Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Chaos Shard (1x1 w/ FutureChiken)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@FutureChiken

In the town of Farmount, it was a busy night. A festival was taking place, and practically everyone was outside. Music floated through the air as people roamed the streets. There were many stands selling a wide variety of goods, from food to apparel. Some of the villagers were chatting with one another, others were dancing in the square, and a few children were chasing after each other, laughing all the while.

Surprisingly, there weren't that many people in the tavern. On a night like this, it was expected that people would be there for the ale mostly, but that wasn't the case. For that reason, it seemed like a nice place to get away from the crowds in the streets. That was why Asriel was headed that way.

Asriel was enjoying himself tonight, especially since it seemed no one took notice of his odd appearance. He had just purchased a dark blue shawl with white lines embroidered into it and was walking to the tavern to collect himself. He didn't want to lose his focus, after all. He wasn't planning on sticking around for very long.

He entered the tavern and looked around. A small group of adventurers were sitting at the bar, drinking ale and discussing their latest successes. A few other people were in there by themselves as well, but they didn't look like they wanted to chat. Asriel went up to the bar and greeted the bartender with a smile.

"Hello! Nice night, isn't it?" he said cheerfully.

The bartender was a bit shocked, looking him up and down. "...Yes, it certainly is," he answered, collecting himself before he said anything that would be considered rude. "What will it be tonight? Bear in mind, you are not allowed to have any alcoholic beverages. You do not appear to be old enough."

Asriel shook his head. "That's okay," he replied. "I'm not old enough. I'll have a glass of water and seasoned steak, please!" He took a coin bag out of his satchel and handed over the coins he needed to pay for the meal. The bartender nodded politely before motioning for him to sit down, as he'd been standing up the whole time. He chuckled nervously and took a seat at the bar for now.
@FutureChiken

In the town of Farmount, it was a busy night. A festival was taking place, and practically everyone was outside. Music floated through the air as people roamed the streets. There were many stands selling a wide variety of goods, from food to apparel. Some of the villagers were chatting with one another, others were dancing in the square, and a few children were chasing after each other, laughing all the while.

Surprisingly, there weren't that many people in the tavern. On a night like this, it was expected that people would be there for the ale mostly, but that wasn't the case. For that reason, it seemed like a nice place to get away from the crowds in the streets. That was why Asriel was headed that way.

Asriel was enjoying himself tonight, especially since it seemed no one took notice of his odd appearance. He had just purchased a dark blue shawl with white lines embroidered into it and was walking to the tavern to collect himself. He didn't want to lose his focus, after all. He wasn't planning on sticking around for very long.

He entered the tavern and looked around. A small group of adventurers were sitting at the bar, drinking ale and discussing their latest successes. A few other people were in there by themselves as well, but they didn't look like they wanted to chat. Asriel went up to the bar and greeted the bartender with a smile.

"Hello! Nice night, isn't it?" he said cheerfully.

The bartender was a bit shocked, looking him up and down. "...Yes, it certainly is," he answered, collecting himself before he said anything that would be considered rude. "What will it be tonight? Bear in mind, you are not allowed to have any alcoholic beverages. You do not appear to be old enough."

Asriel shook his head. "That's okay," he replied. "I'm not old enough. I'll have a glass of water and seasoned steak, please!" He took a coin bag out of his satchel and handed over the coins he needed to pay for the meal. The bartender nodded politely before motioning for him to sit down, as he'd been standing up the whole time. He chuckled nervously and took a seat at the bar for now.
xk7ymDQ.png
(*incoherent screeching* Hi! Sorry for the late reply, was watching The Mandalorian. And lol I looked at Asriel's page on ToyHouse, you still have that picture I drew of him????))

Walter was in the tavern as well, he had entered a while ago after he had just received a punch to the face for stealing from a stand and causing a ruckus as he was known to do. For him, there wasn't any good reason for him to be at the festival. He was just bored. Extremely bored. There was nothing for him to do and the celebration happened to be close to where he had set up his camp.

