Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Visit (closed)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44 45
Aharon kept up with no difficulty, the size difference alone nearly made up for the speed at which the tundra moved. Even so, he never seemed to tire at all.

Both heads were silent, unless the dominant head was soothing the gibbering queen, or unless they were directly spoken to. Both of them seemed to answer to Aharon, but that wasn't too surprising.

Silth hardly ever seemed lucid enough to speak in complete sentences, sometimes not even words. It was easy to see why the clan was unhappy about her in her current state. It was harder to guess why they had agreed to travel, except that the imperial might have feared action from the clan.
Aharon kept up with no difficulty, the size difference alone nearly made up for the speed at which the tundra moved. Even so, he never seemed to tire at all.

Both heads were silent, unless the dominant head was soothing the gibbering queen, or unless they were directly spoken to. Both of them seemed to answer to Aharon, but that wasn't too surprising.

Silth hardly ever seemed lucid enough to speak in complete sentences, sometimes not even words. It was easy to see why the clan was unhappy about her in her current state. It was harder to guess why they had agreed to travel, except that the imperial might have feared action from the clan.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The group kept up the same pace as the sun set to their back. The night came quickly, and as it began to cool off Jacks spread his wings and pushed off from the ground.
The group kept up the same pace as the sun set to their back. The night came quickly, and as it began to cool off Jacks spread his wings and pushed off from the ground.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The imperial waited a few moments after the tundra became airborne to follow. He had to get a running start to get himself off the ground, as imperials were more built to take off from cliffs. Aharon clearly had experience, and despite his extra bulky chest, was soon in steady flight just behind Jacks.

The silent head was quick to curl backwards, resting against the queen's platform. The other was doing all the flying anyway, and it paid to have a lookout.

"To which territory are we headed?" Asked Aharon after a while. "Not the Tangled Wood, I hope."
The imperial waited a few moments after the tundra became airborne to follow. He had to get a running start to get himself off the ground, as imperials were more built to take off from cliffs. Aharon clearly had experience, and despite his extra bulky chest, was soon in steady flight just behind Jacks.

The silent head was quick to curl backwards, resting against the queen's platform. The other was doing all the flying anyway, and it paid to have a lookout.

"To which territory are we headed?" Asked Aharon after a while. "Not the Tangled Wood, I hope."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"The tundra shouted back to the imperial. Our final destination will be in the Viridian Labyrinth. However we are going to a relay station first. It will make the journey much easier."

The tundra gained altitude until they were at about 2,000 feet. He then settled into a steady pace for flight.
"The tundra shouted back to the imperial. Our final destination will be in the Viridian Labyrinth. However we are going to a relay station first. It will make the journey much easier."

The tundra gained altitude until they were at about 2,000 feet. He then settled into a steady pace for flight.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Aharon followed, allowing his large broad wings to catch the air currents. With a little adjustment, he was able to stay up with minimal flapping, and while one head napped.

The wildclaw would occasionally stand and allow her deep purple wings catch the wind, but she was clearly too weighed down to fly. Most of the time she was content to just relax on her comfortable platform and be carried.

The imperial had been brought before her at a young age. Shade-tainted and feared by his clan, she had taken him in as a gift from the Shadowbinder herself. A creature so made to spite the Lightweaver that he could not set foot in her lands.

He had been with her since then, and grown up to be her most trusted advisor and loyal guard. He had seen her kingdom fall, witnessed her mortal crime, and still remained. He was the only face constant enough to be clear in the fog of her tormented and failing mind. The only voice she could still hear.

Perhaps, when she could muster coherent thought, the queen was jealous that he had been allowed to keep his mind. Perhaps immortality, which she had committed great atrocity to obtain, was not so uncommon as she thought. Maybe it was coincidence.

The shade sustained his life, but forever took from him in return. But that might have been a blessing, to lose old and mostly unimportant memory in exchange for life and power. Surely it wasn't all that much of a curse.

Not that Silth had long to muse on it, as the fog of memory overwritten by memory was quick to close in on her.
Aharon followed, allowing his large broad wings to catch the air currents. With a little adjustment, he was able to stay up with minimal flapping, and while one head napped.

The wildclaw would occasionally stand and allow her deep purple wings catch the wind, but she was clearly too weighed down to fly. Most of the time she was content to just relax on her comfortable platform and be carried.

The imperial had been brought before her at a young age. Shade-tainted and feared by his clan, she had taken him in as a gift from the Shadowbinder herself. A creature so made to spite the Lightweaver that he could not set foot in her lands.

He had been with her since then, and grown up to be her most trusted advisor and loyal guard. He had seen her kingdom fall, witnessed her mortal crime, and still remained. He was the only face constant enough to be clear in the fog of her tormented and failing mind. The only voice she could still hear.

Perhaps, when she could muster coherent thought, the queen was jealous that he had been allowed to keep his mind. Perhaps immortality, which she had committed great atrocity to obtain, was not so uncommon as she thought. Maybe it was coincidence.

The shade sustained his life, but forever took from him in return. But that might have been a blessing, to lose old and mostly unimportant memory in exchange for life and power. Surely it wasn't all that much of a curse.

