Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Visit (closed)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
Kala waved down the mirror to have a bottle brought over for the pining tundra. He also brought them out a tray of food, fresh grilled vegatables, nuts, bread, cheese and dried fruits.

"I was rescued by one of them," she said, plucking a piece of fruit off the tray. "I was a dancer, traveling around with my little troupe to do shows. Ended up in one of those big scrappy looking bazaars in the contagion, and got nabbed by dragon traders on the way out the back."

She sighed, frowning off into the distance. "One of them rescued me after a few months of being locked up in one of the gambling places, and brought me here. I just stuck around." She considered her glass a moment and then tipped it back. "I'm just the hostess because I'm more friendly than the rest of my clanmates."
Kala waved down the mirror to have a bottle brought over for the pining tundra. He also brought them out a tray of food, fresh grilled vegatables, nuts, bread, cheese and dried fruits.

"I was rescued by one of them," she said, plucking a piece of fruit off the tray. "I was a dancer, traveling around with my little troupe to do shows. Ended up in one of those big scrappy looking bazaars in the contagion, and got nabbed by dragon traders on the way out the back."

She sighed, frowning off into the distance. "One of them rescued me after a few months of being locked up in one of the gambling places, and brought me here. I just stuck around." She considered her glass a moment and then tipped it back. "I'm just the hostess because I'm more friendly than the rest of my clanmates."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The Courier seemed saddened by the story, though when she was done with the story he didn't show it.

"I was a lab rat for a goodly part of 4 years. The worst part? Whatever they did, my liver is way too efficient. I can't get drunk, not even tipsy. I only drink scotch because of the taste."

He looked disdainfully at the bottle.

"Its also bloody expensive"
The Courier seemed saddened by the story, though when she was done with the story he didn't show it.

"I was a lab rat for a goodly part of 4 years. The worst part? Whatever they did, my liver is way too efficient. I can't get drunk, not even tipsy. I only drink scotch because of the taste."

He looked disdainfully at the bottle.

"Its also bloody expensive"
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The pearlcatcher gave him a sympathetic look. "Well, this one's all yours," she said, "most of the clan prefers whiskey, or nasty fermented cactus stuff. At least it won't go to waste."

She trailed off, mumbling "poor thing, barred from having any fun," under her breath.

The blue ridgeback nearby looked up, taking a swig from the bottle. "Yeah, wasn't supposed to be in our supply shipment," she confirmed, "got it by mistake, and we've had the bottles down there for months. Nobody in this clan has good taste in alcohol."

She was apparently counting herself in that statement.
The pearlcatcher gave him a sympathetic look. "Well, this one's all yours," she said, "most of the clan prefers whiskey, or nasty fermented cactus stuff. At least it won't go to waste."

She trailed off, mumbling "poor thing, barred from having any fun," under her breath.

The blue ridgeback nearby looked up, taking a swig from the bottle. "Yeah, wasn't supposed to be in our supply shipment," she confirmed, "got it by mistake, and we've had the bottles down there for months. Nobody in this clan has good taste in alcohol."

She was apparently counting herself in that statement.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Thanks."
He poured another shot and let out a sigh.

"It's not all bad. At least I'm still here in the head, I got this job."

He let out a sharp laugh "Be a Courier they said, You'll see Sorneth they said."

He knocked back the second shot.
"Thanks."
He poured another shot and let out a sigh.

"It's not all bad. At least I'm still here in the head, I got this job."

He let out a sharp laugh "Be a Courier they said, You'll see Sorneth they said."

He knocked back the second shot.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
More of the clan had gathered around the fire by then, as it must have been time for the evening meal. For many, it was breakfast, as the desert demanded a nocturnal lifestyle of its residents.

They were happy enough to settle there, even including the tundra in conversation as they talked and laughed in the common room. Most of the clan were desert raiders or thieves, with a peppering of strange mages thrown in as well as some with more typical jobs.

They were a scoundrel bunch, and a little rough around the edges, but for the most part not threatening. At least not until the raider captain and her mate got up to tell the story of how they had "acquired" their latest supplies. Skyheart was a better storyteller, but the mirror at her side was enthusiastic. They had definitely murdered the caravan's leader.