The young man was sitting at the bar with his head face down on the table, the only hint of his abnormal flower eye was a few petals scattered about on the wood surface. Strangely, a rather plump bird was perched atop his ruffled hair, which the bartender had said that wasn't allowed, pheh, for whatever reason. He had eventually given up as soon as it was apparent Walter didn't care nor did the bird.

Walter would have gladly drank some ale a whole keg even, well, if he could. He just wanted to numb the stinging pain from the punch. That's what you get for trying to find something entertaining. As of right now, he was half asleep - a sweet rarity, for as long as he'd known, a full night's rest never made it's way to him. He barely heard the conversation of someone new entering the tavern and ordering something. The bird tilted her head at the other, chirping softly as if she was greeting him.

A few moments passed with nothing happening, that is, until Walter's entire body suddenly jerked...one of the reasons why sleeping was incredibly hard for him. He fell to the floor, backwards, with a loud thud. His dark green cloak fell over and covered his head as the bird flitted away onto the table with an annoyed cheep. The conversation happening at the adventure's table stopped briefly, then continued on with some stifled chuckles.

Walter sighed loudly but didn't move or bother to do anything about his current situation. It looked like it hurt.
"...It's more comfortable on the floor anyway..." He muttered to himself, voice muffled by the cloth in his face.
(*incoherent screeching* Hi! Sorry for the late reply, was watching The Mandalorian. And lol I looked at Asriel's page on ToyHouse, you still have that picture I drew of him????))

Walter was in the tavern as well, he had entered a while ago after he had just received a punch to the face for stealing from a stand and causing a ruckus as he was known to do. For him, there wasn't any good reason for him to be at the festival. He was just bored. Extremely bored. There was nothing for him to do and the celebration happened to be close to where he had set up his camp.

The young man was sitting at the bar with his head face down on the table, the only hint of his abnormal flower eye was a few petals scattered about on the wood surface. Strangely, a rather plump bird was perched atop his ruffled hair, which the bartender had said that wasn't allowed, pheh, for whatever reason. He had eventually given up as soon as it was apparent Walter didn't care nor did the bird.

Walter would have gladly drank some ale a whole keg even, well, if he could. He just wanted to numb the stinging pain from the punch. That's what you get for trying to find something entertaining. As of right now, he was half asleep - a sweet rarity, for as long as he'd known, a full night's rest never made it's way to him. He barely heard the conversation of someone new entering the tavern and ordering something. The bird tilted her head at the other, chirping softly as if she was greeting him.

A few moments passed with nothing happening, that is, until Walter's entire body suddenly jerked...one of the reasons why sleeping was incredibly hard for him. He fell to the floor, backwards, with a loud thud. His dark green cloak fell over and covered his head as the bird flitted away onto the table with an annoyed cheep. The conversation happening at the adventure's table stopped briefly, then continued on with some stifled chuckles.

Walter sighed loudly but didn't move or bother to do anything about his current situation. It looked like it hurt.
"...It's more comfortable on the floor anyway..." He muttered to himself, voice muffled by the cloth in his face.
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
While waiting for his order to be filled, Asriel noticed someone nearby. There was a bird perched atop the young man's head. He thought the bird was adorable. He smiled in a friendly manner at the bird as she chirped at him. He looked a bit concerned for the other boy at the bar, as well as curious when he noticed the petals. His head was on the table, and he didn't look happy at all.

He was surprised when the boy suddenly jerked, falling backwards and onto the floor. He tensed, at first thinking the group of adventurers were going to do something bad to him, but he was relieved when nothing else happened aside from them trying not to chuckle. It didn't sit well with him; laughing at someone's pain wasn't funny. He glanced at the bird before getting out of his seat and rushing to the young man's side.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked softly, kneeling down next to him. He thought about lifting the cloak off of him so he could breathe fresh air, but he held back in case he didn't like people grabbing at his clothing. He looked rather concerned. "Are you hurt?"
While waiting for his order to be filled, Asriel noticed someone nearby. There was a bird perched atop the young man's head. He thought the bird was adorable. He smiled in a friendly manner at the bird as she chirped at him. He looked a bit concerned for the other boy at the bar, as well as curious when he noticed the petals. His head was on the table, and he didn't look happy at all.

