Lovable it’s no problem, don’t worry about it! fey’s one of my favorites so i’m Happy to finally be able to share him with someone! I love the flowiness of your boyo and the image your reply conjures up.

So absorbed was Fey in the foreign grasses on the sides of this path, and so wrapped up in his own peace, that he didn’t realize the sparkling pink skydancer was coming at him until it was too late. Luckily, the vibrant dragon floated over Fey with the grace of a kite. The mirror blinked, one set of eyes and then the other. It took him a second to process what had just happened. The being that had just glided over him like the wind itself was gorgeous. The other dragon touched down, and Fey turned to him.

“Well, that was something. I almost bumped into you.”

He gave a slightly nervous laugh. It wouldn’t have been truly disastrous had they bumped into each other, but it wouldn’t have looked good for him if he’d spilled his plants all over this gem of a dragon and the rose clamped between his teeth.

“I guess I should watch where I’m going next time, huh?”

He felt a bit self-conscious. The other dragon was draped in silk, glittering and pastel, like he was carved from an arcane crystal. He almost glowed. Fey realized suddenly that he was dusted with pollen and that leaves clung to his clothes, as a result of his foraging earlier in the day. He was dressed in a simple cloak, a bit tattered, his tome at his side and satchels bulging with new specimens. He quickly attempted to brush himself off.
@coatlfeathers Fey is soo cute!!

The Skydancer lazily ran his eyes over the smaller dragon, seemingly contemplating. His face held a consistently smug look, and he now moved slowly, without care for time or space itself. He simply lived, in the moment, as it happened.

He chuckled at the seemingly embarrassed expression of the mirror.

"I hope you enjoyed my dance, I don't often give life performances." His voice deep and ringing with amusement.

It was then he spotted the satchel of stuffed foliage, the mushrooms sprouting from the dragon's shoulders (Dellingr recognized them as cures for nose colds), and the pollen dust that floated around the dragon like tiny fairies.

The skydancer tilted his handsome head, peering down one bird-like eye at the smaller being. He usually didn't stay around for other dragons, his attention being dragged in several other different directions. But purple was one of his favorite colors, and this dragon was violently purple. Furthermore, this dragons clearly knew about plants.

"What profession is yours that causes you to be covered in such fine specimens?" Dellingr questioned, head tilting from side to side as if to get different angels on the other.
@coatlfeathers Fey is soo cute!!

The Skydancer lazily ran his eyes over the smaller dragon, seemingly contemplating. His face held a consistently smug look, and he now moved slowly, without care for time or space itself. He simply lived, in the moment, as it happened.

He chuckled at the seemingly embarrassed expression of the mirror.

"I hope you enjoyed my dance, I don't often give life performances." His voice deep and ringing with amusement.

It was then he spotted the satchel of stuffed foliage, the mushrooms sprouting from the dragon's shoulders (Dellingr recognized them as cures for nose colds), and the pollen dust that floated around the dragon like tiny fairies.

The skydancer tilted his handsome head, peering down one bird-like eye at the smaller being. He usually didn't stay around for other dragons, his attention being dragged in several other different directions. But purple was one of his favorite colors, and this dragon was violently purple. Furthermore, this dragons clearly knew about plants.

"What profession is yours that causes you to be covered in such fine specimens?" Dellingr questioned, head tilting from side to side as if to get different angels on the other.
@Lovable thank you! Dellingr’s lore is such a cool concept- i feel like fey is like “plant friend” but also “wow mysterious pretty dragon,,,”

“Oh, these?” He tilted his head to peer back at the packs that were crammed with flora, relaxing slightly at this mysterious dragon’s similar interest.

“These are what I’ve picked up from my journey so far. I’m a medicine dragon, moreso plant medicine than anything. They’re specimens to study or use as cures or mixtures... you see, I’m coming from the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and the plants there mainly consist of seaweed, so I have to venture into other domains to replenish my stock and find new plants to research. You see, I’m headed to the Starfall Isles to find a... oh.”

The healer dragon realized abruptly he had been rambling, compelled to answer this calculating dragon’s question with full detail. He shrank slightly under the other’s gaze. “I’m Fey. I’m a plant healer.”
@Lovable thank you! Dellingr’s lore is such a cool concept- i feel like fey is like “plant friend” but also “wow mysterious pretty dragon,,,”

“Oh, these?” He tilted his head to peer back at the packs that were crammed with flora, relaxing slightly at this mysterious dragon’s similar interest.

“These are what I’ve picked up from my journey so far. I’m a medicine dragon, moreso plant medicine than anything. They’re specimens to study or use as cures or mixtures... you see, I’m coming from the Sea of a Thousand Currents, and the plants there mainly consist of seaweed, so I have to venture into other domains to replenish my stock and find new plants to research. You see, I’m headed to the Starfall Isles to find a... oh.”

The healer dragon realized abruptly he had been rambling, compelled to answer this calculating dragon’s question with full detail. He shrank slightly under the other’s gaze. “I’m Fey. I’m a plant healer.”
@coatlfeathers I'm so sorry, I forgot to state I'm semi-inactive on weekends ;o; I adoooore Fey, he's a sweet awkward babbyyy [emoji=heart size=1] Dellingr was respectfully quiet as he allowed the eccentric dragon to passionately ramble; the skydancer had presumed the other was in the medical field, but allowed Fey to offer further details about himself without interruption. Fey must have thought he was boring Dellingr, for he quickly composed himself and managed to make himself look even smaller than he already was. [i]Cute,[/i] Dellingr thought, and then, realizing the other might take his silence as a negative reaction, quickly broke the tension. "Well, Fey, they call me Dellingr," Dellingr allowed his beak to form a semblance of a smile. "For that is my name." He laughed at his own joke, thinking himself more clever than he actually was. "I too have an interested in plants, though I wouldn't call myself a healer." He paused and bowed his head, to better look at the many sparkling Arcane eyes of the mirror. He was inches away from the smaller dragon, and could smell the many familiar - and not so familiar - scents of the herbs and fungi that accompanied Fey. The wind pulled at his wings, as if urging him forward. The call of adventure was prickling in the back of Dellingr's mind, and his eyes glistened with excitement. His voice low, controlled, as if to not spook away the mysterious new acquaintance, Dellingr asked; "My new friend, what is so interesting at the Starfall Isles that warrants such a dangerous journey?"
@coatlfeathers I'm so sorry, I forgot to state I'm semi-inactive on weekends ;o;
I adoooore Fey, he's a sweet awkward babbyyy

Dellingr was respectfully quiet as he allowed the eccentric dragon to passionately ramble; the skydancer had presumed the other was in the medical field, but allowed Fey to offer further details about himself without interruption. Fey must have thought he was boring Dellingr, for he quickly composed himself and managed to make himself look even smaller than he already was.

Cute, Dellingr thought, and then, realizing the other might take his silence as a negative reaction, quickly broke the tension.

"Well, Fey, they call me Dellingr," Dellingr allowed his beak to form a semblance of a smile. "For that is my name." He laughed at his own joke, thinking himself more clever than he actually was. "I too have an interested in plants, though I wouldn't call myself a healer."

He paused and bowed his head, to better look at the many sparkling Arcane eyes of the mirror. He was inches away from the smaller dragon, and could smell the many familiar - and not so familiar - scents of the herbs and fungi that accompanied Fey.

The wind pulled at his wings, as if urging him forward. The call of adventure was prickling in the back of Dellingr's mind, and his eyes glistened with excitement.

His voice low, controlled, as if to not spook away the mysterious new acquaintance, Dellingr asked; "My new friend, what is so interesting at the Starfall Isles that warrants such a dangerous journey?"
1 2