Kala leaned in at some point, just to inform the tundra that she would take him to a guest room whenever he was ready to be away from the chaos. "Though," she added, "you may want to try and stay up. You'll be traveling through tomorrow night, and it isn't easy to keep up with an imperial in flight."
More of the clan had gathered around the fire by then, as it must have been time for the evening meal. For many, it was breakfast, as the desert demanded a nocturnal lifestyle of its residents.

They were happy enough to settle there, even including the tundra in conversation as they talked and laughed in the common room. Most of the clan were desert raiders or thieves, with a peppering of strange mages thrown in as well as some with more typical jobs.

They were a scoundrel bunch, and a little rough around the edges, but for the most part not threatening. At least not until the raider captain and her mate got up to tell the story of how they had "acquired" their latest supplies. Skyheart was a better storyteller, but the mirror at her side was enthusiastic. They had definitely murdered the caravan's leader.

Kala leaned in at some point, just to inform the tundra that she would take him to a guest room whenever he was ready to be away from the chaos. "Though," she added, "you may want to try and stay up. You'll be traveling through tomorrow night, and it isn't easy to keep up with an imperial in flight."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra seemed to seemed content with the atmosphere.

"You know, I'd pull my deck of cards out and try to play a hand of caravan with someone, however I'd bet money on the fact I'd be leaving this place with much lighter pockets. Never mind the fact I'd get my deck back with more cards then I started. I guess you're right. It is about the right time to retire for the evening."
The tundra seemed to seemed content with the atmosphere.

"You know, I'd pull my deck of cards out and try to play a hand of caravan with someone, however I'd bet money on the fact I'd be leaving this place with much lighter pockets. Never mind the fact I'd get my deck back with more cards then I started. I guess you're right. It is about the right time to retire for the evening."
"Probably a good call," hummed the pearlcatcher, "better go before someone decides to start singing."

She led the way back below ground, to a series of chambers carved into the stone walls of the tunnel. The one she led him to was just roomy enough to be comfortable, with soft bedding a magic lantern, and a small basin of water. There was no real decoration, but the soft hue of the stone made the chamber dim and peaceful.

"If you wake up early, you can always come back upstairs," assured the pearlcatcher, "if not, I'll come get you at least in time to have a good meal before you go."
"Probably a good call," hummed the pearlcatcher, "better go before someone decides to start singing."

She led the way back below ground, to a series of chambers carved into the stone walls of the tunnel. The one she led him to was just roomy enough to be comfortable, with soft bedding a magic lantern, and a small basin of water. There was no real decoration, but the soft hue of the stone made the chamber dim and peaceful.

"If you wake up early, you can always come back upstairs," assured the pearlcatcher, "if not, I'll come get you at least in time to have a good meal before you go."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra nodded.
"Thanks. I hope you enjoy your evening."

He settled down on the bedding and took a sip of water from his canteen before falling asleep.
The tundra nodded.
"Thanks. I hope you enjoy your evening."

He settled down on the bedding and took a sip of water from his canteen before falling asleep.
Many of the clan's dragons retired to their rooms around dawn, and the halls of the clan became very quiet again until late evening.

Aharon returned from the depths of the clan around that time as well, first to fetch a meal, and then to eat one himself. The large cloaked dragon kept to himself while eating, and was so quiet that he was almost hard to notice there.

Kala rose from her perch, stretching as she prepared to go fetch the tundra. It would be time to head out soon enough.
Many of the clan's dragons retired to their rooms around dawn, and the halls of the clan became very quiet again until late evening.

Aharon returned from the depths of the clan around that time as well, first to fetch a meal, and then to eat one himself. The large cloaked dragon kept to himself while eating, and was so quiet that he was almost hard to notice there.

Kala rose from her perch, stretching as she prepared to go fetch the tundra. It would be time to head out soon enough.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra slept like the dead, and them some. He continued to sleep as Kala prepared to wake him up.
The tundra slept like the dead, and them some. He continued to sleep as Kala prepared to wake him up.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45