He was surprised when the boy suddenly jerked, falling backwards and onto the floor. He tensed, at first thinking the group of adventurers were going to do something bad to him, but he was relieved when nothing else happened aside from them trying not to chuckle. It didn't sit well with him; laughing at someone's pain wasn't funny. He glanced at the bird before getting out of his seat and rushing to the young man's side.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked softly, kneeling down next to him. He thought about lifting the cloak off of him so he could breathe fresh air, but he held back in case he didn't like people grabbing at his clothing. He looked rather concerned. "Are you hurt?"
xk7ymDQ.png
Walter took a bit to figure out that someone was talking to him. "Wha-?" He stuttered, pulling his cloak off his head, revealing his face. His right eye had flowers growing out of it and a stream of blood was flowing from under the petals his other eye had a fresh bruise from the punch he had received earlier. He looked at the young man, worry was stuck on the other's face and his appearance rather odd, but he didn't think much of it at all.

"...Never better," Walter replied to the question gruffly, sitting up and rubbing his forehead. The bird chirped at him. "What? I can't help it if I fall! Shush!" The flower-eyed boy clamored at her, being able to slightly understand her speech.

"Ugh, you wouldn't happen to have any ice would ya?" Walter said to the young man lightheartedly, he doubted so.
Walter took a bit to figure out that someone was talking to him. "Wha-?" He stuttered, pulling his cloak off his head, revealing his face. His right eye had flowers growing out of it and a stream of blood was flowing from under the petals his other eye had a fresh bruise from the punch he had received earlier. He looked at the young man, worry was stuck on the other's face and his appearance rather odd, but he didn't think much of it at all.

"...Never better," Walter replied to the question gruffly, sitting up and rubbing his forehead. The bird chirped at him. "What? I can't help it if I fall! Shush!" The flower-eyed boy clamored at her, being able to slightly understand her speech.

"Ugh, you wouldn't happen to have any ice would ya?" Walter said to the young man lightheartedly, he doubted so.
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
((Forgot to answer your question in your post, of course I do! It's adorable and I love it! <3))

Asriel finally got a good look at the young man's appearance. He'd never seen anyone with flowers for an eye before, but it didn't feel weird to him. He had a strange eye as well. He was worried about the blood and the bruise, and it showed on his face.

He was startled when the boy yelled at the bird, as if he understood what the bird was saying. He can talk to animals? Awesome! he thought, growing excited. He'd always wanted to speak to animals. He didn't know if his personal demon friend counted as an animal.

"Ice? Sure, hold on a sec," he replied, standing up and walking up to the bar. "Bartender!" The bartender came upon hearing his desperate call, stopping what he was doing to check on the commotion.

"Do you have any ice? He's hurt," Asriel explained, pointing at the boy on the floor. After a few seconds of shifting his gaze between the two boys, the bartender nodded slightly. While he went to go get some ice, Asriel walked back to the fallen boy and kneeled next to him once more.

"What happened?" he asked curiously. "Why is your eye bleeding? Does it hurt?"
((Forgot to answer your question in your post, of course I do! It's adorable and I love it! <3))

Asriel finally got a good look at the young man's appearance. He'd never seen anyone with flowers for an eye before, but it didn't feel weird to him. He had a strange eye as well. He was worried about the blood and the bruise, and it showed on his face.

He was startled when the boy yelled at the bird, as if he understood what the bird was saying. He can talk to animals? Awesome! he thought, growing excited. He'd always wanted to speak to animals. He didn't know if his personal demon friend counted as an animal.