Not that Silth had long to muse on it, as the fog of memory overwritten by memory was quick to close in on her.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra sailed gracefully ahead. The night sky was cool, stars glowed softly across the horizon. It was definitely a relaxing at atmosphere.

About an hour into there flight they had traveled about halfway to the border of plague territory. The atmosphere had changed however. The tundra speed up the pace and kept glancing back over his wing. He suddenly slowed down and came up close to Aharon's front left side. He said just barely loud enough for the large dragon to hear.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but we have a tail. Knowing the territory we are in, I suspect we are soon to an ambush. I've already alerted the caravan guard to the situation, however the calvary wont be here for another ten minutes."

Looking back, Aharon couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, especially not someone following them.
The tundra sailed gracefully ahead. The night sky was cool, stars glowed softly across the horizon. It was definitely a relaxing at atmosphere.

About an hour into there flight they had traveled about halfway to the border of plague territory. The atmosphere had changed however. The tundra speed up the pace and kept glancing back over his wing. He suddenly slowed down and came up close to Aharon's front left side. He said just barely loud enough for the large dragon to hear.

"I don't mean to alarm you, but we have a tail. Knowing the territory we are in, I suspect we are soon to an ambush. I've already alerted the caravan guard to the situation, however the calvary wont be here for another ten minutes."

Looking back, Aharon couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, especially not someone following them.
The imperial grunted, twisting his neck back to nip at the mane of the other head. The mute brother yawned, glancing between his brother and the tundra curiously.

"Stay close, if you're worried," he said, "few dragons wish to tussle with us for long. I'm sure I can hold off whatever is following, at least for a while." The eyes that traced strange patterns down the large dragon's body blinked open, each one seeming to glance around independently. Warily.

The wildclaw seemed excited. "Blood!" She hissed, "blood for the throne. Rivers of red at our feet." It was the most coherent thing she had said the whole trip long.
The imperial grunted, twisting his neck back to nip at the mane of the other head. The mute brother yawned, glancing between his brother and the tundra curiously.

"Stay close, if you're worried," he said, "few dragons wish to tussle with us for long. I'm sure I can hold off whatever is following, at least for a while." The eyes that traced strange patterns down the large dragon's body blinked open, each one seeming to glance around independently. Warily.

The wildclaw seemed excited. "Blood!" She hissed, "blood for the throne. Rivers of red at our feet." It was the most coherent thing she had said the whole trip long.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra threw a glance at the queen before glancing behind them again. He let out a sharp gasp before facing forward again and putting a hand against his head. The imperial could just hear what he was saying

"Ace do you copy? I need that ten minute ETA shaved down to a five minute ETA."

"I don't care if you wake half the dead in Sorneth. I've got a heavy with VIP cargo and a Viper on my six high. Now you kick it into gear and get the hell down here before it sets in on me."

"Understood, Jacks out."

The imperial spotted something a shadow in the night sky above and behind them, blocking out the stars it was hard to tell the size or distance.
The tundra threw a glance at the queen before glancing behind them again. He let out a sharp gasp before facing forward again and putting a hand against his head. The imperial could just hear what he was saying

"Ace do you copy? I need that ten minute ETA shaved down to a five minute ETA."

"I don't care if you wake half the dead in Sorneth. I've got a heavy with VIP cargo and a Viper on my six high. Now you kick it into gear and get the hell down here before it sets in on me."

"Understood, Jacks out."

The imperial spotted something a shadow in the night sky above and behind them, blocking out the stars it was hard to tell the size or distance.
The wildclaw hunkered down, gripping tightly to the saddle. She let out a low, cold hiss.

The Imperial twisted the lower half of his body slightly, just to change the view of the eyes. Some of them stayed tracking the shadow above, while the others kept up their scanning.

The large dragon growled. "Got an idea of what's coming?" he asked, "Like to be prepared if it gets here before your friendlies." His already black eyes had darkened slightly, and the queen seemed almost eager to jump from his back.
The wildclaw hunkered down, gripping tightly to the saddle. She let out a low, cold hiss.

The Imperial twisted the lower half of his body slightly, just to change the view of the eyes. Some of them stayed tracking the shadow above, while the others kept up their scanning.

The large dragon growled. "Got an idea of what's coming?" he asked, "Like to be prepared if it gets here before your friendlies." His already black eyes had darkened slightly, and the queen seemed almost eager to jump from his back.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
Jacks shook his head no.

A very tence minute passed with nothing happening. Then the tundra shouted suddenly.

"Split! Bogie six high diving on us! Keep heading North East I'll draw them off!"

The tundra dove straight down practically falling straight at the ground. Half a second later the shadowy figure dove right past the imperial, so close that the wind of it rushing by pushed down on the imperial's wing. The figure was following the courier extremely closely.
Jacks shook his head no.

A very tence minute passed with nothing happening. Then the tundra shouted suddenly.

"Split! Bogie six high diving on us! Keep heading North East I'll draw them off!"

The tundra dove straight down practically falling straight at the ground. Half a second later the shadowy figure dove right past the imperial, so close that the wind of it rushing by pushed down on the imperial's wing. The figure was following the courier extremely closely.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44 45