"Ice? Sure, hold on a sec," he replied, standing up and walking up to the bar. "Bartender!" The bartender came upon hearing his desperate call, stopping what he was doing to check on the commotion.

"Do you have any ice? He's hurt," Asriel explained, pointing at the boy on the floor. After a few seconds of shifting his gaze between the two boys, the bartender nodded slightly. While he went to go get some ice, Asriel walked back to the fallen boy and kneeled next to him once more.

"What happened?" he asked curiously. "Why is your eye bleeding? Does it hurt?"
xk7ymDQ.png
((haha, that's nice, I might doodle him again for you when I have the time. Also sorry I type pretty slow ^^'))

"What-? Oh..." Right, the bartender would have ice, he handles drinks after all. Walter blinked rapidly, trying to clear his mind and rubbed his aching head again. The bird fluttered down to him, landing on his leg, letting out another loud chirp.

"No. Shush," He whispered to her, watching the young man and bartender with a mildly confused expression on his face. Walter wiped the blood from his flower eye vigorously, making a few petals fly off, then coughed a bit before answering.

"Well, it happens to be that most people don't seem to like me very much," he replied irritably, then pointed at his eye, "'It' likes to do that sometimes," he didn't elaborate on why he said 'it'. "And my everything hurts."

He brushed the bird away and pulled himself off of the floor, hanging onto the edge of the table. He stumbled a bit, but managed to get up without any problem.

((haha, that's nice, I might doodle him again for you when I have the time. Also sorry I type pretty slow ^^'))

"What-? Oh..." Right, the bartender would have ice, he handles drinks after all. Walter blinked rapidly, trying to clear his mind and rubbed his aching head again. The bird fluttered down to him, landing on his leg, letting out another loud chirp.

"No. Shush," He whispered to her, watching the young man and bartender with a mildly confused expression on his face. Walter wiped the blood from his flower eye vigorously, making a few petals fly off, then coughed a bit before answering.

"Well, it happens to be that most people don't seem to like me very much," he replied irritably, then pointed at his eye, "'It' likes to do that sometimes," he didn't elaborate on why he said 'it'. "And my everything hurts."

He brushed the bird away and pulled himself off of the floor, hanging onto the edge of the table. He stumbled a bit, but managed to get up without any problem.

((Oo nice! Don't worry, it's okay! ^^))

Asriel frowned. "People don't like you?" he asked, puzzled. He stood up when the young man did, prepared to catch him if he fell again. Luckily, he was able to stand up without a problem, which was a big relief. He didn't want him to get hurt any further. He understood what he said about not a lot of people liking him. He'd had bad run-ins with plenty of people before; they were memories he didn't want to think about.

He saw the bartender come back with the ice and accepted it from him, nodding in thanks. He turned to the boy and handed him the ice for him to use. He smiled in a friendly way at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that everything hurts..." he offered. "But maybe I can help! My name's Asriel. What's your name?"
((Oo nice! Don't worry, it's okay! ^^))

Asriel frowned. "People don't like you?" he asked, puzzled. He stood up when the young man did, prepared to catch him if he fell again. Luckily, he was able to stand up without a problem, which was a big relief. He didn't want him to get hurt any further. He understood what he said about not a lot of people liking him. He'd had bad run-ins with plenty of people before; they were memories he didn't want to think about.

He saw the bartender come back with the ice and accepted it from him, nodding in thanks. He turned to the boy and handed him the ice for him to use. He smiled in a friendly way at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that everything hurts..." he offered. "But maybe I can help! My name's Asriel. What's your name?"
xk7ymDQ.png
((Okay cool xD))

"Yep," Walter replied to the first question, with slight sarcasm, "People don't like me, what a concept."

'D' heck this guy playing at?' He thought as the bird landed once again on his head. He took the ice gratefully and rummaged through one of the many pockets of his pants with his free hand, taking out a cloth. Wrapping it around the ice, he held up to his head. There, that felt a bit better.

"Help?" Walter repeated, confused. Why in the world would someone want to help him? And how in the world would this person help? He didn't really need help. Did he? He sighed, then said quickly, "Name's Walter. How do you do? How's life? The weather is great and however people greet other people nowadays..." He joked, shaking his head.

((Okay cool xD))

"Yep," Walter replied to the first question, with slight sarcasm, "People don't like me, what a concept."

'D' heck this guy playing at?' He thought as the bird landed once again on his head. He took the ice gratefully and rummaged through one of the many pockets of his pants with his free hand, taking out a cloth. Wrapping it around the ice, he held up to his head. There, that felt a bit better.

"Help?" Walter repeated, confused. Why in the world would someone want to help him? And how in the world would this person help? He didn't really need help. Did he? He sighed, then said quickly, "Name's Walter. How do you do? How's life? The weather is great and however people greet other people nowadays..." He joked, shaking his head.

((“D’ heck this guy playing at” how did I know he would think that XD))

Asriel watched as he took the ice and applied it to his head. He didn’t understand his sarcasm, but he didn’t address it at all. In fact, it seemed to fly right over his head. He generally didn’t get sarcasm, even if he accidentally used it once or twice in the past. He never meant to be that way.

He grinned. “Yes, help!” he replied. He sounded upbeat. “Walter... that’s a cool name! I’ve never heard it before, so it must only belong to cool people. I’m doing fine; I’ve been traveling all around the place!” He paused for a moment.

“People usually greet each other with a handshake!” he offered helpfully. “Sometimes they greet me with a fist or a dagger, but... anyways, have a handshake! I insist!” He held out his hand, hoping he would accept the gesture. He glanced between Walter and his bird.
((“D’ heck this guy playing at” how did I know he would think that XD))

Asriel watched as he took the ice and applied it to his head. He didn’t understand his sarcasm, but he didn’t address it at all. In fact, it seemed to fly right over his head. He generally didn’t get sarcasm, even if he accidentally used it once or twice in the past. He never meant to be that way.

He grinned. “Yes, help!” he replied. He sounded upbeat. “Walter... that’s a cool name! I’ve never heard it before, so it must only belong to cool people. I’m doing fine; I’ve been traveling all around the place!” He paused for a moment.

“People usually greet each other with a handshake!” he offered helpfully. “Sometimes they greet me with a fist or a dagger, but... anyways, have a handshake! I insist!” He held out his hand, hoping he would accept the gesture. He glanced between Walter and his bird.
xk7ymDQ.png
((Walter's so confused xD))

Walter looked at Asriel with increasing puzzlement. "Uh...what?" He muttered, he had always thought his name was rather plain, like a bunch of gibberish. This Asriel was one of those extremely optimistic types, he figured...he also didn't know how to feel about that. He'd never met someone like this before - maybe he was faking? He had no idea.

Walter looked at the hand the other was holding out, of course he knew what a handshake was. But he just kinda looked at it as he adjusted the melting ice cloth. The bird fluffed her feathers up, tweeting again, and poked Walter's head with her beak. "Hey!" He whispered to her.

He shook his head and let out a small chuckle, "I can relate to the whole 'hello' with a knife thing," He shook Asriel's hand, "You've been travelling?"
((Walter's so confused xD))

Walter looked at Asriel with increasing puzzlement. "Uh...what?" He muttered, he had always thought his name was rather plain, like a bunch of gibberish. This Asriel was one of those extremely optimistic types, he figured...he also didn't know how to feel about that. He'd never met someone like this before - maybe he was faking? He had no idea.

Walter looked at the hand the other was holding out, of course he knew what a handshake was. But he just kinda looked at it as he adjusted the melting ice cloth. The bird fluffed her feathers up, tweeting again, and poked Walter's head with her beak. "Hey!" He whispered to her.

He shook his head and let out a small chuckle, "I can relate to the whole 'hello' with a knife thing," He shook Asriel's hand, "You've been travelling?"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12